Club tweet

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Club tweet

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Incoming?
12A30B49-BBD7-499F-91E1-7619FD69D8DA.png
12A30B49-BBD7-499F-91E1-7619FD69D8DA.png (277.87 KiB) Viewed 5948 times

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8426 times
Has Liked: 18095 times

Re: Club tweet Dwight extends contract...

Post by Bosscat » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Its Dwight extending his contract

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Re: Club tweet

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:04 pm

No. McNeil has signed a new contact, I think.

barba
Been Liked: 100 times
Has Liked: 52 times

Post by barba » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Dwight signed for an additional 12 months taking him to June 2024

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/con ... -moor-deal

FactualFrank
Been Liked: 6930 times
Has Liked: 11660 times

Post by FactualFrank » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:05 pm

It's good news of course, as it means we're likely to get more for him at the end of the season if/when he moves. Also no doubt timed for today (news released) as there will be no incoming transfers.
This user liked this post: Long Time Lurker

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:08 pm

Poor do when the club account thinks it is funny to troll a frustrated group of fans on another likely failed deadline day.
These 4 users liked this post: DomBFC1882 mybloodisclaret Long Time Lurker ksrclaret

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:52 pm

#likeanewsigning

Wellsy1882
Been Liked: 247 times
Has Liked: 90 times

Post by Wellsy1882 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:12 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:08 pm
Poor do when the club account thinks it is funny to troll a frustrated group of fans on another likely failed deadline day.
Bastards

simonclaret
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 3596 times

Post by simonclaret » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:30 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:08 pm
Where's the trolling? It was Sky suggesting a transfer.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:16 pm

Never thought Blackburn would out do us on signings during the window

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:27 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:16 pm

If only we were as good as them
This user liked this post: Leisure

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:59 pm

simonclaret wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:30 pm
Where's the trolling? It was Sky suggesting a transfer.
The club tweet. It’s shown above. If that’s nothing more than Dwight signing a 12 month extension, then it’s a bit.... well.... naughty. As good as that is, the tweet suggests a signing.... and I’m afraid an extension to a current players existing contract doesn’t really count.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

simonclaret
Been Liked: 264 times
Has Liked: 3596 times

Post by simonclaret » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:01 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:59 pm
The club tweet. It’s shown above. If that’s nothing more than Dwight signing a 12 month extension, then it’s a bit.... well.... naughty. As good as that is, the tweet suggests a signing.... and I’m afraid an extension to a current players existing contract doesn’t really count.
Eyes, McNeil's trademark gesture and signing. Nothing naughty about the club being excited to announce a new contract for one of our brightest talents.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:02 pm

bobinho wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Would the hand symbol before the pen image not show people that it was Dwight, plus if it was a new player Nixon would have told his disciples who would then have put it on here

huw.Y.WattfromWare

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:04 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Loans. Can they play four in the same game?

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:18 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:27 pm
If only we were as good as them
I hate to say it but we are 3rd favorites for relegation and I would not rule them out of making the play offs

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:19 pm

An additional 12 months. He'll be like a new signing. What a tonic. Just what the doctor ordered.

The club always seem to read the room ever so well.
This user liked this post: bobinho

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:29 pm

warksclaret wrote:
:D :D :D

Reecey1987
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Reecey1987 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:36 pm

warksclaret wrote:
made some very good signings

Long Time Lurker
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 420 times

Post by Long Time Lurker » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:50 pm

warksclaret wrote:
If it wasn't for the helping hand of cronyism ( extended by Mark Hughes ) then Rigg would probably still be a third rate scout with Blackburn Rovers. The negative impact his stay would have had on their current recruitment could have seen us out do them in this window.

I didn't expect anything from the little window. My big hope is that after the window completely closes the club will announce that Mike Rigg ( along with some of the other questionable personnel additions he has introduced into our recruitment department ) will be leaving the club to pursue other avenues.

Our recruitment has seriously regressed in the last 2 years. The only increases we have seen are toxicity, pie in the sky transfer strategies that led to failure, poor strategic planning, the sheer volume of pitiful ( and frequently self contradictory ) excuses and what seems to be a more free flowing passage of information between the recruitment department and some independent journalists.

The last of those points is welcome, but it isn't worth sacrificing the future prosperity of our club for.

I would also say that those increased communication channels are probably more in line with offsetting and trying to subdue the aggressive fan backlash that played a very big part in his departures from QPR and Fulham. Fostering a pathway to influence the chitter chatter of fans, and playing down any negative critiques or comments, could be an invaluable service to a consistently poor performer like Rigg.

Returning to the Garlick and Dyche recruitment duo ( tempered by the financial input of the CEO ) would probably do us the world of good. We could then set about finding a new Technical Director - with a proven performance pedigree who is worthy of the job title and the wages we pay them.

We could even re-hire David Baldwin in that capacity to cover the short term. I liked Baldwin, he was an asset to the club and his departure to the EFL was a big loss. He struck me as a bloke with common sense and a healthy degree of practical reasoning - which is what we seem to have lost in the Rigg era.

As things currently stand I foresee a grim and dark future for us. " The problem isn't me, to work effectively I need to have more funds. We need to sell our valuable player assets like Tarks, Pope and Mc Neil. I can then use all the proceeds to carry out a complete squad overhaul, like I did at QPR and Fulham ".

Given the catastrophic impact that Rigg had on both of those clubs, when he was given free reign over their cheque books and their Head Coach / player recruitment it would surely mark the end of days for us.

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:40 pm

Long winded nonsense
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:00 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:50 pm
If it wasn't for the helping hand of cronyism ( extended by Mark Hughes ) then Rigg would probably still be a third rate scout with Blackburn Rovers. The negative impact his stay would have had on their current recruitment could have seen us out do them in this window.

I didn't expect anything from the little window. My big hope is that after the window completely closes the club will announce that Mike Rigg ( along with some of the other questionable personnel additions he has introduced into our recruitment department ) will be leaving the club to pursue other avenues.

Our recruitment has seriously regressed in the last 2 years. The only increases we have seen are toxicity, pie in the sky transfer strategies that led to failure, poor strategic planning, the sheer volume of pitiful ( and frequently self contradictory ) excuses and what seems to be a more free flowing passage of information between the recruitment department and some independent journalists.

The last of those points is welcome, but it isn't worth sacrificing the future prosperity of our club for.

I would also say that those increased communication channels are probably more in line with offsetting and trying to subdue the aggressive fan backlash that played a very big part in his departures from QPR and Fulham. Fostering a pathway to influence the chitter chatter of fans, and playing down any negative critiques or comments, could be an invaluable service to a consistently poor performer like Rigg.

Returning to the Garlick and Dyche recruitment duo ( tempered by the financial input of the CEO ) would probably do us the world of good. We could then set about finding a new Technical Director - with a proven performance pedigree who is worthy of the job title and the wages we pay them.

We could even re-hire David Baldwin in that capacity to cover the short term. I liked Baldwin, he was an asset to the club and his departure to the EFL was a big loss. He struck me as a bloke with common sense and a healthy degree of practical reasoning - which is what we seem to have lost in the Rigg era.

As things currently stand I foresee a grim and dark future for us. " The problem isn't me, to work effectively I need to have more funds. We need to sell our valuable player assets like Tarks, Pope and Mc Neil. I can then use all the proceeds to carry out a complete squad overhaul, like I did at QPR and Fulham ".

Given the catastrophic impact that Rigg had on both of those clubs, when he was given free reign over their cheque books and their Head Coach / player recruitment it would surely mark the end of days for us.
Crikey,

The end of the world is nigh ;)

Goobs
Been Liked: 1459 times
Has Liked: 992 times

Post by Goobs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:05 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:

I hope you hate your ex wife as much as you hate Mike Rigg.

Remember it takes two to tango.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1712 times
Has Liked: 269 times

Post by agreenwood » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Not sure I understand the logic of blaming Rigg for this window. There’s clearly no money being made available.

He’s not a magician.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:04 pm
Loans. Can they play four in the same game?
Yes - unless the rules have changed it’s up to five domestic loans in a match day squad.
This user liked this post: huw.Y.WattfromWare

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:48 pm

agreenwood wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:41 pm
Not sure I understand the logic of blaming Rigg for this window. There’s clearly no money being made available.

He’s not a magician.
There is no logic in blaming Rigg

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:27 pm

LTL also blames Rigg for :
Covid
the floods,
Australian bush fires
the sinking of the Belgrano
chocolate bars being smaller
extinction of the Dingo
Chernobyl
the mines closing
supermarkets no longer selling Arctic Roll
Take That splitting up
Take That reforming
Global warming
Etc
Etc

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Long Time Lurker wrote:

And I would hope that the cretin that appointed Rigg and his cronies will be following him out of the door.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:32 pm

TVC15 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:27 pm
Covid
the floods,
Australian bush fires
extinction of the Dingo
Chernobyl
the mines closing
Take That splitting up
Take That reforming
Global warming
Etc
Etc
:D :D

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:43 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:02 pm
Would the hand symbol before the pen image not show people that it was Dwight, plus if it was a new player Nixon would have told his disciples who would then have put it on here
Give it a rest, Bentley is a smart arse and knew exactly what he was doing with that tweet.
This user liked this post: Burnley1989

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:46 pm

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:43 pm
Give it a rest, Bentley is a smart arse and knew exactly what he was doing with that tweet.
With you on that, as boring as it gets is that level of ‘banter’

Burnleyareback2
Been Liked: 772 times
Has Liked: 1426 times

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:46 pm

I’m still amazed the club are happy for Darren Bentley to tweet his political views, even though it’s his own twitter his fan base is of course full of clarets hoping for Burnley insights. I don’t see any difference between the rules for him and the rules for players.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6893 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:54 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:46 pm
I’m still amazed the club are happy for Darren Bentley to tweet his political views, even though it’s his own twitter his fan base is of course full of clarets hoping for Burnley insights. I don’t see any difference between the rules for him and the rules for players.
Are the players not allowed to tweet their political views?

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Burnley1989 wrote:
With you on that, as boring as it gets is that level of ‘banter’
He’s a tool. The Stan the Man doc shows you how he’s best handled.

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
He’s so far up Alastair Campbell’s backside you can’t tell where he ends and Campbell begins.
Last edited by BurnleyFC on Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

huw.Y.WattfromWare

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 pm
Yes - unless the rules have changed it’s up to five domestic loans in a match day squad.
Cheers for that but what a farce. I hope it disrupts the squad harmony they appear to have.

arise_sir_charge

Post by arise_sir_charge » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:02 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 pm
He’s so far up Alastair Campbell’s backside you can’t tell where he ends and Campbell begins.
Campbell being put forward as a rep of the club is another issue.

Bird and Bentley say “well we never ask him about politics”.....that’s fine then, let’s get Tommy Robinson to summarise next game then, he knows as much about football as Campbell.
This user liked this post: Burnleyareback2

Burnleyareback2

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm

BurnleyFC wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 pm
Not sure, had to block Campbell.

Burnleyareback2

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:13 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:54 pm
Are the players not allowed to tweet their political views?
I’m sure they are, but is it deemed appropriate? The answer is no.

Bin Ont Turf
Been Liked: 5154 times
Has Liked: 795 times
Location: On top of a pink elephant riding to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Post by Bin Ont Turf » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:18 pm

The only problem I have with Bentley is his silly Blackburn-ish accent.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:18 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:13 pm
I’m sure they are, but is it deemed appropriate? The answer is no.
If it’s his personal Twitter account then why shouldn’t he be free to post his personal views, provided they don’t bring the club into disrepute?

Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:21 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:18 pm
If it’s his personal Twitter account then why shouldn’t he be free to post his personal views, provided they don’t bring the club into disrepute?
I think Ozil tried that at Arsenal. I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere else, but in my opinion that’s why he hasn’t be playing. Very strange that Emery and now Arteta have frozen him out.

Local cricketer
Been Liked: 412 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Local cricketer » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:00 am

TVC15 wrote:
Covid
the floods,
Australian bush fires
extinction of the Dingo
Chernobyl
the mines closing
Take That splitting up
Take That reforming
Global warming
Etc
Etc8
Its also mikes fault that freddos are now 20p

Burnleyareback2

Post by Burnleyareback2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:45 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:18 pm
May I remind you of the Andre grey tweet that took the club into global headlines?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:52 am

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:45 am
May I remind you of the Andre grey tweet that took the club into global headlines?
Yes, Andre Gray’s homophobic tweets. What has that got to do with Darren Bentley tweeting about politics on his personal account?

Red Fox Rocks Socks
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 442 times

Post by Red Fox Rocks Socks » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:59 am

TVC15 wrote:
Covid
the floods,
Australian bush fires
extinction of the Dingo
Chernobyl
the mines closing
Take That splitting up
Take That reforming
Global warming
Etc
Etc
Chocolate bars being smaller IS unforgivable

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:19 am

Goobs wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:05 pm
I hope you hate your ex wife as much as you hate Mike Rigg.

Remember it takes two to tango.
I genuinely don't know where you or anyone could get the idea that I hate Rigg from. He could be the nicest bloke me or you could ever hope to meet.

My objections are aimed at the devastating impact he has had on all of his previous clubs and the fact that in his two years with us our recruitment and strategic decision making has got dramatically worse, not better.

We have the same group of people as before, with only one major difference ( which is in recruitment ), and our recruitment has taken a significant nose dive. Have the people responsible for all of our recent success suddenly forgotten how to do their jobs or is the newly hired difference maker having a negative affect ?

Highlighting the bad performance of somebody doesn't equate to hatred.

If we were to put the performance shoe on the other foot and contemplate a manager responsible for putting little to no points on the board for two seasons running I'm sure that there would be no allocations of " hatred " being accorded to any critical evaluations made about them.

Why should our Chairmen, our Manager and our players be held accountable to meeting acceptable performance levels and our Technical Director not be ?

I few blips before Christmas time last year and quite a lot of people were calling for the head of Sean Dyche, despite his long standing service and all of the good things that he has achieved while he has been with us.

Did anyone accuse those posters of hating Sean ?

I was one of the first to leap to his defence on these boards, but that doesn't mean I want to elope with Dyche and foster football babies with him on a secluded Caribbean island.
ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:48 pm
There is no logic in blaming Rigg
I'm not sure what your definition of logical is.

In recent weeks you have pointed out that nobody can object to the performance of Rigg in his role, because nobody knows what his role actually is.

That argument was made despite the historical presence of numerous articles, which were posted around the time of his hiring, that gave detailed accounts of what his role is.

His job title of Technical Director, and the areas of influence that he was responsible for at all of his previous clubs, should also be enough to establish what he is now responsible for now.

If we take your premise and accept it, the fact that somebody is in a top tier management position at our club and nobody knows what they are tasked with doing, should be a great cause for concern.

Your secondary argument, which has been used to lavish praise on Rigg, has been the signing of U23 players ( even though last year's intake amounted to little and most have already left us ). Never the less you claim that recruiting for the U23 is his primary role, which would refute your first argument by allocating him a defined role ( albeit one more befitting of the title U23 head scout ).

The only thing that defies any logic is your active desire to defend and praise the bloke, in light of his poor performance for every club that he has been associated with and the rapidly deteriorating level of performance by our own recruitment team in the last two years.

Or as Goobs might say, the reasoning for your earnest and heartfelt declarations of undying love.
agreenwood wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:41 pm

He’s not a magician.
I think that there was money available for us to spend in this window. Prior to Covid we might have had 20-30m to spend, providing we depleted the dry powder store to dangerous levels. After the virus hit I suspect our budget took a big knock, possibly falling to 10-20m.

At the end of the last window we were supposedly ready to throw 20m at a player ( possibly Kalvin Phillips ) so we had money then and Garlick was more than happy to green light spending. In the run up to the window that just ended Dyche was obviously under the impression we were going to spend to strengthen the squad - having failed to do so last Summer.

Had we been broke then our transfer strategy would have been very different. We would have kept hold of Lennon, giving him a one year extension. Made a better attempt to keep Hendrick by making our best offer before the final day of his contract with us and concentrated on loans during the window.

We would have also offered Bardsley a new contract, without the need for the Gaffer to step in and publicly question why his advice was being ignored and how he felt out of the loop, forcing a U-Turn. Had that re-think not happened we would have been in a far worse place during the tail end of last season and the start of this season.

We chose to do none of those things and we were actively targeting 10m+ players like Santamaria before we received any interest in Tarks.

Even after the window Dyche has told us that we are in a solid financial position, so the idea that we had nothing to spend and no moves to make without selling someone doesn't make any sense.

In relation to Mike Rigg and our recruitment department

If somebody performs poorly in their area of influence it should attract comments.

If somebody performs poorly over the space of two full years, after substantial investment, it should attract serious criticism.

If somebody responsible for a poorly performing department has previously brought two clubs to their knees, that only managed to regain their feet by way of huge cash injections from their wealthy owners, it should be cause for a serious review.

There is a dangerous difference between Happy Clappers and Suicidal Lemmings.

Long Time Lurker

Post by Long Time Lurker » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:21 am

Red Fox Rocks Socks wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:59 am
Chocolate bars being smaller IS unforgivable
Agreed, and no longer being able to buy Arctic Roll is up there - if it is true.

Repeating " etc " is also redundant and unforgivable.

TVC15
Been Liked: 3321 times
Has Liked: 601 times

Post by TVC15 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:38 am

Not as bad as repeating yourself incessantly on this board for the last couple of years

Look at that ridiculous last post - around 20 paragraphs of “up your own arse” nonsense based on his own assumption with absolutely no foundation that the club should still have between £10m and £20m to spend on players in the recent window.....and even if they did (which they very clearly didn’t) it’s Riggs fault that we didn’t spend it !!

Rumbletonk
Been Liked: 313 times
Has Liked: 285 times

Post by Rumbletonk » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:56 am

Long Time Lurker wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:19 am
I genuinely don't know where you or anyone could get the idea that I hate Rigg from. He could be the nicest bloke me or you could ever hope to meet.

My objections are aimed at the devastating impact he has had on all of his previous clubs and the fact that in his two years with us our recruitment and strategic decision making has got dramatically worse, not better.

We have the same group of people as before, with only one major difference ( which is in recruitment ), and our recruitment has taken a significant nose dive. Have the people responsible for all of our recent success suddenly forgotten how to do their jobs or is the newly hired difference maker having a negative affect ?

Highlighting the bad performance of somebody doesn't equate to hatred.

If we were to put the performance shoe on the other foot and contemplate a manager responsible for putting little to no points on the board for two seasons running I'm sure that there would be no allocations of " hatred " being accorded to any critical evaluations made about them.

Why should our Chairmen, our Manager and our players be held accountable to meeting acceptable performance levels and our Technical Director not be ?

I few blips before Christmas time last year and quite a lot of people were calling for the head of Sean Dyche, despite his long standing service and all of the good things that he has achieved while he has been with us.

Did anyone accuse those posters of hating Sean ?

I was one of the first to leap to his defence on these boards, but that doesn't mean I want to elope with Dyche and foster football babies with him on a secluded Caribbean island.

I'm not sure what your definition of logical is.

In recent weeks you have pointed out that nobody can object to the performance of Rigg in his role, because nobody knows what his role actually is.

That argument was made despite the historical presence of numerous articles, which were posted around the time of his hiring, that gave detailed accounts of what his role is.

His job title of Technical Director, and the areas of influence that he was responsible for at all of his previous clubs, should also be enough to establish what he is now responsible for now.

If we take your premise and accept it, the fact that somebody is in a top tier management position at our club and nobody knows what they are tasked with doing, should be a great cause for concern.

Your secondary argument, which has been used to lavish praise on Rigg, has been the signing of U23 players ( even though last year's intake amounted to little and most have already left us ). Never the less you claim that recruiting for the U23 is his primary role, which would refute your first argument by allocating him a defined role ( albeit one more befitting of the title U23 head scout ).

The only thing that defies any logic is your active desire to defend and praise the bloke, in light of his poor performance for every club that he has been associated with and the rapidly deteriorating level of performance by our own recruitment team in the last two years.

Or as Goobs might say, the reasoning for your earnest and heartfelt declarations of undying love.

I think that there was money available for us to spend in this window. Prior to Covid we might have had 20-30m to spend, providing we depleted the dry powder store to dangerous levels. After the virus hit I suspect our budget took a big knock, possibly falling to 10-20m.

At the end of the last window we were supposedly ready to throw 20m at a player ( possibly Kalvin Phillips ) so we had money then and Garlick was more than happy to green light spending. In the run up to the window that just ended Dyche was obviously under the impression we were going to spend to strengthen the squad - having failed to do so last Summer.

Had we been broke then our transfer strategy would have been very different. We would have kept hold of Lennon, giving him a one year extension. Made a better attempt to keep Hendrick by making our best offer before the final day of his contract with us and concentrated on loans during the window.

We would have also offered Bardsley a new contract, without the need for the Gaffer to step in and publicly question why his advice was being ignored and how he felt out of the loop, forcing a U-Turn. Had that re-think not happened we would have been in a far worse place during the tail end of last season and the start of this season.

We chose to do none of those things and we were actively targeting 10m+ players like Santamaria before we received any interest in Tarks.

Even after the window Dyche has told us that we are in a solid financial position, so the idea that we had nothing to spend and no moves to make without selling someone doesn't make any sense.

In relation to Mike Rigg and our recruitment department

If somebody performs poorly in their area of influence it should attract comments.

If somebody performs poorly over the space of two full years, after substantial investment, it should attract serious criticism.

If somebody responsible for a poorly performing department has previously brought two clubs to their knees, that only managed to regain their feet by way of huge cash injections from their wealthy owners, it should be cause for a serious review.

There is a dangerous difference between Happy Clappers and Suicidal Lemmings.
"I think that there was money available for us to spend in this window. Prior to Covid we might have had 20-30m to spend, providing we depleted the dry powder store to dangerous levels. After the virus hit I suspect our budget took a big knock, possibly falling to 10-20m".

You think! What a load of gash. You just like the sound of your own voice. He could be suggesting 200 players per week for all you know. I don't know whats happening internally but neither do you