The NEXT season ticket

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4831 times
Has Liked: 947 times

The NEXT season ticket

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:34 am

I’m one of the people who has already paid in-full for the current season. Did so on the proviso of being given priority in the ballot. I live just over the border in West Yorkshire. That’s an issue that has been discussed previously though...

So my thoughts now turn to 2021/2022

Having spoken with the GPs in my family about the vaccination program, they believe there is a good chance of returning to games next season, but in a phased return capacity (ballots) and not before the end of October at the very earliest at that.

I’m not taking this info to be gospel, but say it was...are the club going to start asking fans who didn’t pay for a season ticket, or indeed those who stopped their direct debits, to commit to a season ticket in the next month or so?

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Re: The NEXT season ticket

Post by DCWat » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:41 am

You’d expect so, we’re heading to the usual renewal time.

Based on previous debates on here around tickets paid for and not used / rebates etc. It will need to be managed and communicated well, in order to avoid something of a backlash, from certain sections.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1182 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:46 am

Interesting conundrum for the club and they certainly have my sympathy in trying to sort it out.

My circumstances are that BFC took the tickets off sale before I had chance to renew (sometime in the last two weeks of March). That said, I left my 'refund' for 19/20 with the club, hoping to use this toward my renewal for 20/21, which of course never came.

They've told me I can still use it against my 21/22 ST and assured me that my seat still has my name against it to renew, so here's hoping there are no cockups.
These 3 users liked this post: jdrobbo Whitgord Brucefanclaret

Leisure
Been Liked: 3786 times
Has Liked: 12473 times

Post by Leisure » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:46 am

DCWat wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:41 am
You’d expect so, we’re heading to the usual renewal time.

Based on previous debates on here around tickets paid for and not used / rebates etc. It will need to be managed and communicated well, in order to avoid something of a backlash, from certain sections.
Correct and the club are still to announce if the usual Direct Debit option will be available or if not, then some kind of similar instalment plan or neither of those and just have pay up front. Also, they still have to say if ST prices will increase for those fans who either didn't pay up front or discontinued their DD payments and withdrew their money, as these people were not guaranteed that their price wouldn't increase.
Last edited by Leisure on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: DCWat

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:48 am

Interesting. Summer concerts are a good gauge I think. Many of which have been cancelled or are being cancelled, already?

What about people who have paid for this season. They won’t ask me to pay ahead will they, so that I’m still £460ish in credit?

Think the club will have to go steady with this one, especially after the miscommunication around the ballot.

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:49 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:46 am
Interesting conundrum for the club and they certainly have my sympathy in trying to sort it out.

My circumstances are that BFC took the tickets off sale before I had chance to renew (sometime in the last two weeks of March). That said, I left my 'refund' for 19/20 with the club, hoping to use this toward my renewal for 20/21, which of course never came.

They've told me I can still use it against my 21/22 ST and assured me that my seat still has my name against it to renew, so here's hoping there are no cockups.

Agree.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4139 times
Has Liked: 3603 times

Post by DCWat » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:51 am

jdrobbo wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:48 am
Interesting. Summer concerts are a good gauge I think. Many of which have been cancelled or are being cancelled, already?

What about people who have paid for this season. They won’t ask me to pay ahead will they, so that I’m still £460ish in credit?

Think the club will have to go steady with this one, especially after the miscommunication around the ballot.
Surely they’ll simply use that for the upcoming season and renewals for the following season will be where we start to pay again.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:53 am

jdrobbo wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:48 am

Anyone who either paid up front or continued with their DD payments, won't be asked to pay anything for next season.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1182 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:55 am

Makes sense.

Whether that makes any difference is anyones guess.

clarethomer
Been Liked: 944 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:02 am

jdrobbo wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:34 am
are the club going to start asking fans who didn’t pay for a season ticket, or indeed those who stopped their direct debits, to commit to a season ticket in the next month or so?
I think those who have paid, will just have to do something to 'transfer' this seasons money to next season to 'buy' their ST.

Those who stopped paying, I will imagine they will hold off a bit longer - I recall there was a promise to retain their Seats so I could imagine that would be the next group to sort out before new tickets. It wouldn't surprise me if this was delayed a bit longer until more clarity can be provided on what the new season looks like from an attendance perspective. I do worry though that people won't have a monthly payment option if they don't ask for this money to start coming out from April so you may see something offered but it's positioned if you start payments, we won't allow you to stop type offer and if you fail to complete then it's at your risk.

The bit that worries me a little is what they will do over winter if they do allow fans back as they are still some people talking about future lockdowns over winter and the reason for saying this is just to highlight the complexity of the situation the club will have to deal with. I bet having to take money and refund it is a nightmare logistically and for their planning.

It, therefore, wouldn't surprise me to see some additional things being introduced across football to try and reduce this happening.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1922 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:25 am

Heard something about Covid transmissions occur more in communities than they do travel. There’s talk about some kind of Vaccine Passport so surely a similar approach would be used for football/sport/concerts etc.

I’d find that morally wrong mind. But I’m not sure what the club can do currently until the government forms a plan.

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1100 times

Post by bfcmik » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:22 pm

I think we will see full stadia for next season based on the vaccination programme. 75% coverage is enough to reduce Covid to the same level as flu and the roll-out is proceeding well enough to easily achieve the " all adults will have been offered their 1st dose by the 1st September" target.

One of the promises made by BFC to those who left their money with the club or continued their dd was that they would get their 21/22 season ticket for that payment. The right to be entered into any seat balloting this season was with the proviso that any ticket won in the ballot would have to be paid at that time rather than be taken from your held funds.

dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Post by dsr » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:46 am

Same position for me, except that I have an additional complication that my mother (who has also left her refund with the club) won't be renewing so she'll want her money back. I think I might have to go to the ticket office in person to sort that one out.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:52 pm

dsr wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:33 pm
Same position for me, except that I have an additional complication that my mother (who has also left her refund with the club) won't be renewing so she'll want her money back. I think I might have to go to the ticket office in person to sort that one out.
Is the money you refer to, the refund from the 4 games that we missed at the end of last season or the money paid for this season?

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:10 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:52 pm
Is the money you refer to, the refund from the 4 games that we missed at the end of last season or the money paid for this season?
The games we missed last season. We always paid cash up front but Mum hadn't decided whether to have one for 2020-21 so we haven't paid anything for this season.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:18 pm

I think that you'll find that if you didn't claim that refund by.a certain date the cash amount which had been put on your season card was then transferred into points on your season card, to either be spent in the club shop or towards future tickets. Not sure that a refund is now an option but obviously the Ticket Office will be able to clarify this.

jdrobbo

Post by jdrobbo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:19 am

Interesting thoughts; thanks.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:15 am

Leisure wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:18 pm
I think that you'll find that if you didn't claim that refund by.a certain date the cash amount which had been put on your season card was then transferred into points on your season card, to either be spent in the club shop or towards future tickets. Not sure that a refund is now an option but obviously the Ticket Office will be able to clarify this.
Taken from the club website -

The cash value of those four games which were to be played behind closed doors was automatically refunded back onto seasoncards in the form of points, allowing supporters the greatest range of options of what they wished to do with their refund value from then on:

Keep the value of points on your seasoncard and redeem them against future Clarets Store or ticket purchases Donate to Youth Development Request the points value be transferred into a cash value and paid back onto supporters bank card.

The club deadline of 30th June 2020 to choose what you would like to do with your refunded points total has now passed.

If you did not request a bank transfer please remember that the value of the four games you missed will be held on your seasoncards as points. These will not expire until 2021 and will be available to use towards purchases in the Clarets Store or towards a future season ticket*. If you request a card refund payment, these points will be taken off your seasoncard and will no longer be available.

Please note, teamcard points can only be redeemed towards the cost of an up front payment for season tickets. This option unfortunately is not available on direct debit. End.

NOTE:
I contacted the club last week to ask for clarification as to what the actual expiry date is in 2021 and am awaiting a reply.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 1401 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:20 am

I have a general question regarding direct debits. I am under the impression that a full season of direct debits runs March - March. Is this correct?

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4181 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:20 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:20 am
I have a general question regarding direct debits. I am under the impression that a full season of direct debits runs March - March. Is this correct?
1st payment each season is April
This user liked this post: gandhisflipflop

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:32 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:20 am
1st payment each season is April
Correct and ends in March.

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:11 am

Leisure wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:15 am
Taken from the club website -

The cash value of those four games which were to be played behind closed doors was automatically refunded back onto seasoncards in the form of points, allowing supporters the greatest range of options of what they wished to do with their refund value from then on:

Keep the value of points on your seasoncard and redeem them against future Clarets Store or ticket purchases Donate to Youth Development Request the points value be transferred into a cash value and paid back onto supporters bank card.

The club deadline of 30th June 2020 to choose what you would like to do with your refunded points total has now passed.

If you did not request a bank transfer please remember that the value of the four games you missed will be held on your seasoncards as points. These will not expire until 2021 and will be available to use towards purchases in the Clarets Store or towards a future season ticket*. If you request a card refund payment, these points will be taken off your seasoncard and will no longer be available.

Please note, teamcard points can only be redeemed towards the cost of an up front payment for season tickets. This option unfortunately is not available on direct debit. End.

NOTE:
I contacted the club last week to ask for clarification as to what the actual expiry date is in 2021 and am awaiting a reply.
Thanks. I'm not unduly worried. I'm sure the club will eventually realise that the circumstances have changed since June 2020, even if the website takes time to catch up!

Fez
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 131 times

Post by Fez » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:11 am

I cancelled mine in November, got my refund for those months previously but now I've just realised that they have taken out the monthly DD for December jan and another today for feb. If I log in online it comes up with nothing to claim back or anything. Ticket office won't pick up the phone via the 01282 446800. Does anyone have another number or any suggestions?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:20 am

Fez wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:11 am
I cancelled mine in November, got my refund for those months previously but now I've just realised that they have taken out the monthly DD for December jan and another today for feb. If I log in online it comes up with nothing to claim back or anything. Ticket office won't pick up the phone via the 01282 446800. Does anyone have another number or any suggestions?

Try the TO again, as there is staff there but did you cancel the DD with your bank?

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2216 times
Has Liked: 2204 times

Post by fidelcastro » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:22 am

What happens after March? Does the direct debit continue until you cancel it?

Fez

Post by Fez » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 am

Leisure wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:20 am

Try the TO again, as there is staff there but did you cancel the DD with your bank?
No, cancelled with burnley TO I'm nipping in to the bank later to cancel it so it doesn't go out next month, my own fault not realising it was still going out, but I'm not sure why it still is. The numbers just been ringing now for 22 minutes.

Fez

Post by Fez » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 am

If you press option 3, it tells you to hang up and ring again and press option 2. Option 2 is just ringing and ringing

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:25 am

Fez wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 am
No, cancelled with burnley TO I'm nipping in to the bank later to cancel it so it doesn't go out next month, my own fault not realising it was still going out, but I'm not sure why it still is. The numbers just been ringing now for 22 minutes.
If you didn't cancel it yourself at your bank, then that's why it's still going out. The number that you're ringing is actually the General Enquiries, once they pick up they will be able to put you through to the TO.
Last edited by Leisure on Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user liked this post: Fez

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 am

Fez wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 am
If you press option 3, it tells you to hang up and ring again and press option 2. Option 2 is just ringing and ringing
Not saying this will work, but I always try when offered these options by any company I select one for making a purchase or payment. Seem to get more response when the other end thinks you are spending
This user liked this post: Fez

Fez

Post by Fez » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:34 am

I did the direct debit stop request form in November to cancel all future ones. Thats what it says to do on the website to stop any future payments. I'll just keep trying the number, up to 33 minutes just ringing now. Pandemic or not for a general enquiries number thats pretty embarrassing. Cheers everyone for the help

Fez

Post by Fez » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 am

Only been ringing an hour now haha. I emailed nick Taylor, who has replied instantly and forwarded on to the relevant people so I'm hopefully getting somewhere now

Sean Dyche's Watch
Been Liked: 233 times

Post by Sean Dyche's Watch » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:11 pm

[quote=Fez post_id=1511984 time=1614251018 user_id=1571]
Only been ringing an hour now haha. I emailed nick Taylor, who has replied instantly and forwarded on to the relevant people so I'm hopefully getting somewhere now
[/quote]

I don't know what Nick Taylor's role is at the club, but I'm interested to know if he offered any apology or explanation for no-one answering the telephone?

From what I've picked up from various posts on this messageboard, this seems to be a recurring issue that's not being addressed.

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1141 times
Has Liked: 1615 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:08 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:22 am
Does anybody know the answer to this ?

beddie
Been Liked: 1406 times
Has Liked: 518 times

Post by beddie » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:30 pm

CTID. If this helps, I got this reply in January from the ticket office.

I am writing to say that your season ticket does not automatically renew next season. The amount paid towards the 20/21 season ticket will be credited onto your account, which would need to be used to renew your season ticket. All payments will stop after 25th March. We are not able to automatically reinstate the direct debit, this would mean that each season ticket will need to be renewed by direct debit during the 22/23 renewal period.

Claret Till I Die

Post by Claret Till I Die » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:35 pm

Thank you Beddie, looks pretty final.

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2378 times
Has Liked: 3801 times

Post by JohnMac » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:39 pm

"What money you have paid Guv'nor? We've just taken over and nobody mention that"! :lol:

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32369 times
Has Liked: 5268 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:45 pm

fidelcastro wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:22 am
For whatever reason the club don't seem to want to tell us - the lack of communication from the club, compared to other clubs, is downright shocking to be honest.

Your direct debit won't continue beyond next month so by this date next month you will have a full season ticket worth of money on account. If and when they announce details for next season, you will be able to use that money to purchase your 2021/22 season ticket which has already been confirmed, for those who continued paying, will be at the same price. How you go about making the purchase, I don't know.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:48 pm

I've just looked at my account having paid month 11 today so I should have £240.17 (11 months for a £262 season ticket). It's showing just £152.85.

It does say if you do nothing then your season ticket will automatically be rolled over for 2021/22.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:56 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:45 pm
For whatever reason the club don't seem to want to tell us - the lack of communication from the club, compared to other clubs, is downright shocking to be honest.

Your direct debit won't continue beyond next month so by this date next month you will have a full season ticket worth of money on account. If and when they announce details for next season, you will be able to use that money to purchase your 2021/22 season ticket which has already been confirmed, for those who continued paying, will be at the same price. How you go about making the purchase, I don't know.

Is it normally around now that the renewal process begins with early bird prices released ? You would think the new business minded owners would be getting the information out

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:59 pm

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:56 pm
Is it normally around now that the renewal process begins with early bird prices released ? You would think the new business minded owners would be getting the information out
Don't think it is really possible get information out now given the situation

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:00 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:59 pm
Don't think it is really possible get information out now given the situation
They could release details on the main website

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:01 pm

Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:00 pm
They could release details on the main website
I can't see any benefit in announcing 2021/22 season ticket details at the moment. Those who have continued to pay are all sorted but we don't know how and when we'll be able to go back yet.

The ticketing site has confirmed though there will be no direct debits, for those who haven't continued paying it reads: "You will be required to pay the full amount for a 2021/2022 season ticket when we go back on sale."

Claret Till I Die

Post by Claret Till I Die » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:17 pm

Not too sure if they can get anything on the website. Just checked and we're down to play Brighton in out next game...
Screenshot_20210225-141458_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210225-141458_Chrome.jpg (911.96 KiB) Viewed 2873 times

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:25 am
If you didn't cancel it yourself at your bank, then that's why it's still going out. The number that you're ringing is actually the General Enquiries, once they pick up they will be able to put you through to the TO.
I've just had a look at the information on the club website regarding cancelling DD payments and I can't see anything that says that in addition to informing the club that you want to cancel, that you have to also contact your bank.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:33 pm

Does anyone know how/if you can reserve a season ticket seat? My son and I sit next to each other and i want to reserve the seat next to us for my grandson when the current holder decides to give it up, obviously a lot of things since we were last able to attend might have changed for the current owner, and at the moment if he has decided to let it go I have no way of finding out.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:34 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:01 pm
I can't see any benefit in announcing 2021/22 season ticket details at the moment. Those who have continued to pay are all sorted but we don't know how and when we'll be able to go back yet.

The ticketing site has confirmed though there will be no direct debits, for those who haven't continued paying it reads: "You will be required to pay the full amount for a 2021/2022 season ticket when we go back on sale."
The Situation regarding the availability of a DD option or something similar (installments payments?) still hasn't been decided by the club. The phrase "You will be required to pay the full amount for a 2021/22 season ticket when they go back on sale", is confusing but is directed at those fans who withdrew the money which they had paid and, therefore, don't have any cash on their club account. Hence they will have to pay for the full price of a ST (whether that's by payment upfront, DD or installment option).

smudge
Been Liked: 51 times
Has Liked: 140 times

Post by smudge » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:34 pm

Can't remember what 4 match refund was for or which season please help

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1864 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:37 pm

smudge wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:34 pm
Can't remember what 4 match refund was for or which season please help
It was the last four home games of the 2019/20 season that were played “behind closed doors”

It worked out as (cost of season ticket / 19) x 4

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:40 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:33 pm
Does anyone know how/if you can reserve a season ticket seat? My son and I sit next to each other and i want to reserve the seat next to us for my grandson when the current holder decides to give it up, obviously a lot of things since we were last able to attend might have changed for the current owner, and at the moment if he has decided to let it go I have no way of finding out.
Any seat that was a season ticket holder seat in the 2019/20 season will be on reserve for the holder until June this year I think they said.
This user liked this post: Leisure

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3181 times
Has Liked: 1864 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:47 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:48 pm
I've just looked at my account having paid month 11 today so I should have £240.17 (11 months for a £262 season ticket). It's showing just £152.85.

It does say if you do nothing then your season ticket will automatically be rolled over for 2021/22.
Mine is also only showing 7mths of credit