Fans to return

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Dyched
Been Liked: 1921 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Re: Fans to return

Post by Dyched » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:13 pm

summitclaret wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:27 pm
Where did I say it would be to blame for any relegation?

Do you remember the atmosphere on the Turf for the last game of the 09/10 season? We were already down, but it was one of the best we have ever had.
You asked if I’d be happy if we went down?

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by leelad » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:12 pm

I have been on this message board before and said to take things 'one game at a time'. Well on this subject, the best approach to take is 'one day at a time'. A lot can happen between now and June. I would prefer it if we started with allowing people into football grounds at the start of next season. Let's use occasions like the FA Cup Final and Playoff finals as test events to see how things go with allowing supporters into football stadia. I'm hoping that the first couple of fixtures of next season are kind to Burnley and we get a couple of big teams coming to the turf so that we can make the place as noisy as possible.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 pm

leelad wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:12 pm
I have been on this message board before and said to take things 'one game at a time'. Well on this subject, the best approach to take is 'one day at a time'. A lot can happen between now and June. I would prefer it if we started with allowing people into football grounds at the start of next season. Let's use occasions like the FA Cup Final and Playoff finals as test events to see how things go with allowing supporters into football stadia. I'm hoping that the first couple of fixtures of next season are kind to Burnley and we get a couple of big teams coming to the turf so that we can make the place as noisy as possible.
Caution is always sensible. But the reality is that 99% of people most susceptible will largely be vaccinated in the coming weeks.

There’s so many benefits to that.

Obviously the main risk then becomes mutations. But as the pool to infect gets smaller the risk of that also diminishes.
This user liked this post: bfcmik

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 106 times

Post by leelad » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:48 am

Good points, cricketfieldclarets.

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:05 am

If they do allow fans in for the last game if the season then to be fair they need to allow 50% home and 50% away fans. I would think it would be more sensible to just wait until next season.

Let’s be positive though that we can now see a return to something we’ve missed for so long.

MACCA
Been Liked: 4360 times

Post by MACCA » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:12 am

It's been a bit of a blessing this season missing the home games.

Next seasons ticket now feels free, so even if we serve up similar dross it wont feel like we have paid.
Also the long awaited return might actually make it seem quite enjoyable for a while should it be similar to this sessons home form.

Might work in our favour

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1161 times

Post by Falcon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 am

Dyched wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:54 pm
Let’s also not forget Sheffield United would have more than likely been relegated 5 or 6 games before we play. I wouldn’t be expecting a carnival like atmosphere.

I reckon it will be a carnival atmosphere at every ground for that first game back. After so long away it will be amazing just to be there, no matter how the team is faring.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:18 am

Falcon wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 am
I reckon it will be a carnival atmosphere at every ground for that first game back. After so long away it will be amazing just to be there, no matter how the team is faring.
Maybe that’s a good enough reason to do away with the idea of a staged return to grounds and let them open when all fans can return
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat Falcon

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:40 am

Falcon wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 am
They'll be plenty of room at turf moor after so many have said they don't want to watch us anymore
These 3 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Falcon evensteadiereddie

Mala591
Been Liked: 681 times
Has Liked: 428 times

Post by Mala591 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 am

I’m in favour of a ‘Covid vaccination pass’ which enables those who have been vaccinated to return to watch live football, go to the pub etc etc

Ok, those who haven’t been vaccinated will have to wait another three or four more months to get back to relative normality but why should those who have been vaccinated have to wait as well?

It is scientifically irrational.
This user liked this post: Falcon

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:02 am

TheOriginalLongsider wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:05 am
If they do allow fans in for the last game if the season then to be fair they need to allow 50% home and 50% away fans. I would think it would be more sensible to just wait until next season.

Let’s be positive though that we can now see a return to something we’ve missed for so long.
It wont even make much of a difference though. Like I posted earlier.

Last four away fixtures in front of fans:

Man Utd - 73k Won.
Southampton - 26k Won
Newcastle - 52k Drew
Arsenal (return of fans, 4k) Won

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:05 am

Mala591 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 am
I’m in favour of a ‘Covid vaccination pass’ which enables those who have been vaccinated to return to watch live football, go to the pub etc etc

Ok, those who haven’t been vaccinated will have to wait another three or four more months to get back to relative normality but why should those who have been vaccinated have to wait as well?

Thats like arguing why are those of us in the low risk category sacrificing so much for those who have the audacity to be old or unwell.

As above, in the next few weeks almost all of the 99+% most vulnerable will be fully protected. Meaning even if it is spreading like wildfire in Summer and Autumn, the relative risk is significantly lower.

I think part of the thinking is once the most vulnerable are protected they will resume the herd immunity strategy in lower risk groups knowing said groups are going to be harder to convince to vaccinate anyway. They wont admit that. But that will definitely be part of the logic for this commitment to reopen in summer.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2064 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:07 am

Grumps wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:40 am
They'll be plenty of room at turf moor after so many have said they don't want to watch us anymore
There will be plenty of people not renewing or coming back unfortunately. Not just the ones on here you want to have a dig at.

People not in the financial position to come back, people who have passed away, people who got out of the habit, people who have got bored of football on the telly and realised what a sterile product it is.

Most people are missing the day out with friends and family rather than the football but a big new signing could reignite a few people's passion for the game.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:09 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:07 am
There will be plenty of people not renewing or coming back unfortunately. Not just the ones on here you want to have a dig at.

People not in the financial position to come back, people who have passed away, people who got out of the habit, people who have got bored of football on the telly and realised what a sterile product it is.

Most people are missing the day out with friends and family rather than the football but a big new signing could reignite a few people's passion for the game.
You will be surprised.

There will be loads of people desperate to get on.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 am

Big decisions by the new owners to make regarding future pricing.
The return to normality is not going to be like turning a switch on and off , the idea of crowds being the size we had before is not going to be realised for some time

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2064 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:15 am

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:09 am
You will be surprised.

Of course there will be. But we will have to attract a hell of a lot of new fans to keep gates as they were.

I'm sure I remember the ticket office spokesperson saying we had to find 3k new fans every year to replace the old ones and that was when we had gates of 10/12k.

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:31 am

Mala591 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:53 am

Absolutely nonsense.

So millions of young people and by young I mean under 30s possibly 40s have had their lives put on hold for a virus that wouldn’t effect them but to protect the elderly and vulnerable. (I have no issue with that btw)

But you’re okay with them carry on the restrictions for no reason because all those elderly and vulnerable would be vaccinated. So all those we helped protect can do what they want whilst I have to still live under restrictions.

Absolute nonsense.
This user liked this post: Stalbansclaret

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:36 am

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 pm
Caution is always sensible. But the reality is that 99% of people most susceptible will largely be vaccinated in the coming weeks.

There’s so many benefits to that.

Obviously the main risk then becomes mutations. But as the pool to infect gets smaller the risk of that also diminishes.
generally I agree with what you've stated, but I would err on the side of caution in regards to "pool to infect". Being vaccinated does not mean that you wont get the virus, but it it is likely to reduce the effects of it for you. Once everyone is vaccinated, the virus will still likely be as easy to spread as before, it just means that those who get it will not necessarily keel over and die. That said, I have seen studies where the Pfizer vaccine has significantly reduced the chance of contracting the virus, but it is too early to assume that this is the case.

I've had mine weeks ago, and I am still being urged to shield.

Anyway, before the thread gets pulled, I really do think it will be fantastic to get back into the CFS - I'll buy you a pint if you like and we can have a good laugh mate, then cheer on the team.
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:40 am

Let’s not get too emotive about this. We all have to eventually re integrate together and that includes with those who we either think did or did not help in managing this virus. It’s very early doors yet in this process and much has still to be done in this country to fight it.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:47 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:07 am

Having a dig? People have said they won't be going, something you agree with, it's a fact, not a dig.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:50 am

You will be surprised.

Equally there will be loads that aren't.

As stated, people get out of the habit, filled that time with things they're enjoying and if they live a distance away, less costly.
It may be a while before some people return, if at all.

Falcon
Been Liked: 892 times
Has Liked: 1161 times

Post by Falcon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:56 pm

This whole argument is purely hypothetical.

I reckon first game of new season will be a full house, but proof will be in the pudding.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2097 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:29 pm

A few of my mates who don't go regularly any more are talking about wanting to get back on. How long they last remains to be seen. If next season turns into another grim battle for survival I expect the novelty will wear off pretty quickly.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:54 pm

Without wishing to sound like a super fan, I will be going back on the Turf no matter when we’re finally given the green light and no matter which league we find ourselves in.

It’s of the biggest aspects of my life and I’ve missed everything about it. I didn’t realise just how important it is to me before this horrific situation prevented us from doing it.
These 4 users liked this post: k90bfc NewClaret Falcon cricketfieldclarets

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1938 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:57 pm

Same for me, I can’t wait to get back on.

I’m sure there will be some who will be hesitant at first, hopefully things will continue to improve and they’ll feel more confident eventually.

To be honest I’ve not spoken to anyone who’s of the thought that it’s made them realise they don’t care anymore.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:01 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:54 pm
Without wishing to sound like a super fan, I will be going back on the Turf no matter when we’re finally given the green light and no matter which league we find ourselves in.

It’s of the biggest aspects of my life and I’ve missed everything about it. I didn’t realise just how important it is to me before this horrific situation prevented us from doing it.
You sound like a normal fan to me and I love your sentiment that you will support the club whatever happens in the future.
Yes life changing times , I bet even the old man who sits in the corner of the pub continually grumbling about everything is being missed by someone .
Just been talking on the phone about match day experiences , who wouldn’t miss the 101 things that go with the experience . Friends shouting over to people they haven’t met in a long time, scarfed up kids proudly holding their mum and dads hands, the smell of the burger van..... its hard to stop thinking about it when it comes into your mind. Like now. UTC forever
Things will return to normal but it will take time.
These 2 users liked this post: ksrclaret k90bfc

gawthorpe_view
Been Liked: 1356 times
Has Liked: 2916 times

Post by gawthorpe_view » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Premier League debating the 'fairness' of allowing home fans in for the last game of the season.
Not guaranteed yet even if the numbers stack up.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1868 times
Has Liked: 835 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:16 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:50 am
Equally there will be loads that aren't.

As stated, people get out of the habit, filled that time with things they're enjoying and if they live a distance away, less costly.
It may be a while before some people return, if at all.
I get the ‘out of habit’ argument but it’s not like there’s been much else to replace this with! Personally cannot wait to get back on the turf obviously for the football but also the social side of meeting up with friends and family.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:17 pm

gawthorpe_view wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:05 pm
Premier League debating the 'fairness' of allowing home fans in for the last game of the season.
Not guaranteed yet even if the numbers stack up.
Just leave it till next season, no point for one game.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:38 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:16 pm
I get the ‘out of habit’ argument but it’s not like there’s been much else to replace this with! Personally cannot wait to get back on the turf obviously for the football but also the social side of meeting up with friends and family.
Young kids are going to be 16-18 mths older for example, those kids may not be into football.

Also getting out of the habit of traveling for a lot of people will make a difference.

There may be some people who've unfortunately lost loved ones during this pandemic and their priorities have shifted.

For some it may be they've got something new to occupy their time, hobbies etc.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:59 pm

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:16 pm
I've never got out of the habit.. And probably never will, and I do agree with the social side of it. There are six of us go who see each other away from football, but we meet up with about 10 others who we only see at the football, so I haven't seen them for a year, none of them live close to us, so roll on next season

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:06 pm

I don’t get the other “priority” stuff.

What possibly could they have done over the past 12 months that is only available to do when there’s a Burnley game on?

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:13 pm

I think short term there'll be a rise in attendances, both home and away before the novelty wears off again and it goes back to broadly how it was before covid. The diehards will still be diehards and the people who are generally happy to watch on TV and attend the odd game will still be happy doing that.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Dyched wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:06 pm
I don’t get the other “priority” stuff.

What possibly could they have done over the past 12 months that is only available to do when there’s a Burnley game on?
My daughter is 5, nearly 6 and isn't going to be attending football games for a while yet.
My weekends off work are spent with her, just for an example of a priority.

Like I said, we don't know what else has gone on in peoples lives during this pandemic.
Some people have lost jobs, changed jobs etc.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5201 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:35 pm

gawthorpe_view wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:05 pm
ON THE PITCH!!!!!!

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:40 pm

The Premier League clubs are to vote on whether they will allow fans into the last game of the season - from the Guardian

Premier League to vote on allowing fans back for final game of the season
Restrictions due to end in time for 23 May
Move would require approval from 14 of 20 clubs

Sean Ingle - Tue 23 Feb 2021 19.29 GMT

Premier League clubs are to vote on whether to allow fans back for the final day of the season with concerns that home teams could have an significant advantage in the battle for European places and the relegation fight.

Boris Johnson announced the government’s post-lockdown plans on Monday and up to 10,000 spectators could be let into grounds on 23 May, when Fulham are due to play Newcastle at Craven Cottage in what is potentially a relegation decider, and Brighton – currently fifth from bottom – travel to Arsenal. Spurs visit eighth-placed Aston Villa for a match that could be key to Europa League qualification.

Premier League sources said they were consulting with clubs, and confirmed that a vote to allow fans would need the approval of 14 of the 20 clubs at a shareholders meeting.

One potential solution is for pilot matches to be staged from mid-April as part of the government’s test events programme. Such a move could allow between 2,000 and 4,000 fans back inside grounds, although Premier League and government sources stressed much would depend on how smoothly the earlier phases of the lockdown easing measures went.

There is also expected to be an application from the EFL for the Carabao Cup final on 25 April at Wembley to have fans as a pilot event. However, one senior source expressed scepticism, given the number of Manchester City fans that could travel to see them play Spurs.

Meanwhile, the chief executive of Lancashire County Cricket Club, Daniel Gidney, has urged the government to allow the return of spectators for the County Championship. “Cricket is a perfect audience because a lot of them will have been vaccinated,” he said, adding that it was important pilots or trails were not restricted to football.

“I want to be able to get members back watching county championship in April – not in huge numbers but we need to get those pilots away,” he said. “Let’s give the government the data so we don’t rush in blind on 17 May. If you have 500 people going into a store – or 500 in a massive beer garden – how is that different to 500 watching in a cricket ground?”

From 17 May venues will be allowed to have up to 10,000 or 25% of capacity, whichever is smaller, and restrictions will be eased further after 21 June.

While the prospect of a 90,000 capacity crowd inside Wembley for the Euro 2020 final on 12 July remains unlikely – especially given most fans will be using public transport – the hope is that a series of pilots will be able to show attending sport events is safe, especially once all adults have had their Covid vaccinations.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:03 am

You will be surprised.

I agree entirely.

On any one Matchday there will be ST holders and then a % of fans that don’t attend every game. I think what you’ll find is that they’ll all be keen to get back and that will create an increase in demand.

I think we’ll all have lost 18 months of good days out, memories, time with friends and family, and of course the excitement of the atmosphere and football. I for one cannot wait and will also be aiming to go to a lot more away games once allowed.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:18 am

Dyched wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:31 am
Absolutely nonsense.

So millions of young people and by young I mean under 30s possibly 40s have had their lives put on hold for a virus that wouldn’t effect them but to protect the elderly and vulnerable. (I have no issue with that btw)

But you’re okay with them carry on the restrictions for no reason because all those elderly and vulnerable would be vaccinated. So all those we helped protect can do what they want whilst I have to still live under restrictions.

Absolute nonsense.
Completely agree.

The basic issue here is that the most vulnerable to Covid in society are in the age category that are retired (shielders aside). So many have given up so much to protect these parts of society it would be criminal to then allow more freedoms those that have (rightly) been prioritised for vaccination first.

I don’t really like the idea of vaccine passports full stop, but accept they’re likely to be needed in certain scenarios- maybe international travel and mass gatherings like football matches - in which case you can’t introduce them until all members of society have been offered the vaccine.

There will be many

Dyched

Post by Dyched » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:48 am

NewClaret wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:18 am
Completely agree.

The basic issue here is that the most vulnerable to Covid in society are in the age category that are retired (shielders aside). So many have given up so much to protect these parts of society it would be criminal to then allow more freedoms those that have (rightly) been prioritised for vaccination first.

I don’t really like the idea of vaccine passports full stop, but accept they’re likely to be needed in certain scenarios- maybe international travel and mass gatherings like football matches - in which case you can’t introduce them until all members of society have been offered the vaccine.

There will be many
I’ve no issue with Vaccine passports from another countries point of view. Say Italy for example. If they want to run with Covid passports that’s fine by me. That will happen with the figures for the UK. Many countries will be far stricter for UK citizens than say New Zealand for example.

I am however very against any Vaccine passport/ticket introduce by our own government when society opens back up.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:53 am

NewClaret wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:18 am
Completely agree.

There will be many
By next season every adult will have been offered the jab.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:01 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:53 am
By next season every adult will have been offered the jab.
Correct, but I was responding to this comment:

"Ok, those who haven’t been vaccinated will have to wait another three or four more months to get back to relative normality but why should those who have been vaccinated have to wait as well?"

So my context was in the context that we can't bring them in until everyone has been offered.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:57 pm

Even positive news ends up negative on here.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:29 pm

Just seen that the penultimate games could be pushed back from the weekend to midweek to allow all teams to have some fans back before the end of the season

Know some of initial comments were that it was “unfair” that only half the teams would have had fans, but I still don’t think it’s worth it just for a single game

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:32 pm

I agree it's not worth messing around with ballots for just the one game, along with the safety/social distancing measures clubs will have to take.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:41 pm

Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:57 pm
For once I don’t think it’s the usual posters practising their negativity ( well to be good at it you have to practice)
While many have kept their enthusiasm like you, many more have reached the stage that they can’t get excited about it so close to the end of the league season

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:41 pm
For once I don’t think it’s the usual posters practising their negativity ( well to be good at it you have to practice)
While many have kept their enthusiasm like you, many more have reached the stage that they can’t get excited about it so close to the end of the league season
As soon as there shut the turnstiles some people’s enthusiasm was shot at whatever the stage of the season, for some people it’s more than just a game of football it’s also the opportunity to socialise with family & friends you wouldn’t normally see.

Jimmymaccer
Been Liked: 594 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by Jimmymaccer » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:08 pm

I want to be able to see my son as soon as poss..........can’t wait.

Then match day with him.............I think they should sod this season for fans now and gear up to next season.......one back all back!!!

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2272 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:15 pm

Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:57 pm
Find a fiver and moan it’s not £10

bfcmik
Been Liked: 891 times
Has Liked: 1099 times

Post by bfcmik » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:18 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:29 pm
Just seen that the penultimate games could be pushed back from the weekend to midweek to allow all teams to have some fans back before the end of the season

Know some of initial comments were that it was “unfair” that only half the teams would have had fans, but I still don’t think it’s worth it just for a single game
The Premier League are negotiating with the government to offer a 4k trial attendance to all PL games in April - and, presumably, until the next phase starts in mid-May