Anthony Fairclough has moved on...

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Re: Anthony Fairclough has moved on...

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:00 pm

djemba-djemba wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:16 pm
Oh God, anyone but him. He’s horrendous.
To some maybe. As I say not my cup of tea. But he does a better job of getting our name out there than pretty much anyone else.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:04 pm

djemba-djemba wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:16 pm
Oh God, anyone but him. He’s horrendous.
Better him than Jeff bloody Brown

Oshkoshclaret
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by Oshkoshclaret » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:27 pm

If Anthony Fairclough was responsible for hiring Jeff Brown, that tells me all I need to know about this situation.

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:51 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:00 pm
To some maybe. As I say not my cup of tea. But he does a better job of getting our name out there than pretty much anyone else.
What was that away game he went to when he started crying outside the ground when the stewards wouldn’t let him in for being ****** out his head? He then plastered it all over his Twitter feed afterwards?

Edit - it was Everton away and it was the police he was abusing, not the stewards. Apparently they grabbed him by the throat and threw him out for no reason.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 1072 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:21 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:57 pm
In your opinion maybe, but he does something right to get the views and followers that he does compared to Burnley.
I still don't see the relevance, first it was Land Rover to BFC now it's a FIFA youtuber to BFC.
VIzzeh has more subscribers than BFC not because of BFC, it's because he puts FIFA videos up and the market for FIFA videos is huge compared with the market of Burnley fans.

Vizzeh and BFC are in two different markets, with two very different potentials for growth.

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 430 times
Has Liked: 4571 times

Post by MT03ALG » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:30 pm

Never heard of Vizeh........

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:37 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:21 pm
I still don't see the relevance, first it was Land Rover to BFC now it's a FIFA youtuber to BFC.
VIzzeh has more subscribers than BFC not because of BFC, it's because he puts FIFA videos up and the market for FIFA videos is huge compared with the market of Burnley fans.

Vizzeh and BFC are in two different markets, with two very different potentials for growth.
Not sure why you're singling me out, someone else made reference to him first, but OK I'm willing to play along.

Vizeh is reasonably successful at running a YouTube channel and is a passionate Burnley fan.
I'm aware of his content, even if I don't follow him.

The club could do worse than collaborations with him to help boost viewing figures on YouTube.

We have social media platforms that don't generate enough revenue, so they either carry on plodding along or they recruit better staff or get help from Burnley fans on social media who have the relevant experience.
I'm pretty sure if they let Vizah loose around the club for a month or two to make YouTube content he'd do it and it would attract more views than the clubs current staff doing its own stuff.

They could let me loose with the social media accounts and I'd be able to create a strategy to improve their clicks/likes /views and follows, although the quickest way would be to have greater content from someone like Vizah on YouTube/Insta/FB and link them all together.

As for those who didn't understand the Land Rover stuff, the issue is with them, not me and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1926 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:42 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:37 pm
Not sure why you're singling me out, someone else made reference to him first, but OK I'm willing to play along.

Vizeh is reasonably successful at running a YouTube channel and is a passionate Burnley fan.
I'm aware of his content, even if I don't follow him.

The club could do worse than collaborations with him to help boost viewing figures on YouTube.

We have social media platforms that don't generate enough revenue, so they either carry on plodding along or they recruit better staff or get help from Burnley fans on social media who have the relevant experience.
I'm pretty sure if they let Vizah loose around the club for a month or two to make YouTube content he'd do it and it would attract more views than the clubs current staff doing its own stuff.

They could let me loose with the social media accounts and I'd be able to create a strategy to improve their clicks/likes /views and follows, although the quickest way would be to have greater content from someone like Vizah on YouTube/Insta/FB and link them all together.

As for those who didn't understand the Land Rover stuff, the issue is with them, not me and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
Letting Vizeh becoming an official member representing Burnley Football Club in the media with the way he behaves would be very, very dangerous for the club.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:45 pm

Dyched wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:42 pm
Letting Vizeh becoming an official member representing Burnley Football Club in the media with the way he behaves would be very, very dangerous for the club.
Maybe so, but collaborating with him, or someone like him, isn't a bad idea.

I don't know enough about Vizeh to know the cons of hiring him, so I can't comment on stuff I read on here etc.
There could well be other Burnley fans running YouTube accounts, I genuinely don't know, I use it for music mainly.

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:03 am

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:21 pm

And that links in to my earlier point. Fifa is another market to grow our ‘brand’.

As I say. He’s not for everyone. But done in the right way. With the club managing it appropriately it could absolutely generate some positive coverage for the club. As Jordan north did. As James Anderson could. (Everyone I speak to mentions him whenever I say I’m from Burnley - I don’t follow cricket but I get the impression to people who do he is tiger woods like famous 😳).

Again. May be different markets. But doesn’t mean there can’t be synergy or collaboration. If not why would different brands have anyone outside their industry working with them? Obviously on a bigger scale (although ‘you tubers’ are huge to kids) Why do Liverpool players advertise nivea? Why does usain bolt advertise virgin broadband?

As I say. Completely accept they’re on a different scale but it’s an example of where there is a reason to collaborate with ‘famous’ people to promote your brand.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 837 times
Has Liked: 544 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:23 am

Dyched wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:42 pm
Define
“In the way he behaves” please

For legal clarification only

TopCat
Been Liked: 172 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by TopCat » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:58 am

CharlieinNewMexico wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:23 am
Define
“In the way he behaves” please

Off his head and refused entry into Goodison. Coppers all over him.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:59 am

:D

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:13 am

I don't know the exact numbers but this site gets far more traffic than the club website. As far as I'm aware the club's media department sees 0 reason to collaborate with us despite the traffic we have. I think the media department see us more as a competitor than a potential partner despite the fact that the site only exists because we are all supporters of Burnley FC.
These 3 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets ClaretTony KateR

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:28 am

dibraidio wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:13 am
I don't know the exact numbers but this site gets far more traffic than the club website. As far as I'm aware the club's media department sees 0 reason to collaborate with us despite the traffic we have. I think the media department see us more as a competitor than a potential partner despite the fact that the site only exists because we are all supporters of Burnley FC.
Weird they behave like that, especially considering the historical content regularly posted on here that could be used by the club for the right fees.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:28 am

dibraidio wrote:
The questionnaire did ask how we received our Burnley info and mentioned either this site or message boards in general.

They might be planning change.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6970 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:41 am

dibraidio wrote:
Would UTC collaborating with the club not open up a can of worms? This is an unofficial fans website, where the editors and contributors are free to post whatever views they want (within obvious reason). I can't see any advantages to the club having a say in the rhetoric on this site.

I don't know the answer to this, but is Arsenal Fan TV affiliated with the club in anyway? It has over 1 million subscribers but I don't expect it is something that the club wants to align itself with.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:46 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:41 am
Would UTC collaborating with the club not open up a can of worms? This is an unofficial fans website, where the editors and contributors are free to post whatever views they want (within obvious reason). I can't see any advantages to the club having a say in the rhetoric on this site.

I don't know the answer to this, but is Arsenal Fan TV affiliated with the club in anyway? It has over 1 million subscribers but I don't expect it is something that the club wants to align itself with.

Didn't Arsenal the club force the TV idiots to change something about their name recently.

Can you imagine the club being linked to the very same message board where the previous owners have been accused of some of the things they have

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6970 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:51 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:46 am
Didn't Arsenal the club force the TV idiots to change something about their name recently.

Can you imagine the club being linked to the very same message board where the previous owners have been accused of some of the things they have
Not sure about Arsenal Fan TV, but your second point is exactly my thoughts.

Likewise, I'm not sure whether they would like to be affiliated with someone like Vizeh. I haven't seen his videos but it is pretty dangerous ground to put your reputation in the hands of a young lad filming himself having a day on the booze and going to the game.

I feel like I'm poo-poo'ing quite a lot of things on here recently. But I don't think there's a lot of thought put into some of these suggestions.

dibraidio
Been Liked: 505 times
Has Liked: 143 times

Post by dibraidio » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:55 am

Rileybobs wrote:
;

I think it's essential for fans to have places other than the official site to have discussions. It would be a real conflict of interest for the club to have a thread discussing Brownhill's performances on the right wing for example.

Dafabet approaches us to collaborate with them for promotional events at Turf Moor but I'm not aware of the club ever showing any interest. I only mentioned it because of the idea of them collaborating with Vizeh. I'm not sure they'd be interested as he's not a media professional or a qualified journalist.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:01 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:51 am

I feel like I'm poo-poo'ing quite a lot of things on here recently. But I don't think there's a lot of thought put into some of these suggestions.
There hasn't been a lot of thought at the club for years though and a lot of these ideas we're throwing out are pretty simple stuff in regards to brand growing.

This is stuff being suggested by people who don't work in marketing or social media departments, who don't have varying qualifications, but we seem to be able to string together workable strategies easy enough.

All of the ideas have pros/cons, so poo-pooing them just forces people like me to think through the issues and present the alternatives to people like you to see if we can get you on board with the ideas.

I quite enjoy it tbh, gives me something to do during the day whilst I'm working.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:04 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:51 am
Not sure about Arsenal Fan TV, but your second point is exactly my thoughts.

Likewise, I'm not sure whether they would like to be affiliated with someone like Vizeh. I haven't seen his videos but it is pretty dangerous ground to put your reputation in the hands of a young lad filming himself having a day on the booze and going to the game.

In August 2018, ArsenalFanTV were forced to change their name to AFTV following discussions with Arsenal regarding the channel breaching Arsenal's copyright by using the term "Arsenal" without authorisation which had a negative effect on the club

Thought I remembered something about it

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3875 times
Has Liked: 2073 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:56 am

Rileybobs wrote:

When most club official websites were started they had supporter messageboards on them, they soon got shut as they couldn't trust fans/trolls to behave.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32553 times
Has Liked: 5284 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:55 am

dibraidio wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:55 am

Dafabet approaches us to collaborate with them for promotional events at Turf Moor but I'm not aware of the club ever showing any interest. I only mentioned it because of the idea of them collaborating with Vizeh. I'm not sure they'd be interested as he's not a media professional or a qualified journalist.
I don't know whether it was Dafabet or the one that followed but I was approached asking if we wanted to do some promotional stuff with prizes offered to people on this board. Whether we'd have said yes or no, I don't know, but I do know the club blocked it.

It wasn't always like that - back in the old CM days the club's website went down for a few days and I was asked if I'd publish their stuff on CM which I did.

Dyched
Been Liked: 1926 times
Has Liked: 446 times

Post by Dyched » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:51 pm

One for we’d all pretty much agree on is how far out of touch the club now actually feels for local supporters. I’m all for growing us globally but let’s not forget the locals.

I’ve a fan of quite a few different brands (clothing) as well as others. One thing I love about them is getting proper people modelling for them. Levis Vintage Clothing for one will scout locations and get locals to model. They can then sell the story. Recently they’ve done a Manchester thing which has been pretty brilliantly advertised.

There’s just lot’s of little things they could do like that. Get the local chippy worker, bar man, groundsman, pie seller, programme seller modelling the new shirts in the environments they work. Sell the story of matchday.

Every week give a disposable camera to a season ticket holder, let them capture what their matchday is and publish them in the next home games programme.

Do some music thing. Like a jukebox friday where a player selects 5 songs from different questions asked. First song bought, that type of stuff.

As on the other thread, paint some murals round the back of the Turf, get some professionals in, but also get local people involved as well. Make some tile mosaic kinda stuff.

Were in a very special position of being one of the only Premier League clubs that can actually be in touch properly with real supporters. Grow the club all you want, but don’t ever take local supporters for granted.

Local used as in, in this country, ones that go to games and have been invested in this club for years.
These 4 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 frankinwales KateR cricketfieldclarets

Longsidelenny1882
Been Liked: 193 times

Post by Longsidelenny1882 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:54 pm

Was just going to say the club need to employ you but then I noticed your username then realised you are managing the club already utc

jojomk1
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Post by jojomk1 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:39 pm

Man Utd sign new 5 year shirt sponsor deal worth £235m
They were looking for £70m per year
Come on Alan, that's the target to aim for ;)

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3166 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:48 pm

jojomk1 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:39 pm
Man Utd sign new 5 year shirt sponsor deal worth £235m
They were looking for £70m per year
Come on Alan, that's the target to aim for ;)
just the £17m per annum drop on the current deal at todays exchange rates - that is what we made in 2018/19 commercially. Of course in recent accounts Man Utd had informed analysts that there commercial sponsors had deferred £80m of payments so far this year

still some think this commercially sponsorship lark is easy, it isn;t, there are opportunities but it is a crowded marketplace and voices like Burnley nedd to be distinctive to be heard