The times they are a changing

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5560 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Re: The times they are a changing

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:41 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:36 pm
I’d love to experience an hour as you to see how your mind works. Did you do a lot of acid in the 60’s?
With the hippies, the spiritual grandparents of The Woke? I doubt it.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 862 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:43 pm

No obsession just highlighting something that is quite clear to many. Off to watch the rugby now ta-ta.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6962 times
Has Liked: 1483 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:43 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:41 pm
With the hippies, the spiritual grandparents of The Woke? I doubt it.
Very good point. Something isn't wired up correctly though.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1184 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:36 pm
I’d love to experience an hour as you to see how your mind works. Did you do a lot of acid in the 60’s?
I was making a point, everything isn’t as black & white as you make it out to be, some people are well within their rights to be terrified of anyone that’s different especially when that different person is perceived to be a threat. If you could counter constructively without any hallucinogenic drug references it’s a possibility progress can be made.

Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:46 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:39 pm
Sigh.

OK, I genuinely can't be arsed arguing with dinosaurs today
Just before I close off for the rugby it kind of proves a point when the only come back is name calling.

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1826 times
Has Liked: 930 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Right wing media and politicians have stoked up so much 'fear of the other' they're now even afraid of the tick box on questionnaires.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:48 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:43 pm
No obsession just highlighting something that is quite clear to many. Off to watch the rugby now ta-ta.
What is clear?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:52 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:45 pm
I was making a point, everything isn’t as black & white as you make it out to be, some people are well within their rights to be terrified of anyone that’s different especially when that different person is perceived to be a threat. If you could counter constructively without any hallucinogenic drug references it’s a possibility progress can be made.
I don't have any constructive counter to your hypothetical scenario of a heterosexual man being terrified of homosexuals because he's been raped by a homosexual man. So I'll stick with the acid hypothesis.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:59 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:52 pm
I don't have any constructive counter to your hypothetical scenario of a heterosexual man being terrified of homosexuals because he's been raped by a homosexual man. So I'll stick with the acid hypothesis.
Yes because in your sheltered bubble things like that don’t happen because if you conceded that did happen it would make your earlier statement seem incredibly silly! People have valid & grounded reasons sometimes for not liking something different & life experiences have brought about that view/feeling.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:01 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:59 pm
Yes because in your sheltered bubble things like that don’t happen because if you conceded that did happen it would make your earlier statement seem incredibly silly! People have valid & grounded reasons sometimes for not liking something different & life experiences have brought about that view/feeling.
Seek help.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:22 pm

To summarise then: homophobia is fine because some (a very small minority) homosexuals have committed rape.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:30 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:22 pm
To summarise then: homophobia is fine because some (a very small minority) homosexuals have committed rape.
That’s not possible, because some people think men don’t get raped & no reason would ever exist why a heterosexual man might be wary around a homosexual man, I’ve sought help as advised & that’s the only logical conclusion to be reached.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:38 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:30 pm
That’s not possible, because some people think men don’t get raped & no reason would ever exist why a heterosexual man might be wary around a homosexual man, I’ve sought help as advised & that’s the only logical conclusion to be reached.
When I said seek help I didn't mean seek more brain-scrambling substances.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:42 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:38 pm
When I said seek help I didn't mean seek more brain-scrambling substances.
I can’t engage with somebody sensibly when upon the first sign of any disagreement it’s implied that my standpoints are fuelled by historical drug abuse, sorry, no offence! Good evening.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:43 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:42 pm
I can’t engage with somebody sensibly
I know. That's the problem.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3149 times
Has Liked: 10254 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:07 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:57 pm
It makes no difference, any sort of organised mass gathering however meticulous is quite frankly an embarrassing p155take, for months now some people have been doing everything by the book complying with every single thing required from them to ensure the effects of the virus are mitigated, it’s insulting to them & poses a far greater danger with the virus not being properly contained, people have died & are still dying nows not the time to go carte Blanche by dropping our guard.
It's not insulting to anybody. It is people making up their minds whether the most important issue is that of a supposed threat of catching or spreading Covid or the threat of violence and abuse towards women being continued to be disregarded.
They made their choice to go for an illegal gathering because the legal one that was planned was deemed unacceptable.
Fair play - as I said, needs must sometimes.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:15 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:07 pm
It's not insulting to anybody. It is people making up their minds whether the most important issue is that of a supposed threat of catching or spreading Covid or the threat of violence and abuse towards women being continued to be disregarded.
They made their choice to go for an illegal gathering because the legal one that was planned was deemed unacceptable.
It’s not going to make a difference people having gatherings about women’s rights & real life threats of abuse & violence some women suffer & also men as well, what you’ve got to understand is that this as been going on for years women getting knocked about & men getting scratched & slapped, on the other hand COVID is here & potentially right now presents a bigger problem than something that we’ve all lived with or alongside for years, if people seriously think that protests & gatherings are the way forward would it not make more sense to just hold off for a few months until this COVID reduces or clears, domestic violence it’s been about for hundreds of years so waiting a few months won’t make much difference the problem isn’t going to instantly clear up even on the assumption that the gatherings methods are effective.

Stayingup
Been Liked: 921 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:35 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:50 am
Life's as complicated as you want it to be.
Clearly, the male/female answer would be useful statistically for the questionnaire but not essential.
The protest one is a bit more complex.

A carefully-planned, responsible one, like the one to raise the issues surrounding the Sarah Everard case, could well have gone ahead with social distancing. The Met couldn't or wouldn't hack it and made themselves look useless.
We just need to be careful that the government don't find any old excuse to ban further protests when restrictions end, especially the "noisy" protests, ffs. :roll:

We saw it on another thread yesterday when some moron frothed about a couple of TV presenters disrespecting the country and flag by liking tweets that took the pi$$ out of government officials desperate to demonstrate how patriotic they are by having a Union flag - the bigger and brighter the better - as a backdrop.

The uncomplicated and obvious truth is the presenters, like most of us, hate the idea of politicians particularly - or organisations like the EDL - using the flag cynically to promote themselves.

If you have an anti-BBC agenda, are insanely jealous or resentful at the lousy hand life has dealt you or your lad is apparently being held back by his racist and sexist school , as three examples, you might perceive life as being complicated.

If you're content and well-adjusted, the rest generally takes care of itself.
Yes its an absolute disgrace isn't it to be patriotic. Particukarly when many good men gave their lives so that these cretins could disrespect our national flag. Phew.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:40 pm

"It’s not going to make a difference people having gatherings about women’s rights & real life threats of abuse & violence some women suffer"..............it sure as hell is not going to make a difference if people don't protest, don't gather and don't make sure the issue is not allowed to fade away or be swept under the carpet. Why do you think the government - and folk like you - are so desperate for individuals to obey the lockdown rules, irrespective of the strength of their views ? To avoid change.
There is a huge depth of feeling that could not be held back especially when the Met made the rather arbitrary decision not to allow a carefully planned and orchestrated event.
Sometimes you just have to do what you feel is right.

"domestic violence it’s been about for hundreds of years so waiting a few months won’t make much difference"...........I think you've missed the point yet again, fella. ;)

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:50 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:40 pm
"It’s not going to make a difference people having gatherings about women’s rights & real life threats of abuse & violence some women suffer"..............it sure as hell is not going to make a difference if people don't protest, don't gather and don't make sure the issue is not allowed to fade away or be swept under the carpet. Why do you think the government - and folk like you - are so desperate for individuals to obey the lockdown rules, irrespective of the strength of their views ? To avoid change.
There is a huge depth of feeling that could not be held back especially when the Met made the rather arbitrary decision not to allow a carefully planned and orchestrated event.

"domestic violence it’s been about for hundreds of years so waiting a few months won’t make much difference"...........I think you've missed the point yet again, fella. ;)
Banning alcohol is the only thing that would have any impact, for most moderate drinkers it’s not a problem, well over 95% of the cases I’ve counselled with domestic violence 1 of the partners in the relationship have had a serious drinking problem if not both, you will always hear the line - well Graham’s a different man when he’s sober or Natasha is a nice kind sweet loving soul when she’s off the bottle, the correlation is unmistakable.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:50 pm

Disrespecting the flag.... this myth has clearly been repeated enough for people to start believing it to be true.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Pstotto
Been Liked: 1024 times
Has Liked: 763 times

Post by Pstotto » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:32 pm

They've created a hide and seek of sexual mobility and reduced adult life to a game of musical chairs without anyone knowing they were taking part or not, and by law.

Couples together, spend a year together and go forth and multiply.

People living alone, spend a year alone and hopefully die.

That's worse than Nazism.

Inevitably a tragedy happened but instead of praising the rest of English men for their relative sainthood in these trying times, the BBC and the rest of the media stirred up as much as they could, man-bashing and law-breaking protest to waste police time, egged on by the elite who with glee were happy that there was a social demographic willing to do it for them, as evidenced in the media frenzy political spin and with no common sense to prevail, instead a witch hunt of all men and on the back of a wilful politicization of tragedy.

What disrespect for the dead and by women mainly and the BBC.

It stinks from top to bottom.

Utterly rank.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3080 times
Has Liked: 5058 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:40 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:07 pm
Rubbish
It isn't up to them to decide that their need for a demonstration, is more important than the health of the nation.
We live in a democracy that sets down laws and regulations.
No one has said ban protests, just save them for a day when this pandemic is over. It's just bloody selfish, and before you bang on about their rights, what about the rights of the countless thousands who could end up being infected by their selfishness. What about the millions who might be forced into another wave of lockdowns, due to their selfishness. What about the cost to the economy and peoples livelihoods, because of their selfishness.
That whole vigil/protest, wouldn't have changed a damn thing about ignorant people abusing those who are weaker, not a damn thing. It was pointless.
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:55 pm

You have the untouchable feminist rage about culture, what about the Hitler Youth humiliation of every boy in the UK and the implicit demand of the female population to see if you match up to 'Meet Mike, he can swim like a fish', like what every kid in the 70s had.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:56 pm

... And did you lie the bath to shrink your 501s??????

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5081 times
Has Liked: 6890 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:01 pm

All I can say is if you don't want water in the pan when frying bacon purchase it from a butcher. That way the size of your bacon won't be changing.

Pstotto

Post by Pstotto » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:07 pm

I wore Wrangler jeans then... Not a concern for me.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:48 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:40 pm

Another thing you’ve failed to understand is that during this pandemic domestic violence cases have actually risen due to the pressures of the lockdown, so potentially doing anything that could extend the lockdown further is actually making a bad problem even worse, we need to exit the lockdown & return to normal for any hope of a problem reduction, so the people who want/champion women rights improvements logically you couldn’t think of a worse way of going about it if you tried.

JohnMcGreal
Been Liked: 1358 times
Has Liked: 440 times

Post by JohnMcGreal » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:00 am

Stayingup wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:35 pm
Yes its an absolute disgrace isn't it to be patriotic. Particukarly when many good men gave their lives so that these cretins could disrespect our national flag. Phew.
Brandishing the union flag at every opportunity doesn't make you patriotic.

No amount of flag waving will compensate for the terminal damage these bastards have inflicted on the country.

Patriotic? Don't make me laugh.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:25 am

JohnMcGreal wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:00 am

No amount of flag waving will compensate for the terminal damage these bastards have inflicted on the country.

Someone will be along soon to accuse you of being "anti-British" and part of "generation woke" that is leading this country down a "slippery slope".

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5172 times

Post by Rowls » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:49 am

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:17 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:48 am
Another thing you’ve failed to understand is that during this pandemic domestic violence cases have actually risen due to the pressures of the lockdown, so potentially doing anything that could extend the lockdown further is actually making a bad problem even worse, we need to exit the lockdown & return to normal for any hope of a problem reduction, so the people who want/champion women rights improvements logically you couldn’t think of a worse way of going about it if you tried.

So you're claiming that the best course of action is to exit lockdown as quickly as possible so we can to get those levels of domestic abuse back to the levels they were ? Whooopeedoo.
Raising awareness of the issue, by taking to the streets and protesting about how it is largely ignored by the government, the police and society - this board shows that to a worrying extent - is the worst way of going about it ? For whom ? Thousands of resentful, tired old blokes ?
I wonder how long it will take for those protestors to be blamed if there's an increase in infections. It'll be nothing to do with schools going back (one school and two Sixth Forms already shut down here) or the political decision to allow that.

As I've said, sometimes you've got to go out and make things happen, keeep the issue in the news, keep people talking - if you want change, it needs to happen quickly.
The "Oh, it'll be OK, change will evolve eventually" just doesn't work and plays right into the hands of those, again plenty of them on here, who are terrified of a change for the better and just cross their fingers that these "troublemakers" will go away.
And by the way, Jakub, since you reckon to be a counsellor of some sort and have mentioned it on at least three occasions already, I do hope it's on a voluntary, well-meaning basis where you can't do too much damage to your hapless "clients". If you actually have any authority whatsoever , we live in worrying times indeed.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:47 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:17 am
So you're claiming that the best course of action is to exit lockdown as quickly as possible so we can to get those levels of domestic abuse back to the levels they were ? Whooopeedoo.
Raising awareness of the issue, by taking to the streets and protesting about how it is largely ignored by the government, the police and society - this board shows that to a worrying extent - is the worst way of going about it ? For whom ? Thousands of resentful, tired old blokes ?
I wonder how long it will take for those protestors to be blamed if there's an increase in infections. It'll be nothing to do with schools going back (one school and two Sixth Forms already shut down here) or the political decision to allow that.

As I've said, sometimes you've got to go out and make things happen, keeep the issue in the news, keep people talking - if you want change, it needs to happen quickly.
The "Oh, it'll be OK, change will evolve eventually" just doesn't work and plays right into the hands of those, again plenty of them on here, who are terrified of a change for the better and just cross their fingers that these "troublemakers" will go away.
And by the way, Jakub, since you reckon to be a counsellor of some sort and have mentioned it on at least three occasions already, I do hope it's on a voluntary, well-meaning basis where you can't do too much damage to your hapless "clients". If you actually have any authority whatsoever , we live in worrying times indeed.
I don’t claim to be a counsellor currently, I’ve previously worked counselling on domestic violence cases for about a decade & it was paid employment, despite my experience & knowledge it’s futile engaging with you because you clearly know better Eddie, you’ve got all the answers & solutions to this problem.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5209 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:54 am

Stop Being Offended by Everything

https://twitter.com/i/status/1373562734936264705

RingoMcCartney
Been Liked: 2636 times
Has Liked: 2798 times

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:58 am

JohnMcGreal wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:00 am

It's not "patriotic" when we do it!

It's not "flag waving at every opportunity" if we do it!"

That's the spirit Emily!!
Attachments
Ew2bF-NW8AMsfne.jpeg
Ew2bF-NW8AMsfne.jpeg (504.51 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:05 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:17 am

The most worrying thing about living in these times, is that there are people who think like you, who are incapable of seeing that you're wrong.
Why don't you ask Sadik Khan why women can't walk around the streets of London without being molested, instead of blaming the government, and its lack of empathy. Society is the problem, but that gets addressed in the home, not in Parliament.
And yes, I know women get assaulted in other areas of the country other than London, but your maths, that holding an illegal protest, will in any way lead to fewer attacks in the future, just doesn't add up.
I think the vast majority of this board, support the right to protest, but only in a non violent way, in an appropriate time and place.
Calling out thousands of resentful, tired old blokes, is simply wrong. It's because they've been there, done that and got the t shirt. Experience shows that these demonstrations, especially the ones that turn anti establishment, are futile. You've got a lot of growing up to do, before you have the wit to call out anyone on this board.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:09 am

I hope Ringo realises posting all these pictures of remainers draped in the EU attire he is absolutely proving the point of those attacking the govts distasteful appropriation of the Union flag for jingoistic purposes.

The point is these remainers aren't using the EU flag in a natural way they would in everyday life but are using it in a very tribal way to make political gain.

This is exactly what the criticism of the govt is at the moment so its nice to see we actually have found some common ground and both find that the cynical use of national flags as nothing more than a prop in some kind of culture war as something very distasteful and wrong

Just to add I wouldnt blame or get upset at anyone laughing and poking fun at the people Ringo has posted pics of. After all they do come across a bit ludicrous

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:12 am

CleggHall wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:40 am
Firthy - tend to agree with you on the gender/sexuality issue.
The Census form goes ott on this and asks if you are the same sexuality as on the day you were born! Why is this information required for the population at large?
Chix wiv Dix bro innit

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:27 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:09 am
I hope Ringo realises posting all these pictures of remainers draped in the EU attire he is absolutely proving the point of those attacking the govts distasteful appropriation of the Union flag for jingoistic purposes.

The point is these remainers aren't using the EU flag in a natural way they would in everyday life but are using it in a very tribal way to make political gain.

This is exactly what the criticism of the govt is at the moment so its nice to see we actually have found some common ground and both find that the cynical use of national flags as nothing more than a prop in some kind of culture war as something very distasteful and wrong

Just to add I wouldnt blame or get upset at anyone laughing and poking fun at the people Ringo has posted pics of. After all they do come across a bit ludicrous
The audacity of a minister having a flag that represents the nation and a portrait of its head of state, he serves, in his official place of work!!!!

It's quite clearly "a prop in a culture war!" :lol: :lol:

How very dare he!

No wonder BBC presenters Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty mocked and sneered at this shameful display of unbridled "jingoism".

Colburn_Claret

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:09 am

Thats rubbish.
If you want to see a flag used for jingoistic purposes go to America. The Stars and Stripes is everywhere, thousands of them. And why shouldn't it be. Try France, Germany, China, India, Greece it doesn't matter where you go, every country displays its flag proudly. Our government is right to display the flag, it isn't appropriation, it's a moral duty. We should be as proud of the Union Jack, as every other country is proud of theirs.
The UK is the only country in the bloody world where it is frowned upon, as if displaying a Union Jack is racist or offensive. So many idiots, who want to drag this country down, who are ashamed to be British, for the sins of our forebears centuries ago. It's pathetic.
They all have an obvious solution, they could sod off to a country that better suits their moralistic outlook on life, but NO, that isn't going to happen, because deep down inside they know they live in the freest country in the world, and no other country would tolerate them.
These 2 users liked this post: Boss Hogg RingoMcCartney

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:31 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:05 am
The most worrying thing about living in these times, is that there are people who think like you, who are incapable of seeing that you're wrong.
Why don't you ask Sadik Khan why women can't walk around the streets of London without being molested, instead of blaming the government, and its lack of empathy. Society is the problem, but that gets addressed in the home, not in Parliament.
And yes, I know women get assaulted in other areas of the country other than London, but your maths, that holding an illegal protest, will in any way lead to fewer attacks in the future, just doesn't add up.
I think the vast majority of this board, support the right to protest, but only in a non violent way, in an appropriate time and place.
Calling out thousands of resentful, tired old blokes, is simply wrong. It's because they've been there, done that and got the t shirt. Experience shows that these demonstrations, especially the ones that turn anti establishment, are futile. You've got a lot of growing up to do, before you have the wit to call out anyone on this board.

Well said. Let's not bother enforcing change, eh, leave it to be sorted out by the perpetrators not the government. Aye, that's working well, isn't it ?

All of the vulnerable have been vaccinated, those who haven't, if unlucky enough to have it passed on to them will deal with it just as we'll have to deal with Covid as we do the flu. In other words, a mild illness for a few days.

Well, regarding the tired, resentful old blokes that seem to make up a large part of this board, I'm not sure where they've been, what they've done and what t-shirt they've got but they seemed to have learned nothing on their travels.
Growing up is doing nowt, grumbling about the way of the world and tutting at those that get off their arses and do something, is it ?

Stay frightened, stay safe. :roll:

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:35 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:27 am
The audacity of a minister having a flag that represents the nation and a portrait of its head of state, he serves, in his official place of work!!!!

It's quite clearly "a prop in a culture war!" :lol: :lol:

How very dare he!

No wonder BBC presenters Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty mocked and sneered at this shameful display of unbridled "jingoism".
Either deliberately or stupidly ignoring that this wasnt an isolated incident but the straw that broke the camels back after an obviously contrived decision for all Tory politicians to have the flag waving behind them to appeal to those who put waving a flag and being proud to be British ahead of actually serving the country.

Any true patriot would be more concerned about Jenrick's corrupt past (and present) than a couple of news presenters mocking this weird Tory policy of suddenly having to place a flag in view whenever you are on TV

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:36 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:29 am
Thats rubbish.
If you want to see a flag used for jingoistic purposes go to America. The Stars and Stripes is everywhere, thousands of them. And why shouldn't it be. Try France, Germany, China, India, Greece it doesn't matter where you go, every country displays its flag proudly. Our government is right to display the flag, it isn't appropriation, it's a moral duty. We should be as proud of the Union Jack, as every other country is proud of theirs.
The UK is the only country in the bloody world where it is frowned upon, as if displaying a Union Jack is racist or offensive. So many idiots, who want to drag this country down, who are ashamed to be British, for the sins of our forebears centuries ago. It's pathetic.
They all have an obvious solution, they could sod off to a country that better suits their moralistic outlook on life, but NO, that isn't going to happen, because deep down inside they know they live in the freest country in the world, and no other country would tolerate them.

Absolutely - a free country where Jenrick , a "politician", a representative of this great country of ours and and having such an unblemished, unselfish record in business dealings - can face an interview whilst proudly displaying his patriotic credentials. ......He'd have been in jail in any of the other countries you mention. :lol:

You're a mug, CC.

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:38 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thats rubbish.
You dont half post some clap trap. I thought your diatribe about the Sarah Everard protesters was some of the most uneducated rubbish ive seen for some time but this isnt too far behind

RingoMcCartney

Post by RingoMcCartney » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:41 am

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:35 am
Either deliberately or stupidly ignoring that this wasnt an isolated incident but the straw that broke the camels back after an obviously contrived decision for all Tory politicians to have the flag waving behind them to appeal to those who put waving a flag and being proud to be British ahead of actually serving the country.

Any true patriot would be more concerned about Jenrick's corrupt past (and present) than a couple of news presenters mocking this weird Tory policy of suddenly having to place a flag in view whenever you are on TV
Andrew Marr show.

Today.

The "weird EU policy of suddenly having to place a flag in view whenever you are on TV!!!
Attachments
Ew_4ZtXWEAE92Hj.jpeg
Ew_4ZtXWEAE92Hj.jpeg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:44 am

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Thats rubbish.
Correct.

Other than when there’s a is a pandemic people are free to protest in one of the most tolerant country’s in the world. It will be never enough for the libtards but they know there’s no better alternative elsewhere.
This user liked this post: RingoMcCartney

fidelcastro
Been Liked: 2220 times
Has Liked: 2211 times

Post by fidelcastro » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:45 am

Being proud to be British, hmmm, being proud of being born somewhere you had no choice in. What a great achievement!

By the same token, I'm proud I've got a nose.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:45 am

We're not in the EU....

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:50 am

RingoMcCartney wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:41 am
Andrew Marr show.

Today.

The "weird EU policy of suddenly having to place a flag in view whenever you are on TV!!!
Again are you deliberately being thick here. She was in an EU building which will obvious have flags and again you've picked an isolated incident.

If every EU representative started flying an EU flag in every interview even in their personal work and home environments I would have no problem with people finding it odd and starting to draw attention to it and mock it.

As I said if you are a true patriot maybe direct your anger towards the people in power like Jenrick who is using his position to broker dodgy deals and act in his own interest above the country of the flag he so proudly waves

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:51 am

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:44 am
Correct.

Other than when there’s a is a pandemic people are free to protest in one of the most tolerant country’s in the world. It will be never enough for the libtards but they know there’s no better alternative elsewhere.

Yes, this board is adequate proof of how we are one of the most tolerant "country's"........... :lol: