The times they are a changing

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

The times they are a changing

Post by Firthy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:10 am

Firstly this is not meant to be an inflammatory post and that things like this have been discussed on here but I do wonder if I'm overreacting because I'm a grumpy old stick in the mud. The day started with me opening a jigsaw I bought on Ebay and saw that the pieces like the sky which were all the same colour were numbered by rows so you knew where they'd go if you got stuck. I thought this quite quaint that somebody had done this and reminded me of a tatty old hand written list my dad use to carry round of all the books he'd read.

Then I filled in my form for the covid vaccine and there was a question about gender with 3 options Male, Female, Prefer not to say. I thought seriously why the hell wouldn't you want to say waht sex you are. Then I thought if it gives the third option why bother including the question because it obviously doesn't matter what sex you are.

Then I read the BBC news headlines and saw this article, some MP's seriously want to allow people to protest in public with a pandemic out there which we are struggling to control.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56466291

I think I just need the reassurance that I'm not the only person who feels that life is becoming far too complicated and where will it all end.
This user liked this post: MT03ALG

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2274 times
Has Liked: 2153 times

Re: The times they are a changing

Post by Burnley1989 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:18 am

Firthy wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:10 am
Firstly this is not meant to be an inflammatory post and that things like this have been discussed on here but I do wonder if I'm overreacting because I'm a grumpy old stick in the mud. The day started with me opening a jigsaw I bought on Ebay and saw that the pieces like the sky which were all the same colour were numbered by rows so you knew where they'd go if you got stuck. I thought this quite quaint that somebody had done this and reminded me of a tatty old hand written list my dad use to carry round of all the books he'd read.

Then I filled in my form for the covid vaccine and there was a question about gender with 3 options Male, Female, Prefer not to say. I thought seriously why the hell wouldn't you want to say waht sex you are. Then I thought if it gives the third option why bother including the question because it obviously doesn't matter what sex you are.

Then I read the BBC news headlines and saw this article, some MP's seriously want to allow people to protest in public with a pandemic out there which we are struggling to control.

I think I just need the reassurance that I'm not the only person who feels that life is becoming far too complicated and where will it all end.
I’m not necessarily agreeing with all your points but completely understand what you mean!

The one Im seeing a lot at the moment, social media influencers and lads in their 20’s trying to convince the world they are rich and intelligent, borrowing money off parents and credit cards, then hit 30’s and think the world owes them something because they’ve missed the boat and not forged any sort of career. I know so many lads like this.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:22 am

Firthy wrote:

Your Better off back behind bars firthy With a daily routine. The Outside world is truly mad. All Quiet on the 3s!!!

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5520 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:29 am

A 'prefer not to say' option on a form. Life really is far too complicated.

I feel your pain
These 2 users liked this post: CombatClaret yTib

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:36 am

CleggHall
Been Liked: 838 times
Has Liked: 1044 times

Post by CleggHall » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:40 am

Firthy - tend to agree with you on the gender/sexuality issue.
The Census form goes ott on this and asks if you are the same sexuality as on the day you were born! Why is this information required for the population at large?

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:50 am

Life's as complicated as you want it to be.
Clearly, the male/female answer would be useful statistically for the questionnaire but not essential.
The protest one is a bit more complex.

A carefully-planned, responsible one, like the one to raise the issues surrounding the Sarah Everard case, could well have gone ahead with social distancing. The Met couldn't or wouldn't hack it and made themselves look useless.
We just need to be careful that the government don't find any old excuse to ban further protests when restrictions end, especially the "noisy" protests, ffs. :roll:

We saw it on another thread yesterday when some moron frothed about a couple of TV presenters disrespecting the country and flag by liking tweets that took the pi$$ out of government officials desperate to demonstrate how patriotic they are by having a Union flag - the bigger and brighter the better - as a backdrop.

The uncomplicated and obvious truth is the presenters, like most of us, hate the idea of politicians particularly - or organisations like the EDL - using the flag cynically to promote themselves.

If you have an anti-BBC agenda, are insanely jealous or resentful at the lousy hand life has dealt you or your lad is apparently being held back by his racist and sexist school , as three examples, you might perceive life as being complicated.

If you're content and well-adjusted, the rest generally takes care of itself.
These 4 users liked this post: simonclaret jetblackcat fatboy47 Greenmile

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:56 am

CleggHall wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:40 am
The Census form goes ott on this and asks if you are the same sexuality as on the day you were born! Why is this information required for the population at large?
Strange questions but nowadays some people’s sexuality can change at the drop of a hat, it’s quite possible on a Monday you could be called Matthew & by Friday you could decide you want to be called Susan, some parts of society could be considered strange by some as an understatement, it’d be a lot easier if we all stayed the same way as when we was initially born but only if life was that straightforward.

Guitargeorge
Been Liked: 337 times
Has Liked: 93 times

Post by Guitargeorge » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:22 am

Filthy, just wait until you fill in the census form

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2588 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by NottsClaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:31 am

First world problems.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie tiger76

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:34 am

Apparently, you can get done if you deliberately fill in the form falsely.
How would they know, given the info is supposed to be confidential ?

CombatClaret
Been Liked: 1825 times
Has Liked: 929 times

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:57 am

CleggHall wrote:
I believe it asks "Is your gender the same as the sex you were registered at birth?"

Gender and sexuality are totally different things.

Asking this question provides a valid and interesting data point about the UK population which is the entire point of all the questions.
These 4 users liked this post: simonclaret evensteadiereddie BertiesBeehole Zlatan

duncandisorderly
Been Liked: 970 times
Has Liked: 232 times

Post by duncandisorderly » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:00 am

It's also interesting to note that despite the wealth of information out there, people still don't understand the difference between sex, gender, and unbelievably, sexuality.

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 965 times

Post by MrTopTier » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:02 am

First and foremost.

How are you Firthy?

I think I have seen a number of posts recently from you all in a similar vein and wondered how you are?

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:06 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:56 am
Strange questions but nowadays some people’s sexuality can change at the drop of a hat, it’s quite possible on a Monday you could be called Matthew & by Friday you could decide you want to be called Susan, some parts of society could be considered strange by some as an understatement, it’d be a lot easier if we all stayed the same way as when we was initially born but only if life was that straightforward.
Sex - Your biological sex

Gender - Which a social construct you form your internal sense of self around. Whether an individual sees themselves as a man or a woman, or another gender identity. They encompass many different identities and may be non-binary (that is, not a man or a woman)

Sexuality - Who you are attracted too

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:08 am

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:06 am
Sex - Your biological sex

Gender - Which a social construct you form your internal sense of self around. Whether an individual sees themselves as a man or a woman, or another gender identity. They encompass many different identities and may be non-binary (that is, not a man or a woman)

Sexuality - Who you are attracted too
Whatever, people are all over the shop with everything combined, man liking woman & woman liking man isn’t at play.

Hipper
Been Liked: 1175 times
Has Liked: 918 times

Post by Hipper » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:25 am

Firthy wrote:

Your first paragraph describes something which could make your life easier! I suppose it would make life harder for you if you could not ignore those numbers or you didn't have a slave to turn all the pieces over for you (something my mother who liked jigsaws thought was a good idea - the slave that is).

The covid vaccine questionnaire didn't seem complicated to me and I can understand if some don't wish to answer the question of gender. The whole question of gender and sexuality has been opened up these last few years and it seems to be a good thing that this has happened for those that have struggled with their gender identity or sexual desires. It's not something I have had to worry about but for those that have it may lead to a better more fulfilling life. Surely that's a good thing.

I can also understand how those that feel the right to safely protest, a fundamental human right denied to many in this world, has to be protected. How much that right should be protected against the risks caused by this pandemic is a debateable point. What the answer is I don't know but it's good that this will be debated for the sake of our freedoms.

If all this is too complicated for you then find a jigsaw with no numbering, don't fully complete the covid vaccine form and ignore the debate on our freedoms.

Look around. There are far more pressing issues:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -brokovich

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... 2000-years

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56340161

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:17 pm

MrTopTier wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:02 am
First and foremost.

How are you Firthy?

I think I have seen a number of posts recently from you all in a similar vein and wondered how you are?
I'm fine thanks, in full lockdown at present but hopefully not for too long. I just have opinions and am happy to share them and have open discussions. I don't take offence or get upset if people disagree with me. We all have one thing in common, we all support and love Burnley football club.

MrTopTier
Been Liked: 1036 times
Has Liked: 965 times

Post by MrTopTier » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:30 pm

I'm fine thanks, in full lockdown at present but hopefully not for too long. I just have opinions and am happy to share them and have open discussions. I don't take offence or get upset if people disagree with me. We all have one thing in common, we all support and love Burnley football club.

Good to hear you are ok, maybe I was reading to much into the posts.

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:50 pm

CleggHall wrote:
It’s not. I refuse to fill it in. It’s on everything including the fan survey. What the hell does it matter who you like having sex with. Some people feel it necessary to shout it from the roof tops though. Look at me everyone I’m different. Who cares.

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:04 pm

I caused a major family squabble t’other week after moaning about forms and gender identity. Most agreed with me but a niece is a psychologist and she was defending all the alternates.
I’ll stick to me guns. M or F.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:05 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:57 am
I believe it asks "Is your gender the same as the sex you were registered at birth?"

Gender and sexuality are totally different things.

Asking this question provides a valid and interesting data point about the UK population which is the entire point of all the questions.
Back in the day it was mostly people recognising a man being a man or a woman being a woman & heterosexual being a man & woman together & bisexual being either man/woman together & homosexual being a man with a man or a woman being with a woman, society’s changed too rapidly for some people with all the transgender & different genders & sexualities I think some people don’t realise old fashioned people struggle to get to grips with it or keep track of all the changes happening.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:07 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:50 pm
It’s not. I refuse to fill it in. It’s on everything including the fan survey. What the hell does it matter who you like having sex with. Some people feel it necessary to shout it from the roof tops though. Look at me everyone I’m different. Who cares.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6893 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:14 pm

Imagine living your life being so terrified of anyone who’s different from you. I’m just grateful I only have to regularly encounter such people on here.
This user liked this post: simonclaret

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:17 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:50 pm
I suppose the alternative is skulking around, not telling anyone and hoping no one finds out incase the look down on you.

We've been there before though...

huw.Y.WattfromWare
Been Liked: 1004 times
Has Liked: 905 times

Post by huw.Y.WattfromWare » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:34 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:14 pm
Imagine living your life being so terrified of anyone who’s different from you. I’m just grateful I only have to regularly encounter such people on here.
This isn’t a case of being terrified of anything. This is genetics. Some people are born hermaphrodite and they have a case but the remainder are either M or F and have decided they are not happy with that. Live with it, life is not fair.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:38 pm

Change happens as you get older

You have two choices, ignore it and struggle more and more, or embrace it and enjoy the experience

I'm sure you are not as bad as some on here are, but there is absolutely no point in not moving with the times, because they will just move on without you.
These 4 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 evensteadiereddie longsidepies simonclaret

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:40 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:34 pm
This isn’t a case of being terrified of anything. This is genetics. Some people are born hermaphrodite and they have a case but the remainder are either M or F and have decided they are not happy with that. Live with it, life is not fair.
This isn't just about genetics though, it's psychological as well.

In some ways I'll agree it's odd after I read a story about someone who doesn't know what they are until they wake up that particular day.
Personally I think that person has deeper problems.

However I know a few TS and they're genuinely happier after making the change, they can live as the person they truly believe they are.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:46 pm

huw.Y.WattfromWare wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:34 pm
Exactly, the times they are a changing. Stop being scared and live with it.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5002 times
Has Liked: 6716 times

Post by bfcjg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:46 pm

Under the sex question it's only fair that all bases are covered with the multiple choice answers, however another answer should be on the list " yes please "

Firthy

Post by Firthy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:50 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:38 pm
Change happens as you get older

You have two choices, ignore it and struggle more and more, or embrace it and enjoy the experience

I'm sure you are not as bad as some on here are, but there is absolutely no point in not moving with the times, because they will just move on without you.
I do embrace life and many changes that have taken place over the years, it's just a pity you can't avoid all the crap that goes with these changes.

Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:55 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:40 pm
This isn't just about genetics though, it's psychological as well.

In some ways I'll agree it's odd after I read a story about someone who doesn't know what they are until they wake up that particular day.
Personally I think that person has deeper problems.

However I know a few TS and they're genuinely happier after making the change, they can live as the person they truly believe they are.
If they are happier then that can only be good and I dont think anyone rational is denying people have different sexualities. It’s the monitoring and questioning of it all the time that part of society is obsessed with. Are you this or are you that. Why not just have m f or other for example. LBGTQ+ has become such a tongue twister and I’m sure some extra symbols or letters will be added to it at some point in case anyone feels left out. Not sure what the last two are.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:00 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:55 pm
If they are happier then that can only be good and I dont think anyone rational is denying people have different sexualities. It’s the monitoring and questioning of it all the time that part of society is obsessed with. Are you this or are you that. Why not just have m f or other for example. LBGTQ+ has become such a tongue twister and I’m sure some extra symbols or letters will be added to it at some point in case anyone feels left out. Not sure what the last two are.
Other just doesn't cut it though, that's why.

Yes there are new things found regularly, I saw the word Hetroflexible the other day and it just made me laugh.
A Hetroflexible is clearly someone who's bisexual, they're just trying to hide their true nature and claim they don't have same sex often so they can't be classed as Bi :roll:

CombatClaret

Post by CombatClaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:55 pm
Why not just have m f or other for example.
The UK census - providing detailed information about national demographics
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:07 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:00 pm
Other just doesn't cut it though, that's why.

Yes there are new things found regularly, I saw the word Hetroflexible the other day and it just made me laugh.
A Hetroflexible is clearly someone who's bisexual, they're just trying to hide their true nature and claim they don't have same sex often so they can't be classed as Bi :roll:
Why doesn’t it cut it though ? If you had a survey with 10 year age groups for example to 75 and then a category for over 75s I don’t think someone who is 77 will be complaining that they are been put in with the over 90s. If they feel marginalised or under represented by this I doubt they would make a song and a dance about it. It’s an issue with society trying to pander to the woke.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:09 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:50 am
Life's as complicated as you want it to be.
Clearly, the male/female answer would be useful statistically for the questionnaire but not essential.
The protest one is a bit more complex.

A carefully-planned, responsible one, like the one to raise the issues surrounding the Sarah Everard case, could well have gone ahead with social distancing. The Met couldn't or wouldn't hack it and made themselves look useless.
We just need to be careful that the government don't find any old excuse to ban further protests when restrictions end, especially the "noisy" protests, ffs. :roll:

We saw it on another thread yesterday when some moron frothed about a couple of TV presenters disrespecting the country and flag by liking tweets that took the pi$$ out of government officials desperate to demonstrate how patriotic they are by having a Union flag - the bigger and brighter the better - as a backdrop.

The uncomplicated and obvious truth is the presenters, like most of us, hate the idea of politicians particularly - or organisations like the EDL - using the flag cynically to promote themselves.

If you have an anti-BBC agenda, are insanely jealous or resentful at the lousy hand life has dealt you or your lad is apparently being held back by his racist and sexist school , as three examples, you might perceive life as being complicated.

If you're content and well-adjusted, the rest generally takes care of itself.
If you cannot see the issues with holding any sort of mass gathering, during a pandemic, then you aren't a full shilling. There are other ways they could have brought attention to the sad killing of Sarah Everard, without putting the greater public safety at risk.

As for the Police banning it, the problem we have, and have had, in this country for the last 5 years is the anarchists who hijack these protests, and turn them into an attack the Police, wreck the neighbourhood fest. Everything from G7, BLM to the teddy bears picnic, and these arseholes are in the middle of it, agitating the crowd and urging violence. They couldn't give a **** about Sarah Everard, or BLM, or the economy, they just want an excuse to stir it. They hide amongst the genuine protestors, to avoid detection, and to have lots of media reports of the nasty policemen manhandling peaceful protestors.
The Police were right to try and stop it, they were justified in their handling of the situation, as bad as it looked on TV. Whilst I do feel sympathy for the innocents that got caught up in this, they shouldn't have been there in the first place. If they ignore advice to disperse, anything that happens subsequently is their own fault.
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

taio
Been Liked: 3220 times
Has Liked: 340 times

Post by taio » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:10 pm

CombatClaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:05 pm
The UK census - providing detailed information about national demographics
This perfect response should be the end of it.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:23 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:07 pm
Why doesn’t it cut it though ? If you had a survey with 10 year age groups for example to 75 and then a category for over 75s I don’t think someone who is 77 will be complaining that they are been put in with the over 90s. If they feel marginalised or under represented by this I doubt they would make a song and a dance about it. It’s an issue with society trying to pander to the woke.
Age is very different to sexuality etc.
They aren't even comparable.

This isn't just about woke though, that's just you trying to shut down the discussion.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:24 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:07 pm
The purpose of the census is to gather data about people. It has nothing to do with pandering to anyone. Stop being so sensitive.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:49 pm

Colburn_Claret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:09 pm
If you cannot see the issues with holding any sort of mass gathering, during a pandemic, then you aren't a full shilling. There are other ways they could have brought attention to the sad killing of Sarah Everard, without putting the greater public safety at risk.

As for the Police banning it, the problem we have, and have had, in this country for the last 5 years is the anarchists who hijack these protests, and turn them into an attack the Police, wreck the neighbourhood fest. Everything from G7, BLM to the teddy bears picnic, and these arseholes are in the middle of it, agitating the crowd and urging violence. They couldn't give a **** about Sarah Everard, or BLM, or the economy, they just want an excuse to stir it. They hide amongst the genuine protestors, to avoid detection, and to have lots of media reports of the nasty policemen manhandling peaceful protestors.
The Police were right to try and stop it, they were justified in their handling of the situation, as bad as it looked on TV. Whilst I do feel sympathy for the innocents that got caught up in this, they shouldn't have been there in the first place. If they ignore advice to disperse, anything that happens subsequently is their own fault.
It's clear that I can see the issues involving a mass gathering at the moment but the plans put forward were meticulous and covered all the social-distancing requirements.
It could have gone ahead, should have gone ahead but the Met blew it, panicked and then reverted to type by blaming "infiltrators"and, as usual, people swallowed it.
Perhaps the women shouldn't have been there in the first place but, then again, a half-efficient police force made it necessary for women who had had enough to get out onto the streets. Sometimes needs must.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:53 pm

The right to protest doesn’t, or shouldn’t in anything resembling a democracy, exist only when it is safe to do so.

It’s as simple as that.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:57 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:49 pm
It's clear that I can see the issues involving a mass gathering at the moment but the plans put forward were meticulous and covered all the social-distancing requirements.
It could have gone ahead, should have gone ahead but the Met blew it, panicked and then reverted to type by blaming "infiltrators"and, as usual, people swallowed it.
Perhaps the women shouldn't have been there in the first place but, then again, a half-efficient police force made it necessary for women who had had enough to get out onto the streets. Sometimes needs must.
It makes no difference, any sort of organised mass gathering however meticulous is quite frankly an embarrassing p155take, for months now some people have been doing everything by the book complying with every single thing required from them to ensure the effects of the virus are mitigated, it’s insulting to them & poses a far greater danger with the virus not being properly contained, people have died & are still dying nows not the time to go carte Blanche by dropping our guard.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:14 pm
If that person who’s different to you could potentially represent danger to you that’s justified, men do get raped as well as women, a heterosexual man who’s been a victim of a sexual assault carried out by a homosexual man would well be within his rights to be wary of people who could be interpreted as different.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:08 pm

:o

Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:14 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:23 pm
Age is very different to sexuality etc.
They aren't even comparable.

This isn't just about woke though, that's just you trying to shut down the discussion.
Course it’s about pandering to the woke. Organisations being seen to do the ‘right’ thing and being careful to make sure no one gets offended or underrepresented and it’s a slippery slope. Someone can be discriminated against or underrepresented or marginalised due to their age as well as sexuality so very much comparable. One is just more current.

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:18 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:14 pm
Course it’s about pandering to the woke. Organisations being seen to do the ‘right’ thing and being careful to make sure no one gets offended or underrepresented and it’s a slippery slope. Someone can be discriminated against or underrepresented or marginalised due to their age as well as sexuality so very much comparable. One is just more current.
Discrimination on grounds of age and gender are both illegal under the Equality Act. Nothing to do with currency.

And were exactly is this "slippery slope" you seem to think we're on going to end?

Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Yes they are both illegal so it was certainly comparable in my earlier post. Some subjects seem to be constantly in the media at the moment and there is a trend ( current) whilst others don’t. I don’t know where it’s going to end.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:36 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:03 pm
If that person who’s different to you could potentially represent danger to you that’s justified, men do get raped as well as women, a heterosexual man who’s been a victim of a sexual assault carried out by a homosexual man would well be within his rights to be wary of people who could be interpreted as different.
I’d love to experience an hour as you to see how your mind works. Did you do a lot of acid in the 60’s?
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Swizzlestick

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:14 pm
Sigh.

OK, I genuinely can't be arsed arguing with dinosaurs today

TheFamilyCat

Post by TheFamilyCat » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:31 pm
Yes they are both illegal so it was certainly comparable in my earlier post. Some subjects seem to be constantly in the media at the moment and there is a trend ( current) whilst others don’t. I don’t know where it’s going to end.
Maybe, just maybe some forms of discrimination are reported in the media more often because they happen more often.

And maybe they happen more because there are more people who don't think some groups should be treated equally (or even refuse to accept they exist).

You are obsessed with pandering to the woke but this enemy you have been brainwashed into fighting against isn't the problem here.