Kane Penalty

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Re: Kane Penalty

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:46 am

Duffer_ wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:51 am
What's all this nonsense about him not playing the ball to win the corner? There's no Villa touch on the ball - it would have been a goal kick.
I didn't watch the game and only saw the link posted on here and not sure if someone suggested it before me or I assumed he was letting it go for a corner.

Now knowing it was going for a goal kick I can see how Kane had probably seen the rash tackle coming and let the ball go and let the defender foul him.

It means its more clever play from Kane which I can see some people think is cheating but it is still Cash fault for flying in and still a foul and a penalty all day long (even if Kane saw it coming and knew what he was doing)

Duffer_
Been Liked: 792 times
Has Liked: 1353 times

Post by Duffer_ » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:01 am

Yes DA, you weren't the first to assume it was going out for a corner. It is relevant in terms of showing Kane's motivation. His movement towards Cash only makes sense if he is shielding the ball out for a corner. By not playing the ball, which he could easily have done, he is gambling that Cash will foul him and makes that more likely with his movement. In real time I thought it was a bad decision by Kane, possibly even a miscontrol. However, Cash's decision making is even worse and imo Mike Dean rightly awards a penalty.
This user liked this post: Devils_Advocate

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:10 am

Kane is a master of the dark arts that dominate modern day football.

Unlike our own Ashley Barnes who operates the same way, but more clumsily, Kane has a more subtle technique. While Ashley now has a reputation with referees for buying fouls and hotly disputes decisions that don’t go his way, Kane appeals wide eyed at the referee with his best shocked face.

Who’d have thought that Mr. Nice-Guy, the squeaky clean captain of club and Country would indulge in such skulduggery? Not so the referees of England, he’s a National treasure - not like that awful Barnes fellow from Burnley.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 am

Football is a win at all costs game now.

Absolutely no morals or sporting integrity left in the game at all. Compared to other sports it's embarrassing at times
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

corporal jones
Been Liked: 96 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by corporal jones » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:29 am

i cant believe anybody thinls that is not a penalty.

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:31 am

All other sports show on-field respect for the referees, umpires and adjudicators. Football stands out alone as the sport of cheats and the media, the public and the World now accept it as part and parcel of the “sport”.

Much could be learned from the women’s version of football. You don’t see them surrounding referees, diving for free-kicks or adopting the Lacazette style of shrieking bunjee-jumping in an attempt to get opponents penalised.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:14 am

IWOODLOVETT wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:31 am
All other sports show on-field respect for the referees, umpires and adjudicators. Football stands out alone as the sport of cheats and the media, the public and the World now accept it as part and parcel of the “sport”.

Much could be learned from the women’s version of football. You don’t see them surrounding referees, diving for free-kicks or adopting the Lacazette style of shrieking bunjee-jumping in an attempt to get opponents penalised.
Next season perhaps? :?

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:17 am

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:00 pm
He moved into the defenders line to let the ball run for a corner kick, the defender recklessly sliding for no reason won the penalty for Spurs.
The defender was doing his job to block any potential last second cross and was 2-3 feet away, when Kane deliberately jumped into the line.

If anything, obstruction by Kane!

Hibsclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 490 times

Post by Hibsclaret » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:17 am

Definite pen.

As for Jack Grealish in his baby grow..WTF is that ;)

Antmass
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 29 times

Post by Antmass » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:51 am

Watch the defender's run. Straight line. Not towards the man. Absolute cheating. No penalty.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6893 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:01 pm

It’s a clear penalty. Kane tries to back heel the ball onto his right side and keep it in play. The fact that he missed the ball is irrelevant as it was still in play when Cash collided with him. Kane doesn’t even deliberately seek out the contact so no idea why this is being referred to as cheating.

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:08 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:50 pm
it should be a foul on Cash

Hahahahaha what?

It's an absolute blatant penalty, not even debatable thats why non of the Villa players protested.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:14 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:17 am
The defender was doing his job to block any potential last second cross and was 2-3 feet away, when Kane deliberately jumped into the line.

If anything, obstruction by Kane!
This is another ''Lee Grant should've saved that shot that went wide'' moment, quite bizarre. Your hate for Pickford and Kane is ott.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:01 pm
It’s a clear penalty. Kane tries to back heel the ball onto his right side and keep it in play. The fact that he missed the ball is irrelevant as it was still in play when Cash collided with him. Kane doesn’t even deliberately seek out the contact so no idea why this is being referred to as cheating.
Perhaps the way he xcreamed in pain and clutched the wrong part of his leg might give you a clue there. I really wish referees would not be ordered to referee like braindead idiots. I'm sure they can't all believe that players scream because they are hurt; but the all referee as if they do believe. It's really objectionable, and if anyone at the FA was in it for the good of the game rather than for the power and money, they would do something about it.

I would make it a rule for all referees to watch a rugby game or two - league or union - and to have a look at how much the body can take before it causes a man to scream in pain, and also to look at how much effort it takes to cause someone to fall over. I think they might be surprised.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:59 pm

dsr wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:57 pm
Perhaps the way he xcreamed in pain and clutched the wrong part of his leg might give you a clue there. I really wish referees would not be ordered to referee like braindead idiots. I'm sure they can't all believe that players scream because they are hurt; but the all referee as if they do believe. It's really objectionable, and if anyone at the FA was in it for the good of the game rather than for the power and money, they would do something about it.

I would make it a rule for all referees to watch a rugby game or two - league or union - and to have a look at how much the body can take before it causes a man to scream in pain, and also to look at how much effort it takes to cause someone to fall over. I think they might be surprised.
Nobody else has mentioned his scream so that's not why he's been called a cheat.

LaLigaClaret
Been Liked: 191 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by LaLigaClaret » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:21 pm

As soon as I saw the Kane incident I thought it wasn't a penalty, Kane cheated and the ref and VAR would have a 'mare and he would still get a penalty given. It was blatant cheating and there was no way on earth was Kane ever going to do anything with the ball that got him anywhere near or facing the goal. There was no goal scoring opportunity as the ball was only ever going out of play. To all those who think it was a penalty, just reflect on the fact that had it ben Chris Wood, Ashley Barnes, Jayrod or Vids that had happened to there be no penalty given. It was given because it was Harry Kane and that was the only reason.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:23 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:21 pm
As soon as I saw the Kane incident I thought it wasn't a penalty, Kane cheated and the ref and VAR would have a 'mare and he would still get a penalty given. It was blatant cheating and there was no way on earth was Kane ever going to do anything with the ball that got him anywhere near or facing the goal. There was no goal scoring opportunity as the ball was only ever going out of play. To all those who think it was a penalty, just reflect on the fact that had it ben Chris Wood, Ashley Barnes, Jayrod or Vids that had happened to there be no penalty given. It was given because it was Harry Kane and that was the only reason.
Can you explain how he was cheating? Also can you explain what the relevance of him being in a goalscoring position or facing the goal is?

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:30 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:21 pm
What on earth are you talking about? goal scoring opportunity? when has that ever mattered? the defender went flying into a tackle out of control and got nowhere near the ball and hit Kanes ankle.

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:33 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:23 pm
Can you explain how he was cheating? Also can you explain what the relevance of him being in a goalscoring position or facing the goal is?
[/q

I can certainly do so.

Kane knew he was going nowhere with the ball as it was going to go out of play. He saw a challenge had been started and the momentum of that player was going in a continuous direction that was unable to be stopped in attempting to block any attempt at a cross. Kane deliberately and knowingly shifted his weight and stepped into the path of the defending player knowing contact was inevitable. Cheating must definitely. Would any Burnley player got away with doing that. I don't think so. Harry Kane amongst others do it frequently in games and just as frequently get away with it.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:39 pm

LaLigaClaret wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:33 pm
None of what you mentioned is cheating. Even if that’s what he did, which he didn’t. He tried to back heel the ball onto his right foot.

And you’ve not explained how him not being in a goalscoring position has any relevance to the awarding of a penalty.

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:47 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:30 pm
got nowhere near the ball and hit Kanes ankle.
Yet Kane writhed in pain holding his shin. He played for it and made the most of minimal contact (Not convinced 100% there was even contact). In the modern game this is fair and deemed good sportsmanship, in My world it's ruined the game and I can't stand it.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

LaLigaClaret

Post by LaLigaClaret » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:52 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:39 pm
None of what you mentioned is cheating. Even if that’s what he did, which he didn’t. He tried to back heel the ball onto his right foot.

And you’ve not explained how him not being in a goalscoring position has any relevance to the awarding of a penalty.
Its certainly unsportsmanlike but to me its cheating. He did do even if you think he didn't. Kane sought to gain an unfair advantage by acting as if he had been fouled when he instead manipulated the situation to gain a penalty. He knew he couldn't score and that it was that fact that caused him to cheat. There may have been contact, but it was not a deliberate foul to prevent him having a scoring opportunity. I still say he only got the penalty because of who he was.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:55 pm

I think many of the comments are more to do with posters not liking Kane than whether it was a penalty .
There have been so many more dodgy penalties given this season without this reaction.
If that had been a Burnley player instead of Kane I’d have been disappointed if a penalty hadn’t been given.

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:00 pm

The problem of whether it is cheating or not is hard to answer because of the attitude of the FA and PL. Clearly they have instructed referees to give penalties for people who fall over even if there is minimal contact, but not to give penalties for people who don't fall over (apart from one-on-one shirt pulling). This means that in practice the FA is encouraging players to dive, so when they do dive, is it cheating, or is it playing by the rules as officially applied?

It's the same thing with what Kane did. The rulemakers have determined that if a forward puts his foot in the way of a defender's foot, and the forward falls over, then that is (usually) included in the definition of a penalty - presumably it is defined as a trip by the defender. So when Kane does that, is he cheating? Or is he playing to the rules?

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:06 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:14 pm
This is another ''Lee Grant should've saved that shot that went wide'' moment, quite bizarre. Your hate for Pickford and Kane is ott.
I don't hate Harry Kane or Pickford.
As a keeper, Pickford, with age, has his limitations revealed.
Harry Kane is a superb striker and more. Alongside Aguero. However, I don't like cheating in football and he really, really cheated.

Lee Grant....just not as good as Beast, for Burnley.
Better than Gaborrrrrr!

Peter Loo
Been Liked: 135 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by Peter Loo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:46 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:06 pm
I don't hate Harry Kane or Pickford.
As a keeper, Pickford, with age, has his limitations revealed.
Harry Kane is a superb striker and more. Alongside Aguero. However, I don't like cheating in football and he really, really cheated.

Lee Grant....just not as good as Beast, for Burnley.
Better than Gaborrrrrr!
Talking of Harry Kane apparently Harry has visited Christian Eriksen in hospital. 'He's making good progress and managing to string some words together now', said Christian.
These 8 users liked this post: StuffyClaret superdimitri DCWat JohnMac Winstonswhite Zlatan BurnleyFC longhair

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:13 pm

What? Harry Kane has flown over to Copenhagen to see him? That can’t be true.

Peter Loo

Post by Peter Loo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:19 pm

Winstonswhite wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:13 pm
I should have put a smiley winnie, I knew I'd forgotten something :D

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:21 pm

Official statement from the FA

Harry Kane has visited Christian Eriksen in hospital.

“He’s just managing to string a few words together, and partial sentences so he’s making really good progress”, said Eriksen
This user liked this post: Leisure

Peter Loo

Post by Peter Loo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:36 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:21 pm
Official statement from the FA

Harry Kane has visited Christian Eriksen in hospital.

“He’s just managing to string a few words together, and partial sentences so he’s making really good progress”, said Eriksen
Oi stop stealing my jokes (see above), you little devil :D

Devils_Advocate

Post by Devils_Advocate » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:39 pm

Peter Loo wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:36 pm
Oi stop stealing my jokes (see above), you little devil :D
It was good enough to be repeated :)
This user liked this post: Peter Loo

Peter Loo

Post by Peter Loo » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:44 pm

Devils_Advocate wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:39 pm
It was good enough to be repeated :)
Yes a good'un eh ;)

Winstonswhite
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 309 times

Post by Winstonswhite » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:56 pm

Peter Loo wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:19 pm
I should have put a smiley winnie, I knew I'd forgotten something :D
Good one!

That’ll teach me to try and multi task!! 😂

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 698 times

Post by Bigvince » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Winstonswhite wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:13 pm
WHOOOOOOOOSHHHHH!