Season Ticket Question

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Re: Season Ticket Question

Post by Boss Hogg » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:25 am

When it starts becoming a hassle people will start to not bother with it. It’s uncertain how many fans will return as it is. If it wasn’t for the social aspect I might not bother. After the last year it’s fallen down my list of priorities a bit. I can’t imagine many elderly clients dealing with this. The new owners have had time to sort a straight forward ticketing system out. It seems it’s as you were with buffoons running a corner shop mentality and not a multi million pound business.

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1129 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:49 am

May be of interest to other people in “phase two” who want to renew- my Dad emailed the club to let them know he thinks we should get the early bird price given we had a season ticket last time we could watch matches and want one for the next time we can watch matches and received the below nonsense in return:

“ Many thanks for your email.

I appreciate your concerns and your reason for not renewing your season ticket in the midst of the pandemic.

Although we thoroughly appreciate your support, unfortunately as all the communication stated at the time, and what still remains on the website now, we did explain that price freezes would only be guaranteed for those who did renew and kept their money on account for the duration of the current season.

As I’m sure you can appreciate, if we were to grant this along with the several other supporters who are in your position, then this would be unfair on the people who did choose to keep their money with us during the past year, as that was the promise we made to them.

Again, we thank you for your continued support and apologies that we cannot help any further on this matter.

Best wishes,”

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:55 am

daveisaclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:49 am
May be of interest to other people in “phase two” who want to renew- my Dad emailed the club to let them know he thinks we should get the early bird price given we had a season ticket last time we could watch matches and want one for the next time we can watch matches and received the below nonsense in return:

I appreciate your concerns and your reason for not renewing your season ticket in the midst of the pandemic.

Although we thoroughly appreciate your support, unfortunately as all the communication stated at the time, and what still remains on the website now, we did explain that price freezes would only be guaranteed for those who did renew and kept their money on account for the duration of the current season.

As I’m sure you can appreciate, if we were to grant this along with the several other supporters who are in your position, then this would be unfair on the people who did choose to keep their money with us during the past year, as that was the promise we made to them.

Again, we thank you for your continued support and apologies that we cannot help any further on this matter.

Best wishes,”
I have to say I don't understand why they have segregated it. Maybe rewarding those who kept money in the club (which can't argue with) , but given the economic and global situation it does irk me they are effectively penalising those that did not.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3170 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:13 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:

Best wishes,”
Another example of how out of touch the club appear to be.

If they really think that anybody would have any issue with somebody who had a 2019-20 season ticket, but not a 2020-21 ticket, getting the early bird price, then they really don’t have a clue
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:49 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:13 pm
Another example of how out of touch the club appear to be.

If they really think that anybody would have any issue with somebody who had a 2019-20 season ticket, but not a 2020-21 ticket, getting the early bird price, then they really don’t have a clue
I spend a couple of thousand on season tickets each season and I've had at least two season tickets each and every season for 40+ years but if the club put the price up in such a way I feel they are taking the **** then I won't renew any of mine for the first time ever

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:54 pm

the sad thing is that in monetary terms the difference is probably insignificant to the club for the relatively small amount of fans this scenario affects (I cant see it being more than a few hundred supporters at most who decided to not continue paying for the Season Ticket), however for the fans who have been through a lot the past 12 months, those who couldn't commit at the time because of Covid will, out of principle, probably not bother to get another ST which is a shame - like I say, back of a fag packet calculation, its like half a morning salary for one of the first teamers...

...and I say this as someone who wasn't faced with financial worries and I was able to continue paying - I dont think its unfair to me in anyway if someone who wasn't able still gets the chance to renew at the same price as me 12 months back.

But "principles" and all that... :roll:
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 pm

ClaretMov wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:49 pm
if the club put the price up in such a way I feel they are taking the **** then I won't renew any of mine
The thought of putting prices up during a global pandemic, where millions have spent the best part of 12 months on furlough, whilst paying footballers extortionate salaries, quite remarkable, and further evidences the difference between decision makers and the paying public.
Football is no longer a treat over the weekend, it's become a luxury for some.
I bet the price increase (If there is one) won't even cover the salaries being taken out by the new men on the board.

Club for the community my @rse, club who are pricing out and alienating the community more like. :(

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Are there my indicators as to what the non early bird prices might be?

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:16 pm

Awayfromburnley wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:10 pm
Are there my indicators as to what the non early bird prices might be?
My personal opinion is they will be between 30 and 40 quid per seaon ticket increase

dsr
Been Liked: 4548 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:28 pm

daveisaclaret wrote:

Best wishes,”
When, year after year, some paid in full in March while DD payers paid in instalments between a month and a year later, there were no complaintes of "unfair". Does the club seriously believe that if, for one year only, the DD payers pay from April to March while the rest pay in full two months after, there will be shouts of "unfair"?

When they say that "at the time" they said the price freeze would only apply to those who renewed and kept their money on account, they are flat-out lying. Last March, they said that the early bird price window would extend indefinitely, then they shut it without notice and without ever warning people that it was shutting, and especially without giving normal early bird payers the chance to buy or miss out.

I am torn here. Yes, I want to watch BFC as I have done for many years. But No, I don't want to deal with a company who are out to squeeze every penny they can by fair means or foul. I expect BFC to deal fairly, and I don't believe that what they are doing is fair.
These 2 users liked this post: bob77 Brucefanclaret

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:31 pm

This degree of incompetence is spectacular. This is the position - 9,000 people have paid up front for their season tickets. The club knows all their names and addresses. They all have plastic cards that can be re-used next season. And yet they have a backlog of 1,000 emails from people whose renewal has gone awry. How useless is that?
These 3 users liked this post: Spijed Burnley Ace bobinho

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1177 times
Has Liked: 414 times

Post by Darthlaw » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:39 pm

DSR / DavieisaClaret and all those affected by the early renewal fiasco, there's a simple solution (as long as you have some form of matchday or merchandise spend with the club)

The following calculation shows how much you need to reduce your spend, to recoup the 'increase' in the ST for phase 2 renewals (based upon 19 home game PL calendar):

£50 Increase - £2.63 reduction per home game (one pint of beer or a coffee) or one shirt
£100 Increase - £5.26 reduction per home game (pie and a pint) or two shirts.
£150 Increase - One Twix

Personally, I spend a lot as I usually gift a few friends abroad with a home shirt (ironically 3 in the USA), not to mention the matchday spend of a pie and a pint (usually per game) with a half time Bene and Hot during the winter months.

Safe to say, whatever the club increases the prices to 'reward' those who left their money with the club (which I find hilarious, considering I left my £96 ''19/20 refund' with them), I will double the figure and reduce my matchday / merch spend appropriately.

Therefore, whatever the club increases my ticket by, they will lose out to that effect. They increase by £50, I reduce by £100 so theirs is a net loss of £50 from me.

Sure, my mates wont get their shirt and arguably I'm cutting my nose to spite my face, but the club will equally learn the value of that.
This user liked this post: Brucefanclaret

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:43 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:39 pm
DSR / DavieisaClaret and all those affected by the early renewal fiasco, there's a simple solution (as long as you have some form of matchday or merchandise spend with the club)

The following calculation shows how much you need to reduce your spend, to recoup the 'increase' in the ST for phase 2 renewals (based upon 19 home game PL calendar):

£50 Increase - £2.63 reduction per home game (one pint of beer or a coffee) or one shirt
£100 Increase - £5.26 reduction per home game (pie and a pint) or two shirts.
£150 Increase - One Twix

Personally, I spend a lot as I usually gift a few friends abroad with a home shirt (ironically 3 in the USA), not to mention the matchday spend of a pie and a pint (usually per game) with a half time Bene and Hot during the winter months.

Safe to say, whatever the club increases the prices to 'reward' those who left their money with the club (which I find hilarious, considering I left my £96 ''19/20 refund' with them), I will double the figure and reduce my matchday / merch spend appropriately.

Therefore, whatever the club increases my ticket by, they will lose out to that effect. They increase by £50, I reduce by £100 so theirs is a net loss of £50 from me.

Sure, my mates wont get their shirt and arguably I'm cutting my nose to spite my face, but the club will equally learn the value of that.
I don't disagree with your course of action if that make you feel that you're making a point, but how many more will follow you? I would argue not many, and even if it amounted to a few thousand quid per game it would have much effect on the clubs income.... So is it worth it?

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:52 pm

Grumps wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:43 pm
I don't disagree with your course of action if that make you feel that you're making a point, but how many more will follow you? I would argue not many, and even if it amounted to a few thousand quid per game it would have much effect on the clubs income.... So is it worth it?
Frankly I look after my coffers, so to me yes it's worth it. The principle of the clubs open ended 'foreseeable future' fiasco is absolutely worth me withholding my money and treating the club as they are attempting to treat me.

I'm not trying to start a movement here (the clue is in the part where I begin by saying 'Personally'), I'm just suggesting how folk can recoup any increase if they are so inclined.

You never know, folk might be actually more inclined to renew if they thought there was an option to take the hit initially then achieve parity with other fans over the course of the season?

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:57 pm

It wouldn't work for me, I buy my food and drink away from the ground, if they are getting my season ticket money, other businesses can have my match day cash, they'll need it even more now.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:19 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:39 pm
there's a simple solution (as long as you have some form of matchday or merchandise spend with the club)

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12359 times

Post by Leisure » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:34 pm

Further update on Phase 1 Renewals. The Ticket Office will now be open from 10am to 3pm tomorrow (Saturday) but if you haven't yet managed to renew and can't get down tomorrow, at least email them with your details and that will register your intention to renew and guarantee you the Early Bird price.

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:35 pm

Following my earlier comments, I called at the ticket office and while waiting in the sun, a lady came bye carrying bottles of water, offering one to anyone.
I briefly explained my renewal problem, to the young lady in the office. After a quick word with another member of staff, she said everything had now been sorted and I wouldn’t need to worry about going through the same procedure next season, as that won’t happen.
Well done, to all the staff of the ticket office.
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure Downhamclaret

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:33 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:17 am
She's brilliant - she cares about the genuine fans who go into the ticket office and will help them as much as she can.
I thought it was the bottles of gin that always helped me 😳😂

dsr

Post by dsr » Sun May 02, 2021 3:26 pm

This has gone quiet. In two weeks time, up to 6,000 people may want to renew their tickets in a one week window. Isn't it time they told us how, and how much?

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun May 02, 2021 4:11 pm

Not saying it's right, obviously, but still more notice than we got for 'phase 1' (sic).
Last edited by dougcollins on Sun May 02, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun May 02, 2021 4:32 pm

Still can’t renew online.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun May 02, 2021 4:53 pm

Burnley Ace wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:32 pm
Still can’t renew online.
If you're Phase 1 you will now be automatically renewed by the club (unless you notify them that you don't want to renew).

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Sun May 02, 2021 6:42 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:53 pm
If you're Phase 1 you will now be automatically renewed by the club (unless you notify them that you don't want to renew).

Shouldn't this have been the procedure in the first instance? The default position should have been that everyone is automatically renewed, you only have to take action if you don't want to. This is so glaringly obvious I can't believe I'm having to say it.

What a farce.
These 3 users liked this post: Burnley Ace dsr claret54

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Sun May 02, 2021 6:48 pm

I haven't really commented up to now on this but as someone who kept their money on account, I don't like how it feels like the club is using me and other fans who also were able to keep money on account to alienate other fans.

They said they could not guarantee a price freeze for those who took their money out. If the price goes up, don't blame me and others under the guise of fairness - it's the clubs decision still and they never said they would for definite do this.

If they want to offer the same price, surely it's easier to deal with the minority of fans who may be annoyed that they could have had their money back rather than what appears to be a larger number of fans yet to renew. People don't forget.

If the price goes up - this is all on the club and their greed, not some honourable agreement that nobody really had any say in. Stinks for someone who wants the support of the local community. How does this align with the narrative of the club and fans being in it together as the team of underdogs?

Think they just make things up as they go along at times.
This user liked this post: Brucefanclaret

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 651 times
Has Liked: 2879 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun May 02, 2021 7:02 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:53 pm
Thanks for the update!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun May 02, 2021 8:32 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:48 pm
I haven't really commented up to now on this but as someone who kept their money on account, I don't like how it feels like the club is using me and other fans who also were able to keep money on account to alienate other fans.

They said they could not guarantee a price freeze for those who took their money out. If the price goes up, don't blame me and others under the guise of fairness - it's the clubs decision still and they never said they would for definite do this.

If they want to offer the same price, surely it's easier to deal with the minority of fans who may be annoyed that they could have had their money back rather than what appears to be a larger number of fans yet to renew. People don't forget.

If the price goes up - this is all on the club and their greed, not some honourable agreement that nobody really had any say in. Stinks for someone who wants the support of the local community. How does this align with the narrative of the club and fans being in it together as the team of underdogs?

Think they just make things up as they go along at times.
On behalf of the Burnley FC Supporters Groups I carried out a poll on this messageboard and on the Accrington Clarets Facebook page, asking fans who renewed in Phase 1 if they would feel that it was unfair on them if the club also froze prices for Phase 2. The responses were massively in favour of there also being a price freeze for Phase 2. I have sent an email to the club with a copy of all the responses which we received, asking the club to seriously consider the damage that a price increase would have, both on fans and also ultimately the club. We are still awaiting a response.
These 3 users liked this post: bfcjg clarethomer Brucefanclaret

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun May 02, 2021 9:07 pm

dsr wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:26 pm
This has gone quiet. In two weeks time, up to 6,000 people may want to renew their tickets in a one week window. Isn't it time they told us how, and how much?
I'm guessing they want to wait until we're as close to mathematically safe as possible. Wouldn't go down too well putting prices up if we're playing in the Championship!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon May 03, 2021 10:10 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:07 pm
I'm guessing they want to wait until we're as close to mathematically safe as possible.
But we have been for weeks!

clarethomer
Been Liked: 942 times
Has Liked: 410 times

Post by clarethomer » Mon May 03, 2021 12:03 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:32 pm
On behalf of the Burnley FC Supporters Groups I carried out a poll on this messageboard and on the Accrington Clarets Facebook page, asking fans who renewed in Phase 1 if they would feel that it was unfair on them if the club also froze prices for Phase 2. The responses were massively in favour of there also being a price freeze for Phase 2. I have sent an email to the club with a copy of all the responses which we received, asking the club to seriously consider the damage that a price increase would have, both on fans and also ultimately the club. We are still awaiting a response.
The feedback from supporters doesn't surprise me. We all recognise that it's been a tough 13 months so far for many and that has meant having to make decisions that may otherwise not have even been even in anyone's heads up to this point.

The bottom line for me is that whilst I recognise that the club has to increase ticket prices at some point, this is not the time. They are displacing fans for corporate seats, they are trying to pass off that their need to increase is in some way of demonstrating fairness to me and others - what a load of rubbish if you ask me. I would be annoyed if they offered it for less of course but to allow those who can renew before next season should get the same price.

Yesterday at Old Trafford and the ESL for me is showing signs of a movement that fans want owners to listen and remember who makes the club what it is. I'm not suggesting or condoning any action is required by our fans at this stage but I strongly feel that the new board need to manage the next few months with great care.

There is absolutely no need to proceed with any increase unless the real reason is that it's not fairness to you or I that drives this decision but the need to increase revenue to repay the debts that we now have. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

Is there any way we could make our voice is known on Twitter (in a coordinated and respectful way) to Mr. Pace I wonder? - i.e. get a poll on here completed as well as the supporters clubs? Maybe prepare a line for Twitter that people can put out with a # to link the message together?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon May 03, 2021 12:20 pm

clarethomer wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:03 pm
The feedback from supporters doesn't surprise me. We all recognise that it's been a tough 13 months so far for many and that has meant having to make decisions that may otherwise not have even been even in anyone's heads up to this point.

The bottom line for me is that whilst I recognise that the club has to increase ticket prices at some point, this is not the time. They are displacing fans for corporate seats, they are trying to pass off that their need to increase is in some way of demonstrating fairness to me and others - what a load of rubbish if you ask me. I would be annoyed if they offered it for less of course but to allow those who can renew before next season should get the same price.

Yesterday at Old Trafford and the ESL for me is showing signs of a movement that fans want owners to listen and remember who makes the club what it is. I'm not suggesting or condoning any action is required by our fans at this stage but I strongly feel that the new board need to manage the next few months with great care.

There is absolutely no need to proceed with any increase unless the real reason is that it's not fairness to you or I that drives this decision but the need to increase revenue to repay the debts that we now have. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

Is there any way we could make our voice is known on Twitter (in a coordinated and respectful way) to Mr. Pace I wonder? - i.e. get a poll on here completed as well as the supporters clubs? Maybe prepare a line for Twitter that people can put out with a # to link the message together?
Thanks for the comments. I've forward them to the club to add to all the others which we've sent them previously.
This user liked this post: clarethomer

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 03, 2021 2:18 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:32 pm
I don’t think you would have done this Leisure unless you thought you could win so I wish you good fortune .
Last edited by Elizabeth on Mon May 03, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon May 03, 2021 2:24 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:18 pm
I don’t think you would have done this Leisure unless you thought you could win so I wish you good fortune .
No idea whether or not it will have any influence on the final decision by the club but we do feel strongly that a price increase now would not be in the best interest of the fans or the club. It will potentially lose the club fans and money.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 03, 2021 2:27 pm

They say the person who wins is the person who thinks they can win

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Mon May 03, 2021 2:59 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:27 pm
They say the person who wins is the person who thinks they can win
Hopefully!

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon May 03, 2021 3:25 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:18 pm
I'm not so sure Leisure thinks he could win it or not, it's the role of dealing with ticketing issues on behalf of Burnley FC Supporters Groups and it has sort of snowballed on him. All I'll say is that I'm the treasurer of Burnley FC Supporters Groups and I'm delighted we are not having to pay Leisure by the hour given how much time he's devoted to this.
This user liked this post: the_magic_rat

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm

The new owners will have the " the first thing they did was put ticket prices up " tag if they dont see sense, and that will take a lot of shaking off.

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:25 pm
I'm not so sure Leisure thinks he could win it or not, it's the role of dealing with ticketing issues on behalf of Burnley FC Supporters Groups and it has sort of snowballed on him. All I'll say is that I'm the treasurer of Burnley FC Supporters Groups and I'm delighted we are not having to pay Leisure by the hour given how much time he's devoted to this.
Ask the club if they’ll reward him with a free season ticket for his efforts!

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon May 03, 2021 5:12 pm

djemba-djemba wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:39 pm
Ask the club if they’ll reward him with a free season ticket for his efforts!
If there's a free season ticket on offer then it goes in the kitty, and as I've said, I'm the treasurer. :D
This user liked this post: Leisure

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed May 05, 2021 12:53 pm

The closing date for buying season tickets in phase 2 is now 18 days away, and the last day of the 18 is a Sunday so internet-only with no club support. They are in danger of losing a lot of ticket holders here.

I can only assume that phase 2 will have to be extended and phase 3 delayed. I can't see how they can process the 6,000 non-DD ticket holders (or that proportion that want to renew) in the time, especially bearing in mind they have to do it within the constraints of a new computer system. They don't have a gap period between phase 2 and phase 3 like they did between phase 1 and phase 2, so at midnight, a fortnight on Sunday, anyone who hasn't negotiated the system to renew in phase 2 will lose their seat.

steve1264b
Been Liked: 160 times

Post by steve1264b » Wed May 05, 2021 1:12 pm

I pay up front, not by DD.

I left my money in so no price increase.

I feel a price increase for those who pay by DD but stopped or those who pay up front but sales were suspended before they could pay would be a massive own goal.
This user liked this post: Leisure

beddie
Been Liked: 1380 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Wed May 05, 2021 1:17 pm

I'm a bit confused, can somone just clarify for me. When there's talk of phase 2 in 18 days is that period for current season ticket holders that haven't yet renewed to renew or is that for complete new season ticket purchases. Thanks.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed May 05, 2021 1:42 pm

beddie wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 1:17 pm
I'm a bit confused, can somone just clarify for me. When there's talk of phase 2 in 18 days is that period for current season ticket holders that haven't yet renewed to renew or is that for complete new season ticket purchases. Thanks.
Phase 2 is for previous ST holders who either didn't renew before the Early Bird deadline last April and those who did renew but then either requested a refund if they'd paid upfront or stopped their DD and claimed a refund. It's due to start on Monday 17th May and end on Sunday the 23rd. Completely new ST applications are scheduled to start on Monday 24th. May. However, I understand that more information on this will be released this week.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed May 05, 2021 1:47 pm

dsr wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:53 pm
The closing date for buying season tickets in phase 2 is now 18 days away, and the last day of the 18 is a Sunday so internet-only with no club support. They are in danger of losing a lot of ticket holders here.

I can only assume that phase 2 will have to be extended and phase 3 delayed. I can't see how they can process the 6,000 non-DD ticket holders (or that proportion that want to renew) in the time, especially bearing in mind they have to do it within the constraints of a new computer system. They don't have a gap period between phase 2 and phase 3 like they did between phase 1 and phase 2, so at midnight, a fortnight on Sunday, anyone who hasn't negotiated the system to renew in phase 2 will lose their seat.
Those 6000 may be offered some form of DD option (it would obviously have to be less than 12 payments, possibly 10 and/or 4) but the club haven't yet announced anything.

beddie
Been Liked: 1380 times
Has Liked: 511 times

Post by beddie » Wed May 05, 2021 2:05 pm

Leisure. As ever, thank you very much for explaining that. Our problem is that having had three brilliant seats in JHL block 6 on the back row we just can't find any suitable ones as replacement despite the clubs best effort. We are hopeful that if some seats are not renewed in phase 2 we might then have a better choice. Thanks again for all you are doing.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed May 05, 2021 2:18 pm

beddie wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 2:05 pm
Leisure. As ever, thank you very much for explaining that. Our problem is that having had three brilliant seats in JHL block 6 on the back row we just can't find any suitable ones as replacement despite the clubs best effort. We are hopeful that if some seats are not renewed in phase 2 we might then have a better choice. Thanks again for all you are doing.
No problem. I'd be surprised if more seats don't become available for you to choose from after Phase 2 has ended, especially if a price increase is applied to those renewers! Hope you get sorted OK.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Wed May 05, 2021 2:49 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:25 pm
Trying to add some positivity Tony
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

Whitgord
Been Liked: 250 times
Has Liked: 678 times

Post by Whitgord » Wed May 05, 2021 7:00 pm

Thank you Leisure for all your hard work. Posts such as the most recent ones above are really clear and informative. I wish the club’s announcements were so well explained.
This user liked this post: beddie

SouthLondonexile
Been Liked: 84 times
Has Liked: 247 times

Post by SouthLondonexile » Thu May 06, 2021 10:08 am

Time for a moritorium.
Let’s stop the bickering and unease.
This feels like the Poll Tax all over again
Here’s my suggestion those in Phase 2 pay the same price for their season tickets as those who were in Phase 1.
Those supporters in Phase 2 have after all on the whole many years of investment to BFC in emotional as well as financial support.
As a footnote: I wish to thank the club’s SLO Anita for her help in resolving my application for season ticket renewal.
Please BFC in future keep all online notices and / or procedures straightforward and keep to a clear timetable.

Terrybfc
Been Liked: 20 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Terrybfc » Fri May 07, 2021 5:42 pm

Confirmed no price increase for phase two.

I think all of us in phase two owe leisure and CT a huge thank you for their tireless work over the past months regarding this matter
These 4 users liked this post: dsr Zlatan Conroysleftfoot Brucefanclaret