Turf Moor and Cricket Ground SOLD

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
jsclaret
Been Liked: 10 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: Turf Moor and Cricket Ground SOLD

Post by jsclaret » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:10 pm

As Chester Perry said above someone could always buy the shares and change the Articles of Association again!
My Dad, who has passed away, is on the shareholders list, or at least someone with the same name, and my great uncle who died in the 1960s and was closely associated with the cricket club.
Just a thought - would a similar list be available for for the football club? Perhaps some people may be able to stake a claim for some of the "lost" shares on the register.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3157 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:16 pm

jsclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:10 pm
As Chester Perry said above someone could always buy the shares and change the Articles of Association again!
My Dad, who has passed away, is on the shareholders list, or at least someone with the same name, and my great uncle who died in the 1960s and was closely associated with the cricket club.
Just a thought - would a similar list be available for for the football club? Perhaps some people may be able to stake a claim for some of the "lost" shares on the register.
there is, but the club is owned by a holding company now and most of the shares in that are owned by ALK's subsidiaries

What was startling about the Cricket club shareholders list was how many shares were owned by the executors of deceased, it is just so far out of date that is probably impossible now to get a true list of owners (or at least an expensive and lengthy exercise), and therefore very difficult for someone to get enough shares to change the articles

aggi
Been Liked: 2119 times

Post by aggi » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:11 pm

jsclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:10 pm
This is the out of date version for the football club
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing (original is on Companies House but not searchable)

Saying that, the minor shareholders will be the same, it's only the large ones who have sold shares.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32529 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:06 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:51 am
I know a lot of the names on that list of shareholders but a good number of them who are not showing as deceased have passed away. There are 21 people listed who I knew personally who are now no longer with us, and some of them for some years.
When I said I had known 21 of the cricket club shareholders who have now passed away - make that 22, saw it in the Burnley Express death notices.