we need to need sean dyche.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Re: we need to need sean dyche.

Post by ewanrob » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:58 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:35 pm
Also by selling commercial, endorsement and association rights and increasing sponsorship. Broadening the merchandise sales rights - I know United and City turned Birthdays (cards) outlets into shop outlets in the 90’s. We tried in Accrington while in Division 4 (I think), but certainly lover league, but now we are in the Premiership and have a potential world wide market. Not that I’m saying any would immediately bring in the figures needed, these are just off the top of my head and have the potential to grow into major markets (by our standards). We clearly see that the club are broadening out into e-sports and the women’s game to offer the complete package... I would expect the commercial department to be very active in perusing that....
Selling talent, lets be clear what talent we have has been purchased from lower leagues for nothing money...this is no longer feasible given the prices down there. Yes I know we have DM...but is there really anything coming thru right now that we can hope to get decent money from.

I really hope we havent got new owners, who now they have got hold of a club...are finding its not as easy as their business plan might have alluded to.

And someone answer me this, given MG seemed happy enough for the new owners to borrow against the club...why on earth did he never do that to give us a fighting chance in the transfer market.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:10 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:46 pm
But in raising the clubs profile, the key element remains the FIRST team... a buzz needs to be created to stimulate all the other opportunities, we cannot claim that as a solid Premiership team lodged like a rock in biannual relegation flirtations. I’m pretty sure the board have factored in investment in players to their initial plan, after all Burnley’s potential lies mainly in speculation to create the market position for expansion... and the horse needs to fit to pull the cart.
It goes back to the original point of where is the sum of money going to come from to sign 2-3 players for the first team.

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2009 times
Has Liked: 2903 times

Post by elwaclaret » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:19 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:58 pm
Selling talent, lets be clear what talent we have has been purchased from lower leagues for nothing money...this is no longer feasible given the prices down there. Yes I know we have DM...but is there really anything coming thru right now that we can hope to get decent money from.

I really hope we havent got new owners, who now they have got hold of a club...are finding its not as easy as their business plan might have alluded to.

And someone answer me this, given MG seemed happy enough for the new owners to borrow against the club...why on earth did he never do that to give us a fighting chance in the transfer market.
SD remains in control of playing staff that much we know, or have been told; but I would be amazed if our recruiting team does not know a lot more about the American talent than they did six months ago. Obviously we do not know the full impact of COVID on plans but I would not be surprised if a ‘top talent’ does not arrive from the states in the summer and that if allowed a couple of pre season games across the Atlantic... Salt Lake Would seem a likely friend to work with stateside (even if no formal relationship is established)... but Burnley are presumably looking for U.S. distributors and so Mutually beneficial tie-ups plans will also being investigated, I have little doubt.

Finally Mike Garlick, knew he could not bankroll what was needed to push the club forward again and so borrowing massively was a far greater gamble and without the other pieces also being into place, far more dangerous. He needed help, and while the thoughts are his staying on was a temporary arrangement, it may not have been, and Garlick might consider that his chunk could swell massively with a couple of years being run by new minds.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Claret_tinted
Been Liked: 43 times
Has Liked: 69 times

Post by Claret_tinted » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:27 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:58 am
He is a fantastic manager, but it comes down to a few things for me.
1. He is so tied to the 442 formation, at the elite level you can’t just play one system and expect to be a success. He’s been at Burnley for a long time and had significant funds in that time, yet he has not developed the tactical side of his management.

4-4-2 is pragmatic with the personnel he has and is able to recruit. His recruitment is limited by the club, regardless of funds available.

2. He has been very successful at man management with a group of players that are known to be good characters, however he also has a reputation for not dealing with certain character particularly well. Bamford and Gibson jump to mind straight away. I think Dyche would struggle to deal with the egos of elite players and especially there agents.

Bamford was finding out about the wonders of the men's game outside the pampered academy environment, and north of the M25. Having an entourage, making playing demands, belittling experienced pro's and having an aura of self entitlement is not the best way to endear yourself to your teammates. I think when Bamford reflects on his time he may well appreciate his time at BFC as formative to his later successes.

Gibson didn't want to be sold, he went because the club and his uncle needed the money. I don't blame Dyche for his alleged diva behaviour. In fact I think Dyche has managed it well and ensured a return for the club.

3. I think Dyche actually works better with less money. Let’s be honest when he has been given funds the signings have not been a success (apart from wood). Gibson, Vydra, Brownhill, Brady, Hendrick all purchased for big sums (for this club) and none of them have particularly been a success. Not failures but not successes either.

Gibson aside, they have all played or are playing a part in maintaining BFC in the Premier League. Is that not the end goal?

4. Dyche prefers tried and tested players, most of the top clubs develop young talent and incorporate them into the squad (I am aware top managers want top players also, but highlighting all the top 6 clubs currently have academy products in the first team) He is done it more so this season, but let’s be honest if the first team players were fit they wouldn’t even be on the bench.

I think its well documented that the Academy was a mess, Dyche has embraced this problem head on and has been involved in building up the academy to Cat 1 status. You cannot compare a top 6 academy to ours. We are very much punching above our current weight in this regard.

I come back to the fact that Dyche is charged with maintaining our Premier League status. That's it. Therefore, he is choosing the most pragmatic path of least resistance. That is his job.

Dyche very well might move on and be a success but I don’t see any big club going for him based on the above points.
Only time will tell.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:34 pm

The one good thing to learn from this thread is with having a bunch of players nobody would want, having a manager who is tactically poor and no chance of signing decent players we should be spared the meltdowns on the back of a defeat surely ? With just those 3 factors alone it would be impossible to win games in this division let alone stay up year after year.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1571 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:45 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:34 pm
The one good thing to learn from this thread is with having a bunch of players nobody would want, having a manager who is tactically poor and no chance of signing decent players we should be spared the meltdowns on the back of a defeat surely ? With just those 3 factors alone it would be impossible to win games in this division let alone stay up year after year.
I just think people are more realistic of where we stand. Currently we are relegation candidate, with the above 3 factors being a reason why. (However I don’t think anyone is saying Dyche is bad manager, just that he is not an elite manager)

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4180 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:55 pm

realistic :D

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:18 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:55 pm
realistic :D
Delusion :D :D :D

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:34 pm

elwaclaret wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:19 pm
SD remains in control of playing staff that much we know, or have been told; but I would be amazed if our recruiting team does not know a lot more about the American talent than they did six months ago. Obviously we do not know the full impact of COVID on plans but I would not be surprised if a ‘top talent’ does not arrive from the states in the summer and that if allowed a couple of pre season games across the Atlantic... Salt Lake Would seem a likely friend to work with stateside (even if no formal relationship is established)... but Burnley are presumably looking for U.S. distributors and so Mutually beneficial tie-ups plans will also being investigated, I have little doubt.

Finally Mike Garlick, knew he could not bankroll what was needed to push the club forward again and so borrowing massively was a far greater gamble and without the other pieces also being into place, far more dangerous. He needed help, and while the thoughts are his staying on was a temporary arrangement, it may not have been, and Garlick might consider that his chunk could swell massively with a couple of years being run by new minds.
Well I suppose my answer to the borrowing, is what is in place now that makes it less of a gamble...we've owners with no real personal wealth.