Liverpool game - Claiming tickets and ground entry

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
mealdeal
Been Liked: 81 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: Liverpool game - ticketing preparation

Post by mealdeal » Thu May 13, 2021 8:27 pm

claret wizard wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:08 pm
I reckon no one will get in anyway, this Indian variant is going to delay us opening back up. You heard it here first.
Nonsense, all that is over and done with.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3793 times
Has Liked: 12492 times

Post by Leisure » Thu May 13, 2021 8:29 pm

cricketfieldclarets wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:03 pm
Phone calls bombarding them about receiving notifications on their account they were succesful and people hearing the same and querying why they hadn’t been.
You would have thought that nobody should have been able to find out if they were successful until they received the email, so not sure why info. was being shown on people's Purchase History.
This user liked this post: Loyalclaret

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Thu May 13, 2021 8:31 pm

Loyalclaret wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:53 pm
If you get a ticket, your group should all get a ticket. I mentioned the others in my F & F do not have the SSO yet. It was suggested it would be OK as I could access mine, guess I/you could print all three off.
There are just two in my F&F and we each have this odd successful entry on our account

So I guess even if you applied for more than one on just yr account each of your F&F will get a notification for one

I suspect emails will come tomorrow to the main applicant

Patience needed

cricketfieldclarets
Been Liked: 8585 times
Has Liked: 11285 times

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 13, 2021 8:36 pm

Leisure wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:29 pm
You would have thought that nobody should have been able to find out if they were successful until they received the email, so not sure why info. was being shown on people's Purchase History.
Precisely

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Thu May 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Down_Rover wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:31 pm
There are just two in my F&F and we each have this odd successful entry on our account

So I guess even if you applied for more than one on just yr account each of your F&F will get a notification for one

I suspect emails will come tomorrow to the main applicant

Patience needed
Why is it odd?

Acting Claret
Been Liked: 97 times
Has Liked: 87 times

Post by Acting Claret » Thu May 13, 2021 8:58 pm

I have clicked resend email and have been successful. I too have the 1999 date, presume it’s some sort of oversight.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3188 times
Has Liked: 1869 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Thu May 13, 2021 9:06 pm

mealdeal wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:27 pm
Nonsense, all that is over and done with.
Don’t be so sure.

Cases in Blackburn with Darwen are starting to rise agsin and they are third highest in England
This user liked this post: Steve1956

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Thu May 13, 2021 9:33 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:06 pm
Don’t be so sure.

Cases in Blackburn with Darwen are starting to rise agsin and they are third highest in England
Cases that don’t lead to hospitalisation and death (at a higher than acceptable rate) aren’t a reason to lockdown again.

Nothings certain. But assuming vaccines are effective against all variants (and nothing to suggest they won’t be) then we will be fine n

mealdeal
Been Liked: 81 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mealdeal » Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:06 pm
Don’t be so sure.

So what? The hospitals are empty, no one is seriously ill and the vulnerable are vaccinated. No one said people wouldn't get mildly poorly which is what it amounts to.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6384 times
Has Liked: 8727 times

Post by IanMcL » Thu May 13, 2021 10:35 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:35 pm
I've just now received an email from the club telling me my application for Liverpool has been successful but for just one ticket and I'd ordered three.

The email is dated 31st December 1999
Was it enjoyable?

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1749 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Thu May 13, 2021 10:46 pm

Enjoy the game lads, but it sounds like you’d be better having a lie down in a dark room to recover from the stress of the ballot process.
This user liked this post: Duffer_

Funkydrummer
Been Liked: 2974 times
Has Liked: 2075 times

Post by Funkydrummer » Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 pm

It's a good job that the club has sorted the website out and it made it simpler, otherwise this
process would have been a nightmare !!!!!!

How the hell do you send emails dated 1999 ? Beggars belief really.

The Hung Juror
Been Liked: 108 times
Has Liked: 130 times

Post by The Hung Juror » Fri May 14, 2021 8:32 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:35 pm
I've just now received an email from the club telling me my application for Liverpool has been successful but for just one ticket and I'd ordered three.

The email is dated 31st December 1999
ClaretTony wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:39 pm
One of them doesn't have an email address
Yes, I'm in the same boat. It says I've been successful and I've received an email, but I applied for 3.

My 2 kids haven't got email address and they're accounts have not been updated to the new site.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 14, 2021 9:33 am

The Hung Juror wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:32 am
Yes, I'm in the same boat. It says I've been successful and I've received an email, but I applied for 3.

My 2 kids haven't got email address and they're accounts have not been updated to the new site.
Have you tried to update them?

Leisure

Re: Liverpool game - ballot update

Post by Leisure » Fri May 14, 2021 10:25 am

Burnley vs Liverpool: Ballot Update

May 14, 2021

Everything you need to know about the Liverpool match ballot

The ballot for Liverpool tickets has now closed.

Thank you to all supporters who entered the ballot, which will see up to 3,500 Burnley supporters return to Turf Moor for the Premier League game next Wednesday.

Over 5,000 supporters requested tickets, and the following system will now be used to allocate seats.

Should you have been successful in the ballot, you will receive an email to your registered account by 5pm Friday.

This will outline more details on how you can process your e-ticket(s) online. These will be available online at (tickets.burnleyfc.com)[http://tickets.burnleyfc.com] from Sunday 16th May at 8:15pm..

When you claim your tickets, you will also need to complete a mandatory health questionnaire which will be part of the online process.

Additional links to the new match code of conduct form will also be available ahead of your arrival at Turf Moor.

Supporters will have until 8:15pm on Tuesday 18th May to claim their tickets online.

Please note: paper tickets are not being used for this fixture. You will therefore need to produce your e-ticket at Turf Moor on Wednesday evening.

Seats will be automatically allocated in the ballot, with any successful group tickets through Friends and Family sitting in close proximity to each other.

Registered disabled supporters who usually sit in the accessible stands will receive a successful email. This will advise how to supply the matchday accessibility team with additional information about their needs.

Registered disabled supporters who usually sit in general admission seats will also receive a successful email, but will need to ensure that they have advised us of the details of their personal assistant in their application, or email our Supporter Liaison Officer, Anita Goodenough, on slo@burnleyfc.com to confirm who will attend with them.

All supporters attending the game will be asked to arrive at a dedicated time slot, to stagger the entrance prior to kick off.

Please note, there will be no concession kiosks open at Turf Moor, but there will be food provision externally around the vicinity of the stadium.

The Clarets Store will be open until 8.15pm, and a printed matchday programme will be available to purchase from the store on matchday.

Once inside the stadium, supporters must head straight to their allocated seats and wear face masks.

At the end of the game, the manager, players and staff will embark on a traditional, end of season lap of appreciation.

Down_Rover

Post by Down_Rover » Fri May 14, 2021 10:36 am

The Hung Juror wrote:

If you login as your children you can edit their profile to include yr email address

Then go into their purchase history and click on the successful notification

then click resend email

Down_Rover

Post by Down_Rover » Fri May 14, 2021 10:39 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:39 pm
One of them doesn't have an email address
If they edit their profile to include yr email address and then click resend email you will get it

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri May 14, 2021 10:44 am

The Clarets Store will be open until 8.15pm, and a printed matchday programme will be available to purchase from the store on matchday.
So they’ve only done a printed programme for the first and last game of the season?

That makes sense

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32528 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:44 am
So they’ve only done a printed programme for the first and last game of the season?

That makes sense
I was told a couple of weeks ago that they might be doing one. What a shame we opted to follow Man City & Leicester I’m not doing programmes. Even worse I suppose is that Southampton printed them until end of Feb and then stopped.

The other 16 clubs should be applauded for continuing to provide a programme service.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri May 14, 2021 10:53 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 am
I was told a couple of weeks ago that they might be doing one. What a shame we opted to follow Man City & Leicester I’m not doing programmes. Even worse I suppose is that Southampton printed them until end of Feb and then stopped.

The other 16 clubs should be applauded for continuing to provide a programme service.
I can understand them doing one as they know people are attending, but maybe not everyone will purchase one so how many would they print?

Their argument was that it wasn’t worth the printing run, but I’m sure they would have had more than 3,500 take up a “subscription” for each programme

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32528 times
Has Liked: 5276 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 14, 2021 10:57 am

wilks_bfc wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:53 am
I can understand them doing one as they know people are attending, but maybe not everyone will purchase one so how many would they print?

Their argument was that it wasn’t worth the printing run, but I’m sure they would have had more than 3,500 take up a “subscription” for each programme
I’ll never accept that argument.

Oldparkwood
Been Liked: 127 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Oldparkwood » Fri May 14, 2021 11:07 am

Is it time for me to stop pressing send and receive on my emails or is there still a glimmer of hope???
This user liked this post: cricketfieldclarets

Little_britton
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Little_britton » Fri May 14, 2021 12:32 pm

The Hung Juror wrote:

Does it follow that because you have one your kids automatically get one?

Same with Tony, just because he has one shouldn't mean the other 2 get one each?

If that is the case then the first say 1200 picked out will take up the 3500 tickets/seats available.

I've heard stories about multiple entries on certain accounts because the system was hard to get round, be interesting to know if those applicants got a job lot of tickets?

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Post by ClaretAL » Fri May 14, 2021 12:41 pm

According to the club www. there were 5000 entries, it does seem the 1500 that have missed out seems to be either a lot smaller than the amount of people saying they haven't got a ticket, of which I am one so it will be the pub for me and my son.

wilks_bfc

Post by wilks_bfc » Fri May 14, 2021 12:47 pm

Little_britton wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:32 pm

Same with Tony, just because he has one shouldn't mean the other 2 get one each?

If that is the case then the first say 1200 picked out will take up the 3500 tickets/seats available.

I've heard stories about multiple entries on certain accounts because the system was hard to get round, be interesting to know if those applicants got a job lot of tickets?
They said that if you apply into the ballot as a group then it would be the whole group that would be successful or not

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 14, 2021 12:50 pm

Little_britton wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:32 pm

For anyone who applied for multiple tickets (up to 6) through their Friends and Family, it's either you all get them or none. And it's only 1 ticket per season ticket, so not sure how anyone can have applied multiple times?
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Fri May 14, 2021 12:56 pm

Boris and Whitty to hold a press conference at 5 regarding the Indian strain which seems to be concentrated to Blackburn, Bolton and Merseyside.

Oh well was a nice thought, see you next season

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3603 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Fri May 14, 2021 1:11 pm

I cannot see Boris talking tonight halting this game, not at all. New strains will come all of the time, until it has been proven to be able to evade vaccines I do not see why it should halt the opening up of anything.

From what is being reported it may be as transmissible or slightly more than the Kent variant, and that's about it. Surely we all knew the virus was going to continue to exist after the vaccination rollout? It's just that if you get it (and have taken your vaccine) you are far more likely to only have a very mild illness, if any (not to mention being less likely to pass it on due to the fact that vaccines reduce transmission when you are carrying the virus).

The people who have opted not to have a vaccination for no discernible reason other than believing moron's like Laurence Fox or wearing tin hats with 'I BELIEVE' posters on their walls may well get ill however, but that is the risk they are choosing to take and should not affect the opening up of anything.

Sorry, don't mean to turn this into yet another Covid thread so back to the game - I haven't been successful but it's luck of the draw, so that's fair enough as far as I am concerned. I hope everyone who got a ticket has a great time and I look forward to being back for the first Friendly match we have at Turf Moor ahead of the new season - when I hope we can all go together.
This user liked this post: Grumps

Inchy
Been Liked: 1340 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by Inchy » Fri May 14, 2021 1:16 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:11 pm
I cannot see Boris talking tonight halting this game, not at all. New strains will come all of the time, until it has been proven to be able to evade vaccines I do not see why it should halt the opening up of anything.

From what is being reported it may be as transmissible or slightly more than the Kent variant, and that's about it. Surely we all knew the virus was going to continue to exist after the vaccination rollout? It's just that if you get it (and have taken your vaccine) you are far more likely to only have a very mild illness, if any (not to mention being less likely to pass it on due to the fact that vaccines reduce transmission when you are carrying the virus).

The people who have opted not to have a vaccination for no discernible reason other than believing moron's like Laurence Fox or wearing tin hats with 'I BELIEVE' posters on their walls may well get ill however, but that is the risk they are choosing to take and should not affect the opening up of anything.

Sorry, don't mean to turn this into yet another Covid thread so back to the game - I haven't been successful but it's luck of the draw, so that's fair enough as far as I am concerned. I hope everyone who got a ticket has a great time and I look forward to being back for the first Friendly match we have at Turf Moor ahead of the new season - when I hope we can all go together.

Boris said yesterday we may need local lockdowns to control the Indian variant, then today he announces a press conference. I don’t know what the hospitalisation rate is like

rufus lumley
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 7 times

Post by rufus lumley » Fri May 14, 2021 1:17 pm

It will be BBC 2 then for pointless !

martin_p
Been Liked: 3767 times
Has Liked: 696 times

Post by martin_p » Fri May 14, 2021 1:21 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:11 pm
High rates of infection make mutations more likely which in turn make a vaccine proof variant more likely, that’s why they want to keep the numbers down. However, any announcement tonight is more likely to be about surge vaccination in the affected areas.

UTCSte
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by UTCSte » Fri May 14, 2021 1:38 pm

Leisure wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:50 pm
For anyone who applied for multiple tickets (up to 6) through their Friends and Family, it's either you all get them or none. And it's only 1 ticket per season ticket, so not sure how anyone can have applied multiple times?
Applied through my own season ticket time for 1 ticket. 1st ballot entry.

Later that same this time applied on behalf of my parents (2 tickets) 2nd ballot entry.

Day later, applied for a ticket on my son’s season ticket. 1 ticket. Another separate ballot entry (3rd)

Zlatan
Been Liked: 2229 times
Has Liked: 5739 times

Post by Zlatan » Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm

UTCSte wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:38 pm

Later that same this time applied on behalf of my parents (2 tickets) 2nd ballot entry.

Day later, applied for a ticket on my son’s season ticket. 1 ticket. Another separate ballot entry (3rd)
so, how many tickets have you been granted?

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri May 14, 2021 1:42 pm

UTCSte wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:38 pm

I wouldn’t bet on getting into the ground using your parents or son’s tickets.

775claret
Been Liked: 31 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by 775claret » Fri May 14, 2021 1:42 pm

Inchy wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:16 pm
Boris said yesterday we may need local lockdowns to control the Indian variant, then today he announces a press conference. I don’t know what the hospitalisation rate is like
Royal Blackburn Hospital currently has less than 5 Covid patients. At the peak of the pandemic they had 400+.

We need to remember why lockdown was introduced. It wasn't to stop people getting ill. It was to stop the NHS being overwhelmed.
These 2 users liked this post: cricketfieldclarets Grumps

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri May 14, 2021 1:50 pm

So 5,000 applications. 3,500 tickets available.

I’ve applied with one other party.

The other two on my account have applied as individuals.

None of us have been succesful (to my knowledge). The odds of that seem very unlikely.

However while I hope we do get lucky. And disappointing if we don’t. This was the only way to do it realistically. Hope all those who do get on have a great time of it and make a difference in backing the team and stopping Liverpool’s top four surge.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri May 14, 2021 1:57 pm

Fri May 14, 2021 1:50 pm
So 5,000 applications. 3,500 tickets available.

I’ve applied with one other party.

The other two on my account have applied as individuals.

None of us have been succesful (to my knowledge). The odds of that seem very unlikely.

However while I hope we do get lucky. And disappointing if we don’t. This was the only way to do it realistically. Hope all those who do get on have a great time of it and make a difference in backing the team and stopping Liverpool’s top four surge.
The odds of none of you getting a ticket are about 1 in 3, so not that unlikely.

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 pm

Apologies if I’ve missed this, but if there is 5,000 applicants for the ballot, I’ve applied for 3 on my application with F&F, is that one application from the 5,000 or 3?
No one I know has been successful which I find rather odd if only around 1,500 have missed out, I’d expect at least one or two of my friends to have been successful.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri May 14, 2021 2:06 pm

buzzclarets79 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 pm
Apologies if I’ve missed this, but if there is 5,000 applicants for the ballot, I’ve applied for 3 on my application with F&F, is that one application from the 5,000 or 3?
No one I know has been successful which I find rather odd if only around 1,500 have missed out, I’d expect at least one or two of my friends to have been successful.
The update on the official website said that over 5000 supporters had applied for tickets, that implies your application is 3 of that (over) 5000.
This user liked this post: buzzclarets79

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 2004 times
Has Liked: 3346 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Fri May 14, 2021 2:16 pm

I've got nothing either, so I assume I must fall into the minority who have been unlucky. It will finish well after me bedtime anyway!!

Targetman
Been Liked: 506 times
Has Liked: 47 times

Post by Targetman » Fri May 14, 2021 2:22 pm

Didn't it also say that anyone who made more than 1 application in the ballot would have all their applications cancelled.
Or did I dream that??

FeedTheArf
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by FeedTheArf » Fri May 14, 2021 2:26 pm

I've got 'successful' showing on my purchase history, but still no official e-mail to confirm it. I've done the re-send option to get the 1999 e-mail, but have others had something different??

UTCSte
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by UTCSte » Fri May 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Zlatan wrote:
    Fri May 14, 2021 1:40 pm
    so, how many tickets have you been granted?
    None.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 pm

FeedTheArf wrote:
    Fri May 14, 2021 2:26 pm
    I've got 'successful' showing on my purchase history, but still no official e-mail to confirm it. I've done the re-send option to get the 1999 e-mail, but have others had something different??
    I’d wait until after 5pm before you worry.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri May 14, 2021 3:01 pm

martin_p wrote:
    Fri May 14, 2021 1:57 pm
    The odds of none of you getting a ticket are about 1 in 3, so not that unlikely.
    5,000 / 3500 = 1.4. And thats if everyone just applied for 1.

martin_p

Post by martin_p » Fri May 14, 2021 3:13 pm

Fri May 14, 2021 3:01 pm
    5,000 / 3500 = 1.4. And thats if everyone just applied for 1.
    So your chance of getting a ticket was 140%? No wonder you’re surprised!

lakedistrictclaret
    Been Liked: 524 times
    Has Liked: 186 times

Post by lakedistrictclaret » Fri May 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Looks like I've missed out.

Doesn't matter as it happens. I've got my annual endoscopy next Friday and I have to have a Covid swab test on Tuesday, after which I have to isolate.

cricketfieldclarets

Post by cricketfieldclarets » Fri May 14, 2021 3:16 pm

martin_p wrote:
    Fri May 14, 2021 3:13 pm
    So your chance of getting a ticket was 140%? No wonder you’re surprised!
    No. my odds of getting a ticket if every individual applied for one ticket each was over 70%.
    This user liked this post: Leisure

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 14, 2021 3:30 pm

martin_p wrote:
    Fri May 14, 2021 1:57 pm
    2 in 3 or as near as damn it. 2 x 1750 = 3500 / 3 x 1750 = 5250.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 14, 2021 3:31 pm

Has anyone received a confirmation email today yet?