Leicester v Newcastle

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1259 times
Has Liked: 1368 times

Re: Leicester v Newcastle

Post by Elizabeth » Fri May 07, 2021 10:29 pm

Hope you don’t have to go to bed soon taio because when riley digs his heels in it’s a long night

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6947 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by Rileybobs » Fri May 07, 2021 10:32 pm

taio wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:26 pm
I'm pointing out that you quoted a few words just to create an argument when there isn't one to be had because there's no chance Newcastle will go down. It's pedantry and its worst.
I didn’t try to create an argument. Tiger posts a lot on here and I’ve never seen him argue with anybody, so that would be futile. Having not watched the game and reading through the thread I expected to see Newcastle mathematically safe. So when I looked at the league table and saw that they can be caught by goal difference, I pointed out that they’re not definitely safe.

If you choose to interpret my post in a different way then that’s up to you.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5070 times
Has Liked: 6841 times

Post by bfcjg » Fri May 07, 2021 10:35 pm

If we dont sign some players with genuine pace it really is a pathetic dereliction of duty by Pace and if the funds are available the blame lies with the recruitment policy.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Fri May 07, 2021 10:38 pm

For someone who has been predicting Newcastle would be relegated for months riley and for someone who always wants to be right it’s inconceivable that you haven’t been following the game or looking at the league table
Yeh, course you thought Newcastle had beaten Leicester 10-0 and were mathematically safe

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri May 07, 2021 10:42 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:38 pm
For someone who has been predicting Newcastle would be relegated for months riley and for someone who always wants to be right it’s inconceivable that you haven’t been following the game or looking at the league table
Yet I’m the one looking for arguments...

I’ve never once thought, never mind predicted that Newcastle would be relegated this season. It’s quite simple to use the search function to prove where I did though.

I followed the last 15 minutes of the game on this thread, and looked at the league table after the game. That’s the honest truth. As with taio, if you want to think otherwise that’s your choice. But whether you like me or not I don’t have a track record of lying.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Fri May 07, 2021 10:52 pm

You are always worth reading riley because you make some very good points on some subjects . The fact remains though that you love confrontation and frequently pick arguments to satisfy your need for confrontation.
You don’t lie but there is evidence from your posts in recent months that you have thought Newcastle would be relegated

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri May 07, 2021 10:57 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:52 pm
You are always worth reading riley because you make some very good points on some subjects . The fact remains though that you love confrontation and frequently pick arguments to satisfy your need for confrontation.
You don’t lie but there is evidence from your posts in recent months that have thought Newcastle would be relegated
I wouldn’t say that I love confrontation. I just find it more worthwhile engaging with people on points that I disagree on, because that makes for a discussion. Rather than quoting someone and saying ‘I agree’. That’s what the like button is for.

You seem to pick quite a few arguments with me on here, not the other way round. Quite why you and taio felt the need to jump in to argue with my point that Newcastle aren’t mathematically safe, whilst acknowledging that they aren’t is just odd. Particularly as you’re both accusing me of being argumentative for the sake of it. Pretty hypocritical isn’t it.

There isn’t any evidence that I thought Newcastle would be relegated or I’m sure you’d have found and posted it.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Fri May 07, 2021 11:06 pm

You had an argument with another poster about this issue of Newcastle and relegation a short while ago and during that argument the other poster quoted you , yet you still argued you hadn’t implied it. The quotes that poster put up clearly showed you have argued for a long time that you thought Newcastle were as good as down . So you see why I don’t bother with your line of argument with me.
You get very personal with many posters without stepping over the line , you post using words like ‘ idiots’ without calling them directly .
As I say it’s a shame because you are capable of putting up good arguments

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri May 07, 2021 11:19 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:06 pm
You had an argument with another poster about this issue of Newcastle and relegation a short while ago and during that argument the other poster quoted you , yet you still argued you hadn’t implied it. The quotes that poster put up clearly showed you have argued for a long time that you thought Newcastle were as good as down . So you see why I don’t bother with your line of argument with me.
You get very personal with many posters without stepping over the line , you post using terms like ‘ idiots’ without calling them directly .
As I say it’s a shame because you are capable of putting up good arguments
Seriously, why are you making things up about me? Another poster, Jakub, said that I predicted Newcastle to go down. He didn’t post anything to prove that. He made it up, like you did. I think this probably goes back to when Steve1956 said that Newcastle weren’t in the relegation mix. I challenged this as they were on a shocking run, and lo and behold about 10 games later they were favourites for the drop. So they were clearly in the mix. At no point did I think, or predict that they would be relegated.

As for your second lie, I’ve just done a search of my posts using the keyword ‘idiot’. And of the 8940 posts (depressing I know) that I’ve made on this forum I’ve only used that word 2 times. And on both occasions I was saying that it was wrong to call someone who has flown during the covid pandemic an idiot or a chav.

So whilst you may be correct that I can be argumentative on here, I’m going to dig my heels in when people, like you, start making up bare faced lies about me.

Do you know what a hypocrite you look like when you call me out for being argumentative and personal whilst being exactly that towards me? All for an innocent and factually correct message that I sent to another poster.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 pm

You’re either very stubborn in your views or a troll.
Now you normally end by calling me Ringo ,someone pretending to be an old woman or something else insulting . Amuse me with a new one tonight.

Your majesty

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Fri May 07, 2021 11:41 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 pm
You’re either very stubborn in your views or a troll.
Now you normally end by calling me Ringo ,someone pretending to be an old woman or something else insulting . Amuse me with a new one tonight.

Your majesty
If your sole intention is to try and bait me then I’d prefer it if you would please just leave me alone. In the unlikely event that you want to actually have a discussion about something with me then by all means go ahead. Otherwise please just stop stalking me around the forum and stop making up lies about me. Sincere request. Thanks.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3084 times
Has Liked: 3805 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri May 07, 2021 11:54 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:32 pm
Tiger posts a lot on here and I’ve never seen him argue with anybody
I’ll join in the Tiger appreciation:

Great poster is Tiger. Always enjoy his contribution and he’s very reliable at setting up the “Today’s Footy” threads :D

dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Post by dsr » Sat May 08, 2021 12:01 am

It's important to remember that Newcastle aren't definitely safe. Also it isn't definite that the sun will rise tomorrow, it isn't definite that the Pope is a Christian.

Bear in mind that even if Newcastle win another game, they still won't be definitely safe, even if they are mathematically safe. They could still get points deductions for unregistered players, for example.
This user liked this post: Elizabeth

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 08, 2021 12:14 am

dsr wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:01 am
It's important to remember that Newcastle aren't definitely safe. Also it isn't definite that the sun will rise tomorrow, it isn't definite that the Pope is a Christian.

Bear in mind that even if Newcastle win another game, they still won't be definitely safe, even if they are mathematically safe. They could still get points deductions for unregistered players, for example.
The curious thing is that a number of people think that we’re not ‘definitely’ safe. Which is true. But for us to get relegated we would need to lose every game and Fulham to win 3 games. For Newcastle to get relegated would require them to lose every game and Fulham to win 4 games. There are other teams between Newcastle and Fulham that come into the equation but probably not if the above came to pass.

There’s really not a lot of difference between the two scenarios. So whilst it’s almost unthinkable that either team will get relegated, I’m sure both sets of fans will feel more comfortably when they are mathematically (definitely) safe.
Last edited by Rileybobs on Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sat May 08, 2021 12:20 am

I get that . I never feel safe crossing the road on green until I’m on the other side and haven’t been hit by that lorry 100 yards away. You never know it’s brakes might fail and I might stumble accidentally and be unable to get up in time

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 08, 2021 12:27 am

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:20 am
I get that . I never feel safe crossing the road on green until I’m on the other side and haven’t been hit by that lorry 100 yards away. You never know it’s brakes might fail and I might stumble accidentally and be unable to get up in time
Not sure why that’s directed towards me as I’ve felt certain for weeks that we won’t be relegated. My point above is that it would take almost as unlikely series of results for us to be relegated as it would for Newcastle to be relegated.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Sat May 08, 2021 12:34 am

It’s not . I’m carrying on the spirit of dsr’s post

box_of_frogs
Been Liked: 1087 times
Has Liked: 996 times

Post by box_of_frogs » Sat May 08, 2021 11:33 am

dsr wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:01 am
Also it isn't definite that the sun will rise tomorrow,
That’s not true. The sun will continue to rise for a couple more billion years until it swells and destroys the Earth.

AfloatinClaret
Been Liked: 559 times
Has Liked: 1400 times

Post by AfloatinClaret » Sat May 08, 2021 11:44 am

tiger76 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:31 pm
...Newcastle look a different beast now ASM and Wilson have returned, it just shows how vital key players being fit are particularly for the clubs with smaller squads.
Hence our own moderate position throughout the season, we've been playing throughout against a backdrop of those points which we missed out on due to a weakened squad at the very beginning; hey ho, at least it's kept the bed-wetters entertained.

ecc
Been Liked: 1407 times
Has Liked: 1278 times

Post by ecc » Sat May 08, 2021 12:22 pm

There are some people on here who make me think of Alex Ferguson's quote concerning Dennis Wise.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1693 times
Has Liked: 788 times

Post by warksclaret » Sat May 08, 2021 12:31 pm

Had we made the basic signings in the last two windows combined (you can't take the last one in isolation), we would be comfortably mid table, with the likes of Palace and Wolves. The additional revenue per additional finishing position in the PL would have gone some way in funding these costs and probably taken some of the presure off the next window.. Before people say that you cannot assume extra bodies means extra points, we have played the majority of games with no recognised right sided winger. On the few occasions Brady or JBG have been fit its been like playing with 10 men. I can count the number of decent crosses put over by this pair over the 20/21 season on less than both hands. Its unforgiveable and goes back to Hendricks being shoe horned into this position

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3148 times
Has Liked: 10236 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Sat May 08, 2021 1:36 pm

Hendricks....

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6477 times
Has Liked: 2908 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:25 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:19 pm
Seriously, why are you making things up about me? Another poster, Jakub, said that I predicted Newcastle to go down. He didn’t post anything to prove that. He made it up, like you did. I think this probably goes back to when Steve1956 said that Newcastle weren’t in the relegation mix. I challenged this as they were on a shocking run, and lo and behold about 10 games later they were favourites for the drop. So they were clearly in the mix. At no point did I think, or predict that they would be relegated.

As for your second lie, I’ve just done a search of my posts using the keyword ‘idiot’. And of the 8940 posts (depressing I know) that I’ve made on this forum I’ve only used that word 2 times. And on both occasions I was saying that it was wrong to call someone who has flown during the covid pandemic an idiot or a chav.

So whilst you may be correct that I can be argumentative on here, I’m going to dig my heels in when people, like you, start making up bare faced lies about me.

Do you know what a hypocrite you look like when you call me out for being argumentative and personal whilst being exactly that towards me? All for an innocent and factually correct message that I sent to another poster.
At no point this season were Newcastle in a relegation battle,only three clubs have been in a relegation battle since just before Christmas....Sheffield Utd....West Brom and Fulham.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sat May 08, 2021 2:29 pm

Steve1956 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:25 pm
At no point this season were Newcastle in a relegation battle,only three clubs have been in a relegation battle since just before Christmas....Sheffield Utd....West Brom and Fulham.
You know that’s not true though. Of course they were in a relegation battle at one point this season. The bookmakers had them as shorter odds for the drop than Fulham.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Certain posters were steadfastly adamant that Newcastle would be relegated when going thru the sh1t patch a few months ago, the more reasoned posters differed from that viewpoint.

dsr
Been Liked: 4569 times
Has Liked: 2259 times

Post by dsr » Sat May 08, 2021 11:37 pm

box_of_frogs wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:33 am
That’s not true. The sun will continue to rise for a couple more billion years until it swells and destroys the Earth.
It is predicted that the earth will continue to rotate and the sun will continue to shine for a couple of billion years. But it isn't definite. It may be that the sun has already exploded sometime in the last 8 minutes, or that the earth will be hit by an unseen asteroid, so hard that it will disrupt its rotation (or destroy it completely).

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1183 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun May 09, 2021 10:45 am

Elizabeth wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:52 pm
You don’t lie but there is evidence from your posts in recent months that you have thought Newcastle would be relegated
Exactly, so much angst & animosity emerged from my observation, for weeks & weeks I was insisting & fighting Newcastle’s corner that the geordies would be home & hosed in the final reckoning, months ago it was incredibly difficult to hold that viewpoint & get taken seriously, the bookies odds are religiously absorbed by some but sometimes the odds do get changed to attract more bets when the chips are down but the bookies aren’t daft & factor in the circumstances are almost guaranteed to change when favourable things change.