Summer 2021 Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Window Rumours - Links - Discussion

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:58 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:54 pm
Soucek cost around £18m! Coufal was around £5m but signed for West Ham at 28 years old so not a great deal of difference to Albrighton.
Great business. Transformed West Ham in my opinion.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6970 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:02 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:58 pm
Great business. Transformed West Ham in my opinion.
Yeah he’s been a great signing. But that would break our transfer record and he had spend his whole career in the Czech league. Hence me saying that players of Albrighton’s proven quality who are significantly younger are out of our price bracket. And for every Soucek I could name an unproven import who bombs.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Giorgio Chiellini is 36 yet still looks a very good player at that age.
This user liked this post: Taffy on the wing

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:04 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:02 pm
Yeah he’s been a great signing. But that would break our transfer record and he had spend his whole career in the Czech league. Hence me saying that players of Albrighton’s proven quality who are significantly younger are out of our price bracket. And for every Soucek I could name an unproven import who bombs.
True, but we've had our share of expensive flops.

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:15 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:03 pm
Were talking bottom of the barrel players not elite.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:22 pm

CFS wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:15 pm
Were talking bottom of the barrel players not elite.
The point is that 30+ for a modern footballer is nothing in this day and age.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:26 pm

Spijed wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:22 pm
The point is that 30+ for a modern footballer is nothing in this day and age.
I don’t agree, we have signed a number of players over 30 since we have been in the premier league. I honestly don’t think a single one has been a worth while investment apart from Pieters.

All in they have probably cost close 50-60m in fees an wages.

Albrighton reminds me of Walters. Decent premier league player, nothing spectacular. Coming towards the end of his career. Will probably feature a handful of times before his inevitable transition to the bench.

Would be a useful player to have in the squad but shouldn’t be starting.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:37 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:26 pm
I don’t agree, we have signed a number of players over 30 since we have been in the premier league. I honestly don’t think a single one has been a worth while investment apart from Pieters.

Albrighton reminds me of Walters. Decent premier league player, nothing spectacular. Coming towards the end of his career. Will probably feature a handful of times before his inevitable transition to the bench.

Worthwhile investments when they are part of a squad that comfortably maintains top flight football year on year. Albrighton is hardly coming to the end of his career at 31.
This user liked this post: BertiesBeehole

Ric_C
Been Liked: 752 times
Has Liked: 122 times

Post by Ric_C » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:52 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

Same age as Ben Mee, Jack Cork and Westwood. Are they not still crucial to us?

Bardsley is 36, has he been a flop over the last few years?

Joey Barton was a master signing for us, and was older than 31 when we signed him.

If you have looked after yourself like he has, then a three year deal for a 31 year old premier league and FA Cup winner is an absolute no brainer of a signing in my book. Added to that, he has all the attributes, (and by all accounts attitude) to fit into our style and ethos like a glove.

I do agree we need more youth, but if Albrighton is available, then we need to get him.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11061 times
Has Liked: 5665 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:19 am

Spijed wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:03 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

End of argument

elwaclaret
Been Liked: 2017 times
Has Liked: 2914 times

Post by elwaclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:34 am

I can only think People who argue against signings over 30 really do not fully understand everything that has to develop and come together to make a complete footballer. Was Giggs a better winger when no one could physically catch him or when they just couldn’t take the ball off him?

Experience is a vital part of any top player, the more the better. It’s why midfielders tend to play on so long in Europe if they stay fit, because what they lose in the legs they more than make up for in the head.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1186 times
Has Liked: 780 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:14 am

elwaclaret wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:34 am
I can only think People who argue against signings over 30 really do not fully understand everything that has to develop and come together to make a complete footballer. Was Giggs a better winger when no one could physically catch him or when they just couldn’t take the ball off him?

Experience is a vital part of any top player, the more the better. It’s why midfielders tend to play on so long in Europe if they stay fit, because what they lose in the legs they more than make up for in the head.
Because it’s the longitivtiy going forwards, plenty of good players are past 30 but the value overall doesn’t represent the same attraction as somebody young with the potential to improve, ultimately it’s the length of time which is more preferable some people understand fully but want/desire something more sustainable, longer the better even with resale when invested you keep the continuity going.

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1031 times
Has Liked: 3193 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:34 am

Jeez..........thought something had happened, just more bickering....SAD.
This user liked this post: Juan Tanamera

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:11 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

You're looking at it the wrong way quite simply.

We sold Vokes for £7-10 million and got 6 mths of Peter Crouch, we gained financially at the end of it and by quite a bit as we also stayed up, despite the bed wetting on here at the time with the usual claims that Dyche was clueless etc.
Bardsley and Pieters have been cracking signings for us, but their continued efforts etc means we don't have to rush around this summer for back up fullbacks, that can be moved to next summer whilst we look at other areas in the squad.

Walters - just unlucky with that injury, but Albrighton has PL and FA cup winners medals, more than Walters ever got, so hardly what you'd call an unspectacular career.

You're also ignoring what Dyche wants from these older players and that's what they bring to the dressing room in regards to experience, attitude etc.
He's always been very clear about having harmony and stability in the dressing room and all of his older signings reflect that.

Same when we had Paul Robinson here, it was for his experience, he could pass on his knowledge etc to the younger lads, calming influence in the dressing room.

It isn't just about what they cost us in wages, it's what they've helped in regards to the dressing room atmosphere at the club, which ultimately helps the club to stay in the PL and the financial rewards that brings.

During Dyche's tenure here there have been numerous claims that Dyche has lost the dressing room, usually when we are going through a tough patch, but not once has there ever been anything said in the media, or on social media by current or former players about unrest here.

The likes of Trippier and Defour have said the atmosphere here is great and they really enjoyed their time here working with Dyche.

Pretty sure David Jones returned here to help maintain his fitness levels after leaving Sheff Wed and we still have Brady here I think, to help him return to fitness.

Dyche picks lads with good attitudes and it's paid off dividends.
These 3 users liked this post: WiscoClaret Zom Zom BertiesBeehole

WiscoClaret
Been Liked: 42 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by WiscoClaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:03 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:11 am

We sold Vokes for £7-10 million and got 6 mths of Peter Crouch, we gained financially at the end of it and by quite a bit as we also stayed up, despite the bed wetting on here at the time with the usual claims that Dyche was clueless etc.
Bardsley and Pieters have been cracking signings for us, but their continued efforts etc means we don't have to rush around this summer for back up fullbacks, that can be moved to next summer whilst we look at other areas in the squad.

Walters - just unlucky with that injury, but Albrighton has PL and FA cup winners medals, more than Walters ever got, so hardly what you'd call an unspectacular career.

You're also ignoring what Dyche wants from these older players and that's what they bring to the dressing room in regards to experience, attitude etc.
He's always been very clear about having harmony and stability in the dressing room and all of his older signings reflect that.

Same when we had Paul Robinson here, it was for his experience, he could pass on his knowledge etc to the younger lads, calming influence in the dressing room.

It isn't just about what they cost us in wages, it's what they've helped in regards to the dressing room atmosphere at the club, which ultimately helps the club to stay in the PL and the financial rewards that brings.

During Dyche's tenure here there have been numerous claims that Dyche has lost the dressing room, usually when we are going through a tough patch, but not once has there ever been anything said in the media, or on social media by current or former players about unrest here.

The likes of Trippier and Defour have said the atmosphere here is great and they really enjoyed their time here working with Dyche.

Pretty sure David Jones returned here to help maintain his fitness levels after leaving Sheff Wed and we still have Brady here I think, to help him return to fitness.

Yes! Only thing I’ll add is Bamford and Gibson. Those are really the only players who insinuated there were issues. However, I believe that may be more down to their temperament rather than Dyches.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

CFS

Post by CFS » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:18 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:51 pm
What is it about the lad from Barca that we would do with?
Started 3 games, 25 appearances from the bench, averages 30 mins a game.

His stats below.

https://www.infogol.net/en/player/trinc%C3%A3o/49059
So let's dismiss the fact the kid actually played for Barcelona ignoring his talent and sign Albrighton who runs a bit. Footballers are allowed to do more than just run around working hard it's the bare minimum anyway.

CFS

Post by CFS » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:20 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:11 am

I get you on that and harmony is all good and well however with the return of fans and as the moaning gets louder because of our horrendous style of play. Harmony won't keep dyche ina job quality young players with talent will.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:53 am

CFS wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:20 am
I get you on that and harmony is all good and well however with the return of fans and as the moaning gets louder because of our horrendous style of play. Harmony won't keep dyche ina job quality young players with talent will.
What on earth are you on about?

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:58 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:53 am
What on earth are you on about?
I think he's suggesting we go out and spunk £60 million on two 23 year old unproven wingers on £150,000 a week each and peace, goodwill and harmony will reign at Turf Moor forever and ever. Amen!

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:05 am

BenWickes wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:58 am
I think he's suggesting we go out and spunk £60 million on two 23 year old unproven wingers on £150,000 a week each and peace, goodwill and harmony will reign at Turf Moor forever and ever. Amen!
I don’t think anyone is suggesting that at all.

I think they are pretty fair comments about Albrighton. He’s a good player but he’s approaching the end of his career. As are many others in our squad. Some fans mocked palaces rebuild this summer. We are going to have the oldest squad in the prem this season with over 7-8 of them out of contract next year.

For me Albrighton is a cheap short term fix that our previous owners got slaughtered for.

I would take Albrighton but I think we need to start getting in starting eleven young players.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:19 am

I think it’s great that we’re at least trying to sign players of the calibre of Albrighton. Way beyond our usual standards

Zom Zom
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 917 times

Post by Zom Zom » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:30 am

I can’t see why anyone would have an issue with this potential transfer. Even if only a short term fix it will help buy time for us to concentrate on rebuilding areas that we were unable to strengthen in the last few windows.

I think he would go straight into the starting line up and essentially lift some of the responsibility from McNeil’s shoulders. Dwight could really benefit from his experience.

It’s a great indication of our intentions. Fingers crossed this happens.

leightonjameslegend
Been Liked: 104 times
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by leightonjameslegend » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:44 am

It really does amaze me that a player who has won the premier league, is a constant performer for a club higher up than ourselves is deemed not good enough! So what he is 31, as others have said our rebuild will be a mix of younger and more established players. Collins was a great start, Albrighton would be a top signing and an upgrade. That said Rodgers doesn't sound like he wants to let him go.
He made 42 appearances in all competitions last season, scoring two goals and providing seven assists during the campaign.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:52 am

Some serious nonsense being spouted about players and their age, but then some seem to live their life looking for anything negative.

Apparently we should also be expecting at least 50m for Dwight, then the same poster who claims this thinks we should be looking into signing Daniel James for probably around 25m. The reason he is valued twice as much as James is due to their ages (seriously :D one is 23 and one is 21) plus their stats.

Last 2 full seasons

James 6 goals and 7 assists in 3188 minutes (35.5 games)

McNeil 4 goals and 12 assists in 6407 minutes (71 games)

The idea that players as soon as they hit 30 are done is very weird

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:04 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:52 am
Some serious nonsense being spouted about players and their age, but then some seem to live their life looking for anything negative.

Apparently we should also be expecting at least 50m for Dwight, then the same poster who claims this thinks we should be looking into signing Daniel James for probably around 25m. The reason he is valued twice as much as James is due to their ages (seriously :D one is 23 and one is 21) plus their stats.

Last 2 full seasons

James 6 goals and 7 assists in 3188 minutes (35.5 games)

McNeil 4 goals and 12 assists in 6407 minutes (71 games)

The idea that players as soon as they hit 30 are done is very weird
Can you please requote where the idea exists specifically that players hitting 30 are done, thanks, the reason I’m asking is because I’ve not read any posts from any posters suggesting that players are done when reaching 30 years of age. I’m suggesting you are making things up to strengthen your viewpoint.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:06 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:04 am
Can you please requote where the idea exists specifically that players hitting 30 are done, thanks, the reason I’m asking is because I’ve not read any posts from any posters suggesting that players are done when reaching 30 years of age. I’m suggesting you are making things up to strengthen your viewpoint.
jakub its not even and 9am and I have had 1 coffee, I won't be doing anything for you
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

onewillieirvine
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 97 times

Post by onewillieirvine » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:21 am

All this Albrighton speculation, just seems to me to be an agent looking for a contract extension at Leicester. I'd be surprised if we could land him.

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:21 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:05 am
I would take Albrighton but I think we need to start getting in starting eleven young players.
As has been said previously we just cannot afford young, first team ready signings. As soon as they come on the market we are stuffed on fee and salary by every other club in the PL. If you are inferring we sign them from abroad that won’t happen because SD knows nothing about their character and whether they would disrupt our squad mentality. Leave it to the man he’s rarely let us down.

BenWickes
Been Liked: 645 times
Has Liked: 470 times

Post by BenWickes » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:25 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:05 am

For me Albrighton is a cheap short term fix that our previous owners got slaughtered for.
He won't come that cheap and is a marked improvement on the type of 30+ player the previous board would have been able to sanction. We've been scouring the likes of Stoke City for 30 somethings on free's and minimal spends. Not suggesting they haven't been good signings on the whole but players of the calibre of Young and Albrighton can't be put in the same category.
Besides. Who's to say we aren't in the market for younger players as well? We made an early statement of intent with Collins signing and there were several Premier League clubs sniffing around him, including the likes of Man Utd.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:27 am

minnieclaret wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:21 am
As has been said previously we just cannot afford young, first team ready signings. As soon as they come on the market we are stuffed on fee and salary by every other club in the PL. If you are inferring we sign them from abroad that won’t happen because SD knows nothing about their character and whether they would disrupt our squad mentality. Leave it to the man he’s rarely let us down.
You have made some great points. I think we should sign Albrighton but only if we are signing are younger winger that we can bed in. Just my opinion but surely the age of our squad is going to catch up with us, also the pure number of people out of contract next season.

As you said I also trust Dyche to make the right decision, if that is signing Albrighton to start every week then fair enough.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3116 times
Has Liked: 3837 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:29 am

onewillieirvine wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:21 am
All this Albrighton speculation, just seems to me to be an agent looking for a contract extension at Leicester. I'd be surprised if we could land him.
Likewise. Will be amazed if anything comes of it.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:34 am

CFS wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:18 am
So let's dismiss the fact the kid actually played for Barcelona ignoring his talent and sign Albrighton who runs a bit. Footballers are allowed to do more than just run around working hard it's the bare minimum anyway.
He's played a total of 9 full games...that's the part you're ignoring and now he's out the door

So what is it about him you've seen in his 30 mins on average per game that makes him a must sign?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:35 am

CFS wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:20 am
Harmony has helped keep the club up, got the club into Europe and delivered some fantastic results over the years.

Maybe you're the issue, not what Dyche does.

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:50 am

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:29 am
Likewise. Will be amazed if anything comes of it.
Becoming all too familiar a story. I rather we operated under the radar like the Collins acquisition. Get the business done before other clubs alerted . Look at Ashley Young-in the end at least 3 clubs trying to get him. Having said that Albrightson would be very welcomed to our club by me

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:52 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:34 am
He's played a total of 9 full games...that's the part you're ignoring and now he's out the door

So what is it about him you've seen in his 30 mins on average per game that makes him a must sign?
Not saying he is a world beater or anything, but for a 21 year old lad to feature 28 times for Barcelona last season he must have quality.

I would argue if you want a comparison on how he would perform for teams like us, then look at his time at Braga.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Post by superdimitri » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:57 am

It's good to be realistic, we aren't going to be able to attract, let alone afford players better than him. We can get players unproven at this level like Collins but can probably only afford 1 or 2 and we have a fair few numbers to make up to make sure our squad is deep enough.

Let's worry about the future after we're prepared for next season. Right now I'm worried about next season and I'd much rather trust a player like Alrbrighton than another Collins who may not turn out to be good enough.

After we have some good depth then we can look to the future.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:08 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:52 am
Not saying he is a world beater or anything, but for a 21 year old lad to feature 28 times for Barcelona last season he must have quality.

I would argue if you want a comparison on how he would perform for teams like us, then look at his time at Braga.
830 ish mins, 25 appearances from the bench though.
Barca in need of a massive overhaul, for the €31 million they paid just last summer, you'd think they'd want to try him for a bit longer.

Hedontplayforyou
Been Liked: 547 times
Has Liked: 51 times

Post by Hedontplayforyou » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:11 am

This would be a great singing as long as we sign a younger one to learn from him I’ll be more than happy.

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3606 times
Has Liked: 1033 times

Post by jedi_master » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:14 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

Martin Braithwaite played 42 times for Barcelona last season...

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:17 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:08 am
830 ish mins, 25 appearances from the bench though.
Barca in need of a massive overhaul, for the €31 million they paid just last summer, you'd think they'd want to try him for a bit longer.
True it’s crazy how quickly they have let him go, however they are in a dire financial position.
I still think he is/will be a fantastic signing for wolves. 8 goals and 6 assists for Braga in 27 games.
At 21 years old the rumoured 25m is probably not bad.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:20 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

I remember Bojan playing over 100 games for Barcelona before moving on at a young age. He is currently turning out for Montreal Impact. Just because he played for Barcelona doesn't necessarily mean he is good.

minnieclaret
Been Liked: 2012 times
Has Liked: 2287 times

Post by minnieclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:24 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Not this shambles of a Barca. They are picking up the best of the OOCs and clearing the decks of talent, now down to €23m for Coutinho, just to keep Messi.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:25 am

gandhisflipflop wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:20 am
I remember Bojan playing over 100 games for Barcelona before moving on at a young age. He is currently turning out for Montreal Impact. Just because he played for Barcelona doesn't necessarily mean he is good.
He looked half decent at Stoke if I remember rightly.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:26 am

minnieclaret wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:24 am
Not this shambles of a Barca. They are picking up the best of the OOCs and clearing the decks of talent, now down to €23m for Coutinho, just to keep Messi.
They can't even manage to pick up the best OOC, they lost Wijnaldum to PSG as they offered better wages :lol:

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:47 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:06 am
jakub its not even and 9am and I have had 1 coffee, I won't be doing anything for you
You crack on with as many coffees as you like & take as long as you need, because you are looking for something which hasn’t been posted, it’s something only which is in your imagination.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:50 am

There has to be a sense of realism to our transfer targets, and arguing with a realistic one with a fantasy one is just daft
This user liked this post: Mattster

burnley007
Been Liked: 641 times
Has Liked: 674 times

Post by burnley007 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:59 am

How much would Albrighton actually cost? £5m? £10m?

There's literally no point discussing whether he'd be worth it until we know how much it's costing! If he's £5m it's an absolutely brilliant signing...£10m+ and it's getting a bit ropey....
Also, what wages will he be on?

Proven player, sounds like a good lad, would fit right in at Barnfield, what's not to like?

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:13 am

Some posters on here need a reality check regarding incoming transfers. I suspect they will be few and far between and maybe more incomings geared to the U-23. Personally any prospect of Allbrightson arriving I would clutch with both hands. A number are writing him off because of age. If he was to come , if he contributed as much to our club as Bardsley and Pieters have, I will be well pleased. Both were older when they signed for us
This user liked this post: burnley007

dandeclaret
Been Liked: 2604 times
Has Liked: 301 times

Post by dandeclaret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:27 am

Imagine.... as John Lennon once sang....... Imagine a world of balance, where you could have A solid spine of the team, and younger players dropped in to progress. Imagine a world where those players are Michael Keane, James Tarkowki, Dwight McNeill, Nick Pope and to a lesser extent Chris Wood and Ben Gibson.

Imagine a world where the first signing this summer was a 20 year old centre half full of potential, and the 2nd signing was a 31 year old proven premier league quality winger, with a bit of pace, and fantastic delivery, to provide quality in an area of the team that is short.

Imagine, if balance brought progress, imagine if you'd seen that progress over the last 8 years. Imagine that eh?
These 2 users liked this post: fatboy47 taio

blake's wand
Been Liked: 54 times

Post by blake's wand » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:41 am

Our signings are always going to be 'meh' on the face of it. We are shopping for undervalued, hidden gems, that are being overlooked by everyone else. The 'least risky' end of the undervalued market for us, is going to be those that are slightly older but come with bags of experience.

Can't think of any 'older' signings that haven't worked apart from Stephens.