Dyche to sign new contract !

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Re: Dyche to sign new contract !

Post by Jakubclaret » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:29 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:12 pm
Speculate, could slight possibility 🤷‍♂️
I’ve always maintained I think SD will stay & I still do, I don’t see Palace raising the compensation or dyche wanting the job, if you look back at the thread it was 1 poster saying some people thought dyche would go & another poster saying he hadn’t heard of any such thing, I just reinforced what the first poster said about some people thinking dyche would leave, albeit the voice of 1 palace fan but others will think the same, the longer this drags out more people will start doubting & subscribe to the possibility dyche could leave.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 836 times
Has Liked: 574 times

Post by jojomk1 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:44 pm

Whether SD gets offered another club or stays, just don't see him signing any new contract with us until the window has closed or some of his preferred players are in the building

He will want to see actions more than words from Mr Pace

And that includes "new" money as he won't want to sell Tarks until cover has been brought in first

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:31 pm

I can't see him being too happy about an increased buy-out clause, would make him less attractive to some clubs who may be interested.

bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

Post by bfcjg » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:33 am

Not happy with this situation. I am beginning to think SD is waiting for a job offer, if none materialises he will sign,Wolves,Everton,Spurs don't want him, Palace would appear to prefer a more expansive manager hence Nuno, now Cooper etc. This is damaging recruitment, the board won't sanction spending in case Dyche doesn't sign and a new manager fancies different signings, Dyche won't sign until money is spent, something has to give first so IMHO either sign now or resign to see who will employ you and your staff on current or improved terms and let us move forward. I really do want SD to sign but how much longer do we wait ? We are better then someone's second or third choice, SD should realise so is he and sign his contract now.
Last edited by bfcjg on Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:34 am

bfcjg wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:33 am
Not happy with this situation. I am beginning to think SD is waiting for a job offer, if none materialises wecwill sign,Wolves,Everton,Spurs don't want him, Palace would appear to prefer a more expansive manager hence Nuno, now Cooper etc. This is damaging recruitment, the board won't sanction spending in case Dyche doesn't sign and a new manager fancies different signings, Dyche won't sign until money is spent, something has to give first so IMHO either sign now or resign to see who will employ you and your staff on current or improved terms and let us move forward. I really do want SD to sign but how much longer do we wait ? We are better then someone's second or third choice, SD should realise so is he and sign his contract now.
Do you really think the reason we haven't made a signing yet is because the deal with Dyche isn't signed ?

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:36 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:34 am
Do you really think the reason we haven't made a signing yet is because the deal with Dyche isn't signed ?
Do you really think it hasn't had an effect ? Will I be playing for Mr Dyche or A N Other ?

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:37 am

bfcjg wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:36 am
Do you really think it hasn't had an effect ? Will I be playing for Mr Dyche or A N Other ?

I am 100% certain it hasn't had an effect.

If we have a bid accepted by a club for any player which question do you think matters most to the player and his agent :-

How much per week am I on or who will be the manager in 6 - 12 months time ?

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:02 am

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:37 am
I am 100% certain it hasn't had an effect.

If we have a bid accepted by a club for any player which question do you think matters most to the player and his agent :-

How much per week am I on or who will be the manager in 6 - 12 months time ?
Best if the manager is choosing who we bid for.
It isn't beyond possibility that the manager's negotiations could delay things.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 853 times
Has Liked: 604 times

Post by Gordaleman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:13 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:02 am
Sean has always said that he would prefer to get transfer deals done early, so that he can get a full pre season with new players. Therefore, he should be hoping to get his own contract sorted ASAP, should he not?

That gives us about three weeks to get Sean signed up and maybe bring in a couple of key signings, as Burnley's pre season starts on July 6th.

We fans are always impatient, but hopefully, things will happen a little quicker this summer.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:13 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:02 am

In the last 8 seasons how many players have we signed each season in the 1st few days of the window opening

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:25 am

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:13 am
In the last 8 seasons how many players have we signed each season in the 1st few days of the window opening
I haven't a clue.
But, in the same 8 seasons, how often has the manager been in negotiations?

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:37 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:25 am
I haven't a clue.
But, in the same 8 seasons, how often has the manager been in negotiations?
Haven't a clue.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:43 am

I believe most players prefer to know who is going to be managing the club they are about to sign for.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:49 am

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:13 am
and how much do you think that has saved in wages? to allow for other things

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:03 am

To recap: Sean Dyche has a contract with Burnley to June 2022, so another season to run on his contract. Alan Pace, the club's new chairman has said that SD is important and the club's new owners, ALK Capital, would like to extend SD's contract. A few weeks back media source reported that SD was expected to sign new contract the following week. So far, (is it 2 weeks later?) there has been no announcement of new contract being signed. Of course, SD's existing contract has 12 months remaining.

Elsewhere, other clubs have had vacancies for new coach/manager. The media rumours and the betting have included SD on their possible interest. There have been reports, several weeks ago, that BFC have been approached by Crystal Palace and asked how much compensation required if they got SD to be their new manager. Most of these clubs without coaches/managers have not got sorted. Similarly, Crystal Palace are reported to be pursuing other options - though no new manager yet announced by CP.

It's been mentioned that Sean Dyche wanted a break from football at the end of a challenging season - where the club, SD and the players, met those challenges successfully and the club is preparing for another season in the Premier League.

We all know, or should know, that Sean Dyche doesn't like talking about all the stuff that may or may not be going on "behind the scenes" at the club. This has always been the case with transfer rumours, whether it concerns incoming or outgoing players. We also know that Sean Dyche doesn't speak publicly and to the media about his own contract situation.

So, maybe Sean Dyche has already signed his new contract, or maybe he's agreed his new contract, but not yet literally "put pen to paper" because he's away on holiday, or it's planned to hold a media session when Sean Dyche and Alan Pace will both sign his new contract, in front of the tv cameras. Maybe the club is waiting for a time when there's the opportunity for more focus on the club - and less on the Euro 2020 competition.

We shouldn't worry that there's been no news: Sean Dyche likes these things to be done quietly and with no fuss and no publicity ahead of the time he and the club have chosen.

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: northeastclaret k90bfc

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:14 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:31 pm
I can't see him being too happy about an increased buy-out clause, would make him less attractive to some clubs who may be interested.
Hi boatshed bill, aren't you forgetting that an "Increased buy-out clause" means Sean Dyche is earning more at Burnley? What sort of person would logically say "no, don't raise my wage." A higher wage means that Sean Dyche will be earning more at Burnley. It will also mean, if BFC were to dismiss him, his compensation from BFC would be higher. Or, if he was offered a job with another club, while still employed by BFC, he would be offered higher wages than his new higher wages contract at BFC.

There's nothing that would make Sean Dyche think "an increased buy-out clause" is bad news for him. If he enjoys working as a football manager/coach he will be delighted that he's got higher wages and "an increased buy-out clause."

UTC

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:22 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:14 am
Hi boatshed bill, aren't you forgetting that an "Increased buy-out clause" means Sean Dyche is earning more at Burnley? What sort of person would logically say "no, don't raise my wage." A higher wage means that Sean Dyche will be earning more at Burnley. It will also mean, if BFC were to dismiss him, his compensation from BFC would be higher. Or, if he was offered a job with another club, while still employed by BFC, he would be offered higher wages than his new higher wages contract at BFC.

There's nothing that would make Sean Dyche think "an increased buy-out clause" is bad news for him. If he enjoys working as a football manager/coach he will be delighted that he's got higher wages and "an increased buy-out clause."

UTC
Are you forgetting the possible reluctance that the idea of being tied down & knowing it’s unlikely that other clubs will ever come, because of the high price of the compensation that would have to be paid out to secure your services may not be that appealing to a manager who likes to keep his options open. It’s not very encouraging towards inviting other offers.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:29 am

Chester Perry wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:49 am
and how much do you think that has saved in wages? to allow for other things
£28.75

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:30 am

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:14 am

UTC
I suppose that it depends on how much SD really wants to stay. I think the high compensation could put off potential "suitors".

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:37 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:31 pm
If he signs a new contract with an increased buy out clause it's obvious he's perfectly happy with it, otherwise he wouldn't sign a new contract with that figure in.

It's part of the negotiation no doubt and if/when he does sign it will be figure all the people involved are happy with.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:50 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:43 am
I believe most players prefer to know who is going to be managing the club they are about to sign for.
Quite possibly, but they'll also be aware that said manager could leave next week.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:52 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:43 am

If Dyche signed a 3 yr deal today do you think that means he can't leave in the near future ?

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:00 am

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:52 am
If Dyche signed a 3 yr deal today do you think that means he can't leave in the near future ?
Obviously he could.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32237 times
Has Liked: 5253 times

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:34 am

bfcjg wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:33 am
Not happy with this situation. I am beginning to think SD is waiting for a job offer, if none materialises he will sign,Wolves,Everton,Spurs don't want him, Palace would appear to prefer a more expansive manager hence Nuno, now Cooper etc. This is damaging recruitment, the board won't sanction spending in case Dyche doesn't sign and a new manager fancies different signings, Dyche won't sign until money is spent, something has to give first so IMHO either sign now or resign to see who will employ you and your staff on current or improved terms and let us move forward. I really do want SD to sign but how much longer do we wait ? We are better then someone's second or third choice, SD should realise so is he and sign his contract now.
Not happy with what situation? Dyche is under contract until next summer in any case but we don’t know whether he’s been offered a new one and if he has whether he’s likely to sign it.

The owners want him to stay so I’m assuming they’ve had contract talks but then they have to agree it with goodness knows how many other people involved including agents, lawyers, accountants. There’s also the situation of his staff to consider and getting their deals done.

I don’t think for one minute that recruitment is being damaged. We’ve already had players in for detailed talks and but for Villa coming in I believe we’d be close to our first signing.

I just think you are way off track.

bfcjg

Post by bfcjg » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:45 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:34 am
Not happy with what situation? Dyche is under contract until next summer in any case but we don’t know whether he’s been offered a new one and if he has whether he’s likely to sign it.

The owners want him to stay so I’m assuming they’ve had contract talks but then they have to agree it with goodness knows how many other people involved including agents, lawyers, accountants. There’s also the situation of his staff to consider and getting their deals done.

I don’t think for one minute that recruitment is being damaged. We’ve already had players in for detailed talks and but for Villa coming in I believe we’d be close to our first signing.

Fair enough.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:34 am

Just on Villa, given the money they are spending...the expectancy on Smith is going to be enormous. Decent Manager...Not at all sure he is the man who can take them to levels the Owners crave.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:57 am

ewanrob wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 am
Just on Villa, given the money they are spending...the expectancy on Smith is going to be enormous. Decent Manager...Not at all sure he is the man who can take them to levels the Owners crave.
As has been pointed out, last season they finished 11th, after finishing 4th from bottom two years ago.

We finished 10th and 4th from bottom on a fraction of their budget.

He's not decent, he's useless.

ewanrob
Been Liked: 361 times
Has Liked: 98 times

Post by ewanrob » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:48 pm

Spijed wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:57 am
As has been pointed out, last season they finished 11th, after finishing 4th from bottom two years ago.

We finished 10th and 4th from bottom on a fraction of their budget.

He's not decent, he's useless.
They have a very ambitious CoE there, a lot of players being thrust on him. Not always a good idea to have to many players...never know what your best side is.

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:56 pm

Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:29 am
£28.75
I think it is close to £2m

COBBLE
Been Liked: 349 times
Has Liked: 466 times

Post by COBBLE » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:01 pm

ewanrob wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:51 am
Lose Grealish and they will be a bottom half of the table team.

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:04 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:03 am

We all know, or should know, that Sean Dyche doesn't like talking about all the stuff that may or may not be going on "behind the scenes" at the club. This has always been the case with transfer rumours, whether it concerns incoming or outgoing players. We also know that Sean Dyche doesn't speak publicly and to the media about his own contract situation.

So, maybe Sean Dyche has already signed his new contract, or maybe he's agreed his new contract, but not yet literally "put pen to paper" because he's away on holiday, or it's planned to hold a media session when Sean Dyche and Alan Pace will both sign his new contract, in front of the tv cameras. Maybe the club is waiting for a time when there's the opportunity for more focus on the club - and less on the Euro 2020 competition.

We shouldn't worry that there's been no news: Sean Dyche likes these things to be done quietly and with no fuss and no publicity ahead of the time he and the club have chosen.

UTC
Yes, we all know he likes to do it behind the scenes when it suits him.

Wasn’t very behind the scenes when he was whining like a little baby every chance he got when being interviewed because we wouldn’t offer ageing squad players new deals.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:05 pm

djemba-djemba wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:04 pm

whining like a little baby
Irony, thought that would have been right up your street
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:44 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:22 am
Are you forgetting the possible reluctance that the idea of being tied down & knowing it’s unlikely that other clubs will ever come, because of the high price of the compensation that would have to be paid out to secure your services may not be that appealing to a manager who likes to keep his options open. It’s not very encouraging towards inviting other offers.
Hi Jakub, yes, I'm forgetting why it's thinking about things the wrong way round and making the argument why it's thinking about things the wrong way round: more pay or less pay, which option do you expect anyone to choose? Of course, there may be other reasons to choose one place over another, whether it is a job in football coaching and management or any other choice any of us has to make, but, if it's Premier League club B (for Burnley) where you currently have a job or Premier League club X, which could be any one of 19 other clubs, where you don't currently have either a job or a job offer, don't you think it's logical to choose B?

UTC

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:54 pm

djemba-djemba wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:04 pm
Yes, we all know he likes to do it behind the scenes when it suits him.

Wasn’t very behind the scenes when he was whining like a little baby every chance he got when being interviewed because we wouldn’t offer ageing squad players new deals.
Hi dj2, yes, I feel Sean Dyche let the emotion of the season being suspended and then re-started "get to him" last June/July. Possibly, also influenced by the possibility of the club changing ownership and Sean Dyche's personal experience of new owners coming in at Watford while he was "starting out" in management.

I think your description of "whining like a little baby" is a little ott, but each to their own, I guess.

UTC

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:43 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:44 pm
Hi Jakub, yes, I'm forgetting why it's thinking about things the wrong way round and making the argument why it's thinking about things the wrong way round: more pay or less pay, which option do you expect anyone to choose? Of course, there may be other reasons to choose one place over another, whether it is a job in football coaching and management or any other choice any of us has to make, but, if it's Premier League club B (for Burnley) where you currently have a job or Premier League club X, which could be any one of 19 other clubs, where you don't currently have either a job or a job offer, don't you think it's logical to choose B?

UTC
Any normal person would weigh up what’s best for themselves & there family & choose that option & I expect that’s exactly what SD is doing, him extending might be the best option for us but not the best option for himself.

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:56 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:54 pm
Hi dj2, yes, I feel Sean Dyche let the emotion of the season being suspended and then re-started "get to him" last June/July. Possibly, also influenced by the possibility of the club changing ownership and Sean Dyche's personal experience of new owners coming in at Watford while he was "starting out" in management.

I think your description of "whining like a little baby" is a little ott, but each to their own, I guess.

UTC
Hello friend. You are right, it got to him massively and it was highly unprofessional of him to speak like that to the press.

Wokingclaret
Been Liked: 292 times
Has Liked: 766 times

Post by Wokingclaret » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:03 pm

djemba-djemba wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:56 pm
Hello friend. You are right, it got to him massively and it was highly unprofessional of him to speak like that to the press.
Yes, but Garlick's actions or lack of..... nearly got us relegated.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:26 pm

Wokingclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:03 pm
Yes, but Garlick's actions or lack of..... nearly got us relegated.
We weren't close to being relegated

Wokingclaret

Post by Wokingclaret » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:34 pm

Spijed wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:26 pm
We weren't close to being relegated
Yes, because we have a good manager and there was 3 teams worse

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 pm

I think Sean is waiting to see if the new owners are all talk and no action. Until he sees quality signings over the line, he will hold out and wait for better offers. I don't blame him.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:39 pm

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ssion=true

Dyche still a contender for Palace role

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:47 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 pm
I think Sean is waiting to see if the new owners are all talk and no action. Until he sees quality signings over the line, he will hold out and wait for better offers. I don't blame him.
I think the manager is working hard with the new owners planning for next season
This user liked this post: Wokingclaret

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:47 pm

Dyche is under contract and isn't being offered other jobs, what's the mass panic? why does he need to sign a new contract urgently?

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:48 pm

Steddyman wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 pm
As someone has commented earlier, some players may not sign until they know status of the manager.
Some players won't care either way as managers have a short work lifespan normally, but uncertainty over manager may not be helping.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:52 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:48 pm
As someone has commented earlier, some players may not sign until they know status of the manager.
Some players won't care either way as managers have a short work lifespan normally, but uncertainty over manager may not be helping.
I would love someone to find me a player who wouldn’t sign at a club because of the status of the manager.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:53 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:47 pm
Dyche is under contract and isn't being offered other jobs, what's the mass panic? why does he need to sign a new contract urgently?
The mass panic is because some tabloid journalist got a story wrong and all the click bait sites followed.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6891 times
Has Liked: 1471 times

Post by Rileybobs » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:55 pm

Wokingclaret wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:34 pm
Yes, because we have a good manager and there was 3 teams worse
Good point. Man City only won the league because they have a good manager and there were no better teams.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:57 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:53 pm
The mass panic is because some tabloid journalist got a story wrong and all the click bait sites followed.
So what your saying is we have nothing to worry about?

Dyche is signing a new contract and we are going to strengthen the starting eleven this window?

brexit
Been Liked: 234 times
Has Liked: 58 times

Post by brexit » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:05 pm

He won't be signing he is off to West Brom

Wokingclaret

Post by Wokingclaret » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:05 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:55 pm
Good point. Man City only won the league because they have a good manager and there were no better teams.
Yes, one was totally backed, the other wasn't. However job done for now