England starting eleven vs Croatia

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
superdimitri
Been Liked: 1007 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Re: England starting eleven vs Croatia

Post by superdimitri » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:31 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:57 pm
that's it though, we worry too much about the opposition
Maybe we do, but we are weak in defence. That together with playing 3 attacking midfielders in the same team is a bad combination.

As good as our players are, I just don't think its realistic to see 3 of the likes of Foden, Grealish, Mount, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford all playing.
Have 3 of those playing in attacking midfield and Rice and Phillips in defensive midfield and you have a gap the size of a mile between our lines.
Players like Bellingham and Henderson are a bit more balanced.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:35 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:31 pm
Maybe we do, but we are weak in defence. That together with playing 3 attacking midfielders in the same team is a bad combination.

As good as our players are, I just don't think its realistic to see 3 of the likes of Foden, Grealish, Mount, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford all playing.
Have 3 of those playing ahead of Rice and Phillips and you have a gap the size of a mile in our midfield.
Agree with this.

Hope to see Bellingham and Rice start in the middle. Bellingham might be young but he plays like he’s been at it for a decade. Then for me, it’s Rashford (for the pace and runs in the channel) on the left, Mount as an 8/10 and Foden on the right. This also allows Foden and Rashford to switch and get on their ‘correct’ side. Grealish very unfortunate to miss out but an excellent sub to bring on and has a very big role to play.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11052 times
Has Liked: 5660 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:52 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:31 pm

Have 3 of those playing in attacking midfield and Rice and Phillips in defensive midfield and you have a gap the size of a mile between our lines.
I'd rather lose 4-3 than the inevitable 1-0 defeat !! :D
This user liked this post: superdimitri