Away tickets

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
onewillieirvine
Been Liked: 98 times
Has Liked: 96 times

Re: Away tickets

Post by onewillieirvine » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:37 am

It's a good job public transport is cheap and reliable otherwise, going forward, many would have found it difficult to get to away games. 😳 What a cats behind this all seems.
This user liked this post: randomclaret2

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:39 am

I used to be an 'away' fan and travelled to every match within 170 miles of my home plus the odd exception, like weekend away etc. Home matches start and end and odd one or two on middle of season.

After my wife died, I decided to purchase a season ticket, 'to take my mind of things'. I remain a season ticket holder and attend every match unless I'll or other unavoidable happenings. (Can't think of one)

I am also a shareholder, as this came to my rescue, in my 'away primarily ' period of many years.

In the years of away only, it was always easy to either pay on gate or get a ticket. There were few of us sometimes!

What has always miffed me, is that when we did well, my support was suddenly less valuable than a none travelling, season ticket holder, who wanted to take my ticket, as something big was happening.

Instant priority and my many 10 points amounted to nothing.

Revenue to club for away matches? No.
Value in adding support and singing ones heart out to motivate the team, on a wet night in Gillingham, priceless.

It needs addressing.
These 2 users liked this post: gandhisflipflop ropecatchmonkey

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:45 am

randomclaret2 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:31 am
Who at the club has made the decision ? ...presumably not those who have been here a while and were therefore presumably ok with the previous arrangements ?
No idea

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:49 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:33 am
If I were the supporters clubs I would stop running coaches for the forseeable and let the club deal with the backlash.
The club don't make money on away tickets though, so I don't think they care in the slightest?
Sadly I think that could be the case.

Grumps
Been Liked: 954 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:50 am

It's no secret that there are people at the club who have no love for the supporters clubs, or those who represent them
Perhaps they've got their 2 bobs worth in first with the new owners.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2742 times
Has Liked: 4314 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:52 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:45 am
No idea
Im guessing maybe someone with little knowledge or experience of what away travel and support has meant to the club over the years.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:54 am

IanMcL wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:39 am

What has always miffed me, is that when we did well, my support was suddenly less valuable than a none travelling, season ticket holder, who wanted to take my ticket, as something big was happening.

Instant priority and my many 10 points amounted to nothing.

Revenue to club for away matches? No.
Value in adding support and singing ones heart out to motivate the team, on a wet night in Gillingham, priceless.

It needs addressing.
This. Agree 100% which is the point I have been trying to make. It happened to me at Blackpool away in the first promotion season. Ended up watching at the Castle pub and when the camera panned into the crowd i recognised many people who i know for a fact don't travel away on 'normal games'.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:03 pm

Defo time for the loyalty points to be reviewed

I've got thousands, but I've not been a regular away traveller for about the same amount of time my kids have been around

Its very unlikely I'll go to any away games in the foreseeable, but I shouldn't have priority over someone who does go all around the country (though tbf, someone who does that will catch up very quickly)
This user liked this post: tim_noone

aggi
Been Liked: 2109 times

Post by aggi » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:21 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:52 am
We were allocated 50 tickets for each game (for these tickets only 10 points were allocated to the person purchasing them, until more recently when the system changed) , any more than that we either purchased through F and F or at the Ticket Office (when points were awarded).
PS - who are suspicious and not sympathetic?
Whenever this topic comes up there are always posts from people who are suspicious of how those travelling with supporters clubs get tickets and, up until your recent post, it's always been pretty grey what the process is.

It's a difficult balancing act between ensuring that coaches are full enough to run and that seats go to those who have the loyalty points and our current ticketing methods can make that even more difficult.

cav
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 74 times

Post by cav » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:34 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:26 am
I hope that I'm wrong but I can only see the new arrangement resulting in some supporters clubs running less coaches, so less fans following the team, and some clubs may even fold (as their main purpose is to get fans to away games). Also, people buying their own tickets and then finding that there are no coaches to book on. The Club being left with unsold tickets (with that resulting in them justifying taking small allocations for most, if not all games), resulting in sell-outs for the big, local games and some fans not being able to get tickets.
From my personal viewpoint and this may not be agreed on by all clubs and fans, I have no issue (for fairness and openness) with the Club insisting that for tickets purchased by supporters clubs people must have the required points but to limit it to 6 tickets shows no understanding of just how it works running coaches for fans to away games.
Well said Pete, I know you must of done already but you have to make the Club aware of this.

We have such a good travelling support, it just goes to show how out of touch these new owners are with its supporters.

People may moan about not being able to get away tickets but you don't see them travelling to London, Brighton & Southampton, etc. The argument only starts when they can't get a ticket to Old Trafford. Burnley rarely sell out an away game anymore so I don't understand the 6 ticket limit.
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure tim_noone ClaretTony

cav

Post by cav » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:38 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:39 am
But would people be prepared to pay £570 upfront, especially when they won't know at that time just how many of those 19 games they'll be able to attend?
The Club could sell away season tickets, maybe with the option that they can refund upto a maximum of 4 (or 5) games per season if you're not able to attend.

CookieJnr
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by CookieJnr » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:11 pm

Do we know what instigated this change?

And the bigger question of course, who actually benefits? It certainly won't be the fans who do the 'Tuesday night away at Bournemouth' type-games, and I am sure less away fans will have a negative impact on the players and therefore results.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

Bop
Been Liked: 243 times
Has Liked: 343 times

Post by Bop » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:19 pm

An awful decision. Supporters clubs have been the backbone of away support for donkeys years. This is how to alienate a huge amount of travelling support. That support has played a vital part in so many games. So much for fan engagement. A really disappointing move by the club, and one that will be noticed nationally on TV when the tickets aren’t taken and the away section support is not what it used to be.

Barlickclaret
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by Barlickclaret » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:03 pm

It's only an awful decision for supporters club members, people who go away regular in there own cars may now be able to get tickets for the so called big games and not just the long haul ones.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:18 pm

Barlickclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:03 pm
It's only an awful decision for supporters club members, people who go away regular in there own cars may now be able to get tickets for the so called big games and not just the long haul ones.
Which so called big games in recent years have you missed out on ?
These 2 users liked this post: Leisure cav

turbo5
Been Liked: 113 times
Has Liked: 164 times

Post by turbo5 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:45 pm

I think Pete explained it perfectly
Running a supporters club takes a lot of time and effort
It’s like business to one extent trying to fill coaches
At £1500 for a 50 seater you need to sell all seats if it’s £30 for travel
So charging £32 and it will cover the odd no show for 3 or 4 people.
If everybody turns up you make £100 the next game is Southampton mid week only 25 people have signed up smallest coach might be 35 so you lose on that game. Hopefully by the end of the season you have managed to breakeven or saved enough for a bad season when people lose interest
As for tickets going to people without enough points supporters clubs run for their members
I remember our first game at Bournemouth in the PL and seeing plenty of kids about same at Charlton when we got promotion
If you look at the points system it takes 12 years to amass over 4000 points on home games alone and you could reduce that slightly by 10 points per away game.
So there are a lot of people not in supporters clubs buying tickets on granny and grandads season ticket points who never attend away games. Hence why I can’t understand why the club is picking on the supporters club who are actually doing the club a favour. If it was run by BFC the rules would be very strict. The coaches would need stewards/ marshals etc which would really bump up the cost as they would need paying

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:46 pm

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:18 pm
Which so called big games in recent years have you missed out on ?
I don't know how true it was, but the only one I remember lots of complaints about was the Aberdeen game.
I would guess Brentford might be an issue this season, new ground, but low allocation

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:46 pm
I don't know how true it was, but the only one I remember lots of complaints about was the Aberdeen game.
I would guess Brentford might be an issue this season, new ground, but low allocation
There is Aberdeen and Blackpool in the promotion season which spring to mind. Considering how many were in Blackpool without tickets that day the ground wasn't big enough to give everyone a ticket. Aberdeen the 1st european away in a lot of fans lifetime, but novelty had worn off after 1 game for those that just had to attend.

So on the back of 2 games in how many years, we face the potential loss of supporters clubs and fans being unable to get to games who rely on them running transport to games. How many games over the years have you seen the demand be low yet Leisure still offer to get people there, even when full he has put more on, people book and don't turn up and still you are allowed to book without paying until the day. Now poeple could be left with the option of overnight stays (not everyone can take 2 days off for a game) or drive as opposed to travelling with friends.

I imagine some of the whinging will have come from fans who have filled in the recent surveys and been asked for an extra comments. Someone with 1500 points will have moaned how he missed the 1 game he fancied going to so wants the whole structure changed. Sadly as usual 1 persons greed is always more important than anything else.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony Leisure

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3841 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Barlickclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:03 pm
If coaches don't run so everyone has to drive, will that be put on Burnley FCs carbon footprint?

An extra 1000 vehicles on the road isn't ideal.

cav

Post by cav » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:11 pm

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:55 pm
I imagine some of the whinging will have come from fans who have filled in the recent surveys and been asked for an extra comments. Someone with 1500 points will have moaned how he missed the 1 game he fancied going to so wants the whole structure changed. Sadly as usual 1 persons greed is always more important than anything else.
Absolutely spot on is that.

Barlickclaret
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by Barlickclaret » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:13 pm

I'm not sure the coaches won't run, but the allocation of tickets will be done correctly. (Only an opinion)

djemba-djemba
Been Liked: 129 times
Has Liked: 40 times

Post by djemba-djemba » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 pm

turbo5 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:45 pm
I think Pete explained it perfectly
Running a supporters club takes a lot of time and effort
It’s like business to one extent trying to fill coaches
At £1500 for a 50 seater you need to sell all seats if it’s £30 for travel
So charging £32 and it will cover the odd no show for 3 or 4 people.
I’m assuming the supporters clubs just take payment on the bus then like the old days?

I understand what you are saying about no shows and needing to charge a couple of quid extra if the current method is to pay on the day - why don’t the supporters clubs just charge them when they book on as oppose to praying their customers show up on the day?

That way their loyal customers wouldn’t get stung for a couple of extra quid because someone was too hungover to get out of bed at 06:00 on a Saturday morning to get down to Southampton?

thelaughingclaret
Been Liked: 291 times
Has Liked: 99 times

Post by thelaughingclaret » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 pm

If the supporters club stop running coaches that may be what the clubs wants. Then the club can run coaches for profit. All other clubs that I know of run the coaches, we must be one of a very few professional clubs where the supporters clubs run the coaches.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2098 times
Has Liked: 336 times

Post by jrgbfc » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Pretty sure they tried it briefly our first season in the Prem but take up was so low they scrapped it.
This user liked this post: Leisure

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:35 pm

Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:55 pm
There is Aberdeen and Blackpool in the promotion season which spring to mind. Considering how many were in Blackpool without tickets that day the ground wasn't big enough to give everyone a ticket. Aberdeen the 1st european away in a lot of fans lifetime, but novelty had worn off after 1 game for those that just had to attend.

So on the back of 2 games in how many years, we face the potential loss of supporters clubs and fans being unable to get to games who rely on them running transport to games. How many games over the years have you seen the demand be low yet Leisure still offer to get people there, even when full he has put more on, people book and don't turn up and still you are allowed to book without paying until the day. Now poeple could be left with the option of overnight stays (not everyone can take 2 days off for a game) or drive as opposed to travelling with friends.

If it's come from the survey, which could be possible, despite what Lesuire and others think, there has been suspicion amongst quite a few fans regarding the distribution of tickets via these groups. If enough fans mentioned the same thing, perhaps the club acted...

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:36 pm

jrgbfc wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:19 pm
Pretty sure they tried it briefly our first season in the Prem but take up was so low they scrapped it.
They did. They were travelling with next to nobody on them and so had to pack it in. One pick up point only too at the Turf.

Leisure
Been Liked: 3771 times
Has Liked: 12362 times

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:53 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:46 pm
Whilst I'm not 100% on this, I'm fairly certain that we didn't get any tickets upfront for Aberdeen, we had to buy them through Friends and Family. That was certainly the case for the other European away games.

Edit - We did get an allocation for Aberdeen, which was based on the average number of tickets that we'd purchased per game during the previous season and they all had to have the required points.
Last edited by Leisure on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:58 pm

Grumps wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:35 pm
If it's come from the survey, which could be possible, despite what Lesuire and others think, there has been suspicion amongst quite a few fans regarding the distribution of tickets via these groups. If enough fans mentioned the same thing, perhaps the club acted...
But without checking with the supporters clubs if the allegations were correct!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:01 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:36 pm
They did. They were travelling with next to nobody on them and so had to pack it in. One pick up point only too at the Turf.
And that was why the then Chief Exec stated that the Club valued the work of the supporters clubs in getting fans to games and assured us that the long standing ticket arrangement would continue to facilitate this.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:53 pm
Whilst I'm not 100% on this, I'm fairly certain that we didn't get any tickets upfront for Aberdeen, we had to buy them through Friends and Family. That was certainly the case for the other European away games.
I think it was board members and players who got a good allocation of 500 tickets that limited the 2k allocation.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:30 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:58 pm
But without checking with the supporters clubs if the allegations were correct!
Obviously

Burnleybabe
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 70 times

Post by Burnleybabe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Leisure wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:53 pm
We got a percentage of tickets, taken from the amount of tickets we had taken that season.
If I remember rightly the only person to get a full allocation was a friend of the then commercial manager who took a coach to away game.
Again we had to make sure everyone had to have the required points.

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:57 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:03 pm
Defo time for the loyalty points to be reviewed

I've got thousands

Its very unlikely I'll go to any away games in the foreseeable, but I shouldn't have priority over someone who does go all around the country (though tbf, someone who does that will catch up very quickly)
That's the point Lancaster. At 10 points for an away match, they are worthless, as you can only get 190 for a full season!

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:59 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:03 pm
I think it was board members and players who got a good allocation of 500 tickets that limited the 2k allocation.
I ended up in a very vociferous Aberdeen stand!
But at least I got a ticket!

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Burnleybabe wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:57 pm
We got a percentage of tickets, taken from the amount of tickets we had taken that season.
If I remember rightly the only person to get a full allocation was a friend of the then commercial manager who took a coach to away game.
Again we had to make sure everyone had to have the required points.
Yes, that's correct. Thanks for reminding me. And you're right that someone who sponsored the Club and rarely took a coach to away games got more tickets than any of the supporters clubs!

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 pm

I'm astonished that the club has decided to do this without even showing the different supporters clubs any courtesy at all by not including them in discussions.

This needs to be brought to the attention of Alan Pace, or maybe he is already aware of it. Surely not?

The new regime don't seem to have got off to a good start do they, all the fans who have lost their seats and now this?

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:27 pm

djemba-djemba wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:17 pm
I’m assuming the supporters clubs just take payment on the bus then like the old days?

I understand what you are saying about no shows and needing to charge a couple of quid extra if the current method is to pay on the day - why don’t the supporters clubs just charge them when they book on as oppose to praying their customers show up on the day?

That way their loyal customers wouldn’t get stung for a couple of extra quid because someone was too hungover to get out of bed at 06:00 on a Saturday morning to get down to Southampton?
Can't speak for the other supporters clubs but Accy Clarets have always done pay on the coach on the day, other then when we took 21 coaches to Wembley for the Play-offs and possibly Chelsea in the League Cup. We run up to 6 coaches for some league away games, so trying to manage taking online bookings for up to 300 fans, in addition to making all the necessary arrangements, is considered just too much.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:31 pm

Targetman wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 pm
I'm astonished that the club has decided to do this without even showing the different supporters clubs any courtesy at all by not including them in discussions.

This needs to be brought to the attention of Alan Pace, or maybe he is already aware of it. Surely not?

The new regime don't seem to have got off to a good start do they, all the fans who have lost their seats and now this?
Unfortunately they don't seem to be bothered, just as long as it makes more money. :(

ClaretInLeeds
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:43 pm

It won’t make more money in the long run though when away attendances dwindle. Half of the fun of an away day is going on the coach and having a pub stop!

Burnleybabe

Post by Burnleybabe » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:20 pm

For nearly 20 years I and my committee have provided travel to away games for Central Lancs Clarets.
No we cant get to every away game, but will supply members with their tickets
We provide travel for members outside the Burnley area.
It can be hard work as we all do it as volunteers as do all the other Supporters Groups
To be told, which is in my opinion what we are being done, that Thank You but no longer needed is an insult.
I am still in shock at he sudden turnaround.
Last edited by Burnleybabe on Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ten bellies
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 1283 times

Post by ten bellies » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:31 pm

Just to clear things up. When the points system was brought in I used to pay cash on the gate, and continued to do so for a number of years as I wasn't certain to get time off every Saturday. As it happens I made it to most home games and probably half of the away games. The points I was entitled to from away games were never credited to my 'loyalty' account because I got tickets through supporters clubs. All this at a time when most away games were not as attractive as the odd one or two during a season, so we rarely sold out. From my perspective my loyalty during the wilderness years counts for nought in this digital age, particularly by the club, who now see me as a customer. And of course the by the snipers on here.

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2344 times
Has Liked: 3164 times

Post by Paul Waine » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:42 pm

I'm an away supporter. I've lived down south west London since late 80s. Did the Wolves and the Stockport Wembley games and a few games back at Turf Moor when I was back visiting family (and friends). After the Chelsea "capital punishment" triumph I got half-season tickets and then STs (adult + son) for all seasons up to 2015/16 when we won promotion to Premier League for the 3rd time. But Mum and Dad both passed away spring 2010, so fewer reasons to be back in Lancs regularly. Then work kept me travelling away, US and Asia. A couple of seasons I only used the STs to 2 home games, but would be regular for games in London and South East. 2015/16 I was planning to come up for the Rovers game, early March, it would have been my only home game. Instead I found myself in hospital with a heart attack, so I didn't get on for a single home game that season, my ST wasn't used. I'd also got a ticket for Fulham away, Tuesday after Rovers - yes, an easy "15 mile journey" for me, but I wasn't fit to attend. I got to Brighton and then Charlton that season.

I joined the Foundation summer 2016 and I've joined the "telephone race" to buy away tickets through the Foundation's allocation since then - 8 or 9 games a season, all London/South East. Foundation costs me (approx) £100/year. I look on it as my "away season ticket" - with a little risk of missing out on a ticket if I'm not sharpish when tickets go on sale to Foundation.

Anyone know if the Foundation ticket allocation is continuing? I'd be happy paying (a bit) more for the opportunity to buy an away ticket. I retired at the start of the pandemic, so I'll also be back on t'Turf sometime.

UTC

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:49 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:42 pm

Anyone know if the Foundation ticket allocation is continuing? I'd be happy paying (a bit) more for the opportunity to buy an away ticket. I retired at the start of the pandemic, so I'll also be back on t'Turf sometime.

UTC
That's a very interesting question! As I would presume that most Foundation members who apply for away tickets won't have the required Loyalty points!

RammyClaret61
Been Liked: 1090 times
Has Liked: 300 times

Post by RammyClaret61 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:41 am

Welcome to the world of being just a customer.

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:20 am

Burnleybabe wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:20 pm
For nearly 20 years I and my committee have provided travel to away games for Central Lancs Clarets.
No we cant get to every away game, but will supply members with their tickets
We provide travel for members outside the Burnley area.
It can be hard work as we all do it as volunteers as do all the other Supporters Groups
To be told, which is in my opinion what we are being done, that Thank You but no longer needed is an insult.
I am still in shock at he sudden turnaround.
It's been an interesting thread, and cleared up some of the myths that have built up over the years regarding the distribution of tickets, but questions do still remain

If you are not running a coach to a game, why Carnt people purchase their own tickets on those occasions?

Has the club confirmed it won't be supplying supporters groups with the previously agreed amount of tickets, I have probably missed where its been explained, but the limit of 6 friends and family is a different matter than say the 50 tickets given to supporters clubs.

Les Lawrence
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Les Lawrence » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:20 am

I regularly get a text of a mate are you off to say Liverpool,if not can I use your number.No problem for me at all,but I suppose if your at a game and see someone in crowd you know has nowhere near enough points,while your best mate,who was just short of enough points couldn't get a ticket it pisses you off.
This user liked this post: ropecatchmonkey

Burnleybabe

Post by Burnleybabe » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:54 am

Grumps wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:20 am
It's been an interesting thread, and cleared up some of the myths that have built up over the years regarding the distribution of tickets, but questions do still remain

If you are not running a coach to a game, why Carnt people purchase their own tickets on those occasions?

Has the club confirmed it won't be supplying supporters groups with the previously agreed amount of tickets, I have probably missed where its been explained, but the limit of 6 friends and family is a different matter than say the 50 tickets given to supporters clubs.
The same reason as with running a coach they like to sit together, that wont be the big issue.
Yes the club have confirmed via email last week that we can no longer get up to 50 tickets.
We very rarely take 50 tickets but I do know other Supporters Groups do and they fill their Coaches.

tim_noone
Been Liked: 4384 times
Has Liked: 15117 times

Post by tim_noone » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:18 am

Dont really travel by Coach but Hope the situation is resolved. They do a cracking job and do a Lot of running around to ensure fans have a great day out. As for the "Points System" a load of old Tosh dont know dont care how many I've got. Still think it should be first come first served from the ticket office.

Quickenthetempo

Post by Quickenthetempo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:22 am

We keep talking about expanding the fanbase and attracting young fans but the loyalty points don't half put a spanner in the works.
Try telling some young kid that it will be 15 years worth of loyalty points before they're guaranteed an away ticket and that's only if the other fans with a high number stop going regular.

I've said it before and no doubt say it again but why am I or any other supporter treated better simply because we were born earlier than these younger fans who want to travel the country watching Burnley.

Loyalty points should be the last 3 years rolling.
This user liked this post: ClaretAL

Grumps

Post by Grumps » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:38 am

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:22 am
We keep talking about expanding the fanbase and attracting young fans but the loyalty points don't half put a spanner in the works.
Try telling some young kid that it will be 15 years worth of loyalty points before they're guaranteed an away ticket and that's only if the other fans with a high number stop going regular.

I've said it before and no doubt say it again but why am I or any other supporter treated better simply because we were born earlier than these younger fans who want to travel the country watching Burnley.

Loyalty points should be the last 3 years rolling.
Rolling 3 Yr points is fine if you're an established club in the league. Because we are relatively new to the Premier league, and attracted "new" fans, should these new fans all of a sudden gain the same rights as long standing supporters.
Under the rolling plan, after 3 years you could have 12,000 or more on maximum points, and if only 2,000 tickets are available who has first dibs? Someone who has had a ticket for 3 yrs, or those who've had one for 30yrs?