They're out the woodwork

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Re: They're out the woodwork

Post by warksclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:39 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:35 am
Palace, Everton and Wolves as well.
Fulham was mid May-we never won a PL game again after that during the season with around 5 games to go

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:40 am

warksclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:39 am
Fulham was mid May-we never won a PL game again after that during the season with around 5 games to go
All those games were in the last 33 where it was stated we have won 1

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3327 times
Has Liked: 1942 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:45 am

5 in the last 33 league games I think.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:21 am

superdimitri wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:56 am
Once again people fail to see the difference between posting on a message board and supporting the team at games.
Just because people post negative things on here doesn't mean they don't support the team.

To be a fan is to be concerned. I think those that like to point fingers on these concerned fans not attending games either don't attend themselves, or they aren't fans themselves without any concern for the teams position.

Get a grip and stop berating others. I'm not too worried yet, but I have the capacity to see why others are without sitting on some super fan high horse.
Stop the narrow minded hate and support you fellow fans.
It's not the so-called support that's the problem, it's the entrenched view of a number on here that they need the opposition to win to justify their viewpoint that we are rubbish.

In a number of games you feel that some want opposition players to do well just so they can say "I told you so".

It also seems that you can criticise our players, but it's completely off-limits to point out any limitations in players and managers who play for any of our rivals in the Premier league.

And you can bet that if we were to get relegated this season there will be a certain zeal with regards to certain comments, just so they can have that smug feeling, knowing they were right all along.

ClaretMov
Been Liked: 843 times
Has Liked: 822 times

Post by ClaretMov » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:26 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:09 am
Prior to beating Brentford could have sworn we beat Fulham towards the end of last season which was less than 33 games ago.
Was meant to read 1 win in 17 and just 5 in 33

snapcrackleandpop
Been Liked: 122 times
Has Liked: 151 times

Post by snapcrackleandpop » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:10 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:26 am
Was meant to read 1 win in 17 and just 5 in 33
And if that was any other team in any division everybody would be saying how is he still in a job but somehow Dyche is the exception to this. I'm on the fence at the moment but this cannot carry on, 2 massive games coming up and 4 points is the bare minimum we require.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by boyyanno » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:22 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:21 am
It's not the so-called support that's the problem, it's the entrenched view of a number on here that they need the opposition to win to justify their viewpoint that we are rubbish.

In a number of games you feel that some want opposition players to do well just so they can say "I told you so".

It also seems that you can criticise our players, but it's completely off-limits to point out any limitations in players and managers who play for any of our rivals in the Premier league.

And you can bet that if we were to get relegated this season there will be a certain zeal with regards to certain comments, just so they can have that smug feeling, knowing they were right all along.
Do you really think that's the case? There may be one or two posters who seem to revel in a defeat but I'd say the majority (especially the negative ones) react badly as they genuinely care for Burnley and believe we are better than we are currently showing ourselves to be.

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:51 am

The problem we've given ourselves is that having not beaten anyone in the lower reaches of the table yet, including Norwich and Newcastle (apart from Brentford) we're going to have to start beating the "better" sides, so games like West Ham and Villa have to become targets for serious points and that makes life extremely difficult.

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:06 am

ClaretMov wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:34 am
And 1 win in 33
Are you sure about that?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:28 am

:D
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:35 am
Palace, Everton and Wolves as well.
Can we include the wins from the season before just to boost things up & throw more gloss at it :D the brutal truth is things aren’t good & have been steadily deteriorating for a few season we get the odd wins which paper over the cracks until another bad run surfaces.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:29 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:28 am
:D
Can we include the wins from the season before just to boost things up & throw more gloss at it :D the brutal truth is things aren’t good & have been steadily deteriorating for a few season we get the odd wins which paper over the cracks until another bad run surfaces.

It was in response to the lie about 1 win in 33. Read through things slowly rather then jumping in and being wrong as usual.

Hopefully this doesn't get on your wick though hate you to say something stupid

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:35 am

Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:29 am
It was in response to the lie about 1 win in 33. Read through things slowly rather then jumping in and being wrong as usual.

Hopefully this doesn't get on your wick though hate you to say something stupid
I’ve read every single post on the thread & the impression is that certain posters are deliberately trying to alter & twist statistics to make the picture look rosier than it is, looking at the league table tells me what I need to know without taking too much notice of anything else.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:45 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:35 am
I’ve read every single post on the thread & the impression is that certain posters are deliberately trying to alter & twist statistics to make the picture look rosier than it is, looking at the league table tells me what I need to know without taking too much notice of anything else.
Does that include the post about 1 win in 33 games - the 1 I was replying to ? which you seemed to be bothered about my factual reply more than the incorrect post ?

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:51 am

Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:45 am
Does that include the post about 1 win in 33 games - the 1 I was replying to ? which you seemed to be bothered about my factual reply more than the incorrect post ?
Let me tell you something I’m probably wasting my time but I’ll try, whatever happened last season or any other previous seasons does not impact or influence this season at all in any shape or form, when any new season starts we all start off on zero points a continuation doesn’t run on from any other previous seasons, I don’t care about what happened previously because it doesn’t change this season & where we are now. Today doesn’t change yesterday or tomorrow.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:54 am

Correct you are wasting your time, because you are incapable of answering what you are asked.

Given your viewpoints on certain things though, maybe that is a good thing

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:54 am
Correct you are wasting your time, because you are incapable of answering what you are asked.

Given your viewpoints on certain things though, maybe that is a good thing
Because it’s a silly question whatever happened last season has no bearing to our current predicament, I don’t understand why some people are dragging it up the wins against wolves & palace & Everton aren’t going to magically morph into points we’ve dropped already against Norwich palace & most recently Newcastle.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:39 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:36 pm
I don’t understand
Was all you really needed to say

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:58 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:22 am
Do you really think that's the case? There may be one or two posters who seem to revel in a defeat but I'd say the majority (especially the negative ones) react badly as they genuinely care for Burnley and believe we are better than we are currently showing ourselves to be.
This is exactly it, anyone who was at the Orient game is a true Burnley fan, anyone who was sat through the Cotterill long winless run is a true Burnley fan. There's a real weird obsession on here with pretending people aren't fans, super fan alert. I was sat there watching Burnley under Cotterill so quite frankly I will give my opinion regardless of if it is deemed negative or not. I have earnt the right

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:02 am

Spijed wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:21 am

I get what you're saying. I see it as two extremes clashing. Everyone is different of course, but these arguments seem to always be between people who think the club can do no wrong and those who think it can do no right.

If these fans met in a pub in all likelihood they'd be able to debate without resorting to the arguments on here but both parties need to compromise.

It's not about being right. No one here is an expert, what we think has no impact on the support for the team or the club.

You'll have fans who've been season ticket owners for years who are like that. The argument that they are not fans or don't go to games just doesn't stick anyway, if so, why would they even bother to post here? They post because they want to see the club do better and it's frustrating to see when we don't.

Anyway, I've been on both ends of KRBFC and his posts. He dips low sometimes but I never really doubt his or anyone's support for the club and I think it's pretty poor form, as fans of the same club we point fingers at people who have different opinions. We should be welcome for any support, no matter how critical it may be.

As for turning up when the **** hits the fan I don't think that has anything to do with proving a point, but more to do with people being in a bad mood. Typically message boards generate more content when there's a problem to be solved and not so much when there isn't. I don't think you'll find any other football message board different from here because of this, even teams like Man City will have fans criticizing and wanting more. In fact, you won't find any message board period that doesn't.

This just wouldn't be an interesting place if we just came here to discuss how well we do each week. Some fans may be more critical than others but I see this as their desire to see us do better than a lack of perspective of what we do right. Remember, it's also easy to misinterpret someones demeanor when you're just reading text.

I still think we'll be okay because having a crap fist half to the season always gives you time to turn it around. The time to panic is when you lose form later in the season with no time to correct it.

I hope we can stick together as fans and stop the arguing. It's clear the new owners want to correct a lot of mistakes made in the past so even if we get relegated I still see us having a better fortune in the long term compared to the previous ownership.
These 5 users liked this post: Newcastleclaret93 Devils_Advocate Dark Cloud tiger76 yosserhughes

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:50 am

superdimitri wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:02 am
I get what you're saying. I see it as two extremes clashing. Everyone is different of course, but these arguments seem to always be between people who think the club can do no wrong and those who think it can do no right.

If these fans met in a pub in all likelihood they'd be able to debate without resorting to the arguments on here but both parties need to compromise.

It's not about being right. No one here is an expert, what we think has no impact on the support for the team or the club.

You'll have fans who've been season ticket owners for years who are like that. The argument that they are not fans or don't go to games just doesn't stick anyway, if so, why would they even bother to post here? They post because they want to see the club do better and it's frustrating to see when we don't.

Anyway, I've been on both ends of KRBFC and his posts. He dips low sometimes but I never really doubt his or anyone's support for the club and I think it's pretty poor form, as fans of the same club we point fingers at people who have different opinions. We should be welcome for any support, no matter how critical it may be.

As for turning up when the **** hits the fan I don't think that has anything to do with proving a point, but more to do with people being in a bad mood. Typically message boards generate more content when there's a problem to be solved and not so much when there isn't. I don't think you'll find any other football message board different from here because of this, even teams like Man City will have fans criticizing and wanting more. In fact, you won't find any message board period that doesn't.

This just wouldn't be an interesting place if we just came here to discuss how well we do each week. Some fans may be more critical than others but I see this as their desire to see us do better than a lack of perspective of what we do right. Remember, it's also easy to misinterpret someones demeanor when you're just reading text.

I still think we'll be okay because having a crap fist half to the season always gives you time to turn it around. The time to panic is when you lose form later in the season with no time to correct it.

I hope we can stick together as fans and stop the arguing. It's clear the new owners want to correct a lot of mistakes made in the past so even if we get relegated I still see us having a better fortune in the long term compared to the previous ownership.
Good post

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 698 times

Post by Bigvince » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:22 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:30 am
This comment could have been lifted off the Sheff Utd board this time last year.
You mean the same Sheffield United that had 2 points after 17 games?

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:55 pm

Bigvince wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:22 pm
You mean the same Sheffield United that had 2 points after 17 games?
No the other one x

Bigvince
Been Liked: 930 times
Has Liked: 698 times

Post by Bigvince » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:25 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:55 pm
No the other one x
My point was, that it’s difficult to compare us with Sheffield United, they were woe-full last season. We haven’t regressed to their level just yet!
P.S sorry for the sarcasm, sometimes I can’t help it, it’s an illness!