Smoke Bomb at Newcastle

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5202 times
Has Liked: 920 times

Re: Smoke Bomb at Newcastle

Post by Devils_Advocate » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:26 pm

claret10 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:09 pm
There was one guy sat on the coach I was on that was on his phone on the way back, very openly (and loudly) ordering "3 bags" for when he got back to Burnley. He even complained about £130 being a bit steep.....I know it is each to their own and all that, but surely people should have a bit more awareness about them.
Totally agree, if he's putting in an order he should have at least checked if anyone else needed any
This user liked this post: Bones

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:05 pm

ten bellies wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:47 pm
Proper pensioners on here, whinging about everything that upsets their cocoa. Young lads need an outlet, especially these days. If it upsets you, stay at home behind the curtains.
If they need an 'outlet' sign up to a boxing/MMA gym

Goodclaret
Been Liked: 543 times
Has Liked: 1506 times

Post by Goodclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:42 am

I have to say that was my first away game since the same fixture back in March 2020. The atmosphere was pretty decent until we conceded then it turned very toxic after that. Every mislaid pass was vocally criticised, the boos kicked in and then it just became a horrible atmosphere. I've already bought my tickets for Leeds and I can't say I'm looking forward to it based on Saturdays experience. There was an argument near me where one of our fans shouted abuse at another fan for being too quiet and not supporting the team. This was the same guy who booed and slagged off every player for anything and everything. Some support that is.

CharlieinNewMexico
Been Liked: 815 times
Has Liked: 527 times

Post by CharlieinNewMexico » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:59 am

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:59 am
If they need an outlet may I suggest the one in the wall
Literally lolled
This user liked this post: Vegas Claret

Billy Balfour
Been Liked: 1857 times
Has Liked: 652 times

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:51 am

One problem with coke is that it makes incredibly dull people louder, but they are still the same dull person, just noisier and more annoying.
These 2 users liked this post: LS7 MT03ALG

BLH_Claret
Been Liked: 59 times
Has Liked: 579 times

Post by BLH_Claret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:08 am

claret10 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:09 pm
There was one guy sat on the coach I was on that was on his phone on the way back, very openly (and loudly) ordering "3 bags" for when he got back to Burnley. He even complained about £130 being a bit steep.....I know it is each to their own and all that, but surely people should have a bit more awareness about them.
Yep, I heard that same conversation.

Billy Balfour

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:17 am

This is what I mean about turning dull people into noisy dull people.

I WANT 3 BAGS FOR WHEN I GET BACK TO BURNLEY. £135! THAT'S A BIT STEEP. WHEN I GET OFF THE COACH, I'LL GET A TAXI TO YOUR HOUSE AT NUMBER 12 DRUGDEAL STREET. NO, I WON'T TELL ANYONE WHERE YOU LIVE, STEVE.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:32 am

The most amusing thing about this thread is people thinking that the heady mix of benzocaine ,aspirin and icing sugar used by the CFS lot is “ cocaine “ Though a long time since I’ve made acquaintance with “Sir Charles” the best coke doesn’t turn you into a wide eyed screaming bellend ,it makes you very sharp minded and confident .

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8429 times
Has Liked: 18098 times

Post by Bosscat » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:42 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:32 am
The most amusing thing about this thread is people thinking that the heady mix of benzocaine ,aspirin and icing sugar used by the CFS lot is “ cocaine “ Though a long time since I’ve made acquaintance with “Sir Charles” the best coke doesn’t turn you into a wide eyed screaming bellend ,it makes you very sharp minded and confident .
😂😂😂 I've never taken the stuff (I have never had the want or need to shove nose candy up my hooter)

But you have hit the nail right on the head ... everything I've read or heard about Coke is ... that it makes you very focused and confident and not a loud and stupid "wide eyed screaming bellend" ...

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:47 am

I've never taken Coke either, but one thing I'm sure about is that if you take it, drink a lot, are a big of a willy to begin with, then you'll turn into a wide eyed screaming bellend at a football match

I did watch one coking up in the bogs at PNE away in our promotion season, and if that is what sharp minded and confident looks like, you can keep it
These 2 users liked this post: MT03ALG clitheroeclaret3

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32239 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:48 am

Cabbage wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:35 pm
If you are the guy in row c, my son and I were stood next to you and left as soon as this happened. Absolutely unbelievable. We’ve been to plenty of away games this season but yesterday there seemed to be an undercurrent of too mech drink or maybe worse. In front of us was a man with his two young sons. I hope they didn’t realise what had happened. What’s wrong with these people?
We weren't too far to the left of the incident but, thankfully, I wasn't affected by it. We were on Row D in the balcony which I thought was a good seat for me allowing me to sit. They don't use the front row but row B decided to stand and just abused a pensioner sat behind them when he asked if they would sit down.

Fan behaviour has deteriorated shockingly this season right across the country. We've had problems at the Turf and now at one of our away games. I've read about the incidents at Accrington last Saturday with the Fleetwood fans, absolutely shocking.

Billy Balfour

Post by Billy Balfour » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:01 am

AlargeClaret wrote:
Though a long time since I’ve made acquaintance with “Sir Charles” the best coke doesn’t turn you into a wide eyed screaming bellend ,it makes you very sharp minded and confident .
Nah, not having that for one minute. I lived in London when I left uni. The industry I worked in was awash with wealthy people banging on about the 'best coke' money can buy. It might indeed have been more 'pure' and not cut with phet etc, but it did the same thing - it turned achingly dull people into noisy, overconfident bellends.

MT03ALG
Been Liked: 422 times
Has Liked: 4481 times

Post by MT03ALG » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:01 pm

Many interesting and thought-provoking comments on this thread which I had not anticipated. I think my trip to Newcastle may be my last away trip to support the Clarets for the foreseeable future....
These 2 users liked this post: BLH_Claret Bosscat

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4161 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:06 pm

MT03ALG wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:01 pm
Many interesting and thought-provoking comments on this thread which I had not anticipated. I think my trip to Newcastle may be my last away trip to support the Clarets for the foreseeable future....
It is a shame you feel that way. Sadly the more attractive and nearer away games do attract quite a few of the wrong uns. It is hard to know what can be done with regards poor stewarding when someone decides to either block your view or sit in your seat and it can be uncomfortable if there is a group and feel unhappy approaching them.

It is a shame that if no club is bothered doing anything with away fans then they should be allowed to ask would you prefer to sit or stand when selling tickets to away fans. Nobody though through actions of a dick should feel they can't go to away games.

Bfc
Been Liked: 443 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Bfc » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:24 pm

I think at least 1 Burnley supporting police officer will have looked at this topic and passed this onto the drugs team. They may already be building up their Intel on football drug attending supporters, with a view to a co ordinated swoop at a game.
I would be very surprised, if the Club aren't also currently working on ridding the **** from games home and away and making watching a game, more of the atmosphere it once was.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

claret2018
Been Liked: 801 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:41 pm

I doubt it. Cocaine use is so widespread it’s practically legal

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:09 pm

Must admit I’m considering not going to as many away games this season - the away experience entirely depends on who is sitting near you and I’ve had my fill of being surrounded by fans who only have an interest in shouting abuse at the opposition. Southampton was the worst - constantly running to a barrier to scream abuse. No interest in football at all.

dsr
Been Liked: 4549 times
Has Liked: 2241 times

Post by dsr » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:29 pm

If they want to stop or reduce cocaine use, then have a couple of dozen drug officers ready for a weekend's work. Find a dozen coke carriers, which by the sound of it isn't too difficult, charge them with possession and tell them they are suspected of possession with intent to supply, find out where they are buying from, give them a hard, hard time in the cells, and make sure they get plenty of publicity. It might be too late for them who have already ruined theirlives beyond comprehension, but it might be a deterrent for those tempted to get into that lifestyle.

PadihamThickNeck
Been Liked: 110 times
Has Liked: 77 times

Post by PadihamThickNeck » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:53 pm

3 for £130.

That guy got ripped off :lol:

Barry_Chuckle
Been Liked: 586 times
Has Liked: 203 times

Post by Barry_Chuckle » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:12 pm

PadihamThickNeck wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:53 pm
3 for £130.

That guy got ripped off :lol:
Not if they are 1kilo bags :lol:

Cabbage
Been Liked: 166 times
Has Liked: 136 times

Post by Cabbage » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:34 pm

MT03ALG wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:01 pm
My son and I have been to a few away games this season and before covid. This is the first time I’ve seen anything like this. I suspect it was people getting caught up in the moment near to Christmas. We’re going to Villa and Old Trafford then we’ll take a view.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1138 times
Has Liked: 288 times

Post by TsarBomba » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Lol. I will think of this the next time I go to a domestic, and some meathead high on coke is putting a paving slab through a front door.

And this thread is doing nothing to entice me on again anytime soon with my two lads.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:53 pm

dsr wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:29 pm
If they want to stop or reduce cocaine use, then have a couple of dozen drug officers ready for a weekend's work. Find a dozen coke carriers, which by the sound of it isn't too difficult, charge them with possession and tell them they are suspected of possession with intent to supply, find out where they are buying from, give them a hard, hard time in the cells, and make sure they get plenty of publicity. It might be too late for them who have already ruined theirlives beyond comprehension, but it might be a deterrent for those tempted to get into that lifestyle.
Your post doesn’t make sense. You can’t ‘charge’ someone with possession, and then tell them they are suspected of PWITS.

They either have a certain amount of drugs to be nicked for possession, or PWITS.

Dealers don’t attend games, anyway. It’s lads with a bit of personal on them. The dealing goes on in the pubs beforehand.

Quickenthetempo
Been Liked: 3842 times
Has Liked: 2065 times

Post by Quickenthetempo » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:59 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 pm
Lol. I will think of this the next time I go to a domestic, and some meathead high on coke is putting a paving slab through a front door.

And this thread is doing nothing to entice me on again anytime soon with my two lads.
The people complaining grew up watching football when there was beer buses, mass fights, people urinating down your leg.
This is nothing in comparison just people getting older and not putting up with it or being protective of taking youngsters.

The club need to offer tickets at the front to people who want to sit though. It's not hard.
This user liked this post: cockneyclaret

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:04 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:53 pm
Your post doesn’t make sense. You can’t ‘charge’ someone with possession, and then tell them they are suspected of PWITS.

They either have a certain amount of drugs to be nicked for possession, or PWITS.

Dealers don’t attend games, anyway. It’s lads with a bit of personal on them. The dealing goes on in the pubs beforehand.
Can't you? Once you have arrested someone for possession, can't you question them on suspicion of more serious offences? There may be guidelines on the amount of drugs for PWITS, but surely that's all they are - just guidelines? If you intend to supply drugs, that's a criminal offence even if you aren't supplying all that many - isn't it?

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:18 pm

dsr wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:04 pm
Can't you? Once you have arrested someone for possession, can't you question them on suspicion of more serious offences? There may be guidelines on the amount of drugs for PWITS, but surely that's all they are - just guidelines? If you intend to supply drugs, that's a criminal offence even if you aren't supplying all that many - isn't it?
So when you said ‘charge’, did you mean arrest?

Possession and PWITS are two different offences. Dependent on what you have, the procedure differs with what you have to do.

If it’s just possession, chances are you wouldn’t even arrest. If you can confirm who they are by way of ID, you could do what’s called a caution +2 interview with them then and there outside the ground, or a caution +3 interview at a later date. These options are designed to keep officers out on the street, and negates the need to arrest if it isn’t proportionate.

If you arrest for PWITS, then it’s a definite arrest, Section 18 searches, phone downloads etc.

Also, you can’t ask questions in interview/under caution for an offence you haven’t arrested for.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:23 pm

dsr wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:29 pm
Laughable ********

You've been reading too much "Back to Basics"

Tsar is a police office dsr, he knows the law, and reality

Maybe on this one put what you think is right and correct to one side eh?

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:35 pm

Last away game was Sheff United away btw

Not sure about drug use at that one, but a shite performance and lots of drunks (not all kids btw) made it a very hard watch

cockneyclaret
Been Liked: 277 times
Has Liked: 3288 times

Post by cockneyclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Quickenthetempo wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:59 pm
The people complaining grew up watching football when there was beer buses, mass fights, people urinating down your leg.
This is nothing in comparison just people getting older and not putting up with it or being protective of taking youngsters.

The club need to offer tickets at the front to people who want to sit though. It's not hard.
Exactly this!!!
I don't bother anymore due to the fact I'm stuck with the sit down, shut up brigade.. better atmosphere queuing for a half time pint

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:21 pm

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:23 pm
Laughable ********

You've been reading too much "Back to Basics"

Tsar is a police office dsr, he knows the law, and reality

Maybe on this one put what you think is right and correct to one side eh?
You mean I shouldn't be asking these questions? I don't see any harm in asking the question, and nor presumably does TsarBomba or he wouldn't be answering them.

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:26 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:18 pm

Possession and PWITS are two different offences. Dependent on what you have, the procedure differs with what you have to do.

If it’s just possession, chances are you wouldn’t even arrest. If you can confirm who they are by way of ID, you could do what’s called a caution +2 interview with them then and there outside the ground, or a caution +3 interview at a later date. These options are designed to keep officers out on the street, and negates the need to arrest if it isn’t proportionate.

If you arrest for PWITS, then it’s a definite arrest, Section 18 searches, phone downloads etc.

Also, you can’t ask questions in interview/under caution for an offence you haven’t arrested for.
As Lancaster has "politely" pointed out, I am not an expert in the difference between charge and arrest. I was probably thinking on the lines of charging with possession while also arresting on suspicion of possession with intent to supply. Then give them as hard a time as the law allows. I would certainly argue that if someone is taking drugs into a packed area full of children, it would be proportionate to arrest them - or at least it couldn't be said to be disproportionate - would I be wrong? Couldn't the Chief Constable or other powers that be, if they wanted to, announce some sort of blitz on drug use in football and let it be known that possession of drugs at a football match would be treated with the full force of the law?

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:37 pm

claret2018 wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:41 pm
I doubt it. Cocaine use is so widespread it’s practically legal
It is & it’s that widespread part of the system that’s responsible for enforcement are even known to like a dabble themselves.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1180 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:52 pm

dsr wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:21 pm
You mean I shouldn't be asking these questions? I don't see any harm in asking the question, and nor presumably does TsarBomba or he wouldn't be answering them.
I agree in essence with what you are saying & the way of effectively approaching the problem in terms of minimising the supply route, the problem being the police are bound to doing everything by the book & any deviation away from that will simply see a smooth solicitor helping them squirm away Scot free & any subsequent case would collapse like a deck of cards.

TsarBomba

Post by TsarBomba » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:13 am

dsr wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:26 pm
As Lancaster has "politely" pointed out, I am not an expert in the difference between charge and arrest. I was probably thinking on the lines of charging with possession while also arresting on suspicion of possession with intent to supply. Then give them as hard a time as the law allows. I would certainly argue that if someone is taking drugs into a packed area full of children, it would be proportionate to arrest them - or at least it couldn't be said to be disproportionate - would I be wrong? Couldn't the Chief Constable or other powers that be, if they wanted to, announce some sort of blitz on drug use in football and let it be known that possession of drugs at a football match would be treated with the full force of the law?
Why would the Police prioritise drugs at football matches? I get it’s an issue on match day, but it’s everywhere.

If we are concerned about drug use around children, then the priority, which it already is really, is combatting drug use/dealing in schools, and those school kids truanting and involved in county lines.

And it would also be a joint decision by BFC if they want those extra Police, as they would ultimately foot the bill.

DCWat
Been Liked: 4131 times
Has Liked: 3599 times

Post by DCWat » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:47 am

What would be your solution to the wider drug issue, TsarBomba, as someone on the front line.

I hit going out age in the nineties, in the midst of the club scene and of course drugs were rife. However, they tended, from my experience at least, to be confined to clubs.

Nowadays, whilst I’m sure that still goes on, it appears to have spilled (or rather poured) out into general society. The local towns and cities are rife with cocaine, village pubs, football, even parliament if reports are to be believed. It’s everywhere, as no doubt you know.

I don’t have an answer though surely it needs real serious action. It seems to be an impossible challenge. Without action though, are we not seeing increasing related crime and storing up all sorts of problems for the future.

Manpower would help I suspect - it needs more than just that though, surely?

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times

Post by NottsClaret » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:09 am

It's a tough one this. Like many people, I've moaned about how football is a bit too gentrified now. You don't get the huge, drunken and noisy followings away as much now. And despite these recent incidents, it's still not like trips to Cardiff, Burnden Park or even Stockport on a Friday night used to be.

So much of it comes down to seating. There were always 'lads' whose behaviour you wouldn't want your family around. I've been on both sides of that situation. OK, so these days it's a bag of crap coke instead of 8 pints but the problem is still the same one. In the past you'd either move to the middle if you were on a boozy day out with your mates, or easily shuffle off to the sides if you were with your kids or your dad.

I took my lad to City a couple of seasons ago and had a similar experience.. coked up lads all trying to squeeze into the same row of seats, falling over chairs etc.. language, abuse.. it did put us off for a while. But I've been on those trips myself so can't be too sanctimonious, unfortunately you can't just move away now to a quieter area. Now my boy's a bit older, and has seen and heard it all before so we'll be going to Villa anyway. No smoke bombs or drugs for us mind.
These 3 users liked this post: cockneyclaret Burnley1989 Targetman

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2275 times
Has Liked: 2154 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:20 am

NottsClaret wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:09 am
It's a tough one this. Like many people, I've moaned about how football is a bit too gentrified now. You don't get the huge, drunken and noisy followings away as much now. And despite these recent incidents, it's still not like trips to Cardiff, Burnden Park or even Stockport on a Friday night used to be.

So much of it comes down to seating. There were always 'lads' whose behaviour you wouldn't want your family around. I've been on both sides of that situation. OK, so these days it's a bag of crap coke instead of 8 pints but the problem is still the same one. In the past you'd either move to the middle if you were on a boozy day out with your mates, or easily shuffle off to the sides if you were with your kids or your dad.

I took my lad to City a couple of seasons ago and had a similar experience.. coked up lads all trying to squeeze into the same row of seats, falling over chairs etc.. language, abuse.. it did put us off for a while. But I've been on those trips myself so can't be too sanctimonious, unfortunately you can't just move away now to a quieter area. Now my boy's a bit older, and has seen and heard it all before so we'll be going to Villa anyway. No smoke bombs or drugs for us mind.
Spot on.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:42 am

NottsClaret wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:09 am

My kid been with me and seen enough trouble at home games to take it all in his stride now

I mean, the pre-season friendly with Hannover was an eye opener for starters

All I'd say is that take your kids, but bear in mind that not everyone is going for the same reasons you are, and that should apply to everyone

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1148 times
Has Liked: 180 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:29 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:48 pm

Like any alcohol or drug it’s about the person taking it. A dangerous loon is always a dangerous loon whether he’s drinking vintage champagne or snorting some hideous mix of baking soda/ephedrine and benzocaine. While I’d never condone drug use ,lads have been taking gear at matches since the early 90’s and probably before .

2 Bee Holed
Been Liked: 548 times
Has Liked: 31 times

Post by 2 Bee Holed » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:24 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:18 pm

Well you live and learn.

I thought possession of a Class A drug, even if just for personal use, was an automatic arrest.

I also thought +2 interviews had been abolished, because people have a right to legal advice at all times.

NottsClaret
Been Liked: 2590 times

Post by NottsClaret » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:12 pm

2 Bee Holed wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:24 pm
Well you live and learn.

I thought possession of a Class A drug, even if just for personal use, was an automatic arrest.
I read a bit on the trouble around Wembley for the Euro final. A cop there was saying if you made an arrest each time you saw someone using a class A drug, you'd have no officers actually out at the scene within about 5 minutes. I imagine it's the same scenario most Saturdays around the country for every police force. You've got to be practical about it.