UTC & Reporting on Burnley Women FC

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
diamondpocket
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 215 times

UTC & Reporting on Burnley Women FC

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:55 pm

Why doesnt uptheclarets not report on the women's team?
There are always articles and info on the youth teams and U23s but nothing on the women.
Why not?
Not very inclusive or a good image on presenting another team under the Burnley FC banner.

Mattster
Been Liked: 353 times
Has Liked: 118 times

Re: UTC & Reporting on Burnley Women FC

Post by Mattster » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:58 pm

You volunteering?

You'd have to work on not using double negatives, mind.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony Dark Cloud

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 862 times
Has Liked: 1097 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Is there enough interest ? I know I’m not interested
This user liked this post: bobinho

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:04 pm

I'm not interested, I'm not interested in the e-Sports either.

conyoviejo
Been Liked: 2491 times
Has Liked: 1477 times

Post by conyoviejo » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:06 pm

Its a Burnley FC board not a ladies football team board.Why should it have a Burnley ladies team report on it..?

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:07 pm

Signed up to Tiktok app to watch the BFC ladies matches ... after 4 hrs of incessant notifications of Tiktok videos I sacked Tiktok ...

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:22 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:55 pm
Why doesnt uptheclarets not report on the women's team?
There are always articles and info on the youth teams and U23s but nothing on the women.
Why not?
Not very inclusive or a good image on presenting another team under the Burnley FC banner.
There are articles on the youth & under 23 teams because I’ve always had a strong interest in them and go to the games when I can because it gives me the opportunity to see players who might step up to the first team one day.

I have no interest in the women’s team at all.

Sorry it doesn’t suit your agenda on inclusivity and good images but it’s how it is.
These 7 users liked this post: conyoviejo aclaretinstevenage HandforthClaret tarkys_ears RalphCoatesComb gawthorpe_view groove

CaptainKirk
Been Liked: 385 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by CaptainKirk » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:26 pm

That told him! :D

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2318 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Nothing against women’s football at all, I just don’t follow it, I might do once my daughters a little older as my eldest has just started playing, I rarely read about the youth teams either to be fair

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:35 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:03 pm
Is there enough interest ? I know I’m not interested
Does anyone really have any interest in U18s footy? Do you know any of the names of the players, league position, who our strikers are?
Don't think anyone apart from a few hardcore follow the youth teams so I don't think there's that much interest there either.
It's not a question of interest, it's a Burnley FC club site covering all things about Burnley: history, youth teams, First team squad, etc.
I'm just surprised the women's team isn't covered seeing as it is now a part of the club.
Some would see it as sexism!

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:22 pm
There are articles on the youth & under 23 teams because I’ve always had a strong interest in them and go to the games when I can because it gives me the opportunity to see players who might step up to the first team one day.

I have no interest in the women’s team at all.

Sorry it doesn’t suit your agenda on inclusivity and good images but it’s how it is.
Fair enough. No agenda here. Just wondering why it wasn't covered seeing as every other aspect of the club is.
If you aren't interested then you aren't interested. Shame. Some would see that as a negative thing for inclusivity. Why not support the women's game?

Claretmisterg
Been Liked: 310 times
Has Liked: 338 times

Post by Claretmisterg » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:41 pm

UTC is not a club site. It is a fans forum. The official club site reports on the women’s team. As regards this site it’s down to the personal choice of the organisers. There’s nothing to stop members initiating threads to discuss the women’s team and their games etc.
These 2 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie claptrappers_union

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:48 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm
Fair enough. No agenda here. Just wondering why it wasn't covered seeing as every other aspect of the club is.
If you aren't interested then you aren't interested. Shame. Some would see that as a negative thing for inclusivity. Why not support the women's game?
Why is it seen as a negative? I have absolutely no interest at all in the women’s game, have no interest in Burnley FC Women and would never think of attending one of their games, let alone report on one. I really done understand this ‘some would see that as a negative thing for inclusivity’ at all.
These 7 users liked this post: conyoviejo bobinho dsr Boss Hogg RalphCoatesComb gawthorpe_view groove

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:56 pm

but why have you no interest in it? It's under Burnley FC, it's football, and we're all here for things Burnley related. What is it that you don't like about it?
I appreciate it's not a club site but a Tony Scholes site. Fair enough and he can do what he wants. No argument. I'm just wondering why it isn't covered seeing as everything else, and I mean everything else, even jobs in various departments get articles written about them. But zilch on the women's game. No interest. OK, why not?
This user liked this post: Paul Waine

bobinho
Been Liked: 4107 times
Has Liked: 6590 times

Post by bobinho » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:57 pm

It’s probably just part of the agenda he doesn’t have….

Nice to come on here and be able to select what I want to read, rather than have it forced upon me. Long may this continue.
This user liked this post: Boss Hogg

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:58 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:35 pm
Does anyone really have any interest in U18s footy? Do you know any of the names of the players, league position, who our strikers are?
Don't think anyone apart from a few hardcore follow the youth teams so I don't think there's that much interest there either.
It's not a question of interest, it's a Burnley FC club site covering all things about Burnley: history, youth teams, First team squad, etc.
I'm just surprised the women's team isn't covered seeing as it is now a part of the club.
If this is an attempt to volunteer to cover the women's side of the game, you probably need to PM Tony rather than making an oblique announcement like this.

aclaretinstevenage
Been Liked: 302 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Post by aclaretinstevenage » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:58 pm

Another with absolutely no interest in womens football. I wouldn't watch it if it was in my back garden.
This user liked this post: diamondpocket

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:59 pm

bobinho wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:57 pm
It’s probably just part of the agenda he doesn’t have….

Nice to come on here and be able to select what I want to read, rather than have it forced upon me. Long may this continue.
You can still select to not read it if it is on here. you do know that, don't you?
Just because it's on here doesn't mean it is forced upon you! haha :D

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:01 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:56 pm
but why have you no interest in it? It's under Burnley FC, it's football, and we're all here for things Burnley related. What is it that you don't like about it?
I appreciate it's not a club site but a Tony Scholes site. Fair enough and he can do what he wants. No argument. I'm just wondering why it isn't covered seeing as everything else, and I mean everything else, even jobs in various departments get articles written about them. But zilch on the women's game. No interest. OK, why not?
Stop trolling. You can't in one post say that no-one is interested in under 18's football and then complain that someone (who clearly is interested in under 18's football) isn't interested in women's football. It's illogical and can only be because you're trying to stir.
This user liked this post: bobinho

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:03 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
There are a lot of things I don’t have an interest in both within and outside football. I have absolutely no interest in women’s football.

Do I now have to start explaining to you why I don’t have an interest in various things? You are going to be very disappointed if you think I am.

Your last post, the one I’m quoting, is patronising at best and verging on insulting.

But one last time.

I HAVE NO INTEREST IN WOMEN’S FOOTBALL

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:05 pm

aclaretinstevenage wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:58 pm
Another with absolutely no interest in womens football. I wouldn't watch it if it was in my back garden.
He insults me yet likes your post but I’m with you, very strange. I’d draw the curtains if they were playing in my garden.
These 2 users liked this post: diamondpocket aclaretinstevenage

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:05 pm

I understand the view, but I think your statement is incorrect about the youth teams. There are regularly posts about the U23s, especially when the stream is on it can reach 100 comments.

Womens football in my opinion is a completely different sport, there’s very little intensity and it’s very slow to watch.

If you feel so strongly why don’t you watch the games and do a mini report and post it on here? I don’t imagine anyone will have a problem with it.

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:06 pm

dsr wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:01 pm
Stop trolling. You can't in one post say that no-one is interested in under 18's football and then complain that someone (who clearly is interested in under 18's football) isn't interested in women's football. It's illogical and can only be because you're trying to stir.
Where did I say noone is interested in U18s? I said there's a few hardcore who follow it but I'd hazard a guess that the majority on here don't.
Again, I'm not complaining. Can people not read? I'm just asking why there aren't occasional pieces on the women's progress seeing as it is now under Burnley FC?
I have understood CT isn't into it and he writes all the articles. Fine. I'm not arguing that. It'd be interesting to know why though.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:08 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:06 pm
Where did I say noone is interested in U18s? I said there's a few hardcore who follow it but I'd hazard a guess that the majority on here don't.
Again, I'm not complaining. Can people not read? I'm just asking why there aren't occasional pieces on the women's progress seeing as it is now under Burnley FC?
I have understood CT isn't into it and he writes all the articles. Fine. I'm not arguing that. It'd be interesting to know why though.
Are you completely stupid or just trying to cause trouble?

Why on earth do you or should you be interested in what I like and don’t like?

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3191 times
Has Liked: 1872 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:14 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
They may not know the names of all the players but people have an interest in the clubs u18/u23 as there is a possibility that the players that feature in those teams could play for the first team.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:17 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
I take it you werent one of the 3,000 Burnley fans who went away to Ewood to support the Under 18s a few years back, or one of the 10,000 who watched the return leg on The Turf ?

Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:21 pm

You can tell the schools are on holiday.

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:23 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:17 pm
I take it you werent one of the 3,000 Burnley fans who went away to Ewood to support the Under 18s a few years back, or one of the 10,000 who watched the return leg on The Turf ?
:lol: I wasn't, no. Was that because it was against Blackburn by any chance? How many went the game before/after?

Paul Waine
Been Liked: 2352 times
Has Liked: 3182 times

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:24 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Hi diamondpocket, I'm with you on this. Burnley Women are part of Burnley Football Club - and that's a good thing. It was wrong of the FA to ban women playing football back in 1921 (yes, that was more than 3 decades before I was born). It would have been good growing up when both boys and girls could play football. OK, so today the women's game has a lot of catching up to do. I'm pleased that Alan Pace and ALK are supporting the women's game. It's a little bit of good coming back from the "new world" to the old.

I'm down in south west London. Chelsea women are my nearest professional team. Some day I'd expect my daughter to take her daughters to watch a women's game. I'd be happy to go along with them. A few months back I was thrilled and surprised to see my 4 year old granddaughter doing step overs before shooting. She's playing football along with her reception year class mates.

We've already got female referees and assistant referees at the top level in the men's game. For some time there've been females in club ownership and director roles. There are female physios and females in other football club support roles. We are all used to female presenters and pundits commenting on the men's game - and achieving the same standards than their male counterparts. It cant be that far off a female being appointed as manager/coach of an EFL team. Maybe, some day, one or more of the Premier League teams will have female coaches.

UTC
These 2 users liked this post: diamondpocket evensteadiereddie

tarkys_ears
Been Liked: 1030 times
Has Liked: 1521 times

Post by tarkys_ears » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:27 pm

I think CT now officially owns diamondpocket

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:31 pm

Paul Waine wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:24 pm
Hi diamondpocket, I'm with you on this. Burnley Women are part of Burnley Football Club - and that's a good thing. It was wrong of the FA to ban women playing football back in 1921 (yes, that was more than 3 decades before I was born). It would have been good growing up when both boys and girls could play football. OK, so today the women's game has a lot of catching up to do. I'm pleased that Alan Pace and ALK are supporting the women's game. It's a little bit of good coming back from the "new world" to the old.

I'm down in south west London. Chelsea women are my nearest professional team. Some day I'd expect my daughter to take her daughters to watch a women's game. I'd be happy to go along with them. A few months back I was thrilled and surprised to see my 4 year old granddaughter doing step overs before shooting. She's playing football along with her reception year class mates.

We've already got female referees and assistant referees at the top level in the men's game. For some time there've been females in club ownership and director roles. There are female physios and females in other football club support roles. We are all used to female presenters and pundits commenting on the men's game - and achieving the same standards than their male counterparts. It cant be that far off a female being appointed as manager/coach of an EFL team. Maybe, some day, one or more of the Premier League teams will have female coaches.

UTC
No you are not with diamondpocket. You are promoting women in the game, which is fair enough. This thread was started to have a go at me for not reporting on Burnley FC Women.

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:32 pm

It's a shame the thread has gone as it is. My opening question wasn't a troll or intended to be controversial. It was genuine as to why there's no coverage seeing as it's a Burnley FC fan page. We came to the conclusion that it's because it's a fan site, run mainly by CT, who does an outstanding job. No arguments there. I just wanted to understand why. I'm weird like that it seems, wanting to understand people's reasons.
Looking at other posts, I'm guessing it's because the footy's deemed crap and who knows what else.

randomclaret2
Been Liked: 2758 times
Has Liked: 4325 times

Post by randomclaret2 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:34 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:23 pm
:lol: I wasn't, no. Was that because it was against Blackburn by any chance? How many went the game before/after?
Would similar numbers watch Burnley Women v Blackburn women then ?

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:35 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:08 pm
Are you completely stupid or just trying to cause trouble?

Why on earth do you or should you be interested in what I like and don’t like?
You got a Stalker :twisted:

Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:36 pm

Freedom of choice means you can always go and set up a BFC women’s fans site and forum. Most on here want to read about the men’s team. I find women’s football a poor spectacle and feel the top level is piggy backing the men’s game. If it’s popular it should do well in its own right.
This user liked this post: CnBtruntru

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:36 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:17 pm
I went to both games, the only youth team games I've ever attended :D

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3804 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:38 pm

Women's football is really poor, it's almost a different sport entirely. There's a reason it can't even leech much viewership wise from the mens game even with the huge 'ram it down your neck 2021 inclusive'' spiel.
This user liked this post: aclaretinstevenage

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:40 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:31 pm
No you are not with diamondpocket. You are promoting women in the game, which is fair enough. This thread was started to have a go at me for not reporting on Burnley FC Women.
No, it wasn't. It was just a question as to why there isn't news about the girls on here. You answered. I asked why.You said you're not interested. I asked why. You had a hissy fit. End of. Topic's finished for me.

It's a shame. I'm sure the women would appreciate some coverage on the main fan site for Burnley fans. But most people aren't interested so I guess you don't feel the need to inform people. Cool.

RalphCoatesComb
Been Liked: 2416 times
Has Liked: 2115 times

Post by RalphCoatesComb » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:42 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
I believe the point was made earlier. Want a report on Women's football at t'Turf, then go ahead and report on it. I'm sure it won't get taken down. Looks like you're looking for an argument that isn't there.
These 3 users liked this post: CnBtruntru ClaretTony Boss Hogg

CnBtruntru
Been Liked: 698 times
Has Liked: 608 times

Post by CnBtruntru » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:44 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:36 pm
Freedom of choice means you can always go and set up a BFC women’s fans site and forum. Most on here want to read about the men’s team. I find women’s football a poor spectacle and feel the top level is piggy backing the men’s game. If it’s popular it should do well in its own right.
Or I am sure if someone wants to watch the Women's games they could write a report and posts it and it is in my opinion not the responsibility of the site owners/producers to do a report on the Women's games.
I used to watch my daughter play until she did her cruciate, but that was because she played, not because the women's game was of interest to me and totally agree with what you have wrote.

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:49 pm

randomclaret2 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:34 pm
Would similar numbers watch Burnley Women v Blackburn women then ?
who cares. It's not a competition. Just because they all went for a one off game doesn't mean there's that much interest. Again, how many have regularly gone to youth games, cup games over the years, on average? That's the real measure.

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:54 pm

So, CT, just for confirmation. If I wanted to write articles every now and then on the progress of the ladies team, would you mind putting them up?
I can't get to the games coz I don't live near enough to be able to do it but I can still follow from afar. What d'ya say?

Hipper
Been Liked: 1178 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:55 pm

Like Tony and I think quite a few others, I have no interest in the women's game, and I don't want to see posts on the subject on this forum. I've no objection if there was a separate forum to cover this.

I believe there are Facebook and Twitter pages you can look at.

This site came about after a reaction to the problems on ClaretMad. It was set up by CT and others and has been well run for nearly six years. They are perfectly entitled to set the agenda for what is and is not wanted.

Boss Hogg

Post by Boss Hogg » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Reports on matches you don’t attend ? Do you work for The Sun ?

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:00 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:31 pm
Hi CT, I guess there's stuff I'm not aware of. I didn't see the OP as having a go at you, or anyone on the mb. Thanks for your "fair enough."

A lot of stress around at the moment. We've all missed the Watford and Villa games, especially the chance to see the club move up the league. And, then there's all this non-footballing stuff messing with what we all want to do. I can understand why some express a little of their stress by posting on a mb.

We've got a great community here on UptheClarets and the BeeHoleEnd. That's down to you. Thanks for setting it up and running it all these years.

UTC

Paul Waine

Post by Paul Waine » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:04 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:49 pm
who cares. It's not a competition. Just because they all went for a one off game doesn't mean there's that much interest. Again, how many have regularly gone to youth games, cup games over the years, on average? That's the real measure.
I was at the FA Youth Cup final at Turf Moor in 1968. That was a great night.

That's the only u18 I've been on.

UTC

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10257 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:10 pm

Hipper wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:55 pm
Like Tony and I think quite a few others, I have no interest in the women's game, and I don't want to see posts on the subject on this forum. I've no objection if there was a separate forum to cover this.

I believe there are Facebook and Twitter pages you can look at.

This site came about after a reaction to the problems on ClaretMad. It was set up by CT and others and has been well run for nearly six years. They are perfectly entitled to set the agenda for what is and is not wanted.

I don't like or even understand why people would post images of their dogs , some dressed in ridiculous fashion.(the dogs as well) but that thread has been allowed to stay on here.
I'd imagine a women's football match/news review would be a darn sight more relevant if anyone were have a go at covering it.

diamondpocket

Post by diamondpocket » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:12 pm

Boss Hogg wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:58 pm
Reports on matches you don’t attend ? Do you work for The Sun ?
ever heard of technology? tiktok by any chance? or you still living in the dark ages?

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6762 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:14 pm

I think women's football is about as interesting as men's netball would be

Lowbankclaret
Been Liked: 1233 times
Has Liked: 56 times

Post by Lowbankclaret » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:16 pm

diamondpocket wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm
Mainly because it’s rubbish, like many other I have no interest as it’s not very competitive.

Just to show that point the Brazil national women’s side played a pro teams under 16’s, they got beat 8-0. Says it all really.

Good luck to them and I hope they enjoy every success.