ChatGPT

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Raconteur
Been Liked: 106 times
Has Liked: 204 times

ChatGPT

Post by Raconteur » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:40 pm

Has anyone else been playing around with Chatgpt.
Its unbelievable once you learn how to harness its capabilities. I will never go back to Google for most things. I am even using it for work related projects. It makes me feel like a cheat.

Its pretty scary how advanced AI is becoming and it's only going to improve it's capabilities.

It won't be long until the movie Ex Machina becomes a reality :)

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Re: ChatGPT

Post by Greenmile » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:46 pm

I’ve never used it, but apparently it’s “woke”, so there will be a few on here that won’t like it.

https://unherd.com/thepost/chatgpt-is-n ... y-neutral/
This user liked this post: Raconteur

HiThere
Been Liked: 274 times
Has Liked: 505 times

Post by HiThere » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:48 pm

Yes, been using it for a few weeks. Sold a few articles on - takes 5-10 minutes for a 1000-word article with ChatGPT and Quillbot.

Have you checked out MidJourney? A decent app for creating AI images.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:53 pm

I've been playing too. It's going to change the world. Emails, proposals, scripts, reports... What used to take a huge chunk of my day are now basically done in seconds for me.

When I say change the world, I mean it. It's going to change the way a lot of professions work.
Last edited by claptrappers_union on Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aggi
Been Liked: 2123 times

Post by aggi » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:53 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:46 pm
I’ve never used it, but apparently it’s “woke”, so there will be a few on here that won’t like it.

Don't worry, Microsoft has them covered
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 4c37615502
These 3 users liked this post: dougcollins Greenmile Raconteur

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:56 pm

Greenmile wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:46 pm

Never used it myself, or even heard of it until reading this thread, however Sleeping Beauty would be woke to some posters on here.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Post by Greenmile » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:03 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:56 pm
Never used it myself, or even heard of it until reading this thread, however Sleeping Beauty would be woke to some posters on here.
The original Sleeping Beauty story was anything but woke. More like something for the Andrew Tate fans.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php ... r-instead/

Raconteur

Post by Raconteur » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:17 pm

HiThere wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:48 pm
Yes, been using it for a few weeks. Sold a few articles on - takes 5-10 minutes for a 1000-word article with ChatGPT and Quillbot.

Have you checked out MidJourney? A decent app for creating AI images.
I have. Midjourney is also ace. I am on the discord server for this. Some of the images it throws out from just random comments is amazing.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1573 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:21 pm

It’s truly excellent.

Tech that is going to change the world

Raconteur

Post by Raconteur » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:30 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:53 pm
I've been playing too. It's going to change the world. Emails, proposals, scripts, reports... What used to take a huge chunk of my day are now basically done in seconds for me.

When I say change the world, I mean it. It's going to change the way a lot of professions work.
I totally agree. It's already changed the way I work and like you, it's giving me back hours of my day.

Penwortham_Claret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:32 pm

I’ve just watched a brief video on it having never previously heard of it.

Those saying it is saving then time during the day; can you give some examples of how you are using it to make such a difference?

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2635 times
Has Liked: 6464 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:54 pm

It’s good for technical questions such as “how do I optimise a gold image for Citrix?” But crap on simple stuff like “which football team currently sits atop the championship?” (It answered Leeds when I asked that!)

Raconteur

Post by Raconteur » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:58 pm

Penwortham_Claret wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:32 pm
I’ve just watched a brief video on it having never previously heard of it.

Those saying it is saving then time during the day; can you give some examples of how you are using it to make such a difference?
While wanting to stay private and not letting people work out my professional life.

There is quite a few links that will help you find out how you can use it for different tasks.

https://www.meltdigital.com/knowledge-h ... -to-speed/

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/12/08/h ... n-seconds/

Saves you time in researching, Equating.
This user liked this post: Penwortham_Claret

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:19 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:54 pm
It’s good for technical questions such as “how do I optimise a gold image for Citrix?” But crap on simple stuff like “which football team currently sits atop the championship?” (It answered Leeds when I asked that!)
Thats because it currently has limited knowledge from beyond 2021 at the moment

timshorts
Been Liked: 413 times
Has Liked: 307 times

Post by timshorts » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:19 pm

Rick_Muller wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:54 pm
That's because it corrected some of the dodgy refereeing decisions from last year. Leeds went down.
This user liked this post: Bosscat

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:23 pm

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:19 pm
Thats because it currently has limited knowledge from beyond 2021 at the moment
So its that good huh ... Probably thinks Cryptocurrency is worth billions too 😉

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:34 pm

Write me a funny story about a forum user called Bosscat who is skeptical about the possibilities of ChatGPT, claptrappers writes a silly response while ClaretTony delivers some bad news at end

Once upon a time, there was a forum user named Bosscat who was skeptical about the capabilities of ChatGPT. He thought that the program was just a fancy chatbot that could only give pre-programmed responses.

One day, another forum user named Claptrappers decided to prove Bosscat wrong by responding to one of his posts with a silly comment. "Wow Bosscat, I never knew you could type with your tail! You're like a cat-human hybrid! #BosscatTheTypingCat"

Bosscat, who was taken aback by Claptrappers comment, decided to give ChatGPT a chance and asked it a question. "What is the meaning of life?"

ChatGPT responded promptly, "The meaning of life is a philosophical question that has been pondered by many throughout history. Some believe it is to seek happiness, others believe it is to fulfill a certain purpose or destiny."

Bosscat was impressed and apologized for doubting the capabilities of ChatGPT. But then, ClaretTony, another forum user, delivered some bad news. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ChatGPT is not a cat-human hybrid and cannot type with his tail. It's just a computer program."

Bosscat was embarrassed and went back to his corner of the internet to ponder the true meaning of life and the capabilities of ChatGPT. The end.

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:38 pm

Turn it into a poem with Burnley winning on Saturday

There once was a cat named Bosscat
Who thought ChatGPT was just a bot
But Claptrappers proved him wrong
With a silly comment all along

"Wow Bosscat, you type with your tail?
A cat-human hybrid without fail?"

Bosscat then asked ChatGPT deep
"What is the meaning of life to keep?"
But before ChatGPT could reply
Bosscat's thoughts began to fly

To Burnley FC, his heart's delight
Saturday's match would be just right
He knew they'd win, what a feat
And all his doubts and worries, defeat

So Bosscat now believes in ChatGPT
And cheers for Burnley, victory to get.

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 393 times

Post by Cooclaret » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:46 pm

Raconteur wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:40 pm
Has anyone else been playing around with Chatgpt.
Its unbelievable once you learn how to harness its capabilities. I will never go back to Google for most things. I am even using it for work related projects. It makes me feel like a cheat.

Its pretty scary how advanced AI is becoming and it's only going to improve it's capabilities.

It won't be long until the movie Ex Machina becomes a reality :)
I’m all for Ai if they’re as unhinged and as hot as Ava.

Happy but also devastated they never expanded on that world.

Devils_Advocate
Been Liked: 5210 times
Has Liked: 921 times

Post by Devils_Advocate » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:14 pm

Never heard of this thing but thought Id give it a try and it did a pretty good job knocking this up in less than a minute...

Once upon a time, there was a football club that was truly beloved by its fans. This club was Leeds United, and they had the most dedicated and passionate supporters in the world. No matter what the team's results were on the field, the fans would always be there to cheer them on.

The fans of other teams were all envious of Leeds, and the team that were most jealous of Leeds was Burnley. Burnley was considered a "tinpot" club, with a small and unenthusiastic fanbase. They could never understand how Leeds had such a large and devoted following.

But the Leeds fans knew the secret to their success: it was all about the love of the game. They had a deep and genuine passion for football, and this was something that no other team could match.

As the years went by, Leeds continued to dominate on the field, and their fans grew even more passionate and dedicated. They would travel all over the country to support their team, and the players always knew that they could count on the fans to be there for them.

In the end, it was clear that Leeds was the best-supported football club in the world, and that football fans from other teams could only dream of having such a dedicated and passionate fanbase. And as for Burnley, they were left to envy the greatness that was Leeds United.

The end.

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:17 pm

I've given instructions regarding the last page on the Wout Wegorst to Man Utd topic firstly asking what the general consensus is - shows how easy it is to write content now

The general consensus from this forum transcript is that there are mixed opinions on the potential transfer of Weghorst to Manchester United. Some users are excited about the possibility and believe it could benefit their team financially, while others are uncertain about the details of the transfer and want more information. Some users express concern that he may be a scapegoat if he doesn't perform well and others are worried about the potential loss of a key player. Overall, it seems that the users are speculating about the potential transfer and are interested to learn more about the details.

Create an article about this

According to reports from Foot Mercato, Manchester United is in advanced talks to sign Dutch striker Wout Weghorst on loan from Turkish team Besiktas. The news has sent fans of both teams into a frenzy, with many speculating about the potential outcome of the move.

Weghorst, who joined Besiktas in 2019, has been in impressive form for the Turkish team, scoring 33 goals in 63 appearances. The 27-year-old forward is known for his aerial ability and strength, making him a formidable presence in the box.

Manchester United fans are excited about the possibility of Weghorst joining their team, with many praising his goal-scoring record and physical attributes. Some believe that he could be the missing piece in the United puzzle, helping to bolster their attack and lead them to success in the Premier League and Europe.

However, not all fans are convinced that the move would be beneficial for the team. Some are concerned about the lack of information regarding the terms of the loan and whether there is an option to buy included. Others are worried that Weghorst may not be able to adapt to the fast-paced and physical nature of the Premier League.

Besiktas fans, on the other hand, are sad to see Weghorst go, with many praising his performances for the team and his goal-scoring ability. Some are concerned about the lack of a recall clause in the loan deal and fear that the team will be left short-handed in attack.

The transfer is yet to be officially confirmed, and it remains to be seen what the outcome will be. However, one thing is for certain, the move has sparked a lot of interest and speculation among fans of both teams.

As Weghorst is one of the most prolific goal scorers in the Turkish league, this move will definitely shake things up for both teams. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to the premier league and how he will fit into Manchester United's team. Only time will tell if this move will be a success for both clubs

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:19 pm

Turn this into a tweet

"Breaking News: Manchester United in advanced talks to sign Dutch striker Wout Weghorst on loan from Besiktas. Fans excited about the possibility of a new goal-scoring threat, but concerns about the terms of the loan. Stay tuned for updates #ManUnited #Weghorst #TransferNews"

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:24 pm

Black pudding is a traditional delicacy that is enjoyed by many, and for fans of the dish, finding a high-quality version can be a priority. Recently, on the Up The Clarets forum, a group of Clarets from Devon were planning a trip to Burnley and were looking for a source of black pudding similar to the ones that used to be sold by Donald Smith on the market.

One forum member suggested Bury as the traditional home of black pudding, and recommended visiting Bury Market where several meat suppliers such as Chadwick's Original Bury Black Puddings Ltd. and The Bury Black Pudding Co.Ltd. can be found. Another forum member, AGENT_CLARET, recommended Hey's Family Butchers, which is a good butcher shop that is just 2 minutes walk from the Turf and is open on Saturdays from 7 am to 12:30 pm.

Clovius Boofus also recommended Hey's Family Butchers, noting that they stock Browns of Chorley haggis and have decent sausage. Bfc also offered to help and see if they can get hot black pudding from a shop close to George's Butchers for the group to eat on the premises and pay only for the pudding.

Overall, it seems that Hey's Family Butchers is a great option for those looking for high-quality black pudding in Burnley, and Bury is also a good option for those looking for traditional black pudding. This forum discussion on Up The Clarets provides valuable information for Clarets fans traveling to Burnley and looking for delicious black pudding.

Oshkoshclaret
Been Liked: 318 times
Has Liked: 83 times

Post by Oshkoshclaret » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:55 pm

It's a game changer. I am using it every day at work.

Penwortham_Claret

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:46 am

Ok, I’ve had a play and I get it, it’s a game changer! I can only imagine the potential once you better understand it’s capabilities

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:09 am

New technology is rolling out all the time, and we are spoilt because a lot of the time, I'm not that impressed I know that we've had AI for a long time. Still, this app, even in its infancy, will change everything from everyday tasks to education, workflows, and communication...

If you're a parent to a young person now... Not sure what they're going to do in their career, encourage them learn a trade, become a plumber or a builder or work in childcare - something that needs hands and tools or you to be physically be there.

If you spend most of your time working on a computer, you going have learn to adapt.

Penwortham_Claret

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:20 am

Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:17 pm
I've given instructions regarding the last page on the Wout Wegorst to Man Utd topic firstly asking what the general consensus is - shows how easy it is to write content now

The general consensus from this forum transcript is that there are mixed opinions on the potential transfer of Weghorst to Manchester United. Some users are excited about the possibility and believe it could benefit their team financially, while others are uncertain about the details of the transfer and want more information. Some users express concern that he may be a scapegoat if he doesn't perform well and others are worried about the potential loss of a key player. Overall, it seems that the users are speculating about the potential transfer and are interested to learn more about the details.

Create an article about this

According to reports from Foot Mercato, Manchester United is in advanced talks to sign Dutch striker Wout Weghorst on loan from Turkish team Besiktas. The news has sent fans of both teams into a frenzy, with many speculating about the potential outcome of the move.

Weghorst, who joined Besiktas in 2019, has been in impressive form for the Turkish team, scoring 33 goals in 63 appearances. The 27-year-old forward is known for his aerial ability and strength, making him a formidable presence in the box.

Manchester United fans are excited about the possibility of Weghorst joining their team, with many praising his goal-scoring record and physical attributes. Some believe that he could be the missing piece in the United puzzle, helping to bolster their attack and lead them to success in the Premier League and Europe.

However, not all fans are convinced that the move would be beneficial for the team. Some are concerned about the lack of information regarding the terms of the loan and whether there is an option to buy included. Others are worried that Weghorst may not be able to adapt to the fast-paced and physical nature of the Premier League.

Besiktas fans, on the other hand, are sad to see Weghorst go, with many praising his performances for the team and his goal-scoring ability. Some are concerned about the lack of a recall clause in the loan deal and fear that the team will be left short-handed in attack.

The transfer is yet to be officially confirmed, and it remains to be seen what the outcome will be. However, one thing is for certain, the move has sparked a lot of interest and speculation among fans of both teams.

As Weghorst is one of the most prolific goal scorers in the Turkish league, this move will definitely shake things up for both teams. It will be interesting to see how he adapts to the premier league and how he will fit into Manchester United's team. Only time will tell if this move will be a success for both clubs
How did you link to the forum? Copy & paste of the content of using the http?

HiThere

Post by HiThere » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:24 am

Raconteur wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:17 pm
I have. Midjourney is also ace. I am on the discord server for this. Some of the images it throws out from just random comments is amazing.
Yeah I use it with Discord too. One downside is that it's limited with the dimensions/ratio it can output.
Quick tip - use LetsEnhance to increase the quality of the image. And you can use Inpaint to often remove the watermark that LetsEnhance leaves on the free option, without it being noticeable.

Going back to ChatGPT, GPT-4 comes out early this year and it'll be way better. But it won't always be free. I expect they'll use credits to charge people per run. There are also already tools that can detect AI content and can tell it's not been written naturally.
These 2 users liked this post: Raconteur whiffa

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:36 am

Penwortham_Claret wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:20 am
How did you link to the forum? Copy & paste of the content of using the http?
I basically 'selected all', copied and pasted everything into Chat GPT, instructing it that it's from a forum. It worked the rest out itself and created the content within a few seconds

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3605 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:58 am

Makes elements of my job as a service designer scarily simple. What would previously take 1-2 hours to get a bid text submission (i.e, 5000 words on the benefits of the Cyber Essentials accreditation to a company in the health industry) complete, can provide me a baseline that I can tinker with in seconds. The more specific the requirement, the better the output.

A bit too easy though - progress is great but the reality is AI will result in millions of jobs becoming utterly irrelevant over the course of the next decade I think. The progression in the last 5 years has been absolutely insane. I don't see a particularly healthy future long term for roles within programming, coding etc. Within the creative fields, I think you'll see things like video games, animation (as an example) being created almost entirely via AI within the next 10 years, for sure. Its super impressive and feels like the threshold has been breached now. There will almost one day be a 'Before AI' and 'After AI' look at how work as a concept has been performed I think.

HiThere

Post by HiThere » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:07 am

jedi_master wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:58 am
I don't see a particularly healthy future long term for roles within programming, coding etc. Within the creative fields, I think you'll see things like video games, animation (as an example) being created almost entirely via AI within the next 10 years, for sure. Its super impressive and feels like the threshold has been breached now.
I have colleagues who have created Chrome add-ons and Wordpress plugins pretty much entirely with ChatGPT plus with a bit of their own coding know-how, so it's already here on a smaller scale. But working online is very much a case of evolving. That's always been the case. What AI may replace within the next 10 years could also be used to people's advantage to replace the service(s) they are providing now.
This user liked this post: jedi_master

Pickles
Been Liked: 1392 times
Has Liked: 1226 times

Post by Pickles » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:19 am

I haven't used it myself yet but looking at the examples on this thread, it's difficult to see anything other than it being a gamechanger. Hopefully we can finally get a budge on and get the robots to do most of our jobs while we do stuff we actually enjoy like travel and make art. Although will these hobbies and vocations be weakened if they don't come from and in between the toil of work.
These 3 users liked this post: HiThere jedi_master Raconteur

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:29 am

I think there will be a time in the near future when we will prefer advice from A.I. rather than a human.

Take your local GP, for example. Why go in, when you can type in all your symptoms, we have the technology at home to measure your pulse, bloods and take pictures using a smartphone? An app like ChatGPT can answer any concerns, prescribe the medication, and send it to your home with further instructions on booking potential hospital visits or seeing a specialist right there and then. We have a service that does this now, but it is cumbersome compared to what we will see in the near future.

This is like next-level internet. And we're just cocking about with it asking it to write silly football articles at the moment.
These 2 users liked this post: HiThere Raconteur

Rick_Muller
Been Liked: 2635 times
Has Liked: 6464 times

Post by Rick_Muller » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:34 am

always remember the Jeff Goldblum quote from Jurassic Park when it comes to ground-breaking technology developments...
“YEAH, BUT YOUR SCIENTISTS WERE SO PREOCCUPIED WITH WHETHER OR NOT THEY COULD THAT THEY DIDN’T STOP TO THINK IF THEY SHOULD.”
AI does present some worries and concerns for humanity, but the other quote from Jeff is also apt...
"LIFE FINDS A WAY"

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:41 am

So are you all actually replying to this, or have your all got this system running it for you?

Stayingup
Been Liked: 922 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:45 am

AI will signal the end of many manual tasks and jobs. For examples, self driven cars and trains. What could be a concern is what will the ex-employed do then?

Pickles

Post by Pickles » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:48 am

Stayingup wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:45 am
AI will signal the end of many manual tasks and jobs. For examples, self driven cars and trains. What could be a concern is what will the ex-employed do then?
Fun things, self development, art, travel, fitness. All the things we'd pursue if our lives weren't crammed with the mundane of most jobs. But as I wrote a few moments ago in this thread, perhaps those things won't be as fulfilling if they aren't surrounded by the structure of work.

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:53 am

There's obviously going to be a shift. It's hard to tell exactly, but whatever changes are going to happen they are not long down the road; they are around the corner. Reporters will soon be able to knock an article or a report together in their own voice, they won't need to type everything up, just the basics... So they need to add more value to their profession

Like this very thread that I'll turn into a Seinfeld episode in my next post...
This user liked this post: HiThere

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:59 am

Pickles wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:48 am
Fun things, self development, art, travel, fitness. All the things we'd pursue if our lives weren't crammed with the mundane of most jobs. But as I wrote a few moments ago in this thread, perhaps those things won't be as fulfilling if they aren't surrounded by the structure of work.
Talking about retirement with a bunch of dads watching my youngest football training last night

About 50/50 with those who will give up completely and expect to be fulfilled with leisure stuff, and those that just can't imagine not working

Stayingup
Been Liked: 922 times
Has Liked: 2756 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:59 am

Pickles wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:48 am
Travel?? You need to have money to travel and unless you have a job or AI provides free travel and accommodation your fooked!!

I have had a look at this and I have concerns. Many school leavers today struggle with reading and writing and of course Mathematics. This sort of thing whilst evry useful for the erudite may well hasten the lack of communication between peoples. In offices now, many dont soeak they just text each other. Astounding to me.

As an aside and to show where Mathematics standards are a test was recently carried out on a number of MP's . It was this. What is the probabilty of getting heads twice from two coin throws. 50% of MP's from one party got the right answer whilst only 25% ffrom another party gort the right answer. No wonder we're in a pickle!!!

HistoricalClaret
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by HistoricalClaret » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:03 pm

As a univserity student its a game changer, have an essay question you don't understand slap it in to ChatGPT and it writes an introduction for you and very much helps you form the foundations of your argument its an extremely useful tool

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:18 pm

INT. JERRY'S APARTMENT - DAY

Jerry and George are sitting on the couch, chatting.

JERRY
(Holding a laptop)
So, I was reading this forum on UpTheClarets and I saw something interesting.

GEORGE
(Not paying attention)
Oh yeah?

JERRY
Yeah, they were talking about this new AI program called ChatGPT.

GEORGE
(Excited)
Oh, I know that one! Its unbelievable, once you learn how to harness its capabilities.

JERRY
(surprised)
Really? You know about it?

GEORGE
(proudly)
Yeah, I've been playing around with it for a while now. It makes me feel like a cheat.

JERRY
(jokingly)
So, you're cheating on Google with ChatGPT?

GEORGE
(laughing)
Yeah, you could say that. I even thought about using it for dating, but then I realized it's not a replacement for human interaction.

The doorbell rings and Jerry gets up to answer it. It's Elaine.

ELAINE
(upset)
Hey, guys! I just found out that people are making rude pictures of me on this app, MidJourney.

JERRY
(laughing)
What? That's hilarious! I might have to use that for my stand-up material.

GEORGE
(excited)
Really? Can I see them?

ELAINE
(offended)
No, George! It's not funny, it's disrespectful and creepy.

GEORGE
(defensive)
I was just curious, I was thinking of using it to chat with women on dating apps.

JERRY
(jokingly)
Yeah, George, because nothing screams genuine interest like a computer-generated message.

ELAINE
(shaking her head)
You two are something else.

Just as they're about to continue their discussion, the door bursts open and Kramer comes in.

KRAMER
(excited)
Hey, have you guys heard? Wout Weghorst is signing for Manchester United!

JERRY
(confused)
What? That's not possible.

GEORGE
(also confused)
Yeah, I haven't heard anything about that.

KRAMER
(disappointed)
Oh, well. I was sure I heard something about it on the internet.

ELAINE
(shaking her head)
Kramer, you have to be more careful about what you believe on the internet.

KRAMER
(shocked)
But it was on a forum! It has to be true!

JERRY
(jokingly)
Yeah, and I'm sure ChatGPT wrote that post.

The scene ends with the four of them laughing at Kramer's mistake and discussing the potential impact of AI on the world of soccer.

FADE TO BLACK.

THE END.

claret2018
Been Liked: 819 times
Has Liked: 26 times

Post by claret2018 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:58 pm

It’s very clever and it will certainly be a big help in certain industries.

I just tried it with a fairly straight forward work related question and it got it completely wrong, and nothing to do with the answer being out of date.

Anyone using this for work needs to be very careful!

claptrappers_union

Post by claptrappers_union » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:32 pm

claret2018 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:58 pm
It’s very clever and it will certainly be a big help in certain industries.

I just tried it with a fairly straight forward work related question and it got it completely wrong, and nothing to do with the answer being out of date.

Anyone using this for work needs to be very careful!
Its not a search engine or a chatbot. It informs you at the beginning of its limitations -
May occasionally generate incorrect information
May occasionally produce harmful instructions or biased content
Limited knowledge of world and events after 2021

I've been using it to compose long emails; for example, I roughly type what I want to say, then I ask to - "rewrite it in a more detailed, friendly approach" - and it does, then I copy and paste it into to email app, and I add the bits and jig it about a bit, make it sound more like me and then fire to off, and it saves loads of time.

I used it today for something where I made a list, with some details next to each item; then I realised this will be better as a table... so I pasted it into ChatBGT and asked it to make into a table... and it did. Formatted and everything. I don't need need to open word or excel

Pickles

Post by Pickles » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:10 pm

Stayingup wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:59 am
Travel?? You need to have money to travel
Well they aren't gunna be paying the robots are they... Idealistic, I know.

HiThere

Post by HiThere » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:37 pm

:D

Woman, 37, decides to divorce her husband and move in with her lover – because AI bot ChatGPT TOLD her to
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... LD-to.html

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:44 pm

HiThere wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:37 pm
:D

Woman, 37, decides to divorce her husband and move in with her lover – because AI bot ChatGPT TOLD her to
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... LD-to.html
Perhaps her meeting a lover on "illicit lovers.com" told her a lot more about whether her marriage needed ending ... than needing to ask a virtual chatbot 🤣🤣🤣

Who was the one on here that bought a virtual house for £2000 and then moaned it was being overrun by Virtual Wehrmacht soldiers 😉

There are some weird folk who do weird stuff about 🤣