Please stop playing weakened teams.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Re: Please stop playing weakened teams.

Post by warksclaret » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:43 pm

We could have won easily today had our decision making in their penalty area been better-Benson the main culprit. Of the guys who dont play much GPK was sound, and nothing to do,Taylor outstanding and a good opportunity for VK to see him at LB, and Twine showed some good passing and took up good positions. Foster should be ripping up these lower placed teams defences by now but I cannot see what he brings to our game (I have more faith in Obefami), whilst Churlinov despite his running just could not get in the game. No probs for me in rotating the squad but may have gone a tad too far today, and inevitably we lost two points, but still unbeaten since November

Sozturf7
Been Liked: 89 times

Post by Sozturf7 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:57 pm

Please stop posting.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:57 pm

equinox wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:23 pm
Well I'd rather be on 93 points rather than 91.
And I’d rather we have one less “supporter” but thems the breaks

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 1070 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:01 pm

We have 5 games left, with just one biggie left to play. The other 4 games will help VK decide who to release at the end of this campaign. When he let's those players know it will be better all round if he has given them some game time on which to base that decision. He also wants players playing for selection for the game down the M65.

Commy
Been Liked: 469 times
Has Liked: 43 times

Post by Commy » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:09 pm

We don't look as good or sharp at front with all the changes. Probably due to those players not having plenty of game time, so not being sharp and needing more time to think. We didn't play badly, just didn't look like we were ever going to score. He might have put too many changes in at once.

aclaretinstevenage
Been Liked: 302 times
Has Liked: 733 times

Post by aclaretinstevenage » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:24 pm

The Samaritans could be busy tonight reading this thread. Good grief!

expoultryboy
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by expoultryboy » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:24 pm

Stop feeding him and he'll stop posting

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:30 pm

Our opening game this season was a one nil win and an indicator to us all how we were going to play this season. It was then followed by about 10 games where we were a mixed bag while everyone was getting used to the new style and playing in a new country. We then went on a league winning run.
Today some players with little 1st team minutes are selected and we're back to those kind of results we experienced earlier in the season, I think we have the margin to allow them the time to get into the groove.
Promoted and Champions with games spare to evaluate the wider squad, absolutely brilliant Burnley.

JimmyRobbo
Been Liked: 509 times
Has Liked: 886 times

Post by JimmyRobbo » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:45 pm

I couldn't see anyone else post it but I hope he fields a full strength team at Ewood.

Here's-Johnny
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by Here's-Johnny » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:55 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:03 pm
FFS it was bad enough when fans used to rock up at 5pm when we got beat.
Now if we don’t win a game even in a season like this you get fans who are not happy.

How many opportunities does a manager get to have a look at fringe or new players in a competitive game without the pressure of having to get a result ? VK has earned that opportunity by blowing away the rest of the league with what many people are saying is one of the best sides ever to play at this level.

As it happens in Foster, Twine and the centre back all starting these are our 3 biggest signings under VK and it’s hardly fielding a weak team. Foster probably cost more than the whole of the Reading team put together.

If you can’t just relax and enjoy the fantastic position we find ourselves in then not sure how some will cope with the likelihood that it’s probably never going to be better than this season.
Managers know how fickle fan's are......I wont be at all surprised When VK bails out...sooner rather than Later.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:43 am

Right let's examine this weakened team.

BPF- NI international who has been reliable when called upon this season.
Roberts- Wales international who many claim has been the best right back in the Championship since the World Cup.
Al-Dakhil- Belgium Under 21 international who is highly rated.
Beyer- German Under 21 international who many feel will go on to enjoy a great career.
Taylor- Some claim he is the best left back at the club, I disagree but he's a reliable option for Kompany to call upon in certain games.
Cullen ROI international who' will probably scoop most of our player of the season awards.
JBG- Iceland international who has been a key ,member of our promotion side.
Benson- another Belgium Under 21 international who can be classed as mainstay when fit.
Twine- one of our bigger money signings, and last season's League 1 player of the year.
Tella- our top scorer by a long way, and we really suffered when he went off.
Foster- SA international who we forked out a fair amount for in January.

So 8 internationals in that starting XI and yet it's considered weak by some, let's be honest we were the only team pushing to win the match, and if Benson & Churlinov (another international) had buried their chances we'd have walked away with a 2-0 win.

AmbleClaret
Been Liked: 216 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by AmbleClaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:53 am

equinox wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:10 pm
The fitness coaches should keep their noses out if that's the case.

Fitness coaches don't win football matches.
Luckily for the rest of us,schools are back tomorrow.

Steve1956
Been Liked: 6492 times
Has Liked: 2919 times

Post by Steve1956 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:00 am

JimmyRobbo wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:45 pm
I couldn't see anyone else post it but I hope he fields a full strength team at Ewood.
No need we could beat that shower playing the youth team. :D

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:04 am

I think its fine now we are promoted ,in moderation, but you pay a price for it.Other than Taylor, Al Dahill who had very good games, and to some degree Twine, I am not sure VK witnessed what he wanted from the fringe players that started. Reminds me of the teams SD put out for the various cup games-we rarely progressed

equinox
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by equinox » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:26 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:43 am
Right let's examine this weakened team.

BPF- NI international who has been reliable when called upon this season.
Roberts- Wales international who many claim has been the best right back in the Championship since the World Cup.
Al-Dakhil- Belgium Under 21 international who is highly rated.
Beyer- German Under 21 international who many feel will go on to enjoy a great career.
Taylor- Some claim he is the best left back at the club, I disagree but he's a reliable option for Kompany to call upon in certain games.
Cullen ROI international who' will probably scoop most of our player of the season awards.
JBG- Iceland international who has been a key ,member of our promotion side.
Benson- another Belgium Under 21 international who can be classed as mainstay when fit.
Twine- one of our bigger money signings, and last season's League 1 player of the year.
Tella- our top scorer by a long way, and we really suffered when he went off.
Foster- SA international who we forked out a fair amount for in January.

So 8 internationals in that starting XI and yet it's considered weak by some, let's be honest we were the only team pushing to win the match, and if Benson & Churlinov (another international) had buried their chances we'd have walked away with a 2-0 win.

In hindsight the Tella injury was massive regards the outcome of the game, had he completed the match I'm pretty sure we'd have won.

I want Burnley to be the best because that's we are.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:32 pm

equinox wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:26 pm
In hindsight the Tella injury was massive regards the outcome of the game, had he completed the match I'm pretty sure we'd have won.

I want Burnley to be the best because that's we are.
Losing Tella was a big blow, and although we'll never know, if he'd been on the pitch and those chances had fallen to him he'd probably have nabbed at least one.

No issue with wanting to win every game, but managers have to judge all aspects of the squad, and from yesterday VK will have been encouraged by Twine having his best game in a Burnley shirt.

BurnleyHeff
Been Liked: 15 times
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by BurnleyHeff » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:27 am

equinox wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:29 pm
It's annoying.
How else do you suggest assessment of the players capabilities??? Maybe you know of something?