Lyle Foster

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Re: Lyle Foster

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:16 am

You've got to give the OP loads of credit here

Just chucks a grenade into the pond and sits backs and waits for the reaction

Papabendi
Been Liked: 347 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Post by Papabendi » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:19 am

Isn't this the point of the season where the squad shows the manager why they should be in the planning for next season? All we saw yesterday is why Foster, Churlinov and Twine don't play very much.

As for Foster being bought for the Prem I am bemused.I am pretty sure you have to show something at Championship level to be considered up for the Prem.

Let's just be honest and admit we've been done with this transfer fee. If we had to offload tomorrow who would sign him and for what fee?
Last edited by Papabendi on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6970 times
Has Liked: 1485 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:19 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:16 am

I think it’s fair that we discuss our significantly most expensive signing by Kompany who it is fair to say hasn’t impressed or looked anywhere near the level of his price tag. Doing otherwise would be burying our heads in the sand.

Robbie_painter
Been Liked: 120 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Robbie_painter » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:19 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:16 am

Think you’re giving him way too much credit to be fair

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:21 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:19 am
I think it’s fair that we discuss our significantly most expensive signing by Kompany who it is fair to say hasn’t impressed or looked anywhere near the level of his price tag. Doing otherwise would be burying our heads in the sand.
More on his Maatsen grenade than this one

I'm in the "he's been here five minutes and you can see why we took a chance on him" camp

I think its ludicrous to write any young player off after less than a season in a completely different league
This user liked this post: HistoricalClaret

Ampth7
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 226 times

Post by Ampth7 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:23 am

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:14 am
You are pretty much describing what Barnes has been doing, except Barnes gets praise for it.
I must admit as I was writing what I have said, I was comparing Foster’s performance to what Barnes would/could have offered us yesterday and whilst it’s impossible to say for certain, I’m not sure what difference he would have made.
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2573 times
Has Liked: 771 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:24 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:21 am

I'm in the "he's been here five minutes and you can see why we took a chance on him" camp

I think its ludicrous to write any young player off after less than a season in a completely different league
There's only really Papabendi who's writing him off (and he's just looking for some attention after his other username LondonClaret23 hasn't picked up much traction, as well as being sad that McNeil isn't here anymore to focus his frustrations on).

The rest of us are giving honest appraisals of him, which is the point of this message board

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:26 am

Lancasterclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:21 am

Agree that the Maatsen take was a bit odd. He will probably be targeted for his defensive and positional ‘weaknesses’ next season, as he has been this season, to little success. But he’s clearly a fantastic young player.

Personally I can’t see why we ‘took a chance’ on Foster, he’s shown almost nothing to suggest he will make it in the Championship, never mind the Premier League. And his transfer fee in comparison to VK’s other signings does not suggest we were looking to take a chance. Of course we shouldn’t write him off, and FWIW I don’t think many are. But if performances don’t improve there will come a point where we need to do that.
This user liked this post: Lancasterclaret

Blyclaret
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Blyclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:27 am

He will be on loan next season. Not good enough.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:30 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:26 am
Agree that the Maatsen take was a bit odd. He will probably be targeted for his defensive and positional ‘weaknesses’ next season, as he has been this season, to little success. But he’s clearly a fantastic young player.

Personally I can’t see why we ‘took a chance’ on Foster, he’s shown almost nothing to suggest he will make it in the Championship, never mind the Premier League. And his transfer fee in comparison to VK’s other signings does not suggest we were looking to take a chance. Of course we shouldn’t write him off, and FWIW I don’t think many are. But if performances don’t improve there will come a point where we need to do that.
How much chance has he been given at Championship level? Yesterday was his 2nd start for goodness sake. Against Sheff he was looking a threat in behind until their sending off and had a better half than Barnes did. Other games have been as a sub with games mostly already won. And in one of them he scored a cracker and looked excellent. I just don’t see how we can say ‘he’s done nothing to suggest he will make it at this level’ and that be a fair take, when we’ve not seen him in the 1st 11 and with a run of games. That’s without even mentioning the adaptation period to the system and league.
Last edited by RVclaret on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1575 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:30 am

Papabendi wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:19 am
Isn't this the point of the season where the squad shows the manager why they should be in the planning for next season? All we saw yesterday is why Foster, Churlinov and Twine don't play very much.

As for Foster being bought for the Prem I am bemused.I am pretty sure you have to show something at Championship level to be considered up for the Prem.

Let's just be honest and admit we've been done with this transfer fee. If we had to offload tomorrow who would sign him and for what fee?
I think it’s quite clear he was bought in January for the premier league. We were miles ahead and it was area that definitely needed addressing.

I said it earlier but his style of play is better suited for counter attacking, breaking fast football. That is almost certainly going to be more how we play in the prem. give him a chance there is definitely raw talent there.

Burnley Ace
Been Liked: 656 times
Has Liked: 2899 times

Post by Burnley Ace » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:37 am

equinox wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:51 am
Yes, happens alot in the Premier League, strikers are regularly left to wander around in space totally unmarked.
How often have we played teams in the Prem where they have 10 men behind the ball and aren’t looking to attack?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:38 am

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:30 am
How much chance has he been given at Championship level? Yesterday was his 2nd start for goodness sake. Against Sheff he was looking a threat in behind until their sending off and had a better half than Barnes did. Other games have been as a sub with games mostly already won. And in one of them he scored a cracker and looked excellent. I just don’t see how we can say ‘he’s done nothing to suggest he will make it at this level’ and that be a fair take, when we’ve not seen him in the 1st 11 and with a run of games. That’s without even mentioning the adaptation period to the system and league.
He’s not been given a lot of chances, but that in itself tells a story don’t you think? We can keep making excuses for his performances such as the situation in the game, or the teammates that he’s playing alongside, or we can admit that so far he has been poor. A lot of people seem to be countering this by using the argument that all he needs is time - but there’s very little sign that time will be enough, particularly with the step up to the PL.

Again, this isn’t writing him off, but for his price tag I would have expected him to look very comfortable at this level. He’s had the luxury of playing in far and away the best side in the league in games carrying almost no pressure.

If he hasn’t shown signs of improvement by the end of the season what do we do? Do we start next season with him leading the line? Because this will be a crucial decision and one which can’t really be made with comparisons to Jack Grealish.

equinox
Been Liked: 225 times
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by equinox » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:38 am

We are one hell of a team, superb, expansive, technically gifted players in every position except, in my opinion, the centre forward role.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:39 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:26 am

I think the gamble was to get him before he clicked and got picked up by a bigger club

I still think its too soon to write him off, but the promotion to the PL will make it even harder for him
This user liked this post: boatshed bill

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1705 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:41 am

Robbie_painter wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:05 am
Give it a rest lads,12 points clear at the top and you think there’s a need to pick someone out for criticism.I never used to think Burnley fans were like this,I was wrong.
Sorry but I am from the "VK Camp" ie "always happy, never satisfied"

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6395 times
Has Liked: 8754 times

Post by IanMcL » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:42 am

There must be extensive strengthening g, for the prem, that is not in question.

What we must bear in mind is the age of many of the players we have. They are very young and, in the words of VK. "We signed young players, with good attitude and an abundance of technical anility". It was supposed to be a 3-4 year project. They did it in one, which then makes them very inexperienced and young, for the prem.

This is a big issue for Mr VK and the owners and will no doubt be addressed.

Lancasterclaret

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:47 am

Problem we are going to have is that someone who would be perfect for our system, but still a huge gamble (like Gyokeres) is going to be out of our reach (even though we could possibly sweeten the deal with McNally (but again, young player, looks good for them, so why get rid?) simply because far too many premier league sides just haven't got a striker

So we have to gamble, and that is what Foster is

Full pre season and as much game time as possible before then and maybe a loan back to this level?

Have to bear in mind that we only have a limited amount of funds for next season, and we do need to secure as many of the really successful loanees as we can

I wouldn't be against playing Obafmei either in that role, because surely that is why he's been bought in

IWOODLOVETT
Been Liked: 495 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:49 am

Two tap-ins against B******ds and he will be hailed as a worldie. 😉
Last edited by IWOODLOVETT on Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:49 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:38 am
He’s not been given a lot of chances, but that in itself tells a story don’t you think? We can keep making excuses for his performances such as the situation in the game, or the teammates that he’s playing alongside, or we can admit that so far he has been poor. A lot of people seem to be countering this by using the argument that all he needs is time - but there’s very little sign that time will be enough, particularly with the step up to the PL.

Again, this isn’t writing him off, but for his price tag I would have expected him to look very comfortable at this level. He’s had the luxury of playing in far and away the best side in the league in games carrying almost no pressure.

If he hasn’t shown signs of improvement by the end of the season what do we do? Do we start next season with him leading the line? Because this will be a crucial decision and one which can’t really be made with comparisons to Jack Grealish.
No I don’t think that tells any story. Kompany admitted he wasn’t expecting anything from him or Obafemi during this period, as they were ‘5/6 months behind the others’, though the injury to Jay has given them more game time.

It’s your opinion that he’s been poor, there are also many others in this thread alone that say he’s not been poor and has in fact been okay.

I also don’t think it’s that fair to use his price tag against him, albeit I knew this would happen when we signed him. Sometimes you have to pay slightly above market rate (Foster, January, Westerlo top scorer and key player, just signed a 4 year deal), sometimes you get away with paying below because of certain situations (Cullen 2.5m final year of contract).

Finally, in answer to your question, I think we will sign another ‘1st choice striker’ who’s perhaps already proven - hence the continued links with Gyokeres, and Foster / Obafemi will play either the second striker role or be used in rotation as they develop. Remember Barnes is leaving and Dervisoglu won’t be here, so that suddenly cuts two strikers from the roster.

andyh
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 102 times

Post by andyh » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:06 am

We have to play someone up front. Barnes is off. Jrod may be in terminal decline. We can’t even afford a “probably Prem League” level striker. So we have obtained two possibly could grow into it strikers for the money we can afford.

It is a real weakness. But all strikers are scouted the moment they show promise. It is a lot harder to uncover a gem. I still think Wout could be our best option for next season. Personality aside he has the best attributes of the possible strikers we have.

IWOODLOVETT

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:08 am

Yesterday I saw at first hand a younger, faster version of Barnes - playing in his second start against a team of giants who played with ten behind the ball. Given that there is 11 years difference I think it’s fair to assume that Foster will develop into much better version of AB - with or without the dark arts.

As I said before - two tap-ins against B*********d Rovers and Lyle Foster will be hailed as a worldie.

Papabendi

Post by Papabendi » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:17 am

He's nothing like Barnes.

IWOODLOVETT

Post by IWOODLOVETT » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:36 am

I think you’ll find he’s better at the same age - Barnes is a gnarled old pro.

Papabendi

Post by Papabendi » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:46 am

Irrelevant. Barnes has over 100 league goals to his name with multiple seasons operating in the Prem.

From what I have seen so far we have to hope Foster has a future in England, because at the moment he's miles off it.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:51 am

Foster is working hard from what I saw yesterday.
He wasn't getting much service though, which wasn't helpful to him

He's only played 240 mins of league football with us, which isn't a great deal and 240 mins of cup games, again, not a lot.

He needs more playing time, but also needs better support from those around him.

I'm willing to give him more time to settle.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2340 times
Has Liked: 1405 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:52 am

It’s the same fans that were slagging pace off after the first transfer window despite having only just arrived. They know nothing about the game and will be proved wrong again just like they were with the owners.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:54 am

What are we expecting from Foster at present?

equinox

Post by equinox » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:00 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:54 am
To not be content with just being average.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:01 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
More playing time
Improve his link up play
Better awareness/runs as a result
Some goals

There was a cross in yesterday and he dived to head it, which turned into a flick on pretty much to one of our lads further back.

Really he should've got a head on target, but hey ho

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:04 pm

Which player will the OP single out on Tuesday night? I’m going for Muric.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:06 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:01 pm
More playing time
Improve his link up play
Better awareness/runs as a result
Some goals

There was a cross in yesterday and he dived to head it, which turned into a flick on pretty much to one of our lads further back.

Really he should've got a head on target, but hey ho
Clearly some goals, though since Rodriguez got injured goals from our central striker have not been a priority. Tella excluded we only have about 18 goals from central strikers.
I think his link up play is OK, and his pressing has been good.

equinox

Post by equinox » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:14 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
When a striker comes deep to receive the ball, what is the point of taking a touch and then laying it off and returning to the position you started from time and time again? Mix it up, try a trick, get front on...don't be predictable, strikers are fortunate in that their mistakes often go unpunished, express yourself ffs.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:18 pm

To try and bring this thread back on track.

Foster clearly has something for us to splash out the reported fee was is £10m, no idea if that is made up in bonuses for certain targets being hit or not.

Now the price tag could be a burden on him, but that's not his fault.

Our transfer strategy now is based on finding rough diamonds and turning them into gems, some will pay off some won't.

Whether Foster fits into the latter category only time will tell, but for now we have to back VK and hope this punt pays dividends in the longer term.

Doesn't mean his merits and weaknesses can't be discussed in a balanced manner though.

Foshiznik
Been Liked: 723 times
Has Liked: 2037 times
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:22 pm

I thought he did well yesterday. It’s a shame he’s now the scapegoat for the lack of quality from Benson and Churlinov from wide and lack of support cast in the box through the middle. What did people expect him to do? Take it past both centre backs and slot it home or score a worldy from 30/40 yards instead?
These 2 users liked this post: Quicknick GodIsADeeJay81

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:26 pm

Lots of comments regarding the amount of playing time he's had and I take that on board. Don't imagine Dervisoglu has had significantly more( stand to be corrected on there) but for me he has shown some quality. However, I doubt Foster or Dervisoglu are anywhere near having the ability to play at an even higher level. And I did mention on a post a few weeks back that VK faces a problem regarding centre forward/strikers next season because I don't think we have one in the club currently who can play there and be effective. Ridiculous to think during the season we are having.

Foshiznik
Location: Computer matrix, IP not found- current code: 00101110100101001100100 1011101010100010101101010100100

Post by Foshiznik » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:30 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:26 pm
Ridiculous to think during the season we are having.
Agreed. It is a ridiculous take.

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3087 times
Has Liked: 5071 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:32 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Lots of comments regarding the amount of playing time he's had and I take that on board. Don't imagine Dervisoglu has had significantly more( stand to be corrected on there) but for me he has shown some quality. However, I doubt Foster or Dervisoglu are anywhere near having the ability to play at an even higher level. And I did mention on a post a few weeks back that VK faces a problem regarding centre forward/strikers next season because I don't think we have one in the club currently who can play there and be effective. Ridiculous to think during the season we are having.
I find it hard to judge him. he is an off the shoulder striker, who needs balls through the channel, or over the top to give him his best game.
Some strikers thrive on picking up the scraps in the box, ala Charlie Austin. Foster will never be that kind of striker, and because of that will struggle against teams that sit back deep. Those who say he will be better suited to the prem are correct, how he will fair there is still to be answered.

GodIsADeeJay81

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:35 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:

Dervisoglu has had 65 mins in the league for us, plus 80 mins across two cup games.

If he was rated that much by Kompany then he would be playing more, but he isn't.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:36 pm

Silkyskills1 wrote:
Strikers are definitely an area we'll need to strengthen.

Barnes is off, Jay might well be off, Weghorst who knows what will happen regarding his future.

So that leaves us with Obafemi assuming he does sign permanently, and Foster who's yet to convince even at Champ level.

For me we need 2 new strikers in, and that's not including Obafemi.

Now whether our funds will stretch to that is a good question given we'll no doubt be looking to make some of the loanees permanent.

Tella might be one of those strikers I guess, but as for the second I haven't a clue, ideally we'd be eyeing up someone such as Viktor Gyokeres, but I can't see Coventry letting him go cheaply, especially if other Prem sides are expressing interest.

equinox

Post by equinox » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:41 pm

He needs to sit down and watch Andre Gray's debut for us against Sheffield Wednesday, now I've seen enough of Lyle to know that he's technically as good as Gray but he needs to get that energy and angst that Andre had.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:43 pm

It’s probably also worth considering that the fee paid for Foster isn’t exactly massive in the current market. Yes we’ve done well with some bargain basement purchases but £10m for a young striker, with plenty of contact left and signed in the Jan window isn’t exactly ground shaking. Also, is it £10m guaranteed or subject to him triggering various clauses?

For what it’s worth I’m still very much on the fence about him but I’m more than happy to give him more time to come good. It’s concerning that he doesn’t have one solid trait in terms of blistering pace, control, vision or finishing, but I have noticed him snatching at the opportunities he has had. Hopefully once he calms down he’ll be able to find his rhythm and start to prove those who have already written him off wrong.

Claretnick
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 191 times

Post by Claretnick » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:49 pm

I always try to give a new signing a full year or season before coming to any conclusion about their abilities. Sadly these days folk want instant results.
I remember when we signed big Billy Hamilton from QPR and he had a torrid time early on and the concensus seemed to be we had signed a real donkey....how wrong we were!!! :) We should leave the lad to develop in the capable hands of our coaching team UTC
These 3 users liked this post: Foshiznik Ampth7 Colburn_Claret

Papabendi

Post by Papabendi » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:49 pm

equinox wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:41 pm
He needs to sit down and watch Andre Gray's debut for us against Sheffield Wednesday, now I've seen enough of Lyle to know that he's technically as good as Gray but he needs to get that energy and angst that Andre had.
Gray's debut was Bristol City away. But you could immediately tell he had something. Still one of my favourite Burnley players at this level.

Papabendi

Post by Papabendi » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:52 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:43 pm
It’s concerning that he doesn’t have one solid trait in terms of blistering pace, control, vision or finishing, but I have noticed him snatching at the opportunities he has had. Hopefully once he calms down he’ll be able to find his rhythm and start to prove those who have already written him off wrong.
This is the problem for me. I am struggling to identify a quality he has that reveals why we bought him. I wasn't expecting a finished product (none of them are). But he looks and acts out of his depth. Perhaps the move has been unsettling for him. South Africans often struggle adapting culturally to the UK.

Foshiznik

Post by Foshiznik » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:04 pm

Papabendi wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:52 pm
This is the problem for me. I am struggling to identify a quality he has that reveals why we bought him. I wasn't expecting a finished product (none of them are). But he looks and acts out of his depth. Perhaps the move has been unsettling for him. South Africans often struggle adapting culturally to the UK.
Stephen Pienaar didn’t do too badly. Give the lad time ffs.

Silkyskills1
Been Liked: 1698 times
Has Liked: 2535 times

Post by Silkyskills1 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:11 pm

Foshiznik wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:30 pm
Agreed. It is a ridiculous take.
But still staring us square in the face.

JohnDearyMe
Been Liked: 668 times
Has Liked: 2056 times

Post by JohnDearyMe » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:18 pm

tiger76 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:36 pm
Strikers are definitely an area we'll need to strengthen.

Barnes is off, Jay might well be off, Weghorst who knows what will happen regarding his future.

So that leaves us with Obafemi assuming he does sign permanently, and Foster who's yet to convince even at Champ level.

For me we need 2 new strikers in, and that's not including Obafemi.

Now whether our funds will stretch to that is a good question given we'll no doubt be looking to make some of the loanees permanent.

Tella might be one of those strikers I guess, but as for the second I haven't a clue, ideally we'd be eyeing up someone such as Viktor Gyokeres, but I can't see Coventry letting him go cheaply, especially if other Prem sides are expressing interest.
Agree with this and I'd like the Coventry striker. Guess we'll also have to see where they finish, didn't realise they still have a chance of a playoff spot. Very tight race

Ampth7
Been Liked: 228 times
Has Liked: 226 times

Post by Ampth7 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:43 pm

Papabendi wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:49 pm
Gray's debut was Bristol City away. But you could immediately tell he had something. Still one of my favourite Burnley players at this level.
How has Gray’s playing career been going since his one good season with us?

Papabendi

Post by Papabendi » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:54 pm

Ampth7 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:43 pm
How has Gray’s playing career been going since his one good season with us?
Not well, but I am referring to his time with us, which was generally very good.
Last edited by Papabendi on Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.