Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Burnley87
Been Liked: 116 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Re: Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

Post by Burnley87 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:20 am

People say wasting money on players. It’s what you call succession planning. It’s risky should we go down but it’s exactly what Brighton are doing. Having the replacement already in the building before you sell you star player for 100 million.

When you already have the replacement in the building who has been working with the manager for 12 month prior, got use to the surroundings it makes transition easier
These 4 users liked this post: RVclaret LDNBFC87 Colburn_Claret Holtyclaret

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1706 times
Has Liked: 791 times

Post by warksclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:21 am

123EasyasBFC wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:04 am
And id like to swap my Mrs for Margot Robbie but that’s not happening either.
You have more chance of winning the lottery than getting Ferguson

Ightenhill_Claret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Ightenhill_Claret » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:21 am

Latest from Het Laaste Nieuws in Belgium on the Mike Tresor chase:

“As far as Mike is concerned, negotiations with Burnley are currently ongoing,” confirms Head of Football Dimitri de Condé.

“It's getting closer and closer, but I always say: something isn't complete until it's drawn. Mike's file is the only one that's very active right now. The rest is still difficult to predict, also at the incoming level. These are stressful days, but I have faith in a happy ending.”

Looks like this one should reach it's conclusion shortly...

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1511 times
Has Liked: 582 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:22 am

Two posts on this page where somebody is suggesting swapping Jay Rod for Evan Ferguson and somebody else is writing off a player who hasn't kicked a ball for us, and two players who've made only sub appearances, as a waste of money. Absolutely mental some of you lot.
These 2 users liked this post: JimmyRobbo Holtyclaret

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1491 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:23 am

Calvin Phillips at Leeds ok but he seems to have done a Barkley and his career has stalled
Post injury he doesn't look the player he was 3 yrs ago

ClaretInLeeds
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:27 am

There’s an impressive lack of football knowledge on this thread. It’s actually laughable.
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3437 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:28 am

I’m starting to miss the days when we had a paper thin squad, with barely any options on the bench or in the squad to make game changing substitutions

Now we have people moaning that we’ve got too many players and we’re wasting money on signings etc

There’s no middle ground with some people
These 2 users liked this post: longsidepies mybloodisclaret

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:29 am

I took the Evan Ferguson and Jay Rod post to be more of a “the best players aren’t necessarily the most experienced” as opposed to a suggestion we could genuinely swap them.

As for talk of wasted money, give me strength.
This user liked this post: Turfytop

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:29 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:20 am
How/why are they ‘wasted money’?
Too many players for the same position, still no lb, or DM.
This user liked this post: summitclaret

Ightenhill_Claret
Been Liked: 82 times
Has Liked: 32 times

Post by Ightenhill_Claret » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:30 am

Woodleyclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:23 am
Calvin Phillips at Leeds ok but he seems to have done a Barkley and his career has stalled
Post injury he doesn't look the player he was 3 yrs ago
Would take him at Burnley in a heartbeat. Not hit the heights at City YET but injuries and the usual difficult opening spell that all players have at City have stalled him.

Definitely still a real player there and a spell away from the Etihad will bring him back up to speed I've no doubt.

willsclarets
Been Liked: 688 times
Has Liked: 133 times

Post by willsclarets » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:33 am

There's a difference between plain moaning and discussing transfer policy and what we think. Most if not all trust VK completely, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out we've spent over 100 million and have an imbalanced squad. At the moment that's a perfectly legitimate opinion that looks to be evident on the pitch so far. But I'm sure we'll get a lot better!

arise_sir_charge
Been Liked: 1768 times
Has Liked: 41 times

Post by arise_sir_charge » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:34 am

claretandy wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:29 am
Too many players for the same position, still no lb, or DM.
We don’t have too many players for the same position though as has been explained multiple times on this and many other threads.
This user liked this post: LDNBFC87

LDNBFC87
Been Liked: 58 times
Has Liked: 399 times

Post by LDNBFC87 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:36 am

Burnley87 wrote:
People say wasting money on players. It’s what you call succession planning. It’s risky should we go down but it’s exactly what Brighton are doing. Having the replacement already in the building before you sell you star player for 100 million.

When you already have the replacement in the building who has been working with the manager for 12 month prior, got use to the surroundings it makes transition easier
This isn't the place for sensible, reasoned debate.
These 2 users liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81 Holtyclaret

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:37 am

AfloatinClaret wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:01 am
I'm all for a bit of experience, but when it comes to 'relying' on players week in week out, I could be tempted to swap Jay Rod for that eighteen year old Irish striker that Brighton have... Ferguson?
Very funny.
Whilst we are getting the bus to Brighton we may aswell get them to give us Mitoma for Andy Farrell ?
This user liked this post: Red Fox Rocks Socks

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:38 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:34 am
We don’t have too many players for the same position though as has been explained multiple times on this and many other threads.
It's more that we have less than adequate cover in some places and luxury of options in others I think. "Too many" is perhaps incorrect phrasing but relative to other positions it certainly feels that way. If the window closes and we've more options at left back, cm and to a lesser extent striker, then it won't be "too many"

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1576 times
Has Liked: 360 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:40 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:11 am
I don’t understand this wasted money thing. Where has money been wasted? And how are we able to know 2 games in it has been wasted?
It is not wasted in the context of you won’t make the money back.

It’s wasted in the context of if we don’t sign priority positions before the window closes. I am essentially saying that if we don’t get the priority signings we need to funds should have been prioritised better.

Not sure if that comes across clear in text format.

At the moment in advanced positions if tresor comes off

Lm: tresor, Zaroury, Redmond, Koleoshi
Rm: Benson, Odobert, Gudmundsson,
Cam: Ramsey, Brownhill, Amdouni

I’ve probs missed some as well
This user liked this post: willsclarets

PremierLeagueClass
Been Liked: 585 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by PremierLeagueClass » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:42 am

arise_sir_charge wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:34 am
I think you’re wasting your time. There’s a guy that sits behind me that just berates the team constantly because he clearly hasn’t got a clue as to what we’re trying to achieve. This is last season I’m referring to as well.

There’s no point trying to educate some folk. They’ve made up their minds based on minimal information and won’t listen to any other viewpoints.
These 2 users liked this post: Darnhill Claret Holtyclaret

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:42 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:40 am

It’s wasted in the context of if we don’t sign priority positions before the window closes. I am essentially saying that if we don’t get the priority signings we need to funds should have been prioritised better.

Larsen

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:44 am

Burnley87 wrote:

But that’s not what Brighton did was it?

They spent years and hundreds of millions just building a squad trying to stay in the league. Then years down the line they started this forward planning once they became a settled premier league club. The young players they sign don’t even spend the time in there first team squad they spend it at there feeder club and then go straight into the starting line up aka Mitomas situation

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:47 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

See on your little list here I’d consider JBG as a midfield option over wing once the team gets settled. The ‘RM’ options then include Benson, who I doubt will start too many games given how lightweight he is / offers little off the ball, and Odobert, an 18 year old who probably won’t start many games this season. Then the likes of Tresor and Redmond can play left, right and central. Zaroury is out for AFCON. Koleosho can’t be relied on as a starter to achieve our goals this season. All of a sudden the picture looks a bit different. Particularly if there’s an injury or two (Benson spent months of last season out).
Last edited by RVclaret on Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:47 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:

Lm - Zaroury already here / Redmond free / Koleoshi small fee
Rm - Benson already here / Odobert decent fee / JBG already here and not one for the future
Cam Ramsey - decent fee / Brownhill already here / Amdouni decent fee

Larsen who you left off on loan.

Out of all those listed 3 players have cost us a decent fee and 1 of those isn't winger

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:50 am

RVclaret wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:47 am
See on your little list here I’d consider JBG as a midfield option over wing once the team gets settled. The ‘RM’ options then include Benson, who I doubt will start too many games given how lightweight he is / offers little off the ball, and Odobert, an 18 year old who probably won’t start many games this season. Then the likes of Tresor and Redmond can play left, right and central. Zaroury is out for AFCON. Koleosho can’t be relied on as a starter to achieve our goals this season. All of a sudden the picture looks a bit different.
But surely RV you can appreciate what posters are saying when they say in comparison to other positions on the pitch we are massively overstocked in these areas. Both full back positions and CM is looking very slim at the moment (even though I suspect that they will be addressed). That’s before we consider the striker position

You are actively dismissing Odobert and Koleoshi as being unrealistic starters, 1 has featured heavily so far and the other has just joined.

burnley007
Been Liked: 641 times
Has Liked: 675 times

Post by burnley007 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 am

Burnley coach Vincent Kompany has called AC Milan forward Divock Origi to encourage him to make the move from the Rossoneri to the Premier League, a report claims.

As has been reported by Corriere della Sera (via Milan News), Milan still intend to sell Origi or at least loan him out before the transfer window shuts at 20:00 CEST on Friday.

They have been attempting this all summer but the Belgian has not entertained a move, choosing to fight for his place instead.

Various clubs have shown interest but the most serious right now seems to be Burnley, coached by former international teammate of Origi, Kompany.

He has reportedly called Origi to speak directly with him about making the move, but it remains to be seen if this has had any sway over Origi’s thoughts.

With Mehdi Taremi expected to arrive from Porto, there is even less need for Origi in the squad.
Last edited by burnley007 on Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 am

You’d think on the back of last season and the players we’ve brought in some posters would be more prepared after 2 games to sit back and attempt to enjoy the season and what the club are trying to do.

Why worry about things you have no control over like which players Kompany signs?

burnley007

Post by burnley007 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:53 am

burnley007 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 am
Burnley coach Vincent Kompany has called AC Milan forward Divock Origi to encourage him to make the move from the Rossoneri to the Premier League, a report claims.

As has been reported by Corriere della Sera (via Milan News), Milan still intend to sell Origi or at least loan him out before the transfer window shuts at 20:00 CEST on Friday.

They have been attempting this all summer but the Belgian has not entertained a move, choosing to fight for his place instead.

Various clubs have shown interest but the most serious right now seems to be Burnley, coached by former international teammate of Origi, Kompany.

-ADVERTISEMENT-
He has reportedly called Origi to speak directly with him about making the move, but it remains to be seen if this has had any sway over Origi’s thoughts.

With Mehdi Taremi expected to arrive from Porto, there is even less need for Origi in the squad.
Do we think this is even more tempting nowadays than a Dyche omelette?

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:54 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Lm - Zaroury already here / Redmond free / Koleoshi small fee
Rm - Benson already here / Odobert decent fee / JBG already here and not one for the future
Cam Ramsey - decent fee / Brownhill already here / Amdouni decent fee

Larsen who you left off on loan.

Out of all those listed 3 players have cost us a decent fee and 1 of those isn't winger
I appreciate that (I would include tresor in the last as well as that looks almost a Cert), but I’m certain all of the players will have an effect on the incomings (due to transfer fee spent or wage structure).

Like I said earlier I don’t have a problem with any of them players coming in at all, I think they are some of the most exciting bunch we have ever had. But I am concerned that it is effecting our chances our strengthening other areas of the pitch. However all of this is based on the situation right now. In the next 48 hours things could change quickly.

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:55 am

Nice to see Benson being called too lightweight after 45 minutes of football.
Just like he was after Watford game last season.

We’ve played 2 games against the best team in the world and a team who since the turn of the year probably have a top 3 or 4 record.
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:55 am

Steve-Harpers-perm wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:52 am
You’d think on the back of last season and the players we’ve brought in some posters would be more prepared after 2 games to sit back and attempt to enjoy the season and what the club are trying to do.

Why worry about things you have no control over like which players Kompany signs?
Reading this thread you would genuinely think Kompany has no idea about the shape of his squad. Almost like the window will shut and he will then think ahhh I forgot about other positions.
These 11 users liked this post: LDNBFC87 GodIsADeeJay81 Steve-Harpers-perm RVclaret Turfytop mybloodisclaret Juan Tanamera longsidepies whiffa Colburn_Claret Holtyclaret

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:57 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:50 am
But surely RV you can appreciate what posters are saying when they say in comparison to other positions on the pitch we are massively overstocked in these areas. Both full back positions and CM is looking very slim at the moment (even though I suspect that they will be addressed). That’s before we consider the striker position

You are actively dismissing Odobert and Koleoshi as being unrealistic starters, 1 has featured heavily so far and the other has just joined.
We are well stocked in that area, wouldn’t call it over-stocked. CM we have Brownhill, Cork, Cullen, Berge, JBG. So we could say that’s quite well stocked too.

I think Koleosho is a very exciting talent but looks quite raw. I’m not sure he would have started both games if someone like Tresor was already in the door, but I’m kinda glad he has anyway. While I clearly can’t judge Odobert yet as we haven’t seen him, you’d probably not expect two 18 year olds to be at the front of a (potential) relegation battle.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:58 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:54 am
I appreciate that (I would include tresor in the last as well as that looks almost a Cert), but I’m certain all of the players will have an effect on the incomings (due to transfer fee spent or wage structure).

Like I said earlier I don’t have a problem with any of them players coming in at all, I think they are some of the most exciting bunch we have ever had. But I am concerned that it is effecting our chances our strengthening other areas of the pitch. However all of this is based on the situation right now. In the next 48 hours things could change quickly.

Tresor if he comes by all accounts is also a loan first for this season

Do you really think if that was the case the professional people in the game would do it this way and leave areas of the squad short. Every single person on here knows nothing or next to nothing regarding what is going on behind the scenes but I will stick my neck out and say Kompany knows.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:00 am

RVclaret wrote:
See on your little list here I’d consider JBG as a midfield option over wing once the team gets settled. The ‘RM’ options then include Benson, who I doubt will start too many games given how lightweight he is / offers little off the ball, and Odobert, an 18 year old who probably won’t start many games this season. Then the likes of Tresor and Redmond can play left, right and central. Zaroury is out for AFCON. Koleosho can’t be relied on as a starter to achieve our goals this season. All of a sudden the picture looks a bit different. Particularly if there’s an injury or two (Benson spent months of last season out).
All fair points. But is it not valid to suggest it might be questionable to sign players for not insignificant fees (Odobert, Koleosho for instance who you point out wont play much or can be relied on) before you have a left back, a more defensive minded CM or no.9? Are we in a position to tackle the premier league with the luxury of future potential without quality in first 11 spots or immediate back up?
Tresor, Larsen, Benson, Zaroury, Ramsey, Redmond and to lesser degrees Amdouni/JBG for central/right attacking mid spots (also vitinho) is pretty plentiful even with AFCON interruptions.

The window hasn't closed, and perhaps we have options lined up. But I don't see why it's so readily dismissed to suggest we're currently a little lopsided given the money we've spent. I'll say it again, I'm not moaning and berating, I love the fact we're signing young exciting players. But just questioning whether it's at the expense of something we need to help us stay up, which I think everyone would agree is the priority.
These 2 users liked this post: summitclaret whiffa

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:01 am

Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:58 am
Tresor if he comes by all accounts is also a loan first for this season

Do you really think if that was the case the professional people in the game would do it this way and leave areas of the squad short. Every single person on here knows nothing or next to nothing regarding what is going on behind the scenes but I will stick my neck out and say Kompany knows.
Oh you can be certain that VK is actively trying to address these areas. I am not questioning that at all.

I merely commenting that this late in the window the finances might be proving too difficult to make the deals happen.

As a few posters have suggested the likes of Koleoshi and Odobert are far future planning and are not likely to feature much this season. I am suggesting that if we are struggling to get these other areas strengthened due to finances then perhaps that money could have been invested there instead.

But like you said none of us know the situation right know, the time for this commentary is in 48 hours when the windows closed.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:03 am

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:01 am
Oh you can be certain that VK is actively trying to address these areas. I am not questioning that at all.

I merely commenting that this late in the window the finances might be proving too difficult to make the deals happen.

As a few posters have suggested the likes of Koleoshi and Odobert are far future planning and are not likely to feature much this season. I am suggesting that if we are struggling to get these other areas strengthened due to finances then perhaps that money could have been invested there instead.

But like you said none of us know the situation right know, the time for this commentary is in 48 hours when the windows closed.

There have been enough transfer windows to know how they work. There becomes a lot more players available the nearer to the end it gets than at the start.

burnley007

Post by burnley007 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:05 am

I wonder if a LB is going to just appear, with no forewarning. They must have a few options lined up.

We HAVE to get one by Friday.

willsclarets

Post by willsclarets » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:06 am

Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:55 am
Reading this thread you would genuinely think Kompany has no idea about the shape of his squad. Almost like the window will shut and he will then think ahhh I forgot about other positions.
Jesus wept. Why can't people distinguish between discussing our current squad distribution and money spent, with a broader trust in VK and what he's doing. Would I be surprised if a quality LB came through the door before the window shut? Nope. Do I think if we had to finish the season with this squad we may have got our priorities wrong a bit. Yes. I think that's valid. If you don't, fine.

Obviously, VK knows more than anyone on this board about football by a country mile. But if you can't discuss things what's the point.

Tall Paul
Been Liked: 2564 times
Has Liked: 692 times

Post by Tall Paul » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:06 am

Stop calling him Koleoshi!

CrosspoolClarets
Been Liked: 1658 times
Has Liked: 404 times

Post by CrosspoolClarets » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:06 am

Some crazy takes on this thread even by previous standards, I think the transfer window stress is getting to some of us.

Some suggesting it won’t be good if we grab on loan someone who often still starts for England?

Others turning their nose up at Origi who has nearly 200 games for Liverpool and is still in his prime?

The winger thing - would we rather the old days where Kightly was our bench warmer or this year when it will be the new lads? We need half a dozen for those wide forward roles, at least, when injury starts kicking in. We cannot risk having nobody good enough to put in, which is where we have been in the past with Costello etc.

It’ll be a tough 2 days in silly season which is what these final days are but we can get our window from 8 out of 10 to 11 out of 10.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:07 am

burnley007 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:05 am
I wonder if a LB is going to just appear, with no forewarning. They must have a few options lined up.

We HAVE to get one by Friday.
I did wonder if we might go after Genks left back as part of the Tresor deal.

Looks a decent player and already has that link on the left side of the pitch with tresor

CFS
Been Liked: 231 times
Has Liked: 113 times

Post by CFS » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:09 am

Forest have just signed their 3rd starting lineup.

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 820 times

Post by ClaretAL » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:14 am

Some of comments on here beggar belief, and I am fairly sure its the same posters coming out with the same rhetoric this time last year. Just calm down and leave the professionals to do their work, and enjoy the ride. No problem with discussions and debate, but there is no point getting yourself down with something you cannot affect.

jlup1980
Been Liked: 859 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:17 am

CrosspoolClarets wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:06 am
Some crazy takes on this thread even by previous standards, I think the transfer window stress is getting to some of us.

Some suggesting it won’t be good if we grab on loan someone who often still starts for England?

Others turning their nose up at Origi who has nearly 200 games for Liverpool and is still in his prime?

The winger thing - would we rather the old days where Kightly was our bench warmer or this year when it will be the new lads? We need half a dozen for those wide forward roles, at least, when injury starts kicking in. We cannot risk having nobody good enough to put in, which is where we have been in the past with Costello etc.

It’ll be a tough 2 days in silly season which is what these final days are but we can get our window from 8 out of 10 to 11 out of 10.
Origi would be a real statement of intent in my opinion. To go from Liverpool to AC Milan... to Burnley?!! He's 28, has over 30 caps for Belgium, has Premier League, Serie A and Champions League experience. He walks into our first team. He's played second fiddle behind the likes of Firmino and Giroud (no shame in that) but we could offer him first team football week-in, week-out. Maybe VK is selling this as a chance for him to come on loan and put himself in the shop window for a bigger move next summer?

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1773 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:23 am

It’s slightly weird if posters genuinely believe there’s no bigger plan at work here and we’re just wildly signing wingers without any strategy.

Firstly VK is an intelligent guy and has earned our trust. Secondly, whether you like ALK or not, they don’t strike me as being in the business of wasting lots of money or foisting players on VK that he doesn’t want.
These 5 users liked this post: LDNBFC87 mybloodisclaret RVclaret Juan Tanamera whiffa

Selby Claret
Been Liked: 402 times
Has Liked: 81 times

Post by Selby Claret » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:23 am

jlup1980 wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:17 am
Origi would be a real statement of intent in my opinion. To go from Liverpool to AC Milan... to Burnley?!! He's 28, has over 30 caps for Belgium, has Premier League, Serie A and Champions League experience. He walks into our first team. He's played second fiddle behind the likes of Firmino and Giroud (no shame in that) but we could offer him first team football week-in, week-out. Maybe VK is selling this as a chance for him to come on loan and put himself in the shop window for a bigger move next summer?
Euro Championships next summer to think about too
This user liked this post: jlup1980

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 628 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:24 am

Do with think it’s a case of origi or Daka or could it be both with potentially Jay Rod leaving?

claretspice
Been Liked: 2835 times
Has Liked: 141 times

Post by claretspice » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:26 am

Given the problems Rodriguez caused Villa in his cameo on Sunday, and his experience and influence around the cako generally, I definitely wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid.

claretandy
Been Liked: 953 times
Has Liked: 238 times

Post by claretandy » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:39 am

Wilfred ndidi to forest is happening, we should have been all over that one.

agreenwood
Been Liked: 1773 times
Has Liked: 273 times

Post by agreenwood » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:48 am

claretandy wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:39 am
Wilfred ndidi to forest is happening, we should have been all over that one.
I’m not sure he’s had highly valued at Leicester as we think.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:49 am

Maybe Forest are using the funds from their new betting sponsor to get close to his wage which is said to be anywhere from 80k to 100k a week

summitclaret
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1332 times

Post by summitclaret » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:51 am

Looking like the happy clappers are ganging up on anyone that dare comment on the gaping holes in our squad as of now. This is a DISCUSSION thread.

I think everyone supports the policy of getting in raw talent with a view to future profit. However, this must be balanced with enough PL nous and experience to ensure we stay up.

I also think everyone agrees that we need a starting left back, preferably like IM. Ditto another defensive cm to allow the full backs to take turns to push on (to do what Cork used to). Additionally, ideally a proven striker would be perfect.

From the 2 games so far we are clearly missing our best 2 passers from last season. Muric and THB. Villa had 3 on Benson and LK had acres of space on the other side. No one had the passing distance to reach him. I think Trafford is going to be great, but spending so much on a keeper was not necessary if we can't don't fill the above gaps. Ditto Berge if we don't get the essential defensive cm we need.

By Friday night, these problems may well be sorted, but if not then we will have spent a lot without balancing the squad.
This user liked this post: dandeclaret