Unhappy Claret who has Nobody

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 530 times

Re: Unhappy Claret who has Nobody

Post by Jamesy » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:46 pm

Thanks Tony. Fingers crossed he is ok.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:49 pm

I don't know if there's a way we can do a welfare check or anything. Looking at his previous posts, he bought that Champions delivered to his home, by first class.

I know there are privacy rights and so on, but the club or the publishers might share his home address if the right people they understand the context of this thread.

Worth a thought...

ClaretInLeeds
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 176 times

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:52 pm

Does anyone know his last name?

DanH90
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by DanH90 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:54 pm

Mick,
I will echo everything that people have already said on this thread. There is always a way back. I have been through mental health problems of my own; when I was at my lowest ebb, I didn’t see a way forward. Fast forward nearly 2 years and life is good. There is always something to live for, you just need to find it in yourself to get the help you need, take each day at a time and gradually the light will reappear.
Keep going, us Clarets are behind you!

Claretnick
Been Liked: 217 times
Has Liked: 191 times

Post by Claretnick » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:56 pm

claptrappers_union wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:49 pm
I don't know if there's a way we can do a welfare check or anything. Looking at his previous posts, he bought that Champions delivered to his home, by first class.

I know there are privacy rights and so on, but the club or the publishers might share his home address if the right people they understand the context of this thread.

Worth a thought...
Tsarbomba got Surrey police to check on him last night but he wasn't at his home address, seems they had info he was in the Great Yarmouth area....let's hope he logs in here soon
This user liked this post: claptrappers_union

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:57 pm

ClaretInLeeds wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:52 pm
Does anyone know his last name?
No indication of it in his email address

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:09 pm

Claretnick wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:56 pm
Tsarbomba got Surrey police to check on him last night but he wasn't at his home address, seems they had info he was in the Great Yarmouth area....let's hope he logs in here soon
If Mick has not been located yet, then more than likely he will be treated as a missing person, and with the concern re his MH, then I would imagine he’ll be treated as high risk.

longside72
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 224 times

Post by longside72 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:40 pm

Mick, if you read this or if anyone manages to get in contact with him, please ring Casual Minds Matter - 01282 222290 .

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:48 pm

I've just received an email from someone who isn't registered on the board but reads it and he thinks he knows Mick's full name. I'm not going to post it on here but I'll have a look back and see if I can find the poster who contacted the police and send him the information.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:49 pm

I can also now add that he's just logged on to the board so hopefully he's reading all this.
These 13 users liked this post: NewClaret longsidepies FCBurnley jdrobbo Jellybean CoolClaret mybloodisclaret Greenmile BobbyBoucher Tribesmen DCWat Pearcey groove

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4843 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:55 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:49 pm
I can also now add that he's just logged on to the board so hopefully he's reading all this.
That’s great news.

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:56 pm

He's logged off again.

I can confirm that his posts last night were from a Sky IP address which is registered from what I can find in Milton Haven - some of that may not be useful.
This user liked this post: beeholeclaret

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:02 pm

I've sent the information I have to the poster who contacted the police last night. It might not be of any use but there again it might just be.

ClaretInLeeds

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:05 pm

The fact that he’s logged into the board is a major positive!
These 2 users liked this post: NewClaret longsidepies

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:08 pm

ClaretInLeeds wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:05 pm
The fact that he’s logged into the board is a major positive!
I think so too even if it was brief and he didn't post.

BurnleyMickSouth
Been Liked: 287 times

Post by BurnleyMickSouth » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:09 pm

First of all I want to say thanks to all the clarets that responded to the way I felt last night, I am in Gt Yarmouth till Wednesday, but last night I was so down that it would have been so easy to walk into the sea and not look back, but every comment on here made me think, I also had a visit from Norfolk fine police force at 2-45 am this morning, they and I talked about my problems, and said I need to seek help, they were with me till 3-45,they could have left after 5mins but they listened to everything I had to say, unlike Surrey Police who convicted me on what my now ex wife said which were all a pack of lies, so thanks to you all, and Norfolk Police as well I feel a bit better but am OK at present, sorry if I have upset any clarets that are with me, and all your time spent trying to find the help I need, wishing you all the very best from Michael Mc /aka/Burnley Mick South. The police said that when I go to Burnley next time take all the documents I have with my wife's alligations included and see if they will look at them and realizer that Surrey Police did not act properly in doing the job properly, i was guilty of nothing except of loving and worshiping my wife Tracey who totally destroyed my life, and they backed her to the hilt, seven and a half months living in my car, lost everything because of her and Surrey Police, I now rest my case with you all u till I come to Burnley probably next month for the Villa game, thanks again to all my fellow clarets for your help and understanding UTC.
These 74 users liked this post: fidelcastro Bordeauxclaret DAVETHEVICAR CoolClaret longsidepies Rileybobs jdrobbo Leisure Rowls ClaretInLeeds Bosscat Transpennine Greenmile TsarBomba claptrappers_union Jacob Rees Dogg mybloodisclaret Juan Tanamera Mayoclaret KRBFC beeholeclaret pushpinpussy Claretnick Flixtonclaret1 BobbyBoucher BFC123 Stalbansclaret Tricky Trevor wilks_bfc 4:20 Braindead Tribesmen Jellybean Andingle Big Vinny K Pickles jedi_master martin_p DCWat ArmchairDetective Redbeard claretfern cockneyclaret bfcjg jos Pearcey Caballo Dawlishclaret groove Spiral Oakworth claret RHansburyEsq Bob Lorder Jimscho aclaretinstevenage SPC&G onewillieirvine expoultryboy whiffa jjclaret Bin Ont Turf Newcastleclaret93 Gerry Hattrick Clive 1960 Claretlad Brucefanclaret ViscountClaret Woody9229 Foshiznik sanderson370 Dodobdobodobo Minimoog Steddyman KateR

longside72
Been Liked: 184 times
Has Liked: 224 times

Post by longside72 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:13 pm

Glad to hear your feeling better mick, if you ever need to talk with someone , ring Casual.Minds Matter 01282 222290

lakedistrictclaret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 186 times

Post by lakedistrictclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:14 pm

Great to hear from you Mick, you sound more positive than last night.

Do let us know when you're coming up for a home game, there'll be plenty of people wanting to.meet you.

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2567 times
Has Liked: 769 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:14 pm

Meet up with as many fellow Clarets as you can Mick on that Villa game.

What a tonic going on the Turf is for the mind, win lose or draw. There isn’t anything else like it.

Take care.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:15 pm

So happy to hear you’re doing slightly better Mick.

Brilliant work by TsarBomba as well and good on Norfolk Police for their helping hand.

It’s great what can happen when people come together.

All the best Mick
This user liked this post: KateR

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4843 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:16 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:09 pm
First of all I want to say thanks to all the clarets that responded to the way I felt last night, I am in Gt Yarmouth till Wednesday, but last night I was so down that it would have been so easy to walk into the sea and not look back, but every comment on here made me think, I also had a visit from Norfolk fine police force at 2-45 am this morning, they and I talked about my problems, and said I need to seek help, they were with me till 3-45,they could have left after 5mins but they listened to everything I had to say, unlike Surrey Police who convicted me on what my now ex wife said which were all a pack of lies, so thanks to you all, and Norfolk Police as well I feel a bit better but am OK at present, sorry if I have upset any clarets that are with me, and all your time spent trying to find the help I need, wishing you all the very best from Michael Mc /aka/Burnley Mick South. The police said that when I go to Burnley next time take all the documents I have with my wife's alligations included and see if they will look at them and realizer that Surrey Police did not act properly in doing the job properly, i was guilty of nothing except of loving and worshiping my wife Tracey who totally destroyed my life, and they backed her to the hilt, seven and a half months living in my car, lost everything because of her and Surrey Police, I now rest my case with you all u till I come to Burnley probably next month for the Villa game, thanks again to all my fellow clarets for your help and understanding UTC.

A huge hurdle was taken last night. It’s only one hurdle and there might be more to come, but know there are people here who will help you over each obstacle.

Mick, when you’ve got the strength, please consider moving back to Burnley. There is an enormous army of people here that you can call friends. I guarantee you wouldn’t be on your own.

Very best wishes to you and thank you to everyone who has helped over the last 24 hours, no matter how big or small.

John
These 3 users liked this post: Jacob Rees Dogg NewClaret aclaretinstevenage

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4036 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:16 pm

Glad your ok Mick. UTC.

DAVETHEVICAR
Been Liked: 834 times
Has Liked: 1637 times

Post by DAVETHEVICAR » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:16 pm

Great to hear you are feeling more positive and going to the Villa game
Keep posting on this thread and reading all the wonderful advice from these amazing members of the message board

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:19 pm

Thank goodness you've posted Mick. I'm so pleased you are OK, I'm so pleased that the police helped and I'm so pleased you felt able to post this afternoon.

Take care of yourself, stick with us on here, if nothing else it's at least a distraction at times, but please, please get the help you need. It's there for you.

All my best wishes Mick,
Tony

Nonayforever
Been Liked: 702 times
Has Liked: 174 times

Post by Nonayforever » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:23 pm

Thanks for posting again Mick.
Sounds like things have taken a positive turn and there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
You have just made a lot of Clarets happier with that post.

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:24 pm

Just at work and seen this, it has made my day.

Great to hear from you Mick.

And Tony- thanks for the email earlier, just seen it.
These 2 users liked this post: ClaretTony KateR

taio
Been Liked: 3244 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:25 pm

What an enormously brave thing you did posting on here and reaching out for support. Hopefully you have turned a corner. If you deteriorate please get the support you need and deserve, for example: https://www.sabp.nhs.uk/crisis-helpline

Rowls
Been Liked: 5102 times
Has Liked: 5174 times

Post by Rowls » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:25 pm

Very relieved and grateful to hear from you, Mick.

Wishing you all the best and that you manage to find a positive direction in your life.

ClaretInLeeds

Post by ClaretInLeeds » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:26 pm

Glad you’ve found the strength to post, Mick. You had a lot of people worried! Take it one day at a time - there are many people who are willing to be a listening ear for you!

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 577 times
Has Liked: 171 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:31 pm

Glad you posted, Mick. Please seek out the help you need to get you in a better place of mind.

Well done to everyone who has helped, and to TsarBomba for getting in touch with the local police. Just shows what forums like this one can do when people put their minds to it.

Alanstevensonsgloves
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by Alanstevensonsgloves » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:31 pm

jdrobbo wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:16 pm
. ...

Mick, when you’ve got the strength, please consider moving back to Burnley. There is an enormous army of people here that you can call friends. I guarantee you wouldn’t be on your own.
Exactly this Mick, it's one of the main reasons I moved back up North. In these hard financial times you will find everything more affordable too, especially accommodation. You can always stick a post on here to see if anyone knows of any jobs going that suit your experience. You need to keep yourself busy and a reason to get up in the morning.

Don't disappear from the board Mick, keep posting on any threads that take your fancy so we know you are up and about.

Let he know if you want to meet up down South, it seems myself and plenty others are happy to do so. Maybe worth contacting London Clarets too, I presume they are on face book.

And get that help as everyone says, plus tell people around you what you are going through. Mental illness can unfortunately be a hidden illness and others will not give you any support as they may not realise your situation. So tell them and they will. I have a good friend in Ilkley who is always checking up on me and trying to keep me busy since I confided in him. This isn't a battle you can win on your own, so don't try to do so!

We are all here for you (dare I say Devils Advocate included)

ASG
Last edited by Alanstevensonsgloves on Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roperclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:32 pm

Hi Mick, I’m in Cambridge so if you are passing through on Wednesday and just want to meet up for a coffee/beer and a chat, please let me know.

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:32 pm

So pleased you've posted. Next time your up at the Turf, I'm sure people on here won't mind getting together for a pint in the Fan Zone with you before the match or something...

Kindly Eric
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Kindly Eric » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:33 pm

Mick it has made my day that you posted again. The board is always available for you, as are several posters including me. One foot in front of the other. Stay well.

Alanstevensonsgloves
Been Liked: 343 times
Has Liked: 400 times

Post by Alanstevensonsgloves » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:35 pm

Just to add to my above post, please see your doctor too. If suitable, the medicine really helps.

pushpinpussy
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by pushpinpussy » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:41 pm

BurnleyMickSouth wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:09 pm
Mick,

I specialise in Criminal law. If you think your conviciton is not warranted then get in touch with me and i will see if it appealable. There could be a lot of hoops to jump but i will see what i can do. If its a compliant against the police you want to pursue there are a couple of lawyers i know i could put you in touch with. If you want to pursue anything as i can see its hitting you hard send me your email address and ill send you my work email and phone number.
These 6 users liked this post: warksclaret Andingle Jellybean Woody9229 Foshiznik Dodobdobodobo

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1704 times
Has Liked: 790 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:44 pm

Great you have acknowledged and that you are well.

This story has made the "transfer window" a very insignificant event. You have so many good recommendation for help, but if in a few weeks you are still no better contact me on this Board and I can give you the number of an organisation that probably boasts the greatest record of curing anxiety in this country. I used them and the man running it gives you so much belief from the very first words that you are part of the way to recovery

Take care
This user liked this post: Bosscat

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 2002 times
Has Liked: 1148 times

Post by FCBurnley » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:48 pm

Fantastic support on here for you Mick. Make sure you get to the Villa game. YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU

All the best from Florida

Stalbansclaret
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 2984 times

Post by Stalbansclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:09 pm

Very happy to see you post today Mick. When you come up for the Villa game make sure you let everyone on here know where you’ll be for a pre-match pint. We are all one Claret family, even if we haven’t met yet, and you can see the level of goodwill towards you from the many posts here.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2473 times
Has Liked: 2010 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:12 pm

Wow! Mick. You’ve filled me up posting. I’ve thought of little else all day.
Big pat on the back to TsarBomba, for contacting the police and for their communication chain that led to your visit from the Norfolk police.
Thank goodness you got a visit from guys that had time for you.
Best wishes for a long, happier future.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

durhamclaret
Been Liked: 254 times
Has Liked: 319 times

Post by durhamclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:15 pm

Pleased you are ok Mick, I can only echo everybody else’s wishes, if you’re ever up in the north east I’d love to meet up with you.

Marvins Van
Been Liked: 25 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Marvins Van » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:21 pm

As with Tricky, filled up.
Mick, best post in ages to read that you are going to push on.
You can do this. you really can.
Casual Minds is a good shout.
Happy to share a lift North if ever you need company?

Tribesmen
Been Liked: 1181 times
Has Liked: 637 times

Post by Tribesmen » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:31 pm

Well saw the start of this thread last night only just really getting back at it today , it could have been a lot worse but reading it we are all still one and not missing anyone .

Massive thanks to all those who went the extra mile for someone they have never meet .

Love life , love the Clarets
These 2 users liked this post: Bosscat longsidepies

jedi_master
Been Liked: 3605 times
Has Liked: 1032 times

Post by jedi_master » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:49 pm

So glad to see you have posted a response today Mick - I was very concerned at not hearing anything from you today on this thread. You have surely cleared a really big hurdle getting through how you were feeling last night and it’s fantastic to hear that the Police gave you the time and advice you warranted and deserved.

I hope this thread has shown you what you should always know - no matter any differences a Burnley fan has with another, you’re never alone when you’re a Claret. There is always someone willing and wanting to talk and help you.

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:55 pm

Welcome back Mick

Glad you are alright

roperclaret
Been Liked: 339 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by roperclaret » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:02 pm

pushpinpussy wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:41 pm
Mick,

I specialise in Criminal law. If you think your conviciton is not warranted then get in touch with me and i will see if it appealable. There could be a lot of hoops to jump but i will see what i can do. If its a compliant against the police you want to pursue there are a couple of lawyers i know i could put you in touch with. If you want to pursue anything as i can see its hitting you hard send me your email address and ill send you my work email and phone number.
Really not helpful.

Jjjack
Been Liked: 161 times
Has Liked: 308 times

Post by Jjjack » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:11 pm

Mick I've been thinking about you all day I'm so glad to see you post again, you can win this battle stay strong fellow Claret, the coments show you are never alone.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:39 pm

roperclaret wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:02 pm
Really not helpful.
I think he is at a stage where he can decided what is of help to him. It is really wonderful to read all these posts having feared the worst as I read through each and everyone.
A credit to the posters on this Board who have reached out as it may well be that the combined efforts have saved someone's life.
These 2 users liked this post: cblantfanclub Jellybean

Spiral
Been Liked: 2522 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Spiral » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:45 pm

What a relief. Glad you're still here pal.

It's probably worth saying that if there's anyone else reading this thread who themselves feels lonely, anxious, distraught and on the verge of collapsing under the weight of mental stress, or if you feel like gravity is pulling you down harder than everyone else; if you're having trouble concentrating or organising your thoughts; if you're no longer enjoying things you used to enjoy, even the taste of food; and if you feel as though you could break down and cry at any moment, let these 146 replies, all made in less than 24 hours by so-called 'strangers' (to say nothing of the amazing effort to check in on Mick in person), all the offers of help, the offers of a chat and a meetup, all this on a niche little footy forum where we're at each other's throats 50% of the time — this is all the evidence you need that by reaching out for help you are massively helping yourself overcome your own struggles. First thing you need to do is say, "I'm not okay". After that moment everything starts to feel lighter. It's an act of courage to admit that and say it out loud. Look at this thread, there's never shame, never judgement, only love.
These 5 users liked this post: jtv JanetM Jellybean Tricky Trevor sox8595

JanetM
Been Liked: 102 times
Has Liked: 179 times

Post by JanetM » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:47 pm

Hi Mick
So pleased to see your post today. I don't know you and the only things I can see we have in common are our age and love for BFC! I know life can be sh×t, I've been there in the past. I hope you get the help you need. I'm overawed at the response from our Burnley family. You have so many friends on here. You know where we are. Look after yourself x