Muric and Zaroury

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
StayingDown4Ever
Been Liked: 269 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Re: Muric and Zaroury

Post by StayingDown4Ever » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:18 pm

Blatherwickstattoo wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:13 pm
Zaroury was the star boy last season and was the one who I’d have thought would suit the premier league more than the championship. His sending off was daft and set him back but surely he’s going to offer more than tresor who looks like Sunday league player so far. Mind boggling how he’s not starting games
Agree with you on this one, Paul.

Tresor shouldn’t even be in the squad at Bournemouth let alone the starting XI.

Clive 1960
Been Liked: 152 times
Has Liked: 198 times

Post by Clive 1960 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:33 am

Zaroury had a decent half a season but when he came back from world Cup he didn't perform to what he did before going away, maybe because he's still young and learning.

Tricky Trevor
Been Liked: 2475 times
Has Liked: 2011 times

Post by Tricky Trevor » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:39 am

Anybody dreaming Cork still has game is a fool. He was booked every other appearance at Championship level because his legs are done. At PL level he wouldn’t be able to catch them to get a booking.
Thanks for your service Jack.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:27 am

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:39 am
Anybody dreaming Cork still has game is a fool. He was booked every other appearance at Championship level because his legs are done. At PL level he wouldn’t be able to catch them to get a booking.
He’d fit right into our current midfield then.

jojomk1
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 584 times

Re: The Vision

Post by jojomk1 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:49 am

VK sold his vision to Pace
Buy young (even if expensive) and I will coach them into being much better players from whom we will reap a good profit when we sell (two to four players leaving each season will bring in enough profit to keep the vision going financially)
Pace was convinced hence the circa £100m spend this summer, resulting in an overstocked squad of almost 40 players with some going out on loan to keep the wage bill down
Having overseen an ad hoc recruitment policy that gives us 9 wide men, VK now has to show faith with his new signings especially those with a high price tag otherwise Pace and Co will, quite rightly, be asking questions
Muric will not play unless Trafford gets injured.
Tresor is, I believe, a loan with an obligation to buy next summer for over £15m so plays
Odobert was another reasonably expensive signing so the two of them plus a promising Koleosho come before Zaroury Larsen and Benson (never mind JBG, Redmond and Churlinov)
The other expensive signing is Ramsey who, again, will see first team action before Cork and the same could apply to Massengo whenever we see him
This user liked this post: Carlos the Great

Nori1958
Been Liked: 1112 times
Has Liked: 347 times

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:02 am

jojomk1 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:49 am
Buy young (even if expensive) and I will coach them into being much better players from whom we will reap a good profit when we sell (two to four players leaving each season will bring in enough profit to keep the vision going financially)
Pace was convinced hence the circa £100m spend this summer, resulting in an overstocked squad of almost 40 players with some going out on loan to keep the wage bill down
Having overseen an ad hoc recruitment policy that gives us 9 wide men, VK now has to show faith with his new signings especially those with a high price tag otherwise Pace and Co will, quite rightly, be asking questions
Tresor is, I believe, a loan with an obligation to buy next summer for over £15m so plays
Odobert was another reasonably expensive signing so the two of them plus a promising Koleosho come before Zaroury Larsen and Benson (never mind JBG, Redmond and Churlinov)
The other expensive signing is Ramsey who, again, will see first team action before Cork and the same could apply to Massengo whenever we see him
If that really is the vision, then your argument falls at the first hurdle

At the start of the season the players with the biggest potential to go for the big bucks was zaroury and Benson, ( already played a successful season, long term contracts etc) Iam aware injuries and suspension have limited their availability, but if your senario was correct they'd be being pushed into the team at the first opportunity, and they haven't been.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1508 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:13 am

jojomk1 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:49 am
I think you’ve just made a load of assumptions there and hoped for the best. Odobert wasn’t in the squad earlier in the season, yet the decidedly less expensive Koleosho was starting. Tresor too has only just started games. Zaroury surely would be starting if increasing asset value was the name of the game considering he is young was relatively cheap.

HuncoatClaret
Been Liked: 203 times
Has Liked: 110 times

Post by HuncoatClaret » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:42 am

Add Cork to the ones who have to start the next few games
These 2 users liked this post: SalisburyClaret k90bfc

Petersa
Been Liked: 206 times
Has Liked: 134 times

Post by Petersa » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:14 am

The one whose omission mystifies more than anyone is Jack Cork. Last season up until he lost his place after being suspended he was I think leading the player of the season rankings. He played after that some smashing cameos where he came on and stiffened up the midfield, Ewood being as good an example as I can think of.
This season no starts but again in one league game as a sub against Tottenham things looked an awful lot better after he came on...the damage had been done by then but it all looked a lot better.
Two starts in the LC, didn't see either game and therefore I can't really comment on his performance and I suppose Salford are lower league opposition....Forest aren't though and guess what Burnley won both games. Can things get much worse after Brentford? Time for something to change.
These 2 users liked this post: SalisburyClaret k90bfc

Hipper
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 922 times

Post by Hipper » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:16 am

I don't agree about Zaroury. He started off well enough but he didn't keep those standards up in the latter part of the season. I don't know why.

In the case of Muric, it's difficult to know how he would fare at this level but as the players in front of him can't cope it's difficult to see he how his passing and risk taking would be anything other then a disaster. Is he a better shot stopper at this level? I don't know.
This user liked this post: Darthlaw

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:22 am

I'd like to see Zaroury with his ability to beat a man and deliver a cross, given a go as an alternative to the raw pace of Odobert and Koleosho.

That said I'd prefer Bruun Larsen, who has shown probably the most impact on the team in his brief cameos, to be starting over any other winger.
This user liked this post: thomo27

Petersa

Post by Petersa » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:35 am

Hipper wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:16 am

In the case of Muric, it's difficult to know how he would fare at this level but as the players in front of him can't cope it's difficult to see he how his passing and risk taking would be anything other then a disaster. Is he a better shot stopper at this level? I don't know.
I don't whether he is a better shot stopper either but what I do know is that Muric can, or certainly could last season, hit clearances 30 or 40 yards accurately to feet. Burnley are currently passing out from the back inside their own penalty area. The centre backs currently the second choice get no time to take a breath they are under almost permanent pressure and we can all see the results.
These 2 users liked this post: thomo27 k90bfc

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:45 am

Peter, lets not be revisionist here. Aside the occasional pass over the top for Tella to run on to, last season with Muric in the nets we often played out to the CB's and slowly built up play. How many times would we see Beyer make the breaks through the middle with the ball to disrupt the opposition? Interestingly when Beyer as played this season, I've seen him try it and be tackled by the first player he's tried to go past.

Whilst trying not to keep going over this again, who would Muric ping these 30/40 yard passes to? Our current outfield look incapable of retaining possession, so I'm not sure putting someone who can spray passes will stop opposition players having the time and space to pick top corner shots with ease each week.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:48 am

Presently heading for GF 29 GA 97
Seems to me the solution is pretty obvious

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:54 am

Hoof ball was far more effective the SD way and if VK doesn’t change his modus operandi I think he will be collecting his P45 unless we can afford another season in the Champoinship
There is no doubt these young players will get better but maybe not in this league this season as if not already their young heads will be down pretty soon
The plan is a season ahead of schedule but I think without a radical change of approach we are stuffed and another Championship season awaits for the £100million plus squad

Petersa

Post by Petersa » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:56 am

Thanks Darthlaw I've been called many things in my life never a revisionist before!
I just feel that losing a ball 30 or 40 yards out is preferable to losing it less than 18 yards out. Before anyone says it it would be better not to lose it at all.
This user liked this post: Darthlaw

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:04 am

I don't disagree there. I'm sure, losing the ball in the opposition half is less likely statistically to lead directly to a goal, rather than losing it within 18 yards.(although dont take that as fact) I do wonder though how capable our midfield are of actually gaining possession from long passes in the first place to actually lose it, if that makes sense?

Like I say, I think we have more pressing issues to solve, like our midfield giving the opposition all the time in the world to keep firing in these top corner 'worldies', before we decide that changing the shot stopping goalkeeper for a ball playing one will drastically change our fortunes.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:51 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:45 am
Peter, lets not be revisionist here. Aside the occasional pass over the top for Tella to run on to, last season with Muric in the nets we often played out to the CB's and slowly built up play. How many times would we see Beyer make the breaks through the middle with the ball to disrupt the opposition? Interestingly when Beyer as played this season, I've seen him try it and be tackled by the first player he's tried to go past.

Whilst trying not to keep going over this again, who would Muric ping these 30/40 yard passes to? Our current outfield look incapable of retaining possession, so I'm not sure putting someone who can spray passes will stop opposition players having the time and space to pick top corner shots with ease each week.
There was a video released last season allegedly showing Murics goal assists. Laughably the vast majority were just short passes to the fullbacks, or the favoured ball to Cullen...as you say very few were long range accurate passes..no premier league team would allow the ball to Cullen, and the fullbacks get closed down now a lot quicker.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2262 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:12 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:51 pm
There was a video released last season allegedly showing Murics goal assists. Laughably the vast majority were just short passes to the fullbacks, or the favoured ball to Cullen...as you say very few were long range accurate passes..no premier league team would allow the ball to Cullen, and the fullbacks get closed down now a lot quicker.
Laughably?

What is wrong with you? (other than faking deaths)

Why can't anyone comprehend that if we're being pressed deep in our own half then there's space in behind and we have a keeper on the bench that can launch it from the deck to the oppositions box/channels accurately.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:32 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:12 pm
Laughably?

What is wrong with you? (other than faking deaths)

Why can't anyone comprehend that if we're being pressed deep in our own half then there's space in behind and we have a keeper on the bench that can launch it from the deck to the oppositions box/channels accurately.
Laughably because they were saying it was a goal assist when he passed it to a fullback, then 7 other players touched the ball before the goal was scored....

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:05 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:12 pm
because
Darthlaw wrote: Like I say, I think we have more pressing issues to solve, like our midfield giving the opposition all the time in the world to keep firing in these top corner 'worldies', before we decide that changing the shot stopping goalkeeper for a ball playing one will drastically change our fortunes.

Holtyclaret
Been Liked: 345 times
Has Liked: 1572 times

Post by Holtyclaret » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:08 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:39 am
He was booked so much because he came on late with instructions to disrupt play and ‘take one for team’ if required. But yes he is very much at the twilight of his top flight days and will probably only make short cameos this year.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:14 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:51 pm
There was a video released last season allegedly showing Murics goal assists. Laughably the vast majority were just short passes to the fullbacks
It wasn't a video of assists, I think they called it "Muric's Best Bits" or similar.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2262 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by CoolClaret » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:20 pm

Rumour has it again that Sevilla are also interested (along with Union Berlin) in Muric.

We will kick ourselves if we let this lad go hoenstly. He is absolutely mustard.
This user liked this post: k90bfc

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1032 times
Has Liked: 280 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:43 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:20 pm

We will kick ourselves
We’d probably miss the way things are going

Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Post by Anthonini » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:51 pm

Trafford and Tresor > sloppy muric and red zaroury.

Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by Anonymous Claret » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:07 pm

Holtyclaret wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:08 pm
He was booked so much because he came on late with instructions to disrupt play and ‘take one for team’ if required. But yes he is very much at the twilight of his top flight days and will probably only make short cameos this year.
Cork picked up about 10 yellows before the end of Feb. I think he started in all of those games. It was only after Feb that he seemed to spend more time on the bench.

Nori1958

Post by Nori1958 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:21 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:14 pm
It wasn't a video of assists, I think they called it "Muric's Best Bits" or similar.
I don't know what it was called, but each one ended in a goal, and it didn't show any of his saves

I'd be a bit worried if his best bits, was a pass to the fullback :lol:

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3168 times
Has Liked: 6770 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:31 pm

Nori1958 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:21 pm
I don't know what it was called, but each one ended in a goal, and it didn't show any of his saves

I'd be a bit worried if his best bits, was a pass to the fullback :lol:
Strange, because the one I saw showed saves, some decent passes, and the famous nutmeg.