I could just about manage Zaroury..........but

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
CaptJohn
Been Liked: 468 times
Has Liked: 333 times

I could just about manage Zaroury..........but

Post by CaptJohn » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:33 pm

I've realised that I've lost track of the names of our players.
In days gone by we had Sammy Todd, Fred Smith, Willie Morgan, Colin Blant, Jim Thompson, Brian Miller and Harry Potts. Nowadays we've got Jordan Beyer, Anass Zaroury, Wilson Odobert, Hjalmar Ekdal, Zeki Amdouni and for the life of me I'm losing track of how to correctly pronounce them let alone spell them. I've got nothing but admiration for all of these talented players but their names don't easily roll off the tongue. Thank goodness we've just signed a youngster by the name of Mikey O'Neill. I can handle that :D

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1306 times
Has Liked: 1406 times

Re: I could just about manage Zaroury..........but

Post by Aclaret » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:01 pm

At the start of last season all the new names were difficult but they soon gelled with their new teamates and us fans.
This season....well, not much seems to be gelling and I must admit I'm losing track of all the new names......perhaps its my age !

Westleigh
Been Liked: 241 times
Has Liked: 230 times

Re: I could just about manage Zaroury..........but

Post by Westleigh » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:17 pm

CaptJohn wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:33 pm
I've realised that I've lost track of the names of our players.
In days gone by we had Sammy Todd, Fred Smith, Willie Morgan, Colin Blant, Jim Thompson, Brian Miller and Harry Potts. Nowadays we've got Jordan Beyer, Anass Zaroury, Wilson Odobert, Hjalmar Ekdal, Zeki Amdouni and for the life of me I'm losing track of how to correctly pronounce them let alone spell them. I've got nothing but admiration for all of these talented players but their names don't easily roll off the tongue. Thank goodness we've just signed a youngster by the name of Mikey O'Neill. I can handle that :D
Posted something similar last season,and the usual suspects accused me of being racist,be careful.