Leicester

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Leicester

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:15 pm

could be trouble for them, potential points deduction rumour.
https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/03/0 ... -breaches/

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Re: Leicester

Post by dougcollins » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:23 pm

If so, it's pretty much a guarantee for Leeds to go up auto.

Just read it, won't affect them this season. It is Leicester after all.
Last edited by dougcollins on Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burnmark
Been Liked: 603 times
Has Liked: 478 times

Post by burnmark » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:24 pm

We need Leicester to go up.
This user liked this post: NewClaret

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3115 times
Has Liked: 3836 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:25 pm

dougcollins wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:23 pm
If so, it's pretty much a guarantee for Leeds to go up auto.

Just read it, won't affect them this season. It is Leicester after all.
Says it won’t impact this season

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11060 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:40 pm

I've read conflicting things on this season, who knows.

ecc
Been Liked: 1442 times
Has Liked: 1289 times

Post by ecc » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:47 am

Leicester and financial irregularities shock!
This user liked this post: bfcjg

Anonymous Claret
Been Liked: 131 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by Anonymous Claret » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:48 am

Is anyone else sick of teams cheating? Everton, Forest, Man City and probably Chelsea all in breach of FFP/PSR rules.

Even with points deductions to some of these teams it will hardly affect their league status. This shows that it is worth breaking the rules and cheating for the clubs involved.

I am pretty sure that clubs would soon get their acts together if the punishment for breaking FFP/PSR rules was automatic relegation for each breach.

It is very unlikely to happen because the EPL like the rest of world football is unbelievably corrupt. When billions of pounds are involved corruption isn't too far behind.

I am awaiting the punishment for City if found guilty. I hope they plead not guilty to every charge and for every charge they are found guilty of, they receive a 20 point deduction. As Everton initially received 10 points and they pleaded guilty I think this would be a fair punishment.

In reality I can see some kind of deal being done with City and the EPL which will see them pleading guilty to a handful of charges. They will probably receive what the media will call a substantial points deduction that may even result in them being relegated to the Championship.

Even if they are relegated to the Championship it won't really affect them for too long. They need to be sent into the National League but this is never going to happen in a million years.

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3150 times
Has Liked: 10260 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:00 am

Leicester have got away with it for years.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:50 am

I'd hardly call the loss of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha "getting away with it" granted they'd be in a far better position if he was still alive for sure. He cared about the club far more than the other members of the family.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2319 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:52 am

Anonymous Claret wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:48 am
Is anyone else sick of teams cheating? Everton, Forest, Man City and probably Chelsea all in breach of FFP/PSR rules.

Even with points deductions to some of these teams it will hardly affect their league status. This shows that it is worth breaking the rules and cheating for the clubs involved.

I am pretty sure that clubs would soon get their acts together if the punishment for breaking FFP/PSR rules was automatic relegation for each breach.

It is very unlikely to happen because the EPL like the rest of world football is unbelievably corrupt. When billions of pounds are involved corruption isn't too far behind.

I am awaiting the punishment for City if found guilty. I hope they plead not guilty to every charge and for every charge they are found guilty of, they receive a 20 point deduction. As Everton initially received 10 points and they pleaded guilty I think this would be a fair punishment.

In reality I can see some kind of deal being done with City and the EPL which will see them pleading guilty to a handful of charges. They will probably receive what the media will call a substantial points deduction that may even result in them being relegated to the Championship.

Even if they are relegated to the Championship it won't really affect them for too long. They need to be sent into the National League but this is never going to happen in a million years.
Be honest though, would you really be surprised if it turned out we hadn't been following the rules, I don't think I would.
I don't trust the guys in charge at our place, they're dodgy characters in my opinion.

South West Claret.
Been Liked: 766 times
Has Liked: 499 times

Post by South West Claret. » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:59 am

Anyone than dirty Weeds to come up please

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1490 times
Has Liked: 1848 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:01 am

Leicester did get huge debts chalked off and then the Thai guys came in. Gary " I love Leicester " Linacre was part of a "rescue" that involved writing off massive debts.
Personally I like many are totally disillusioned with punishment after the Everton nonsense
All you need is lots of large envelopes Blatterstyle and a lawyer with lots of front .

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3165 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:13 am

Anonymous Claret wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:48 am

It is the nature of competition to find a way to win, add in billionaires who are used to getting what they want when they want and you have an environment that is ripe for rule interpretations and stretching - Everton tried that and lost out.

There is absolutely no evidence that the Premier League is corrupt, it has definitely been lax in the past but not corrupt

People bashing it over the head for:
Parachute payments - they strengthen it's own league by increasing the competitiveness of relegated teams
VAR - that is run by PGMOL
The Everton points penalty reduction - that was down to the choices of an independent commission, the appeal upheld, even firmed up on some, every judgement on the charges against Everton, it just said a couple of statements the first commission made was nonsense, they include a judgement on Everton's attitude (there was no charge) and the freedom to formulate their own penalties (EFL precedent must now be used).

absolutely no one expects Manchester City to be found guilty of all 122 charges, City will plead not guilty to all of them - they always have under CFG, and once of a time Manchester City would have loved to do a deal, it is the cultural norm for the owners, however what they want to do is make the Premier League (and all football authorities) hurt and fear them now - hence all the pre-hearing court cases on the technicalities that the media is not being allowed to report.

To relegate Manchester City, you would probably have to give them a penalty of over 80 points - and they could still qualify for Europe by winning the Champions League not forgetting they will be targeting next summers 32 team club world cup. The dramatic penalty many want is an expulsion, because that means the EFL do not have to take them and they will only be able to enter the pyramid where a league accepts them - Note that the National league does not have FFP type rules.

mdd2
Been Liked: 1666 times
Has Liked: 701 times

Post by mdd2 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:52 am

can we avoid a £13 million loss next season?

Chester Perry
Been Liked: 3165 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by Chester Perry » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:08 am

mdd2 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:52 am
can we avoid a £13 million loss next season?
you would hope so from a likely £70m or so revenue