Out of contract

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Lord_Bob
Been Liked: 137 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Re: Out of contract

Post by Lord_Bob » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:30 pm

I think that they are all going and that's probably OK. Love Jack and JBG but I think it's time. Not a huge Brownhill fan. Charlie is like a fish out of water in the system we are trying to play. The loanees will be going back.

Unfortunately, add to those O'Shea, Berge and Odobert. Now we are looking at another rebuild, unless we think the loanees will come back and do a job for us. Even then, we are very short in the full back dept. and midfield looks a little weak and no proven striker - so yeah - another rebuild.

To me, it is just another manifestation of the mistakes we made last summer when we decided to re-build, when, in my opinion, we needed a few additions and not wholesale changes. Now here we are, needing to make wholesale changes again. Hopefully we have learned and build a team for not only the Championship, but hopefully our next PL campaign.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 726 times

Re: Out of contract

Post by superdimitri » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:32 am

We need to build a team for the season after next and a team that'll be able to make some money from one or two good young players being sold. Players like Brownhill and Cullen will be 30 in two seasons time and will add viral experience for our youngsters.

Gudmundsson will be 35 so it makes little sense to keep him. Even Taylor will be 32 and they'll both potentially take playing time away from younger prospects.

We have so many players when we buy Esteve+Tresor and try and keep Assignon and Bruum Larsen then it will mean we'll need to sell others but it may be worth it for the future.

I honestly couldn't pick which central defenders to keep or to sell since I think they are all very good.

I don't see any future with players that we've already got loaned