Striker, Left Back, Defensive Midfielder

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 201 times

Re: Striker, Left Back, Defensive Midfielder

Post by bumba » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:04 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:55 am
We’d absolutely walk the division with:

Muric/Trafford
Sambo Beyer Esteve Roberts
Cullen Berge
Koleosho Amdouni Odobert
Whittaker

VK needs to figure out our future number 1 and sell the other.
You can even put Vitinho left back if Roberts goes.
Anass if Odobert leaves.

Everybody else for me can go, the only players I’d look to keep aside from that 11 is Anass, Al Dakhil and Mellon. Obviously they won’t all go, so the ones we’re stuck with end up as our cover.
As much as I'd like to see Amdouni in the championship to build his confidence I'm not sure he'll want to stay. Roberts I think will definitely leave, Whittaker and Foster as options up top would definitely be very strong in that league.
Going to be a lot tougher than most fans think though next season could be one of the toughest that division has ever seen.

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 201 times

Post by bumba » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:05 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:40 am
Benson and Zaroury signed 5 year deals so I guess that’s our choice.

I think a lot of the fan speculation about deep rooted unhappiness is wide of the mark and more a side effect of us as a fanbase only being used to having a strong 11 and weaker bench in recent years. I’m sure both will be fine to stay if they were getting more game time which they surely would in the championship.

Re: Whittaker I’m unsure but I suppose that’s mainly as I suspect the fee will be huge and his numbers mean he’ll likely have other suitors.

An alternative: Omari Forson. Probably equally unrealistic if United want to keep him as he’s getting some appearances now but OOC in summer and would be an ideal replacement for Tella imo. Could see him being available on a free or a loan if United resign him.
Still don't understand why we extended those deals unless they were pre agreed upon promotion.
If both players want out though it'd be wise to sell keeping players that are unhappy never ends well

Darnhill Claret
Been Liked: 513 times
Has Liked: 1070 times

Post by Darnhill Claret » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:55 pm

People are so entrenched in their goalkeeper views, that until we have a clear number 1, with a more than competent number 2, that will continue. In fairness to both our present keepers I think this is a hangover from Nick Pope. It started last season with unfair comparisons between Pope and Muric and he's continued this season. I think we have 2 excellent young and relatively young keepers. The microscope is on both right now for slightly different reasons. As I may have mentioned once or twice before this is a testing time for supporters to back them through their difficult times. A true test for supporters is to back players when things go wrong. Hate fairweather fans who expect consistent and continual excellence from players. It is just unrealistic and wrong. Think it started when edited highlights of games became the norm showing the best bits of games where pundits would praise the achievers, but then analysts began to start telling us how the goals could have been prevented and that kick started the blame culture. So now we take for granted excellence, whilst abusing and bullying those that fall below the highest standards.
Like calling fans of other clubs plastic for leaving early, but excusing ours for doing the same. I agree that anyone should leave whenever they choose but a mass exodus because we are getting battered is slightly different. Let's not give in to those pressures, let's be defiant and cheer our lads to the final whistle then we can quite rightly give ourselves a mighty pat on the back and call ourselves, fantastic fans, super supporters, knowing that we gave it everything, instead of accusing players of not putting it all in.
This user liked this post: CoolClaret

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2263 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:17 pm

Darnhill Claret wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:55 pm
People are so entrenched in their goalkeeper views, that until we have a clear number 1, with a more than competent number 2, that will continue. In fairness to both our present keepers I think this is a hangover from Nick Pope. It started last season with unfair comparisons between Pope and Muric and he's continued this season. I think we have 2 excellent young and relatively young keepers. The microscope is on both right now for slightly different reasons. As I may have mentioned once or twice before this is a testing time for supporters to back them through their difficult times. A true test for supporters is to back players when things go wrong. Hate fairweather fans who expect consistent and continual excellence from players. It is just unrealistic and wrong. Think it started when edited highlights of games became the norm showing the best bits of games where pundits would praise the achievers, but then analysts began to start telling us how the goals could have been prevented and that kick started the blame culture. So now we take for granted excellence, whilst abusing and bullying those that fall below the highest standards.
Like calling fans of other clubs plastic for leaving early, but excusing ours for doing the same. I agree that anyone should leave whenever they choose but a mass exodus because we are getting battered is slightly different. Let's not give in to those pressures, let's be defiant and cheer our lads to the final whistle then we can quite rightly give ourselves a mighty pat on the back and call ourselves, fantastic fans, super supporters, knowing that we gave it everything, instead of accusing players of not putting it all in.
I think Pope would struggle in our (current) system in all honesty - the ball would be coming back to us at an alarming rate.

Having said that, I totally agree re hyperanalysis over moments and the 'blame culture'. It is tiresome, unconstructive and loses site of the bigger picture.