Home games pretty much sold out

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
4midable
Been Liked: 390 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Re: Home games pretty much sold out

Post by 4midable » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:51 pm

Casper2 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:27 pm
I take it hospitality is still available for all games ?
Bigger games wont last long if so

BleedingClaret
Been Liked: 988 times
Has Liked: 1660 times

Post by BleedingClaret » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:58 pm

Goddy wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:11 pm
Just had a quick look and no tickets available until the new year, now, as mentioned above.

Luton 6 tickets left
Fulham 49 tickets left

Couldn't be bothered looking at the others just now. The real point is, though, if you want a ticket for the few matches that remain with any going spare, I wouldn't hang about. (I managed to get Luton and Arsenal tickets but failed miserably for Everton and WHU tickets as I dithered :( )
Get a life mate, counting seats left ffs!
Oh by the way
Brighton 87
These 3 users liked this post: Leisure Goddy gawthorpe_view

Leisure
Been Liked: 3815 times
Has Liked: 12505 times

Post by Leisure » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:09 pm

There will always be seats come available a few weeks before games once ST holders realise that they can't make a game and sell their seat back to the Club. You just need to keep checking the seating plan for each game.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2895 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:15 pm

As for away support I can only think of six clubs who won't fill the away end:

Palace, Fulham, Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton & Luton.

bfcwest
Been Liked: 69 times
Has Liked: 85 times

Post by bfcwest » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:33 pm

Shame we didn't increase stadium capacity when we had the chance, we could now be taking advantage of the extra demand and building the fan base for the future.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:38 pm

Spijed wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:15 pm
As for away support I can only think of six clubs who won't fill the away end:

Palace, Fulham, Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton & Luton.
They’ll all bring 2200 surely?

burnmark
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by burnmark » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:50 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:38 pm
They’ll all bring 2200 surely?
Nope.

Never seen any of those sell out completely at The Turf. Palace came close previously. Fulham and Bournemouth bring low numbers. Brighton may bring a few more this season depending on how they are doing in the league.

Similarly, possibly Brentford and Bournemouth aside, I doubt we will sell out the maximum capacity in their away ends at those grounds either.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:03 pm

burnmark wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:50 pm
Nope.

Never seen any of those sell out completely at The Turf. Palace came close previously. Fulham and Bournemouth bring low numbers. Brighton may bring a few more this season depending on how they are doing in the league.

Similarly, possibly Brentford and Bournemouth aside, I doubt we will sell out the maximum capacity in their away ends at those grounds either.
Wow, I’m really shocked at that. I thought all away ends got sold out in the Prem. Can’t recall seeing any empty seats from those clubs listed, anyway.

burnmark
Been Liked: 605 times
Has Liked: 481 times

Post by burnmark » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:11 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:03 pm
Wow, I’m really shocked at that. I thought all away ends got sold out in the Prem. Can’t recall seeing any empty seats from those clubs listed, anyway.
A look at the fixtures from our last PL season will give some insight into away attendances:

https://www.uptheclarets.com/fixtures-r ... 22-results

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:22 pm

burnmark wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:11 pm
A look at the fixtures from our last PL season will give some insight into away attendances:

https://www.uptheclarets.com/fixtures-r ... 22-results
Wow, much lower numbers from us than I thought too.

We had far higher away followings in the Championship. I can’t recall taking 1k to any game other than maybe Luton for obvious reasons and Millwall on a Tuesday night.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2109 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:32 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:22 pm
Wow, much lower numbers from us than I thought too.

We had far higher away followings in the Championship. I can’t recall taking 1k to any game other than maybe Luton for obvious reasons and Millwall on a Tuesday night.
The last season under Dyche we had some really low away followings. We were struggling to sell the reduced allocations even at some of the more local games.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4188 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:02 am

bfcwest wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:33 pm
Shame we didn't increase stadium capacity when we had the chance, we could now be taking advantage of the extra demand and building the fan base for the future.
:D You do love to bang this drum, when was this chance we had to increase it ? Which stand are you closing and moving the fans out of first ?

The fans you are moving where are they going ? Or do you think we should have done this when we had the chance when crowds of 12-13000 were turning up ?

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by Claretforever » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:33 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:02 am
:D You do love to bang this drum, when was this chance we had to increase it ? Which stand are you closing and moving the fans out of first ?

The fans you are moving where are they going ? Or do you think we should have done this when we had the chance when crowds of 12-13000 were turning up ?
It’s always going to be a tough decision. Do you redevelop when you don’t have the fans or the funds, or do you redevelop when you have the funds but don’t have the space to move fans into?

At some point we will have to redevelop purely to remain a safe operating venue if nothing else, so that decision will have to be made.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:35 am

Claretforever wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:33 am
It’s always going to be a tough decision. Do you redevelop when you don’t have the fans or the funds, or do you redevelop when you have the funds but don’t have the space to move fans into?

At some point we will have to redevelop purely to remain a safe operating venue if nothing else, so that decision will have to be made.
Fully agreed, but there is a lot more to it as you have said than lazily trotting out build bigger stands
This user liked this post: Claretforever

Goddy
Been Liked: 192 times
Has Liked: 694 times

Post by Goddy » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:57 am

BleedingClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:58 pm
Get a life mate, counting seats left ffs!
Oh by the way
Brighton 87
Just for you, BleedingClaret......

Luton 5 tickets left
Fulham 42 tickets to go

Right, I'll be off out now (having taken your excellent advice, BC :))
This user liked this post: BleedingClaret

bfcwest

Post by bfcwest » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:02 am

Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:02 am

If clubs took your approach then no ground would ever be developed or capacity increased.
I've suggested several times during my drum banging excercises as to how we could re-develop and increase capacity with the least impact on existing fans.

I would re-deveop the Bob Lord first. It has the least fans in it, and there may be a way of doing it without any fans having to be re-located. Liverpool and several other clubs have done this with their main stand by essentially building a new higher roof over the top, then extending backwards from the back of the exisiting stand. FInally you take away the existing roof and link the old to the new. There are a loads of other ways of doing it, the club just need to want to do it.

fatboy47
Been Liked: 2327 times
Has Liked: 2701 times

Post by fatboy47 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:09 am

Club could cut costs by punting most of the ticket office staff till next feb/march and just opening for a couple of hours a week.

Must be running that office and paying all those staff for doing next to nothing now, surely?

VinnyK2023
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by VinnyK2023 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:02 pm

Have we even sold the seats behind vinny in the Bob Lord stand, that were always empty last season?

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:50 pm

bfcwest wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:02 am
If clubs took your approach then no ground would ever be developed or capacity increased.
I've suggested several times during my drum banging excercises as to how we could re-develop and increase capacity with the least impact on existing fans.

I would re-deveop the Bob Lord first. It has the least fans in it, and there may be a way of doing it without any fans having to be re-located. Liverpool and several other clubs have done this with their main stand by essentially building a new higher roof over the top, then extending backwards from the back of the exisiting stand. FInally you take away the existing roof and link the old to the new. There are a loads of other ways of doing it, the club just need to want to do it.
The work at Anfield for the main stand and Anfield Rd is expecting to have cost 200m once finished, Fulham's over 100m for 1 stand to be done. It is a lot harder to do than lazily throw things around that should be done.

bfcwest

Post by bfcwest » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:33 pm

Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:50 pm
The work at Anfield for the main stand and Anfield Rd is expecting to have cost 200m once finished, Fulham's over 100m for 1 stand to be done. It is a lot harder to do than lazily throw things around that should be done.
Is ‘lazy’ your go to ‘put down’?!
You think that someone saying the ground needs improving and capacity increasing is lazy?!

I wasn’t suggesting we build what Liverpool or Fulham built, not sure why you bring those figures into the equation. I said extend the Bob Lord back. You were moaning about fans being moved so I made a suggestion. It was only on idea, there are loads of others for the open minded.

thehistorylecturer63
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by thehistorylecturer63 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:10 am

bfcwest wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:33 pm
You think that someone saying the ground needs improving and capacity increasing is lazy?!

I wasn’t suggesting we build what Liverpool or Fulham built, not sure why you bring those figures into the equation. I said extend the Bob Lord back. You were moaning about fans being moved so I made a suggestion. It was only on idea, there are loads of others for the open minded.
Two words -

Opportunity cost ..

spend on the ground at the expense of the squad ? they just cannot do both.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:16 am

bfcwest wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:33 pm

No it isn't a put down, it is true though that to just sit there saying we should have built bigger stands earlier is lazy. You were given the cost of Liverpool as you said they are doing this. I asked you when we should do this as it isn't that long since we were getting 13000 on should we have done it then ? Or should we have started work once we knew the ground was going to be full each week ? Bear in mind the work going on outside that ground that is going to be very late by completion date it is fair to ask someone with the answers when we should have done this and where the impacted fans would be moved to ? Would they be asked not to attend until the work is done ?

I wasn't moaning about anyone being moved I asked you where they should go. You used to moan that stands had seats with poor views which is why the ground is never full, you seem to have moved on from that though, would these new stands have had seats at the ends too resulting in the same poor views ?

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6395 times
Has Liked: 8754 times

Post by IanMcL » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:38 am

bfcwest wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:02 am

You leave my view from the top of Longside Upper alone!

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:21 am

4 for Luton
37 for Fulham

Availability for Bournemouth, Brentford, Wolves, Brighton.

bfcwest

Post by bfcwest » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:06 pm

Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:16 am
No it isn't a put down, it is true though that to just sit there saying we should have built bigger stands earlier is lazy. You were given the cost of Liverpool as you said they are doing this. I asked you when we should do this as it isn't that long since we were getting 13000 on should we have done it then ? Or should we have started work once we knew the ground was going to be full each week ? Bear in mind the work going on outside that ground that is going to be very late by completion date it is fair to ask someone with the answers when we should have done this and where the impacted fans would be moved to ? Would they be asked not to attend until the work is done ?

I wasn't moaning about anyone being moved I asked you where they should go. You used to moan that stands had seats with poor views which is why the ground is never full, you seem to have moved on from that though, would these new stands have had seats at the ends too resulting in the same poor views ?
I'm impressed with your memory of what I have said in the past. I still maintain that we need more 'better seats', absolutely. And an extentsion to the Bob Lord stand backwards with a new roof would provide this. These new seats would be side on to the pitch, under cover (not getting soaked), not obstructed by a pillar, and not down low close to pitch level where the view is rubbish. So just the type of seats that sell out first rather than the ones at the front in the corners that sell out last.

The Bob Lord and Cricket Field stands WILL have to be done at some point, that is a fact, so when do you all think it should happen? When we have less money coming in one day?

I feel the club should have re-developed the Bob Lord when they did the corner development, or at least stated it so they could gradually have worked around to the Cricket Field with increased capacity to the Bob Lord that would have meant the eventual closing of the Cricket Field stand for 18 months wouldn't have had such a negative impact on comparable capacity.

On any threads about the developement of Turf Moor, there have been loads of you who have always said we don't need extra capacity becasue we never sell out. I have always been berated for suggesting that we do need more seats and a better fan experience (better seats) as it is a key ingredient in growing our fan base. Now we are sold out every week and could easily be getting over 30,000 for many home games this season if we had the capacity. We can't unfortunately. I think that is a shame.

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:10 pm

bfcwest wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:06 pm
I'm impressed with your memory of what I have said in the past. I still maintain that we need more 'better seats', absolutely. And an extentsion to the Bob Lord stand backwards with a new roof would provide this. These new seats would be side on to the pitch, under cover (not getting soaked), not obstructed by a pillar, and not down low close to pitch level where the view is rubbish. So just the type of seats that sell out first rather than the ones at the front in the corners that sell out last.

The Bob Lord and Cricket Field stands WILL have to be done at some point, that is a fact, so when do you all think it should happen? When we have less money coming in one day?

I feel the club should have re-developed the Bob Lord when they did the corner development, or at least stated it so they could gradually have worked around to the Cricket Field with increased capacity to the Bob Lord that would have meant the eventual closing of the Cricket Field stand for 18 months wouldn't have had such a negative impact on comparable capacity.

On any threads about the developement of Turf Moor, there have been loads of you who have always said we don't need extra capacity becasue we never sell out. I have always been berated for suggesting that we do need more seats and a better fan experience (better seats) as it is a key ingredient in growing our fan base. Now we are sold out every week and could easily be getting over 30,000 for many home games this season if we had the capacity. We can't unfortunately. I think that is a shame.
The only way we get crowds of over 30,000 is to do what Blackburn did and give away teams 8k. We haven't got the fanbase to attract that sort of crowd on a regular basis.

bfcwest

Post by bfcwest » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:39 pm

Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:10 pm
The only way we get crowds of over 30,000 is to do what Blackburn did and give away teams 8k. We haven't got the fanbase to attract that sort of crowd on a regular basis.
Now that is a lazy response.
How do you know what our fan base is? Do you think that you have to live in Burnley to support Burnley?!
And I was talking about increasing fan base, which is only possible with increased capacity.

thehistorylecturer63
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by thehistorylecturer63 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:42 pm

The sums don’t add up it isn’t happening any time soon.

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:42 pm

Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:10 pm
Unfortunately, that's the reality for a club of our size. Whilst in the Premier League there will always be the attraction to see Man U. and Liverpool, but drop down a level for any sustained period and we simply can't persuade supporters to watch the likes of Barnsley or Rotherham in any significant numbers, year on year. Over a period of time, our attendances will slowly dwindle to what they were in previous seasons.

I know it's stating the obvious, but a section of our support need to realise we'll never have the pulling power of bigger clubs over a longer timescale, no matter what short term success we may have.

bfcwest

Post by bfcwest » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:42 pm

Spijed wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:42 pm
Unfortunately, that's the reality for a club of our size. Whilst in the Premier League there will always be the attraction to see Man U. and Liverpool, but drop down a level for any sustained period and we simply can't persuade supporters to watch the likes of Barnsley or Rotherham in any significant numbers, year on year. Over a period of time, our attendances will slowly dwindle to what they were in previous seasons.

I know it's stating the obvious, but a section of our support need to realise we'll never have the pulling power of bigger clubs over a longer timescale, no matter what short term success we may have.
That is such a negative and small minded outlook on Burnley. Football has changed so much over recent years, it is so much more popular thoughout society, and Burnley can attract fans from far and wide if we get it right, building upon our history, uniqueness as well as proximity to football heartlands.

If Alan Pace thought like you then he wouldn't have invested in Burnley. Thank goodness he isn't so short sighted.

It was only a few months ago that you were saying we would never sell out regularly, never. Now you've had to adjust your negative rhetoric to suit rather than realise that maybe you were wrong, and Burnley can actually grow.
These 2 users liked this post: RVclaret mybloodisclaret

Spijed

Post by Spijed » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:48 pm

bfcwest wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:42 pm
That is such a negative and small minded outlook on Burnley. Football has changed so much over recent years, it is so much more popular thoughout society, and Burnley can attract fans from far and wide if we get it right, building upon our history, uniqueness as well as proximity to football heartlands.

If Alan Pace thought like you then he wouldn't have invested in Burnley. Thank goodness he isn't so short sighted.

It was only a few months ago that you were saying we would never sell out regularly, never. Now you've had to adjust your negative rhetoric to suit rather than realise that maybe you were wrong, and Burnley can actually grow.
But those fans attracted from far and wide won't be as interested in watching us play Barnsley on a Tuesday evening if we are stuck in the Championship with little hope of promotion. That's the harsh reality

bfcwest

Post by bfcwest » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:52 pm

Spijed wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:48 pm
But those fans attracted from far and wide won't be as interested in watching us play Barnsley on a Tuesday evening if we are stuck in the Championship with little hope of promotion. That's the harsh reality
So maybe we need to make the ground smaller now in case we drop into League One at some point?
Why are you worrying about having a big ground in a lower league?

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:53 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:21 am
4 for Luton
37 for Fulham

Availability for Bournemouth, Brentford, Wolves, Brighton.
They’ll go pretty quickly you’d imagine, then 15 sell outs 👏🏻👏🏻
This user liked this post: IanMcL

claretonthecoast1882

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:54 pm

bfcwest wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 12:39 pm
Now that is a lazy response.
How do you know what our fan base is? Do you think that you have to live in Burnley to support Burnley?!
And I was talking about increasing fan base, which is only possible with increased capacity.
I understand your comments far better now if you think we could pull in 30,000 plus crowds

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:02 pm

bfcwest wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:52 pm
So maybe we need to make the ground smaller now in case we drop into League One at some point?
Why are you worrying about having a big ground in a lower league?
That’s exactly my point with the “oh we won’t fill
it if” argument.

Firstly, if we only ever built TM to support Championship attendances we wouldn’t have made it 22,000 in the first place.

Secondly, I’m that scenario there will be spare seats anyway so who cares?

I’d much rather we try to grow our fanbase really, although incrementally and not to 30k any time soon.
This user liked this post: bfcwest

TonbridgeClaret
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by TonbridgeClaret » Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:30 pm

Luton sold out
These 3 users liked this post: IanMcL NewClaret mybloodisclaret

bigdavethemaddog
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:35 pm

nearly every game now sold out
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:44 pm

Aston Villa 7 Longside 12 Bob Lord available at moment.

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4037 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:00 pm

I love the debate of should we / shouldn't we improve capacity etc. It becomes quantum physics with some supporters.
Here's my take.
I have a ST in the CFS. Have done since we were allowed back in there. It's fantastic and the atmosphere can be surreal at times. (I don't take any illegal drugs by the way, contrary to what many think about us). The stand is fantastic, but we must accept sadly we have outgrown it. The bars, toilets and general room are desperately inadequate. The CFS will generally always be full, as many want to get in who can't.
In my view, The CFS (the Oldest part of Turf Moor) should be replaced with a similar but far more modern 7-8000 stand with rail seating, making sure we don't lose the acoustics. A modest upgrade as currently holds around 4100 I think. It was built in 1969 and as the first thing you see when approaching from the town, well it's looking tired at best. It would take capacity upto 26k ish, which I think is about optimum for us.

I understand the position with the cricket ground, and as an ex player and cricket enthusiast understand their position on the land, but the possibilities with acquiring the land are limitless in my view.

The whole footprint of Turf Moor is skewed. The pitch could be moved a number of meters towards the longside, generating room on the BL stand, and that is without all the land the BL occupies already.

Loads of potential, but also loads of cost.

When to do it? Well, that's the million dollar question.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:04 pm

bigdavethemaddog wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:35 pm
nearly every game now sold out
Love this. Well done lads and lasses.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11062 times
Has Liked: 5667 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:06 pm

it's interesting that in the interview Turfcast did with the Russell Ball he rolled his eyes as to why 1000 people who had tickets didn't turn up for the City game, he wasn't impressed.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:36 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:06 pm
it's interesting that in the interview Turfcast did with the Russell Ball he rolled his eyes as to why 1000 people who had tickets didn't turn up for the City game, he wasn't impressed.
Well I’d honestly have never guessed that there were 1000 spare seats. Looked packed to the rafters to me.
This user liked this post: Leisure

mybloodisclaret
Been Liked: 699 times
Has Liked: 4037 times

Post by mybloodisclaret » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:39 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:06 pm
It will be holidays mate, and people not familiar with ticket exchange system if they didn't know anyone who didn't have a ticket.

I went on the match though, even though I was setting off for airport at 4am.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:57 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:36 pm
Well I’d honestly have never guessed that there were 1000 spare seats. Looked packed to the rafters to me.
for obvious reasons I wasn't there but you would expect he has the numbers, no reason to say it otherwise. It was in the section when they were talking about 'points'
Last edited by Vegas Claret on Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:58 pm

mybloodisclaret wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:39 pm
It will be holidays mate, and people not familiar with ticket exchange system if they didn't know anyone who didn't have a ticket.

I went on the match though, even though I was setting off for airport at 4am.
yes, always people missing at the beginning of the season, shame though

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:03 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:57 pm
for obvious reasons I wasn't there but you would expect he has the numbers, no reason to say it otherwise. It was in the section when they were talking about 'points'
Wasn’t doubting it vegas, just surprised!

IanMcL

Post by IanMcL » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:50 am

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:36 pm
Lots of empty seats near me in Longside Upper. Scandalous.

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:43 am

NewClaret wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:03 pm
Wasn’t doubting it vegas, just surprised!
I know mate, I was too tbh

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by Claretforever » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:18 am

What, he isn’t surprised people didn’t arrange for season tickets to go to other people when the cards weren’t turning up for a lot of fans until a week or so before the game, and it was peak holiday season so some got them just before they went, and others might not have seen them until they got back? That never crossed his mind? I think it should have.

I’m actually surprised so few missed the game to be honest. I reckon ~5% of the home end missing must be some kind of record for an August game?

taio
Been Liked: 3249 times
Has Liked: 346 times

Post by taio » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:29 am

IanMcL wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:50 am
Lots of empty seats near me in Longside Upper. Scandalous.
What do you find scandalous?