Arijanet Muric

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
spt_claret
Been Liked: 744 times
Has Liked: 463 times

Re: Arijanet Muric

Post by spt_claret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:53 pm

ClaretMat wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:48 pm
I'll reiterate it's poor from O'Shea, I just don't recall seeing many passes similar to that from the same position at the same pace nearly ending up in a goal.
Because players don't tend to pass at pace to their own bottom corner opposite to where their keeper is without looking, it's really that simple. Dara's improved a lot over the season so it surprised me too

Casper2
Been Liked: 223 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Casper2 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:54 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:37 pm
Brilliant today, apart from that mix up first half, which on second look I was a little harsh on his positioning. His passing is right up there with Ederson for me.
“A little harsh”= totally wrong

Poulton-le-Claret
Been Liked: 94 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by Poulton-le-Claret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:58 pm

spt_claret wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:53 pm
Because players don't tend to pass at pace to their own bottom corner opposite to where their keeper is without looking, it's really that simple. Dara's improved a lot over the season so it surprised me too
I wasn't too surprised by the mix up. The players are used to passing to JT, who always stands in the centre. Should always look before you make them passes, but it didn't cost us :D

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3164 times
Has Liked: 6762 times

Post by boatshed bill » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:59 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:29 pm
The Muric Trafford debate does not interest me. However its unbelievable that it took until 29 game of our season to try a new GK, when we have conceded so many goals and lost 20 games. VK needs to be made accountable for this , alongside giving Cullen the cold shoulder for so long, Think Trafford would have been bullied today
"made accountable" ?
Ever thought he may have been instructed?

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 621 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:25 pm

Minus the O’Shea incident in the first half, the back 4 looked so much more confident with muric behind them

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8742 times

Post by IanMcL » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:25 pm

He will enjoy his evening.

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:27 pm

Oustanding MOM performance for me today.

O'Shea's mistake is what nearly led to the goal, Muric was doing what he does and giving the defenders space to pass it to him without having to do a 180 degree blind turn.

His distribution and long passing ability was a joy to watch. He threw himself in front of everything, knowing he was going to get battered.

He is what we have needed all along. Hopefully gives Trafford the space and time to develop now.

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 pm

The decision to throw Trafford in and stick with him is looking worse and worse. The poor lad should have been taken out of the firing line months ago.
Its hard to praise Muric today without acknowledging what a huge ballsup Kompany has made.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:32 pm

Excellent performance today, kept us going forwards (quickly), claimed his crosses and, whilst addressing any doubts, made match winning saves.

But… before the jizz fest gets too out of hand - this was a Brentford side, in poor form, down to 10 men after 5 minutes.

If Muric performs like this for the remainder of the season we have a chance, but let’s not get carried away just yet.

Well done Aro
This user liked this post: Oppycat

helmclaret
Been Liked: 325 times
Has Liked: 189 times

Post by helmclaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:34 pm

Did nothing to deserve to be dropped and should have started the season. He’s head and shoulders above Trafford in most departments.

He passes/throws the the ball with purpose and conviction, and usually releases us so we can start an attack.

Commands his area and punched well today when a clean catch wasn’t possible.

It’s such a shame it’s taken this long to give him a chance. The back four looked more assured also. He looks like a PL keeper to me and I hope he’s picked for the rest of the season.
This user liked this post: Carlos the Great

Tufty
Been Liked: 16 times
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Tufty » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:39 pm

So when is it Bensons turn to be let back in the family? 😉

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:50 pm

The team looked night and day better against 10 men of Brentford than they did against 11 men of Arsenal. Whether that is totally down to Muric, or whether other factors are involved, is open to debate. ;)

Muric played well today, but I am far from convinced that playing like we did today would have given us many more points over the season. We still struggled to score, and we still conceded. Let's see a few more games before we get too excited. Chelsea should be an interesting test.
These 2 users liked this post: boatshed bill Goodclaret

helmclaret

Post by helmclaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:55 pm

You really can’t see the difference in his presence and distribution compared to Trafford?

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm

Apart from a perfectly regular alround prem keeper performance I didn’t see anything to warrant the ludicrous eulogising , fawning and lickspittle in Muric’s direction . He was sound , couple of punches which JT would have been roasted over, only real save was the full offside one . His distribution was regulation no better /worse than JT’s, though IMO Muric has more presence .

He’s back surely to bump his fee , but I still rate him fractionally better than Trafford and AM really should hsce been recalled after Xmas just to mix it up .

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:59 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm
Apart from a perfectly regular alround prem keeper performance I didn’t see anything to warrant the ludicrous eulogising , fawning and lickspittle in Muric’s direction . He was sound , couple of punches which JT would have been roasted over, only real save was the full offside one . His distribution was regulation no better /worse than JT’s,
Sorry, but that's absolute b0llocks.
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

Bordeauxclaret
Been Liked: 3342 times
Has Liked: 1964 times

Post by Bordeauxclaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:00 pm

Take away the difference in passing, which is chalk and cheese, he had a very very solid game I thought.
This user liked this post: Vim Fuego

Vim Fuego
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Vim Fuego » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:04 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:39 pm
Nori really is bringing out all his burner accounts tonight isn't he? :lol:
Like a few others, he needs to be cooking a big portion of humble pie to offer out on here.

Same for that relentlessly stat fella RV who has gone awol recently.

We have been crying out for Muric and those that said so got unnecessary negativity. Jesus today was good , a breath of fresh air 👍
These 2 users liked this post: CoolClaret StayingDown4Ever

CryerBFC
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by CryerBFC » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:12 pm

The whole ‘poor Brentford side’ is nonsense. You can only beat what’s in front of you, nevertheless, the whole side looked far more comfortable with Aro in the sticks. Similar to Forest in the cup, and Spurs in the cup, the whole team looks more fluid and everything is done a couple of seconds quicker. His passing is unreal, we’ve really missed it this season and I’m sure teams wouldn’t swarm us at the back as much with him on the ball as they do with JT, through fear of him picking someone out and being on the back foot.

I’ve nothing against Trafford, he can’t help being thrown in at the deep end, but as a fan who wants the best for his team, I want the best selections, and that includes Muric.

helmclaret

Post by helmclaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:17 pm

I’d file that Brentford performance with a few teams who’ve visited us this season. West Ham and Palace definitely spring to mind.

bigdavethemaddog
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:19 pm

wonder if VK still has a poster of James Trafford next to his bed

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 605 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:19 pm

I think playing Music today was a tactical ploy as Trafford would have really struggled against Toney and that Kompany may well have planned on returning Trafford to the team for the next game.

However, with the crowd reaction to the team being announced, and the fantastic display Music produced, that might now lead to a riot. Muric simply has to keep his place now.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:21 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:50 pm
The team looked night and day better against 10 men of Brentford than they did against 11 men of Arsenal. Whether that is totally down to Muric, or whether other factors are involved, is open to debate. ;)

Muric played well today, but I am far from convinced that playing like we did today would have given us many more points over the season. We still struggled to score, and we still conceded. Let's see a few more games before we get too excited. Chelsea should be an interesting test.
Almost as though there's more than 11 man Arsenal that we've looked absolutely shite against - we created numerous clear cut chances today, 'xG' even backs that up.

NL Claret
Been Liked: 524 times
Has Liked: 213 times

Post by NL Claret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:24 pm

CryerBFC wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:12 pm
The whole ‘poor Brentford side’ is nonsense. You can only beat what’s in front of you, nevertheless, the whole side looked far more comfortable with Aro in the sticks. Similar to Forest in the cup, and Spurs in the cup, the whole team looks more fluid and everything is done a couple of seconds quicker. His passing is unreal, we’ve really missed it this season and I’m sure teams wouldn’t swarm us at the back as much with him on the ball as they do with JT, through fear of him picking someone out and being on the back foot.

I’ve nothing against Trafford, he can’t help being thrown in at the deep end, but as a fan who wants the best for his team, I want the best selections, and that includes Muric.
Only watched 2nd half, Brentford were not a great team and even with 10 men caused us a few palpitations late on when they put some crosses onto Muric. Could easily have drawn the game on another day. Didn’t see the Palace or WHU home games, I believe then the opposition was not great then, nor were Luton. You can only beat what’s in front of you applies to those games too. The team / set up / game plan is naive, nothing to do with GK, the complete and utter overplay around the Brentford box in the second half was down to the GK?

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1623 times
Has Liked: 892 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:29 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:59 pm
Sorry, but that's absolute b0llocks.
You’re being kind to him.

It’s pure, unadulterated ********. Simply suggesting Muric’s distribution is no better than Trafford’s is worthy of getting himself booked in for a brain scan at the earliest opportunity.

helmclaret

Post by helmclaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:31 pm

NL Claret wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:24 pm
Only watched 2nd half, Brentford were not a great team and even with 10 men caused us a few palpitations late on when they put some crosses onto Muric. Could easily have drawn the game on another day. Didn’t see the Palace or WHU home games, I believe then the opposition was not great then, nor were Luton. You can only beat what’s in front of you applies to those games too. The team / set up / game plan is naive, nothing to do with GK, the complete and utter overplay around the Brentford box in the second half was down to the GK?
I’d suggest you watch the first half.

Muric set us off on a few attacks and was integral to the game plan with quick throws and passing with conviction.

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:44 pm

helmclaret wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:31 pm
I’d suggest you watch the first half.

Muric set us off on a few attacks and was integral to the game plan with quick throws and passing with conviction.

If I watch the first half will it suggest that we could have managed the game better after going 2 up against ten men.

The team (not because of whoever is GK) is so naive and perhaps Kompany is too. Subs questionable again, needed some experience not Amdouni and why keep Odobert on. Odobert can run the clock right down instead he puts a poor ball into the box and losses possession, he’s not had an end product this year, he’s got to weigh up his chances, shouldn’t be on the pitch anyhow. Not a fan of jay rod however him and JBG should have come on for odobert/ JBL.

Gordaleman
Been Liked: 855 times
Has Liked: 605 times

Post by Gordaleman » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:49 pm

Gordaleman wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:19 pm
I think playing Music today was a tactical ploy as Trafford would have really struggled against Toney and that Kompany may well have planned on returning Trafford to the team for the next game.

However, with the crowd reaction to the team being announced, and the fantastic display Music produced, that might now lead to a riot. Muric simply has to keep his place now.
I think calling Muric (Music) was a Freudian slip. After all, when the team was announced, it was music to my ears.

helmclaret

Post by helmclaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:50 pm

I think most of us are singing from the same team sheet with this one

Carlos the Great
Been Liked: 150 times
Has Liked: 375 times

Post by Carlos the Great » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:58 pm

I’m amazed how people can’t see how much better the team is with Muric in goal … Forget super saves .. the confidence it brings the defence to know he is there and his distribution is miles better .. Muric looks like a premier league keeper and Trafford looks like a young keeper learning his trade
This user liked this post: helmclaret

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:59 pm

One superb ball to Fofana (?) in the left wing position in the second half was sublime, thought we had Ross Barkley in the nets for a moment.

Pulled three out of the net and up the tempo of Burnley’s performance.
This user liked this post: helmclaret

beeholeclaret
Been Liked: 299 times
Has Liked: 441 times

Post by beeholeclaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:01 pm

His passing was tremendous and his confidence in the ball inspires others. He made a few vital saves in each half. Enjoyed his performance today.

That’s not to say I’ve not supported Trafford’s efforts this season. It was a lot to expect a young lad to jump up 2 divisions and play well behind an unsettled defence each week. Hopefully he will come back stronger for his experience.

Vim Fuego
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Post by Vim Fuego » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:03 pm

ClaretLoup wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:59 pm
One superb ball to Fofana (?) in the left wing position in the second half was sublime, thought we had Ross Barkley in the nets for a moment.

Pulled three out of the net and up the tempo of Burnley’s performance.
Exactly this. The speed of his distribution just improves us so much.

ClaretLoup
Been Liked: 540 times
Has Liked: 188 times

Post by ClaretLoup » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:06 pm

Yes it means that the players receiving the ball have more time and space as the opposition aren’t “set”.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:07 pm

Don't care if people think it makes me a fan-girl, not genuine, a Trafford hater- whatever else I've seen going round.

That was one of the best performances from a GK since Pope was here and it left me with a fantastic feeling. That save at the end of the first half was absolutely top drawer, but apart from that his distribution actually had me out of my seat today. Call me a weirdo but some of those pinged passes he hits are absolutely outstanding. Generally dealt with the other stuff fine, but just for his passes and that first half save I thought he was excellent.

People talk about Trafford's ceiling and I'm sure it's huge, but if Muric plays like that with any sort of consistency at the top level then he's going to be at a top club himself.
These 3 users liked this post: CoolClaret Bosscat Stalbansclaret

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 621 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:09 pm

Remember when heaton came back in for hart and we beat West Ham 2-0 and it turned our season around? Only difference is we did that 2 months earlier then march

Steddyman
Been Liked: 624 times
Has Liked: 491 times

Post by Steddyman » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:12 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:
Apart from a perfectly regular alround prem keeper performance I didn’t see anything to warrant the ludicrous eulogising , fawning and lickspittle in Muric’s direction . He was sound , couple of punches which JT would have been roasted over, only real save was the full offside one . His distribution was regulation no better /worse than JT’s, though IMO Muric has more presence .

He’s back surely to bump his fee , but I still rate him fractionally better than Trafford and AM really should hsce been recalled after Xmas just to mix it up .
Were you listening to it on the radio?

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1820 times
Has Liked: 1800 times

Post by dougcollins » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:16 pm

Muric is 6’4”, same as Pope- it shows.

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 374 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:18 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Both Muric and Trafford have strengths. But we've needed Muric's strengths all season. Very glad to see him in the net today. Made a difference.

UTC

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:26 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:07 pm
Don't care if people think it makes me a fan-girl, not genuine, a Trafford hater- whatever else I've seen going round.

That was one of the best performances from a GK since Pope was here and it left me with a fantastic feeling. That save at the end of the first half was absolutely top drawer, but apart from that his distribution actually had me out of my seat today. Call me a weirdo but some of those pinged passes he hits are absolutely outstanding. Generally dealt with the other stuff fine, but just for his passes and that first half save I thought he was excellent.

People talk about Trafford's ceiling and I'm sure it's huge, but if Muric plays like that with any sort of consistency at the top level then he's going to be at a top club himself.
He's genuinely worth the admission fee alone.

I'm a ginormous fan. Think he's absolutely brilliant.
These 2 users liked this post: Brugge Claret Superjohnnyfrancis

Brugge Claret
Been Liked: 7 times
Has Liked: 13 times

Post by Brugge Claret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:28 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:

You hit the nail on the head “ A perfectly all round prem keeper performance “ not bad on his debut

JR1882
Been Liked: 171 times

Post by JR1882 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:30 pm

He’s made VK look a right d1ck today.

Blindingly obvious he should have been starting months and months ago and now he comes in once we are down.

Delighted for Muric and with the 3 points but today just re enforces what a mess VK has made of this season.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11055 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:33 pm

dsr wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:50 pm

I'm aware this will sound ridiculous, but the thinking at the club seems to be far beyond what happens this season. Today was a good day for the football club in a manner of ways

BabylonClaret
Been Liked: 710 times
Has Liked: 619 times

Post by BabylonClaret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:39 pm

He played well and stood up well but most saves were as I would expect and I think Trafford makes those too.

He does however move it more quickly and the passing is crisper and accurate so it's harder for teams to press us effectively and because he can drill those great long diagonals accurately to players teams can't afford to leave him with a lot of time on the ball.

Should have been playng earlier no doubt (in fact after Spurs in the Cup it should have been pretty obvious.

Turftalker
Been Liked: 39 times
Has Liked: 16 times

Post by Turftalker » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:41 pm

He had a good match. His passing is excellent and crucially he does it rapidly; that helps our momentum in attack.

But I don't think there is more than a cigarette paper between him and Trafford in shot stopping and both are poor aerially.

I think Muric coming in was the right decision, but let's not suddenly pretend he is the saviour (how many loving Muric were slagging him last season!).

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:45 pm

JR1882 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:30 pm

Blindingly obvious he should have been starting months and months ago and now he comes in once we are down.

Delighted for Muric and with the 3 points but today just re enforces what a mess VK has made of this season.
Agreed, whoever applied the pressure , well done👍

CryerBFC
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 36 times

Post by CryerBFC » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:58 pm

BabylonClaret wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:39 pm
He played well and stood up well but most saves were as I would expect and I think Trafford makes those too.

He does however move it more quickly and the passing is crisper and accurate so it's harder for teams to press us effectively and because he can drill those great long diagonals accurately to players teams can't afford to leave him with a lot of time on the ball.

Should have been playng earlier no doubt (in fact after Spurs in the Cup it should have been pretty obvious.
The one that stood out for me was the one with Wissa through on goal first half, the way he stayed as big as he could, closed down the angle and then spread himself to make the save was top class.

I’ve seen enough times already this season to believe Trafford doesn’t make that save, I don’t think he has the same presence and potentially gives a bigger target for the striker to hit.

NL Claret

Post by NL Claret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:02 pm

Carlos the Great wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:58 pm
I’m amazed how people can’t see how much better the team is with Muric in goal … Forget super saves .. the confidence it brings the defence to know he is there and his distribution is miles better .. Muric looks like a premier league keeper and Trafford looks like a young keeper learning his trade
Amazed, worried , we’ve just scraped a win v 10 men out of form Brentford.

Mansfield claret
Been Liked: 26 times
Has Liked: 3 times

Post by Mansfield claret » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:05 pm

JR1882 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:30 pm

Played well
But it's one game, if he gets a run till the end of the season judge him then, but against 10man Brentford might be too soon to get carried away.

Steve-Harpers-perm
Been Liked: 1884 times
Has Liked: 841 times

Post by Steve-Harpers-perm » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:05 pm

Glad we’ve kept our secret weapon until the run in! You could see the difference after a few minutes absolutely ridiculous Kompany persisted with Trafford.

Row Z
Been Liked: 80 times
Has Liked: 17 times

Post by Row Z » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:06 pm

AlargeClaret wrote:

Surely fishing with this post as it’s complete nonsense.

The statement that his distribution was “regulation” is even worse.

It’s worlds apart from Trafford stalling our momentum with his foot on the ball only to roll it to one of our CBs. Muric sees and executes passes the majority of us don’t see and does it at pace, with directness and it unlocks the pitch for us. He did it countless times today and we look a miles better side as a result.
This user liked this post: mybloodisclaret