The first two hundred Premier League goals – choose the best
Back in February 2017, we conducted a vote to choose the best Burnley goal of the first 100 we’d scored in the Premier League; last week we did likewise to select the best of the next 100.
Today, and for the next three days, the top six from each of those votes have been put together to give you the opportunity to select which of them you think is our best ever Premier League goal.
In chronological order, it starts with Robbie Blake’s goal in the 1-0 win against Manchester United, our first ever home game in the Premier League. That’s the only goal from the 2009/10 season and there is just one from our next season in 2014/15, that is Ashley Barnes’ strike in the 2-1 defeat at Tottenham.
The next four are all from the 2016/17 season. There’s Steven Defour’s first Burnley goal at home against Hull, Barnes’ late winner against Crystal Palace, Hendrick’s opener against Bournemouth and Robbie Brady’s free kick against Chelsea, all four of them at the Turf.
It’s the opposite with the selections from 2017/18. There are five in total and all of them in away games. It starts on the opening day of the season with Steven Ward’s goal at Chelsea and is followed by Hendrick’s goal at Everton, Defour’s at Manchester United and a Barnes double, one at West Ham and the other at West Brom in successive games.
Finally, comes that late equaliser from Hendrick recently at Brighton to bring up the twelve goals and you’ve now got until the end of Friday to cast your vote. Twelve goals from six players, just select the one you think was the best from the list below which can also be found, if viewing the desktop version of the site, on all pages below the monthly archive link.
Which is the best of Burnley's first 200 Premier League goals?
- Robbie Blake v Man United (h) - 2009/10 (40%, 148 Votes)
- Jeff Hendrick v Everton (a) - 2017/18 (24%, 90 Votes)
- Jeff Hendrick v Bournemouth (h) - 2016/17 (9%, 35 Votes)
- Steven Defour v Man United (a) - 2017/18 (9%, 33 Votes)
- Steven Defour v Hull (h) - 2016/17 (5%, 20 Votes)
- Stephen Ward v Chelsea (a) - 2017/18 (4%, 13 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes v Crystal Palace (h) - 2016/17 (3%, 10 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes v West Brom (a) - 2017/18 (2%, 6 Votes)
- Jeff Hendrick v Brighton (a) - 2019/20 (2%, 6 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes v Tottenham (a) - 2014/15 (1%, 5 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes v West Ham (a) - 2017/18 (1%, 3 Votes)
- Robbie Brady v Chelsea (h) - 2016/17 (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 369