Two hundred goals for Burnley and time to vote for your favourites
At the beginning of March 2017, Burnley lost 3-2 at Swansea City with both our goals scored by Andre Gray, the first of them from the penalty spot.
Those goals took Burnley’s total of Premier League goals to 100 and during the following week we held a vote here on Up the Clarets to select the best of them. Allowing everyone the option to select three goals, there were only really two goals in the running; Jeff Hendrick’s stunner in the 3-2 home win against Bournemouth in that 2016/17 season was second but there was no doubting the big winner was our very first Premier League goal scored by Robbie Blake against Manchester United.
It took us 103 games to score those goals and last Saturday at Aston Villa, 94 games later, we’ve doubled the tally to 200 so it is now time for another vote.
After some debate, we’ve selected twenty of the goals from the second 100 to choose from and the poll below will now run for three days, until the end of Friday, to select the best of them. It includes three goals from the latter part of the 2016/17 season, nine from 2017/18, five from last season and three from the early weeks of this season.
DON’T FORGET – YOU CAN VOTE FOR UP TO THREE GOALS
200 Premier League goals in 197 games. Those goals have been scored by 43 different players, four of whom were playing for the opposition.
Our Premier League Goalscorers
36: Ashley Barnes
23: Chris Wood
17: Sam Vokes
11: Danny Ings
9: Andre Gray
8: Steven Fletcher & Jeff Hendrick
7: Graham Alexander, George Boyd & Jόhann Berg Guðmundsson
6: David Nugent
5: Scott Arfield
4: Jack Cork, Wade Elliott, Martin Paterson & Steven Thompson
3: Dwight McNeil, Ben Mee & James Tarkowski
2: Robbie Blake, Robbie Brady, Steven Defour, Chris Eagles, Michael Keane, Stephen Ward & Ashley Westwood
1: Joey Barton, Andre Bikey, Steven Caldwell, Danny Fox, Ben Gibson, Michael Kightly, Aaron Lennon, Kevin Long, Dean Marney, Kevin McDonald, Jay Rodriguez, Matej Vydra & Ross Wallace
Own Goals: Paul Dummett (Newcastle), Karl Darlow (Newcastle), Dennis Odoi (Fulham) & Conor Coady (Wolves)
Which are the best of Burnley's second 100 Premier League goals?
- Jeff Hendrick v Everton (a) - 2017/18 (27%, 255 Votes)
- Steven Defour v Manchester United (a) - 2017/18 (25%, 238 Votes)
- Stephen Ward v Chelsea (a) - 2017/18 (12%, 114 Votes)
- Jeff Hendrick v Brighton (a) - 2019/20 (6%, 58 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes v West Brom (a) - 2017/18 (5%, 51 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes v West Ham (a) - 2017/18 (5%, 51 Votes)
- Jeff Hendrick v Chelsea (a) - 2018/19 (5%, 47 Votes)
- Jόhann Berg Guðmundsson v Manchester City (h) - 2017/18 (3%, 26 Votes)
- Dwight McNeil v Wolves (h) - 2018/19 (2%, 23 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes v Wolves (a) - 2019/20 (2%, 15 Votes)
- Chris Wood v Tottenham (a) - 2017/18 (1%, 14 Votes)
- Scott Arfield v Liverpool (a) - 2017/18 (1%, 11 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes 1st v Southampton (h) - 2019/20 (1%, 10 Votes)
- Sam Vokes v Newcastle (h) - 2018/19 (1%, 8 Votes)
- Robbie Brady v Bournemouth (a) - 2017/18 (1%, 6 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes v Liverpool (a) - 2016/17 (1%, 5 Votes)
- Andre Gray v Crystal Palace (a) - 2016/17 (1%, 5 Votes)
- George Boyd v Stoke (h) - 2016/17 (0%, 4 Votes)
- Ashley Barnes v Huddersfield (a) - 2018/19 (0%, 3 Votes)
- Chris Wood v West Ham (h) - 2018/19 (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 439