Choose our best home performance of the season
When the season ended, Josh Cullen was our player of the year and after a vote last week, Manuel Benson’s goal at Blackburn was voted as our goal of the season.
Now we turn our attention to the best home performance of the season. I’ve just looked back over the past six seasons when home games against Liverpool, Manchester City, Spurs, Leicester, Aston Villa and Everton have been voted the best but which team will be added to that list? Which game will be chosen?
That Manchester City game mentioned came in the 2017/18 season when a Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson goal gave us a point in a 1-1 draw. The others were all victories and that will be the case this season.
With sixteen home league wins and three more in the cups, there is no need to include any of the draws.
Having drawn the first three games, we then beat Millwall and Bristol City. Following another draw, we then secured ten successive home wins against Swansea, Norwich, Reading, Rotherham, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Coventry, West Brom and Preston with further victories against Huddersfield, Wigan, Sheffield United and Cardiff taking it to sixteen. Added to that is the League Cup win against Crawley and the two FA Cup victories against Ipswich and Fleetwood.
Some of those wins were tight affairs, others not. Five times we won 3-0 and twice the result was 4-0. There were wins against Middlesbrough and West Brom at a time when they were on good runs and threatening the top positions too and then the Easter victory against Sheffield United that just about ensured we would be champions.
A lot to consider before making your choice from the nineteen games. The vote is now open and will run until the end of Thursday. It’s below and, on the desktop version it’s on every page between the London Clarets advert and the search bar.
Which was our best home performance in the 2022/23 season?
- Blackburn (3-0) (64%, 443 Votes)
- Preston (3-0) (9%, 63 Votes)
- Swansea (4-0) (7%, 51 Votes)
- Middlesbrough (3-1) (5%, 36 Votes)
- Huddersfield (4-0) (5%, 35 Votes)
- Rotherham (3-2) (5%, 31 Votes)
- Sheffield United (2-0) (2%, 13 Votes)
- West Bom (2-1) (1%, 6 Votes)
- Coventry (1-0) (0%, 2 Votes)
- Crawley (2-1) (0%, 2 Votes)
- Birmingham (3-0) (0%, 2 Votes)
- Wigan (3-0) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Millwall (2-0) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Reading (2-1) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Bristol City (2-1) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Ipswich (2-1) (0%, 0 Votes)
- Fleetwood (1-0) (0%, 0 Votes)
- Norwich (1-0) (0%, 0 Votes)
- Cardiff (3-0) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 688
Share this page :